Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 141. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
OK - My Batch 8 S7 Just arrived.  Powered it on with 4x Dual PCI-E and 2 Single PCI-E cable from the EVGA G2 1300W power supply.  Everything seems online and up with no red lines but I can't find it logging into my DHCP Router.  Anyone seen this issue before?  Tried resetting it via the pin hole, tried powering it off and on, still same results.  Also tried different network cable.  IS the reset still done via the that Pin hole?  I'm also seeing a small reset like button on the other side as well.

1. did you connect the 10th PCIe connector to controller in the right orientation?
that one is a bit tricky with notch in the opposite orientation (from others), as far as I remember.

2. did you connect ethernet cable snugly into the socket (all the way) and into the router or hub?

3. easy on resets-in 99% cases this step is unneeded.

4. use advanced IP scanner on PC or iNet on a Mac to find your machine.

5. it sometimes takes S7 2-3 min to situate itself on your LAN
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
guys anybody remembers real shipping weight of S7 BATCH 6 (4.05TH/S)?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
OK - My Batch 8 S7 Just arrived.  Powered it on with 4x Dual PCI-E and 2 Single PCI-E cable from the EVGA G2 1300W power supply.  Everything seems online and up with no red lines but I can't find it logging into my DHCP Router.  Anyone seen this issue before?  Tried resetting it via the pin hole, tried powering it off and on, still same results.  Also tried different network cable.  IS the reset still done via the that Pin hole?  I'm also seeing a small reset like button on the other side as well.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
How do you reset the s7?
Never had to.
Bitmaintech is down so no manual.
I know where the reset button is, just don't know the sequence.

Reset:
Go to the "Miner Configuration" tab and click the button at the bottom "Reset" this should clear everything then click "Save&Apply"

Soft Reboot:
Go to the "Miner Configuration" tab and click the button at the bottom "Save&Apply" without making any changes - This is a soft reset.

Full Reboot:
If you want a harder reboot, go to the "System" tab,  then go to the "Reboot" tab and click "Reboot"  This one takes about 3-4 minutes.

Hard Reboot:
Unplug then plug back in.

I am hoping my language is correct.

legendary
Mine for a Bit

Just Duct-taped down the center of the S7 and here are the results:  (Thanks cryptichermit) IT WORKS:

Sure thing, I see you also learned to move the second fan to port 2 instead of 3.
Doesn't seem to spin up if left at fan port 3 with just 2 hashboards.

Well, the fan never had a readout on the 3rd connector.  I do not know why, so I moved it to the 2nd connector to get the readout.  It may have been a good thing since the fan speeds are more at the same speed than any of my other miners.  This may be a good point........
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
How do you reset the s7?
Never had to.
Bitmaintech is down so no manual.
I know where the reset button is, just don't know the sequence.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Just Duct-taped down the center of the S7 and here are the results:  (Thanks cryptichermit) IT WORKS:

Sure thing, I see you also learned to move the second fan to port 2 instead of 3.
Doesn't seem to spin up if left at fan port 3 with just 2 hashboards.
Where are you pointing all that hash?

Usually between westhash and f2pool - whichever one is higher payout at the moment.
I've written scripts to manage the miners and change pools according to highest payout.
Sometimes I'll swing them at a PPLNS pool if I think it's due to have a good day, but mostly leave it auto to PPS pools.

Activity: 233
Bitmain website is down! Hopefully they are updating something good Cheesy
legendary
Mine for a Bit
It is somewhat ironic that they finished the design on what seems to be the somewhat less stable model (B8) according to first reviews.
It probably should work better at 650.

I have a S7 with a bad Hashboard.  I am sending the bad Hashboard back to Bitmain.  Has anyone run the S7 with only 2 Hashboards?  If so, What did you plug the opening in the place of the missing hashboard to make the air go through the 2 running Hashboards?  

I have 2 units running 2 hashboards as the 3rd unit failed in both.
I made sure to run the 2 hashboards spaced left and right and put a strip of duct tape over the middle port on the s7.
Seemed to do the trick with keeping airflow through the other 2 hashboards.  One board does seem to run 2-3 degrees c higher than if all 3 hashboards were in though..  

Out of all my orders

19 batch 1 - all hashing good (2 units running 4780 ish others around 4850)

20 batch 5 - 2 hashboards failed and have been sent back to Bitmain for replacement. - failure occurred after 2-3 days of use.
                 (all remaining units hashing around 4850)

10 batch 8 - just arrived.  Have only 1 running - 20 minutes now at 4580.  Waiting for more PSU's to arrive for other 9 units.

Great Idea!  I am on it!  Thanks.

Activity: 575
It is somewhat ironic that they finished the design on what seems to be the somewhat less stable model (B8) according to first reviews.

I have a S7 with a bad Hashboard.  I am sending the bad Hashboard back to Bitmain.  Has anyone run the S7 with only 2 Hashboards?  If so, What did you plug the opening in the place of the missing hashboard to make the air go through the 2 running Hashboards? 

I made sure to run the 2 hashboards spaced left and right and put a strip of duct tape over the middle port on the s7.
Seemed to do the trick with keeping airflow through the other 2 hashboards.  One board does seem to run 2-3 degrees c higher than if all 3 hashboards were in though.. 

Out of all my orders

20 batch 5 - 2 hashboards failed and have been sent back to Bitmain for replacement. - failure occurred after 2-3 days of use.

10 batch 8 - just arrived.  Have only 1 running - 20 minutes now at 4580.  Waiting for more PSU's to arrive for other 9 units.

Where are you pointing all that hash?
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Using some expensive heaters
Hi, I ordered last week and paid for shipping via UPS.
Apparently, they want more money from me now before they deliver it.
Can someone tell me what the fee UPS want now is for?

Here is the message I got from their site:

The driver was unable to collect funds on the first delivery attempt. A second attempt will be made.

Custom and taxes fees

Oh, did you have a shipment where they required that as well?..

I've bought dozens and dozens of miners from Bitmain before. This is the first time UPS asked for money.
Previously, I paid Bitmain for shipping and everything was included. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

What were the values of the other miners?  I believe that customs wants their import fees if the value is more than $1500 or so.  UPS is just a carrier and they have to play by CBP rules.

Sorry Chris, just saw your post.

Previously, I'd actually ordered several thousand dollars worth of miners at a time.

This time, I'm only ordering 1 S7... it was about 1330 + $40 for the UPS shipping, or therabouts (it was in BTC)...
So, for whatever reason, something changed, somewhere. I'm also pretty sure I've ordered 1 or 2 miners from them before, and not had to mess with this extra charge from UPS... Just wondering if anyone here -or perhaps anyone from Bitmain might know something definitive.
legendary
Mine for a Bit

I have a S7 with a bad Hashboard.  I am sending the bad Hashboard back to Bitmain.  Has anyone run the S7 with only 2 Hashboards?  If so, What did you plug the opening in the place of the missing hashboard to make the air go through the 2 running Hashboards? 

Seemed to do the trick with keeping airflow through the other 2 hashboards.  One board does seem to run 2-3 degrees c higher than if all 3 hashboards were in though.. 

Out of all my orders

10 batch 8 - just arrived.  Have only 1 running - 20 minutes now at 4580.  Waiting for more PSU's to arrive for other 9 units.

Great Idea!  I am on it!  Thanks.

Out of all my orders

legendary
Mine for a Bit

legendary
legendary
I should clarify, I have extra EVGA G2 Dual PCI-E cable from another G2 PSU that went bad so my available cables are not the same as what's originally ship.  This is what I have now

4 x Single PCI-E
4 x Dual PCI-E ( 2 extra than OEM)

you are fine, then, with 12 connectors available (only 10 needed), just use more of the double headed ones.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Just got my first S7 up and didn't realize it was such a noisy beast. I customized the fan to 40% and that helped a lot but now of course I'm running hotter. Went from about 62 to 72 C. It's a batch 8 pushing 4.8 Th and still well below the 80 C upper limit and getting very low HW errors (0.0002%), but I'm wondering if causing damage.

Has anyone reviewed the specs and done a study of temperature vs. efficiency?

Has anyone ever noticed that running hotter was better?

Has anyone running in the 72 C, or higher range, ever noticed a problem due to overheating?

Is there a "best" temperature range?

Sounds like the later batches are utter sheyt.

My Batch 1's (That Bitmain still owes me and everyone else $$ for compensation on) ran at 35% fan speed, and 48-51C across all boards.
My friend's Batch 6's run overclocked at 4.45TH at 40% Fan speed @ 54-59C. (And he's heating his house with it. Too funny)

It's 32 F outside and the ambient temperature in the basement where I'm mining is 74 F. And, I also bought to help heat the house and it's helping along with some S3s that I've undervoltaged to increase efficiency. Without knowing your ambient temperature can't really make a comparison and whether one is running colder or hotter is not really the issue. I'm pleased so far that it's running so great. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems running in the 72 C or hotter range for a while.

When I had my Batch1's in my basement, the ambient was about 65F, now the ambient is about the same as I have an S5 heating the basement by itself. Outside is in the 40s.
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Found Lost beach - quiet now
Just got my first S7 up and didn't realize it was such a noisy beast. I customized the fan to 40% and that helped a lot but now of course I'm running hotter. Went from about 62 to 72 C. It's a batch 8 pushing 4.8 Th and still well below the 80 C upper limit and getting very low HW errors (0.0002%), but I'm wondering if causing damage.

Has anyone reviewed the specs and done a study of temperature vs. efficiency?

Has anyone ever noticed that running hotter was better?

Has anyone running in the 72 C, or higher range, ever noticed a problem due to overheating?

Is there a "best" temperature range?

Sounds like the later batches are utter sheyt.

My Batch 1's (That Bitmain still owes me and everyone else $$ for compensation on) ran at 35% fan speed, and 48-51C across all boards.
My friend's Batch 6's run overclocked at 4.45TH at 40% Fan speed @ 54-59C. (And he's heating his house with it. Too funny)

It's 32 F outside and the ambient temperature in the basement where I'm mining is 74 F. And, I also bought to help heat the house and it's helping along with some S3s that I've undervoltaged to increase efficiency. Without knowing your ambient temperature can't really make a comparison and whether one is running colder or hotter is not really the issue. I'm pleased so far that it's running so great. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems running in the 72 C or hotter range for a while.
Activity: 672
Sometimes I only get one or two boards to start, if I kick the clock down a notch they all pop up without rebooting. Touchy.
That's about B8 also or earlier 600Mhz batches?
Jump to: