Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 142. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Just got my first S7 up and didn't realize it was such a noisy beast. I customized the fan to 40% and that helped a lot but now of course I'm running hotter. Went from about 62 to 72 C. It's a batch 8 pushing 4.8 Th and still well below the 80 C upper limit and getting very low HW errors (0.0002%), but I'm wondering if causing damage.

Has anyone reviewed the specs and done a study of temperature vs. efficiency?

Has anyone ever noticed that running hotter was better?

Has anyone running in the 72 C, or higher range, ever noticed a problem due to overheating?

Is there a "best" temperature range?

Sounds like the later batches are utter sheyt.

My Batch 1's (That Bitmain still owes me and everyone else $$ for compensation on) ran at 35% fan speed, and 48-51C across all boards.
My friend's Batch 6's run overclocked at 4.45TH at 40% Fan speed @ 54-59C. (And he's heating his house with it. Too funny)
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
what is your ambient?
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Found Lost beach - quiet now
Just got my first S7 up and didn't realize it was such a noisy beast. I customized the fan to 40% and that helped a lot but now of course I'm running hotter. Went from about 62 to 72 C. It's a batch 8 pushing 4.8 Th and still well below the 80 C upper limit and getting very low HW errors (0.0002%), but I'm wondering if causing damage.

Has anyone reviewed the specs and done a study of temperature vs. efficiency?

Has anyone ever noticed that running hotter was better?

Has anyone running in the 72 C, or higher range, ever noticed a problem due to overheating?

Is there a "best" temperature range?
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
I opened a ticked on their site and i asked them to send me invoice that is calculated in USD. I hope they will respond early because the expected arrival is on 21.12.2015

What country are you in I was looking at past posts?   I was suprised you were going to try to get around import tax it sounded like:

As i said i found people that they helped me to confirm that i need them for personal use and i was explaining that this gear will help my software project to calculate faster the matematical calculations, and also i explained that they stack with another, that means that if one can solve the matematical problem in month, five of them will do the same job in mater of days Smiley

Does this mean your country told you pay tax? Or did you decide to not lie to get them?
i was not trying to get around tax, i wanted to pay the tax that they were looking from me, but they did not let me to pay because the price was high for individual person to buy 5 machines you must have company for this mater. After week of explanation i payed the tax and also payed for the documentation and they released my gear. The people helped me just to get in  contact with the right person for releasing the gear.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

Go to your Bitmain account
Under your orders click on option right side for that order.
M
You are right on S5, price was in USD because Bitmain priced them in USD.
My S5 order shows both, but since they priced S7 in BTC, my batch 8 order only shows BTC price in the "options"

Batch 1 S7 was priced in USD so I guess that is the difference between B1 and B8
legendary
Activity: 1456
I opened a ticked on their site and i asked them to send me invoice that is calculated in USD. I hope they will respond early because the expected arrival is on 21.12.2015

What country are you in I was looking at past posts?  I was suprised you were going to try to get around import tax it sounded like:

As i said i found people that they helped me to confirm that i need them for personal use and i was explaining that this gear will help my software project to calculate faster the matematical calculations, and also i explained that they stack with another, that means that if one can solve the matematical problem in month, five of them will do the same job in mater of days Smiley

Does this mean your country told you pay tax? I was surprised you  were going to even attempt that.  If you would have went to them yesterday it would have caught them on Friday vs weekend.   So maybe honesty sometimes pays off.
legendary

I wish you luck....

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Well i'm not sure it matters. At least here, it does not matter what i show them at reception. If the amount is wrong, you need to fill a form and mail it to a sub section that deal specifically with this. And only then if you have enough proof, will they refund the difference.
Activity: 818
Merit: 508
The Midwestern Winter is slowly creeping in, and my S7's B7 temp is (41,40,43).  I wish I bought a couple of these..
Activity: 840
No Invoices. Marked, Bitcoin Miner on the UPS Tracking info or customs though. UGH.
So how do you declare the value of the miners? When they call me and ask for the invoice what should i do?

You can print the digital invoice you get. If they did not email you a copy (i just don't remember), then you can see your invoice on your profile, on the website. Then click Orders, then find the relevant order and click view. Print.

Then maybe use an highlighting marker for the relevant portion (example);

Total
[Second Hand] ANTMINER S5 BATCH 7 × 1
391 USD ( 1.396 BTC )

Shit there is no USD on total, can they correct this?
for the psus i have this

Product   Total
APW3-12-1600-B2 × 2
280 USD ( 0.667 BTC )
Coupon
Shipping
Fedex
0.185  BTC
Order Total:   0.852 BTC

and for the s7
Product   Total
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 8 × 2
6.2 BTC
Coupon
Shipping
Fedex
0.269  BTC
Order Total:   6.469 BTC

Mine shows me paying in BTC but also shows it in U.S. Dollar amount  for the miner $1823 😟
But only shows shipping in The shipping cost in BTC

Order Details
Product   Total
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 1
1823 USD ( 7.538 BTC )
Coupon
AntMiner S7 Coupon 100 USD x 1
-100 USD ( -0.413 BTC )
Shipping
UPS
0.194  BTC
Order Total:   7.319 BTC

You are right on S5, price was in USD because Bitmain priced them in USD.
My S5 order shows both, but since they priced S7 in BTC, my batch 8 order only shows BTC price in the "options"
legendary
No Invoices. Marked, Bitcoin Miner on the UPS Tracking info or customs though. UGH.
So how do you declare the value of the miners? When they call me and ask for the invoice what should i do?

You can print the digital invoice you get. If they did not email you a copy (i just don't remember), then you can see your invoice on your profile, on the website. Then click Orders, then find the relevant order and click view. Print.

Total
391 USD ( 1.396 BTC )

for the psus i have this

Product   Total
APW3-12-1600-B2 × 2
280 USD ( 0.667 BTC )
Coupon
Shipping
Fedex
0.185  BTC

and for the s7
Product   Total
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 8 × 2
6.2 BTC
Coupon
Shipping
Fedex
0.269  BTC

Mine shows me paying in BTC but also shows it in U.S. Dollar amount  for the miner $1823 😟
But only shows shipping in The shipping cost in BTC

Order Details
Product   Total
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 1
1823 USD ( 7.538 BTC )
Coupon
AntMiner S7 Coupon 100 USD x 1
-100 USD ( -0.413 BTC )
Shipping
UPS
0.194  BTC
Order Total:   7.319 BTC

Edit: I guess maybe Bitmain changed this from Batch 1 to Batch 8? But good luck getting them to help, still have not seen the compasation we were promised for Batch 1
legendary

Total
391 USD ( 1.396 BTC )

for the psus i have this

Product   Total
APW3-12-1600-B2 × 2
280 USD ( 0.667 BTC )
Coupon
Shipping
Fedex
0.185  BTC

and for the s7
Product   Total
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 8 × 2
6.2 BTC
Coupon
Shipping
Fedex
0.269  BTC

I dont have a USD value on my grand total, either. Maybe the 280 USD ( 0.667 BTC ) can be used as the exchange rate and do the math for the grand total..?

Total
391 USD ( 1.396 BTC )

for the psus i have this

Product   Total
APW3-12-1600-B2 × 2
280 USD ( 0.667 BTC )
Coupon
Shipping
Fedex
0.185  BTC

and for the s7
Product   Total
ANTMINER S7 BATCH 8 × 2
6.2 BTC
Coupon
Shipping
Fedex
0.269  BTC
legendary

Total
391 USD ( 1.396 BTC )
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
legendary
Hey guys, i ordered 2 s7 and they should arrive any day now. First time i order from bitmain site and i paid with btc. The question is, what kind of invoice are they sending tgether with the gear, price is calculated in dollars or btc? If is in btc im screwed
Bump

No invoice was sent with my miners
Hey guys, i ordered 2 s7 and they should arrive any day now. First time i order from bitmain site and i paid with btc. The question is, what kind of invoice are they sending tgether with the gear, price is calculated in dollars or btc? If is in btc im screwed
Bump
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
much more impressive now with the price drop i think Wink
Jump to: