Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 217. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
do we know for sure there will be an batch 7 ?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
my poor poor f5 button
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
coins moved up to 335 on coinbase today.

Batch 7 should show soon.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
i got one shipped for 4.15......my BTC from coinbase didn't come in quick enough to get another one tho Sad
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I wonder how long we will have to wait before we see a picture or for someone not worried about Warranty to take one apart?

Probably at least 90 days after warranty.  I'll open mine up after 90 days for sure to have a look.

In prospect I prefer the spec of the 135 Chip system as I think it will be less on edge and will provide more scope for Under & Over Clocking and Volting.

Agreed.  I can see these remaining in the game a long time.  IMHO.

In the meantime we will continue to speculate, which is of course a major facet of this game.  Smiley

Rich

Agreed   Grin
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

That's my main question as well.  More chips equals less voltage dropped across each while achieving more hashing power from more chips.  Less chips equals more voltage drop across each chip but with less hashing power because of fewer chips.  One can't help but wonder if this rig is going to be 0.8V Core Voltage with 12 Volts Source Voltage.

It will be interesting to see the performance level from those who receive them who will share in the forum.  I almost bought a couple of them but held off.  Mainly because I want to see the actual performance before taking the plunge.  I believe I'm still diving in regardless.  I just want to see what I'm actually getting before I purchase.

I wonder how long we will have to wait before we see a picture or for someone not worried about Warranty to take one apart? In prospect I prefer the spec of the 135 Chip system as I think it will be less on edge and will provide more scope for Under & Over Clocking and Volting. In the meantime we will continue to speculate, which is of course a major facet of this game.  Smiley

Rich
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Jury is still out on exactly what they have done, however I think it is highly unlikely that they would use multiple board types. These were my thoughts on the 135 chip Batch 6.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12902245
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12911092

However for me the big outstanding issue is if this is a 15 Node chain with a resultant 0.8V Core Voltage, what has really happened to the Power Consumption & J/GH?

Rich

That's my main question as well.  More chips equals less voltage dropped across each while achieving more hashing power from more chips.  Less chips equals more voltage drop across each chip but with less hashing power because of fewer chips.  One can't help but wonder if this rig is going to be 0.8V Core Voltage with 12 Volts Source Voltage.

It will be interesting to see the performance level from those who receive them who will share in the forum.  I almost bought a couple of them but held off.  Mainly because I want to see the actual performance before taking the plunge.  I believe I'm still diving in regardless.  I just want to see what I'm actually getting before I purchase.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I missed getting an S7 B6 unit. I was gathering up some coins. Hopefully there will be a B7 before Chinese new year.

Here's a different spin on the S7 B6 unit:

1) 4050 GH/s, 135 chips

This works out to 4050/135 = 30 GH/s per chip.

Now to compare it to the S7 b1 batch, take 162 x 30 GH/s = 4860 GH/s.

So the fact that the B1 and B6 batch chips hash rate jibe means that you are most likely not getting any fallout or out of spec chips.

2) 135/162 = 0.83

So if the B6 and the earlier batches have the same footprint, is there a technical reason to cut down the power by 17%?:

a) If the majority of the 27 chips were removed from the middle board, this might point to a heat dissipation issue. The problem with this is the stocking of multiple boards.

b) If they were equally removed from each board, this might point to a some sort of board power bus issue.

c) Furthermore because the boards get warmer the farther away the air intake is, hopefully the missing chips are from the warmer end. Finally because each chip has it's own finned heat sink, less heat sinks mean better air flow.

d) Numerology: The fact that 27 is divisible by 3 most likely points to the fact that the B6 boards are missing 9 chips each.

e) Supply chain issue: Do you stock two different boards or just use the same board with 9 chips deactivated? The fact that BM didn't undervolt, underclock to get to 4050 with 162 chips may also say something.

Jury is still out on exactly what they have done, however I think it is highly unlikely that they would use multiple board types. These were my thoughts on the 135 chip Batch 6.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12902245
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12911092

However for me the big outstanding issue is if this is a 15 Node chain with a resultant 0.8V Core Voltage, what has really happened to the Power Consumption & J/GH?

Rich
legendary
had some small issue with my order, opened up a ticket to BMT ... how long do they take to reply normally ? anyone have any experience with support response ?

I will let you know once they respond to my ticket from over a month ago.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
had some small issue with my order, opened up a ticket to BMT ... how long do they take to reply normally ? anyone have any experience with support response ?
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
I missed getting an S7 B6 unit. I was gathering up some coins. Hopefully there will be a B7 before Chinese new year.

Here's a different spin on the S7 B6 unit:

1) 4050 GH/s, 135 chips

This works out to 4050/135 = 30 GH/s per chip.

Now to compare it to the S7 b1 batch, take 162 x 30 GH/s = 4860 GH/s.

So the fact that the B1 and B6 batch chips hash rate jibe means that you are most likely not getting any fallout or out of spec chips.

2) 135/162 = 0.83

So if the B6 and the earlier batches have the same footprint, is there a technical reason to cut down the power by 17%?:

a) If the majority of the 27 chips were removed from the middle board, this might point to a heat dissipation issue. The problem with this is the stocking of multiple boards.

b) If they were equally removed from each board, this might point to a some sort of board power bus issue.

c) Furthermore because the boards get warmer the farther away the air intake is, hopefully the missing chips are from the warmer end. Finally because each chip has it's own finned heat sink, less heat sinks mean better air flow.

d) Numerology: The fact that 27 is divisible by 3 most likely points to the fact that the B6 boards are missing 9 chips each.

e) Supply chain issue: Do you stock two different boards or just use the same board with 9 chips deactivated? The fact that BM didn't undervolt, underclock to get to 4050 with 162 chips may also say something.

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hi, does anybody knows how to stop beep sound when connection to net is down? I cannot find any controler of "beep sound" like S4 had. Thanks for any advice.
I don't think the S7's have a speaker to notify you when the internet connection goes down. I may be wrong but I though that's how they designed them.

I have two now .. both of them beeps like a hell Smiley ..so it does

You hear beeping over the jet blasters?

That's a good question. Has anyone changed the fans out on their S7 to a quieter version?
What I did to help the noise is I placed a small foam piece covering the air intake maybe 10%-20% covered. I have not had any heat or noise issues.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
I managed to pick up one for 1328$, just in time. this time , next day was sold out. wasn`t so lucky for a b5, by the time i had transfered fiat to BTC they had sold out the same day.

now i wonder like everyone else when and what B7 will be like.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
In closing, I leave you Seinfeld:

http://media.giphy.com/media/6HFUDKwlWcAbC/giphy.gif

Anyone else lock in some B6 miners for a good price?

semi-good...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12943074
, but I did score one B4B5 at btc $489  Grin

for some reason couldn't wait another 20min...oh, well
lesson learned as bitcoin always hits the round numbers on the way up or down.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
LOL   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Good one!  You got me there!

Unfortunately, I did not get any of batch 6.  I almost bought a couple of them but decided to wait until next month.  Hopefully, my patience will not serve me wrong.
legendary
In closing, I leave you Seinfeld:

Anyone else lock in some B6 miners for a good price?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

@ all the replies to the slapfight, hahah guys. Maybe I did get a little riled about posting an opinion and getting my ass chewed off. It was unexpected. I guess I poked the troll. Ignored in perpetuity now, won't happen again.  Wink

I learned a lesson in this "slap fight" as well.  I've learned it's not even worth my time getting into one or starting one.  I'm probably more to blame for it getting started if in fact your statement was truthful about only mentioning it because you wouldn't spend that amount of money on it.  I probably took it the wrong way, unfortunately.

Forgive me for taking it the wrong way, hodedowe.

By the way, I'm not a "troll." And no, you're not ignored in perpetuity.

Thanks for the heads up on the APC PDU, wolfen!  Definitely worth getting that particular PDU "used" than getting the Tripp Lite "new."

Let's put this behind us, hodedowe.

Have a good evening, Sir.

David
Activity: 359
Merit: 251

Most likely with it priced in dollars and NOT a fixed BTC price. It could even be just more of Batch 6 with a pricing change.

This is exactly it. BTC dropped below $300/BTC and I'd imagine they saw a large portion of their profit running for the exits. That behind us, I'm excited to see the B7 model and whether or not it's ~4.8 TH again.

@ all the replies to the slapfight, hahah guys. Maybe I did get a little riled about posting an opinion and getting my ass chewed off. It was unexpected. I guess I poked the troll. Ignored in perpetuity now, won't happen again.  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
How can I make my Antminer S7 remote control ?
Jump to: