Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 221. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Is there any way (in the software) to determine the voltage being supplied to the hashing boards?  

It's a nice idea but unfortunately not. It would need some additional hardware and then software support for that.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Is there any way (in the software) to determine the voltage being supplied to the hashing boards?  

good question don't know.  I use a dmm   and test all 9 pcie jacks.

I would think if it was in software you would get 1 reading for each blade.

that is okay if your hash rate is good and all 9 jacks are giving 11.9 or more volts.

I have found that testing each pci jack while every jack is under load is the only way to be sure you don't have a psu issue.
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Anyone experience a issue where changing the pool information is not saving?

Have you logged into that device with SSH at any point?  IIRC making changes to the config manually (via the shell) could make the web interface not save changes.  Let us know if that's something you've done.

Also, I've found with previous units that simply pressing "return" (enter) on your keyboard does not "save" the pool settings.  With previous units, I actually had to click "save & apply" in the bottom right hand corner of the miner configuration.  This may have changed with the S7.  I'm not certain of that.

Didn't SSH in, and definitely hit the save and apply (in an increasingly frustrating fashion)  - it refreshes, but defaults right back the original antpool setting.

Thanks for the tips though (usually is something simple that I forget).

Sent an email to Bitmain, will see if they have any insight.

Are you using the October 23 firmware?
Acting like the conf file is read only .

Downloaded an upgraded (600.tar) - same results.

Several reboots.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

Have you logged into that device with SSH at any point?  IIRC making changes to the config manually (via the shell) could make the web interface not save changes.  Let us know if that's something you've done.

Also, I've found with previous units that simply pressing "return" (enter) on your keyboard does not "save" the pool settings.  With previous units, I actually had to click "save & apply" in the bottom right hand corner of the miner configuration.  This may have changed with the S7.  I'm not certain of that.

Didn't SSH in, and definitely hit the save and apply (in an increasingly frustrating fashion)  - it refreshes, but defaults right back the original antpool setting.

Are you using the October 23 firmware?
Acting like the conf file is read only .

Have you logged into that device with SSH at any point?  IIRC making changes to the config manually (via the shell) could make the web interface not save changes.  Let us know if that's something you've done.

Also, I've found with previous units that simply pressing "return" (enter) on your keyboard does not "save" the pool settings.  With previous units, I actually had to click "save & apply" in the bottom right hand corner of the miner configuration.  This may have changed with the S7.  I'm not certain of that.

Didn't SSH in, and definitely hit the save and apply (in an increasingly frustrating fashion)  - it refreshes, but defaults right back the original antpool setting.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Use 50% or 40%  3,240 rpm
Everyone's RPMs seem to vary quite a bit. My 40% is significantly slower than that.

Some miners to compare your "Bitmain standard miner".

2,520  2,640  30%

3,120  3,120  40%
3,240  3,120
3,120  3,120
3,120  3,120
3,120  3,120
3,240  3,120
3,120  3,120
3,120  3,240
3,240  3,120
3,120  3,120 
3,120  3,120
3,120  3,120
3,240  3,120
3,240  3,120
3,240  3,120

Dual S7 miners
3,240  3,120  3,120  3,120
3,240  3,120  3,120  3,120
3,120  3,000  3,120  3,120
3,120  3,120  3,120  3,120
3,120  3,120  3,120  3,120
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Hi, can be normal the S7's fans are running at 2.400 rpm and the internal temperature is at 70ºC? I don't know why they are not running faster. I tryed to put them in auto, 80%, 90% and 100%, but no changes... Someone have same issue?
Can you post a screenshot of the status page and configuration page please?

Hi, can be normal the S7's fans are running at 2.400 rpm and the internal temperature is at 70ºC? I don't know why they are not running faster. I tryed to put them in auto, 80%, 90% and 100%, but no changes... Someone have same issue?

Use 50% or 40%  3,240 rpm
Everyone's RPMs seem to vary quite a bit. My 40% is significantly slower than that.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Use 50%

or 40%  3,240 rpm
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Re second batch 2 (575 miner): definitely best at 575.

A little Mac related quirk:

if you use default Safari to download the 575.tar.gz, it automatically ungzips it and you have a 575.tar in downloads and 575.tar.gz in trash.
If you try to ugrade with just .tar file, upgrade fails (it says that you got a short file).
If you download with Chrome, everything is fine (you get 575.tar.gz file in downloads) and upgrade proceeds uneventfully.

As a result of upgrade I got much less errors, lower fan speed and slightly lower to same temp of the boards at 575.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

Have you logged into that device with SSH at any point?  IIRC making changes to the config manually (via the shell) could make the web interface not save changes.  Let us know if that's something you've done.

Also, I've found with previous units that simply pressing "return" (enter) on your keyboard does not "save" the pool settings.  With previous units, I actually had to click "save & apply" in the bottom right hand corner of the miner configuration.  This may have changed with the S7.  I'm not certain of that.
For me when you click save and apply it updates the text in the conf file and restarts cgminer.
If I just want to restart cgminer I click save and apply without changing any text.
Sometimes when there is a problem that is all it needs, not a soft reboot.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
So if I have a s7 running off a bedroom power outlet am I capping the circuit? I don't think the bedroom has its own circuit on the breaker box

Usually a bedroom has it's own circuit. As long as you are not drawing more than 1500watts total in the room, you should be fine.

Yeah all my lights are LED, only other thing is power ine Ethernet adapter
PoE can use only ~ 40W max IIRC, so you should still be well below the max of a 15A 120V circuit ( 1800W ).

Yes, you should be fine.  The only thing I would keep in mind for the future is if BITMAIN ever comes out with a rig or combination of rigs close to 1800 watts in the future.  Most people have 20 amp circuit breakers in their home on 12 AWG wiring.  However, electricians often install receptacles (outlets) rated at 15 amps instead of 20 amps in the walls of our home.  So, if you ever get a rig or a combination of rigs in the future close to 1800 watts, you may want to consider changing out the outlet from 15 amps to 20 amps on a 20 amps circuit to avoid over heating the outlet itself.

We often believe it's okay to take a 20 amp circuit breaker on 12 AWG wiring to 75% (1800 watts) while not realizing we are maxing out the outlet itself that is normally rated at 15 amps (1800 watts).  If we have a circuit with 12 AWG wire on a 20 amp breaker, we should not assume the outlets are also rated at 20 amps as well.  Such a mistake has the potential to create an electrical fire in the wall at the outlet itself instead of the wiring.  You will first notice this by seeing discoloration of the outlet.  For example: going from white to a beige color.  You will also notice the cord and the outlet are extremely hot to the touch.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I have been in telephony for twenty years, but more on the WDM than TDM. The last ten years I have been mainly doing SIP/RTP for large corporations. Always fun to bump into a telephony person, although I am an enterprise network/security/voip architecture manager now and not doing much contract work.

Ufo

I never got into fiber a whole lot.  I know just enough to get me in trouble.  LOL  My father knew a hell of a lot more about fiber than I did.  He's a retired Transmission Engineer from Bell South [Now AT&T].  I used to work for bell south but left there in 1994 to get into art (doing portraits of people in oil).  I got back into telephony in 1997 as a contractor to train telephone technicians.  

It sounds like most of your work has been at both ends instead of the middle.  Most of my knowledge is about the middle (providing maintenance for what connects both ends together for networking, voice, etc...).  Yes, I know a bit about the Central Office (CO) equipment.  I know a bit about carrier equipment [integrated (single ended) and universal (double ended)].  I know a little bit about switchs [5E, DMS, Stromberg, etc...].  

Most of my time has been involved with transmission trouble shooting on copper.  I teach basic electricity and how it applies to the local telephone loop; outside plant engineering design for POTS, ADSL, bonded ADSL, T1 lines with repeaters, HDSL with doublers, etc.  I teach noise mitigation, power influence (longitudinal current); how it radiates into the facility and can convert into noise (metallic current).  Longitudinal Balance testing.

I also teach Fault locating on copper wire with multi meters like the Dynatel 965-AMS and JDSU HST-3000.  I let them know what buttons to press to do what they need to do to identify the trouble and also what to do with the meter to locate the trouble [What should they expect to see electrically when they press a button; WHY should they expect to see that electrically and what is the meter doing on the inside to give them the electrical measurement.  Meaning, HOW does their meter measure voltage, current, resistance, capacitance for opens test, impedance, decibels, frequencies (that flow longitudinally and metallically), how a TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) locates troubles when measuring time and impedance].  

I teach locating faults on the cable shield as well and not just individual conductors.  How the meter uses a modified version of the wheat stone bridge that's called an Anderson Bridge to locate high resistive shorts, grounds and crosses.  There are many things I teach in different classes ranging from 4-Days to 10-Days.

I owe my father a lot of the credit for the knowledge I have.  I wish I had listened to him a lot sooner in life than what I did.  I did learn quite a bit in the Marine Corp about meters but not specific to telephony meters.  I didn't gain that knowledge until I began working for Bell South.

Good to see another telephony guy on here as well.

Take care, Sir and may the blocks be with you.

David
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Hey man ...

AT my rate im going to have to have another breaker and line put in or get a new PDU for a 40 amp or 50 amp line and go that way,I'm good for maybe 3 more 30 amp breakers or two 50 amps or two 40 and one 50 amp but id be pushing it with two 40s and one 50s . then i would have to up my service for sure .

i hope you do get those what was it 110 th on line in your home?. i don't see why you can't .

cya

Go for it with the additional PDU.  Do what you gotta do, within reason.

I hope to get it going soon as well.  First thing to get done will be adding more amps to my existing service.  All in time...
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
So if I have a s7 running off a bedroom power outlet am I capping the circuit? I don't think the bedroom has its own circuit on the breaker box

Usually a bedroom has it's own circuit. As long as you are not drawing more than 1500watts total in the room, you should be fine.

Yeah all my lights are LED, only other thing is power ine Ethernet adapter
PoE can use only ~ 40W max IIRC, so you should still be well below the max of a 15A 120V circuit ( 1800W ).
Jump to: