Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 137. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I do not understand this difference in price between Lot 8 and Lot 9, the only thing that changes is the date of delivery, this is stealing people  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Thats just how it works. The sooner a miner can be delivered, the more it is worth. Its not stealing, thats how it has always been and thats how it always will be. Imagine getting a S7 1 year ago. Now imagine getting a S1 now.

The result speak for itself.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I do not understand this difference in price between Lot 8 and Lot 9, the only thing that changes is the date of delivery, this is stealing people  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
B6 backside photo https://imgur.com/sIYNhVX

Ok, so, the "30C" resistor is the 20k reference one.
"
and one of the "123" resistor allows you to output 10.6v.
divided by 15 chips in a string = 0.71v at the chips
Edit:
not "123"(12k), but there should be a 1.2k resistor or close value.

1.1k resistor in place of the 1.2k will give 0.77v at the chips
1.3k resistor will give 0.65v at the chips
18k resistor in place of the 20k should also work for 0.64v at the chips
22k resistor in place of the 20k will give 0.77v at the chips

Edit, I'm aging, took me 20 minutes to figure the over/undervolt.

I am just working from the available pictures, but just to say that I agree with all of the above including the fact that I cannot find the approx 1.2K resistor which is needed from pin 2 on the LM27402 to ground as the bottom part of the potential divider?

I have a possible solution which is that U3 on the other side of the board, which in the pictures I cannot read the ident, is a Digital Pot, perhaps set up from the pads on the edge of the board, which would enable a value & hence the voltage to be set? Bit of a wild guess and could be for something completely different but easy to check if someone has a board out of a system.  Smiley

Also uncertain about U2 marked AG30, is this an LDO & if so what is it for?

Also note that the Bitmain pictures show a V1 without U3 and that Batch 6 is V2 & Batch 8 a V3 Board

Rich
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
To everyone running bitmain 1600 psu, bladecenter, etc.....what are you using for surge protection??? I do not have prior experience with these types of psu but switching over and wondering how to do it correctly.

If you plan on adding more rigs in the future, a PDU is not a bad choice with surge protection built in.  This will enable you to add more PSU's and rigs as well [Depending on your breaker, the voltage/amperage of the PDU, etc... 

Some have their PDU plugged into a surge protector.  And then some have a PDU plugged into a surge protector that's plugged into another surge protector.  Not many, but a few do this.  As for what surge protectors they are using in front of their PDU's, I'm not sure.  Maybe someone will chime in after a while.

PDU is pretty much pointless if you use a 1600W PSU, since a 208V 15A circuit could only handle 1 PSU, and a 240V 30A circuit will only handle 3-4 PSUs (and thats near the safe limits). most PDUs are built with 10-20 outlets on them and as such offer no real benefit.

better option is to either utilize a basic 208/240V surge protector and try to avoid using costly PDUs
legendary
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
To everyone running bitmain 1600 psu, bladecenter, etc.....what are you using for surge protection??? I do not have prior experience with these types of psu but switching over and wondering how to do it correctly.

If you plan on adding more rigs in the future, a PDU is not a bad choice with surge protection built in.  This will enable you to add more PSU's and rigs as well [Depending on your breaker, the voltage/amperage of the PDU, etc... 

Some have their PDU plugged into a surge protector.  And then some have a PDU plugged into a surge protector that's plugged into another surge protector.  Not many, but a few do this.  As for what surge protectors they are using in front of their PDU's, I'm not sure.  Maybe someone will chime in after a while.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
legendary
Where are you pointing all that hash?

Usually between westhash and f2pool - whichever one is higher payout at the moment.
I've written scripts to manage the miners and change pools according to highest payout.
Sometimes I'll swing them at a PPLNS pool if I think it's due to have a good day, but mostly leave it auto to PPS pools.

How often does westhash win?  It seems like nice/westhash have been below bitcoin payments most of time unless I have missed something.

It does, but you should probably also see the pool as a PPS pool. Its 4% at the moment, on top of that there is a 2% cut on sell and buy from nicehash. So it seem pretty on par with the 4-10% PPS fee from most pools. Sometimes Nicehash is at -1~2% vs 100% luck mining at that point its "better".

Anyways thats how i threat Nicehash now that i solely have Sha miners.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Where are you pointing all that hash?

Usually between westhash and f2pool - whichever one is higher payout at the moment.
I've written scripts to manage the miners and change pools according to highest payout.
Sometimes I'll swing them at a PPLNS pool if I think it's due to have a good day, but mostly leave it auto to PPS pools.

How often does westhash win?  It seems like nice/westhash have been below bitcoin payments most of time unless I have missed something.
legendary
Heating a home with natural gas will cost less then the electricity running miners. Gas is pretty cheap. I have natural gas, so I have no idea on what electric or oil would be. In 2.5 months it will be March, winter over in the Northeast US. If everyone spent all the money they spent on buying miners from Bitmain/China and upgrading electricity in the home (S7 time frames) they would of made a profit already. Two months ago BTC was -200. When did everyone start dumping money on the S7's? For BTC to survive we need to stop feeding China. I really laugh when I see users promoting certain non-china pools and then I see them on here buying S7's like donuts. Buying Chinese made mining hardware isn't  the same as mining on one, but it does just feed the China machine that much more - in the grand scheme of things. The Bitcoin "industry" has already indicated this is a problem. Change has to start somewhere.

please point me to a new miner I can buy that is under 2k and not sold by china.

There are none, that's why I chose to buy Bitcoin instead. I purchased S5's when they came out, I guess I want to see this big experiment work out for our children's, children. If it ends up all profit driven then it will never be what it could. Just my opinion, I do not mean to offend anyone.

technically, if you just buy btc and don't mine, you've got no vote on btc policies.

That's how inequality gaps start. Bitcoin is controlled by all Bitcoin users. A quote from somewhere. Smiley

I can see how miners can vote individually (not in a pool, but solo); I don't see how users can vote on bitcoin matters.
Please, produce evidence to the contrary.
the only way i can see users voting is in a negative or positiove, by using/not using the Bitcoin system as it is.
users have no vote on WHAT is the current system and on changes to it.

This system is already in place, pool affix a note on their blocks to "vote" like in the Bitcoin XT/Bip100/101 flame war months this year. Miners point their hashrate to the pool or port that "vote" for whatever they want.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Heating a home with natural gas will cost less then the electricity running miners. Gas is pretty cheap. I have natural gas, so I have no idea on what electric or oil would be. In 2.5 months it will be March, winter over in the Northeast US. If everyone spent all the money they spent on buying miners from Bitmain/China and upgrading electricity in the home (S7 time frames) they would of made a profit already. Two months ago BTC was -200. When did everyone start dumping money on the S7's? For BTC to survive we need to stop feeding China. I really laugh when I see users promoting certain non-china pools and then I see them on here buying S7's like donuts. Buying Chinese made mining hardware isn't  the same as mining on one, but it does just feed the China machine that much more - in the grand scheme of things. The Bitcoin "industry" has already indicated this is a problem. Change has to start somewhere.

please point me to a new miner I can buy that is under 2k and not sold by china.

There are none, that's why I chose to buy Bitcoin instead. I purchased S5's when they came out, I guess I want to see this big experiment work out for our children's, children. If it ends up all profit driven then it will never be what it could. Just my opinion, I do not mean to offend anyone.

technically, if you just buy btc and don't mine, you've got no vote on btc policies.

That's how inequality gaps start. Bitcoin is controlled by all Bitcoin users. A quote from somewhere. Smiley

I can see how miners can vote individually (not in a pool, but solo); I don't see how users can vote on bitcoin matters.
Please, produce evidence to the contrary.
the only way i can see users voting is in a negative or positive, by using/not using the Bitcoin system as it is.
users have no vote on WHAT is the current system and on changes to it.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
Heating a home with natural gas will cost less then the electricity running miners. Gas is pretty cheap. I have natural gas, so I have no idea on what electric or oil would be. In 2.5 months it will be March, winter over in the Northeast US. If everyone spent all the money they spent on buying miners from Bitmain/China and upgrading electricity in the home (S7 time frames) they would of made a profit already. Two months ago BTC was -200. When did everyone start dumping money on the S7's? For BTC to survive we need to stop feeding China. I really laugh when I see users promoting certain non-china pools and then I see them on here buying S7's like donuts. Buying Chinese made mining hardware isn't  the same as mining on one, but it does just feed the China machine that much more - in the grand scheme of things. The Bitcoin "industry" has already indicated this is a problem. Change has to start somewhere.

legendary
Heating a home with natural gas will cost less then the electricity running miners. Gas is pretty cheap. I have natural gas, so I have no idea on what electric or oil would be. In 2.5 months it will be March, winter over in the Northeast US. If everyone spent all the money they spent on buying miners from Bitmain/China and upgrading electricity in the home (S7 time frames) they would of made a profit already. Two months ago BTC was -200. When did everyone start dumping money on the S7's? For BTC to survive we need to stop feeding China. I really laugh when I see users promoting certain non-china pools and then I see them on here buying S7's like donuts. Buying Chinese made mining hardware isn't  the same as mining on one, but it does just feed the China machine that much more - in the grand scheme of things. The Bitcoin "industry" has already indicated this is a problem. Change has to start somewhere.

legendary
Personal text my ass....

legendary

I read a lot of threads complaining about KnC and Bitfury having a near monopoly; they currently represent a small portion of the network.  It's refreshing to see someone complain about the now over 50% of the network pointed at Chinese pools. 

That being said; Bitmain and Avalon are currently the only game in town for home miners ( I haven't seen that lightbulb yet so I don't expect to see another Bitfury rig or SP40 unless BTC/USD goes over 1k.)  Therefore; focus on what pool you use.

Personally I only use pools with 12% or less of the total network hashrate.  IMO no home miner should currently be pointing their miners to Antpool.  IMO no miner should use a pool which exceeds 12%.  A diversity of pools; located in distributed regions of the world is best for the network. 

In the past when btcguild became oversized; measures were taken to reduce its size.  Please Choose your pool responsibly.

I totally agree...using Eligius, Kano's and Slush's.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

I read a lot of threads complaining about KnC and Bitfury having a near monopoly; they currently represent a small portion of the network.  It's refreshing to see someone complain about the now over 50% of the network pointed at Chinese pools. 

That being said; Bitmain and Avalon are currently the only game in town for home miners ( I haven't seen that lightbulb yet so I don't expect to see another Bitfury rig or SP40 unless BTC/USD goes over 1k.)  Therefore; focus on what pool you use.

Personally I only use pools with 12% or less of the total network hashrate.  IMO no home miner should currently be pointing their miners to Antpool.  IMO no miner should use a pool which exceeds 12%.  A diversity of pools; located in distributed regions of the world is best for the network. 

In the past when btcguild became oversized; measures were taken to reduce its size.  Please Choose your pool responsibly.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

I know we have some REALLY SMART people on this forum that know circuit boards and processors.  Speaking to the REALLY SMART people: Can you make a bitcoin miner?  Cost?  Time?  How can I help?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary
Personal text my ass....

legendary
I tested my batch 7 and with BM power it took 1410W and hashed 5400 Gh/s.

Maybe batch 8 have also cooked ready I have seen 4700 gh/s at some boots.

If difficulty jumps 8-18% every time until halving it doesn't matter how many years S7 works, You should overclock it as high as You can.

In many cases they don't do well overclocked longer term (slowly going down in hashing).
There are, of course, some exceptions.
What is really weird about antminers, including S7, is the fact that during reboot they sometimes latch on more favorable configuration that some other times. I had the exact same machine performing steadily at 4650 and 4830 on two different reboots at the same mhz and fan settings.
I also had mysterious and steady drops in performance on at least a couple of machines without any high errors or XXs (out of 7), which then disappear upon soft reboot.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I tested my batch 7 and with BM power it took 1410W and hashed 5400 Gh/s.

Maybe batch 8 have also cooked ready I have seen 4700 gh/s at some boots.

If difficulty jumps 8-18% every time until halving it doesn't matter how many years S7 works, You should overclock it as high as You can.

Jump to: