Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 208. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
You have a broken miner.

Is it just me, or does it seems like the S7's are one of the most problematic Bitmain products ever ?

Sad

It only seems to you.

3 broken blades from 99 is not to much.

This situation arose for me from one PSU and two times.

I have using this setup.
1 x Corsair RM 850 with controller and 1 board
Corsair RM1000 with another 2 boards.

Corsair RM850 turned itself out and another 2 boards are  powered for some hours.

If I restarted miner from PSU switches, came from miner hot air and the smell of burnt.

I put in there the other miner, with the same PSU-s, and after day was the same with 1 board with another miner.

Always the blade(s), which was powered with RM1000 and after that, when RM850 Switch off for some mysterious reason.

This RM850 works for me today with 3x Antminer S5 blades water cooled , so
perhaps it is not the fault of the PSU He bears the load about 850-885 W

However, the conclusion is, use only 1 PSU per miner.

I am running my S7 with the RM 1000 and RM 850. The only problem I have is I notice the 850 felt warm and did not see the fan running as both fans only turn on when needed so they are hard to know if the fans are working or not. I went ahead and placed a fan to blow air thru it and it's much cooler now. But they have been running the miner fine for going on a couple weeks+ now.
I run all of mine with three rm1000 for two s7.
You probably have the 850 on one hash board and the 1000 on the other two.
The 850 will only be pulling 400watts so the fan won't spin.
The 1000 fan will spin because it is pulling 800 watts.
For me all three rm1000 fans spin because they are all pulling 800 watts.
I did have a problem where one of the rm1000 did not switch on even with the jumper.
Caused the miner to think that two blades were partially on but only hashed at 1.5th.
Sometimes the controller lies. I would think that with no power to two boards that only one set of chips would show up. Not the case. I put a spare rm1000 in place of it and it worked fine after that.
I had to rma the rm1000. They sent me a brand new one. They have 5 year warranty. Ax860 ax series has a seven year warranty.
I did get four bitmain 1600 watt psu's so they would fit in a smaller rack.
They have been running fine since I got them.

If you read some history the RM series PSU's were faulty. Or at least a huge batch of them. This is why Corsair replaced all my RM1000's with HX1000's for free. If I can remember you needed to look/view the PSU serial number to make sure it wasn't a "defective" model. At least a place to start. This is why in the end I'm using Seasonic PSU's. Still using the HXi's, which are made by Seasonic. Good luck.
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
I kind of lost track.  What was batch 4 rated at?  And if it was a 4.6 miner what was the 4.8 batch that was selling along side?  Was it batch 5 or batch 3?

Batch 1 - 4.86, some slower
Batch 2 - 4.66
Batch 3 - 4.86 alongside batch 2
Batch 4 - 4.66
Batch 5 - 4.86 alongside batch 4
Batch 6 - 4.05 preorder for December

Woohoo my B4 shipped also!

I bought Batch2/4 just to save a little on BTC and power draw and it seems like the "slower" 4.66 batches always shipped out promptly.  My B2 shipped fast, was all Rev 1.4 boards, and performs amazingly well.

"ANTMINER BATCH 4 is with 4.66th/s hash rate and shipping may start from Nov. 23~Dec. 3"

Bitmain BEAT the estimated ship date by full week from the earliest estimate!  Go Bitmain!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I really liked bitmit.  https://bitify.com  is similar; but I have yet to see bitmit's equal.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511

The answer to eBay and PayPal will be here soon:  https://blog.openbazaar.org

This looks interesting too: http://www.bithappy.co.uk/

Funny, I just heard about BitHappy from someone else today...

Nice to see OpenBazaar has been making progress, as they've been working on it for quite a while, correct?

The biggest problem with any of these 'ebay killers', and why there still aren't any, is that no one will list unless people come, and no one comes because there's nothing there.  Classic chicken/egg problem... The big advantage that either of these two have is being BTC focused, which hopefully drives the business ahead in an otherwise difficult space.
Activity: 127
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Never have your bank account tied to PayPal only a credit card. I have found that Discover Card is hands down the best. If your in the right on a problem with a seller bypass PayPal and file your complaint with Discover. They will give you the credit instantly and fight PayPal for you. I was a power seller on EBay and have used PayPal since its start. Trust me you have to protect yourself and never give them access to your bank account.

I might learn something here.

Does this mean one can credit their Discover Card from their PayPal account?  Meaning can we send money from our PayPal account [After we sold something] to our Discover Card account?

No. I just use the card to pay with. Since I removed my bank account from PayPal i have to request a check to remove funds for items sold. Takes just a few days longer. I will not give PayPal free reins to my bank account again.

I believe I will have to do as you advise with the bank account.  Could you give me an example of you may have went through to no longer give them free reign of your bank account?

Thanks for your input.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Totally agree - the whole eBay process is a nightmare, and it's worse if you're the seller because there are so many scammer buyers out there that know all the tricks.  But in general my experience has been that it's almost always favors the buyer.  Literally any time I've had an issue on there, it's always worked out for me in the end - but it typically was time consuming.  But to be honest, if something this cheap went sideways, I'd probably just write it off.

The answer to eBay and PayPal will be here soon:  https://blog.openbazaar.org
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Never have your bank account tied to PayPal only a credit card. I have found that Discover Card is hands down the best. If your in the right on a problem with a seller bypass PayPal and file your complaint with Discover. They will give you the credit instantly and fight PayPal for you. I was a power seller on EBay and have used PayPal since its start. Trust me you have to protect yourself and never give them access to your bank account.

I might learn something here.

Does this mean one can credit their Discover Card from their PayPal account?  Meaning can we send money from our PayPal account [After we sold something] to our Discover Card account?

No. I just use the card to pay with. Since I removed my bank account from PayPal i have to request a check to remove funds for items sold. Takes just a few days longer. I will not give PayPal free reins to my bank account again.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
I kind of lost track.  What was batch 4 rated at?  And if it was a 4.6 miner what was the 4.8 batch that was selling along side?  Was it batch 5 or batch 3?

Batch 2 - 4.66
Batch 4 - 4.66

Gracias Señor Moon.

So maybe we see some Batch 5's shipping soon too.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511
I would say I have to agree with you there.  It's chump change and PayPal has you covered.  I just don't like waiting on things to get worked out.  Especially, if there are issues.

Good luck.  Let us know how it went.

I bought some a month or so ago from him - they were fine, like I said, better than I could have made, but I built all my 3D printers, and they each had their own set of issues.

you have to be VERY careful with paypal and its complaint window..

i had an ebay order once take a very long time to ship and the seller kept saying it will be soon.. and when i finally complained i missed the deadline and i lost my money..

Totally agree - the whole eBay process is a nightmare, and it's worse if you're the seller because there are so many scammer buyers out there that know all the tricks.  But in general my experience has been that it's almost always favors the buyer.  Literally any time I've had an issue on there, it's always worked out for me in the end - but it typically was time consuming.  But to be honest, if something this cheap went sideways, I'd probably just write it off.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Batch 2 - 4.66
Batch 4 - 4.66
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
looks like it's ahead of the given date ?

let's hope BMT improves on shipping & release another batch soon.

spike is also from bitfury. they decided to power up more miners eh ?

nothing on batch 5 yet. let's see how it goes.

my take on this is that out of 162 chip S7 (B1-5) most qualify as 4.66 and only few as 4.86, hence earlier shipment of B4 vs B5, although it was in reverse for B2 vs B3.
B5 was indicated "limited' from the get go.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
looks like it's ahead of the given date ?

let's hope BMT improves on shipping & release another batch soon.

spike is also from bitfury. they decided to power up more miners eh ?

nothing on batch 5 yet. let's see how it goes.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Batch 6   4 orders started shipping!

Order date:  2015-11-05 06:53:43

Nothing yet for B4 or 5 B5 or 6.

Same here.... S7 Batch 4 Shipping notification this morning.
Shipped: 11/16
Expected delivery: 11/18
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Batch 6 orders started shipping!

Nothing yet for B4 or 5.

I've just got an indication of batch 4 shipment (11/5 order), nothing re B5 and B6 so far.
My guess, they are being produced simultaneously, hence the monster diff rise.

You're probably right about the diff rise.  They are testing the rigs before boxing them up and shipping them out.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Nothing yet for B4 or 5.

I've just got an indication of batch 4 shipment (11/5 order), nothing re B5 and B6 so far.
My guess, they are being produced simultaneously, hence the monster diff rise.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504

Nothing yet for B4 or 5.

AntMiner S7 BATCH 6 with 4.05th/s is available to order. Shipping may start between Dec. 7 ~ Dec. 17 (if shipped out 5 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay ).

where did u see it started shipping ? batch 5 earliest date is nov 23rd me thinks.

Got an email from Bitmain and text from UPS, scheduled to be delivered in 2 days.

Correction, sorry it was B4.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
AntMiner S7 BATCH 6 with 4.05th/s is available to order. Shipping may start between Dec. 7 ~ Dec. 17 (if shipped out 5 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay ).

You had me going there for a moment...  It "was" available to order.  It is sold out for US and UK.  It is still available for China buyers.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine

Order date:  2015-11-05 06:53:43

Nothing yet for B4 or 5.

where did u see it started shipping ? batch 5 earliest date is nov 23rd me thinks.
Jump to: