Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 145. (Read 527803 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
miner will beep if it detects only 1 fan (sense wire *RPM*) be it fan #1 or fan #2

anyone else noticed this ?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Then what is the best way to connect it as I do have sufficient PCI-E connectors.  I only have 4 single PCI-E not 5.  I have plenty of Dual PCI-E Cable to make it work.

somebody has to attest if mixing in cables from other psu (not EVGA) is ok or not.
It is OK from the same type of PSU, of course.
OP is wrong about 5 singles. EVGA 1300 comes with four singles and two doubles for a total of 8 connectors.
therefore, if you add two 16 awg PCIE split extenders to two singles, you get the required 10.
if you don't have extenders-they are available in microcenter or amazon (for $3.95 ea, shipped)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Then what is the best way to connect it as I do have sufficient PCI-E connectors.  I only have 4 single PCI-E not 5.  I have plenty of Dual PCI-E Cable to make it work.
legendary
Mine Mine Mine
S7 Pros.  I have the following question

My 240V outlets won't be ready until next week but I have the S7 today with the 120V EVGA G2 1300W PSU with plenty of extra dual Ported PCI-E cables from other purchases. The EVGA G2 only have 6 VGA connections for PCI-E but with the Dual ports it will be more than sufficient to meet the 10 PCI-E requirement.  That being said, will it work with my EVGA G2 PSU running at 120V and what is the best way to connect it to unit? 
The 1300G2 will work fine with an S7, but you have to manage the current flow in the PCIe connectors. The 1300G2 has 6 PCIe connectors. Use 5x single PCIe cables, and 1x double PCIe cable. Connect 2 cables to each blade of the S7 (the S7 does not need all 3 blade connectors to be populated; it runs fine with just 2 connectors per blade). One output of the double connector goes into an S7 blade; the other output goes into the S7 controller. This works because the controller requires very little power. So you end up with 6 cables from the 1300G2 going into 7 S7 connectors.

Each of the 3 S7 blades uses about 400 watts (~1200W total for an S7). Splitting that between 2 PCIe cables means 200W per cable. This is well within spec for the 16-gauge wires that the 1300G2 comes with. Note that each S7 blade has 3 PCIe connectors, but only 2 are required.

this WILL void warranty as per BMT. if possible i would connect all 3 pcie to each hashboard.
legendary
S7 Pros.  I have the following question

My 240V outlets won't be ready until next week but I have the S7 today with the 120V EVGA G2 1300W PSU with plenty of extra dual Ported PCI-E cables from other purchases. The EVGA G2 only have 6 VGA connections for PCI-E but with the Dual ports it will be more than sufficient to meet the 10 PCI-E requirement.  That being said, will it work with my EVGA G2 PSU running at 120V and what is the best way to connect it to unit?  

not a pro, but this is what had worked for almost 3 mo already.

DO ALL connections with PSU OFF:

1. attach two PCIE splitters to two "single" red cables (one per ea).
2. Connect "doubles" from the same cord (with split heads) to position 1, 2 on the left board (left when looking from input toward exaust).
3. Connect "doubles" from the second cord with split heads to pos 1,2 on the middle board.
3. Connect a single cord to position #1 on the right board
4. Connect a single cord to position #2 on the right board
5. Connect split heads from PCIE split extender to position #3 on left and middle board.
6. Connect one of the split heads from the second red cable with installed extenders to position #3 on the right board AND to controller.
7. connect ethernet cable
8. Switch power ON on PSU.

That said, i am not sure that cables from other PSU would work properly on EVGA-I never tested this.
Of course, you can replace an EVGA single with EVGA double from another PSU (EVGA 1300)

Some people swear that EVGA 1300 can support up to 1440W at the wall.
I only run it as high as 1345W (at the wall) and it worked at least for a few hours.
Typically, I tried to stay below 1300W, which may be too cautious.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

My 240V outlets won't be ready until next week but I have the S7 today with the 120V EVGA G2 1300W PSU with plenty of extra dual Ported PCI-E cables from other purchases. The EVGA G2 only have 6 VGA connections for PCI-E but with the Dual ports it will be more than sufficient to meet the 10 PCI-E requirement.  That being said, will it work with my EVGA G2 PSU running at 120V and what is the best way to connect it to unit?  
The 1300G2 will work fine with an S7, but you have to manage the current flow in the PCIe connectors. The 1300G2 has 6 PCIe connectors. Use 5x single PCIe cables, and 1x double PCIe cable. Connect 2 cables to each blade of the S7 (the S7 does not need all 3 blade connectors to be populated; it runs fine with just 2 connectors per blade). One output of the double connector goes into an S7 blade; the other output goes into the S7 controller. This works because the controller requires very little power. So you end up with 6 cables from the 1300G2 going into 7 S7 connectors.

Each of the 3 S7 blades uses about 400 watts (~1200W total for an S7). Splitting that between 2 PCIe cables means 200W per cable. This is well within spec for the 16-gauge wires that the 1300G2 comes with. Note that each S7 blade has 3 PCIe connectors, but only 2 are required.
Activity: 196

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Hi, I ordered last week and paid for shipping via UPS.
Apparently, they want more money from me now before they deliver it.
Can someone tell me what the fee UPS want now is for?

Here is the message I got from their site:

The driver was unable to collect funds on the first delivery attempt. A second attempt will be made.

Custom and taxes fees

Oh, did you have a shipment where they required that as well?..

I've bought dozens and dozens of miners from Bitmain before. This is the first time UPS asked for money.
Previously, I paid Bitmain for shipping and everything was included. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

What were the values of the other miners?  I believe that customs wants their import fees if the value is more than $1500 or so.  UPS is just a carrier and they have to play by CBP rules.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Speaking of duties and fees, taxes and such.  I paid 330$ cad to DHL...Im filling a CBSA informal adjustment request form to the customs agency and I hope i'll get 2/3 of that refunded.  You can also dispute the Merchandise value that bitmain put on.  I will do that too, as they put 100$ usd or so more than I paid.  I'll let you guys know what happens, (probably in a few weeks...months) if you are interested, this is for people in Canada (im in quebec so i paid quebec tax too).
Activity: 143
Using some expensive heaters

The driver was unable to collect funds on the first delivery attempt. A second attempt will be made.

Custom and taxes fees

Oh, did you have a shipment where they required that as well?..

I've bought dozens and dozens of miners from Bitmain before. This is the first time UPS asked for money.
Previously, I paid Bitmain for shipping and everything was included. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

Custom and taxes fees
Activity: 143
Using some expensive heaters

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hey prelude, sorry about your batch 8, that sucks.  Mine is really picky, example i change the fan speed and it all goes to hell.  imagine when bitmain will sell the "used" miners in a while....people will buy them and 1 month later b00m its dead
Glad I went all in on the 4.86 gear. They are touchy enough.

other batches as well...I have almost one of each, except #8.
Therefore I call my S7 miners: Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey
Not very original, I know...

Hmm A Touchy #8 would have to be Snow White  Smiley

Rich
legendary
Hey prelude, sorry about your batch 8, that sucks.  Mine is really picky, example i change the fan speed and it all goes to hell.  imagine when bitmain will sell the "used" miners in a while....people will buy them and 1 month later b00m its dead

other batches as well...I have almost one of each, except #8.
Therefore I call my S7 miners: Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, Dopey
Not very original, I know...
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Hey prelude, sorry about your batch 8, that sucks.  Mine is really picky, example i change the fan speed and it all goes to hell.  imagine when bitmain will sell the "used" miners in a while....people will buy them and 1 month later b00m its dead
legendary
Mine Mine Mine
either side left/right will be hotter due to the direction of the fan spinning.
Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
anyone need S7 hashboard connector pin info description, i can provide it.
also you can use hashboards only 4 data cable Smiley (tx-rx-3.3V-Gnd)

Interesting, please share the pin out. Are you sure that it's only 4 connections? If the same as an S5 I would have thought there would also be a Reset plus Data & Clock for the LM75A Temp Sensor?

Rich

if you use 3 boards with 1 controller i think 1 lm75 connection is fine.
i prefer to use center board lm75 i2c connections.
for others you can use only 4 cable.
but this is meanless if you use 3 board and 1 controller. this pin info for more than 6 hashboards like s5+, also for short wires.

Not sure why you are messing with the connectors? But I disagree, as far as I know the firmware looks at all 3 LM75 and takes the highest temperature to set the fan speed, so you are chancing that the centre board has the highest temperature, which it may have but why chance it?

Rich

Smiley i know Rich, i can share this for nothing. this is for only knowledge if you want Wink
i inspect that for misterious pins like command-reset-test pins.

Edited: Also i share Fan connector info and modify, and you can use any PWM controlled fan with that. but be patient please.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Interesting, please share the pin out. Are you sure that it's only 4 connections? If the same as an S5 I would have thought there would also be a Reset plus Data & Clock for the LM75A Temp Sensor?

Rich

if you use 3 boards with 1 controller i think 1 lm75 connection is fine.
i prefer to use center board lm75 i2c connections.
but this is meanless if you use 3 board and 1 controller. this pin info for more than 6 hashboards like s5+, also for short wires.

Not sure why you are messing with the connectors? But I disagree, as far as I know the firmware looks at all 3 LM75 and takes the highest temperature to set the fan speed, so you are chancing that the centre board has the highest temperature, which it may have but why chance it?

Rich
Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer

Rich

if you use 3 boards with 1 controller i think 1 lm75 connection is fine. i prefer to use center board lm75 i2c connections.
Jump to: