Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 218. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
How many people feel the need to post their annual salary on a bitcoin enthusiasts' message board? Something to prove, maybe? DMWard is one of the more chill guys I've dealt with on here. Have you considered trying Kegel exercises? I hear it helps with stress. Cheesy

Well I make over $380K a year!  Seriously, anyone posting how much they make either has a major inferiority complex about themselves or they're simply lying and typing their message from mom's basement.

But you didn't contract for an AFB in Georgia...  Cheesy <- I'm not laughing, honest.

Anyway on topic, I caved in and bought a Batch 6. At 4 BTC I figure it's low risk and helps to ease the pain of Batch 1. Production issues should be sorted out by now, the specs have been downgraded, shouldn't have any major issues.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
From where can I purchase this?

from marketplace here or ebay, sold out on bitmaintech.com
will come back soon, most likely

Most likely with it priced in dollars and NOT a fixed BTC price. It could even be just more of Batch 6 with a pricing change.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Has Bitmain released any information as to when there will be more products available? Huh

bitmain is contemplating pricing miners in gold-pressed latinum as nothing else keeps the value right  Tongue
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Has Bitmain released any information as to when there will be more products available? Huh

Hopefully not until I have the BTC saved up to buy one!  I missed out on the last few batches since I blew over 6.5 on batch 3. Sad
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
How many people feel the need to post their annual salary on a bitcoin enthusiasts' message board? Something to prove, maybe? DMWard is one of the more chill guys I've dealt with on here. Have you considered trying Kegel exercises? I hear it helps with stress. Cheesy

Well I make over $380K a year!  Seriously, anyone posting how much they make either has a major inferiority complex about themselves or they're simply lying and typing their message from mom's basement.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
Activity: 359
Merit: 251

LOL, Now I've got to be having a bad day?  Really?  I'm at home with my 4 year old son.  I work when I want to [For the most part].  I'm far from having a bad day, Sir.

You are trying to justify the "laughing face" you put on your original response to me by being condescending and without giving any input in that response as to a potential easier and/or cheaper way of accomplishing what I'm wanting to do.  How am I supposed to take it?  Am I supposed to laugh too?  Then [After realizing your lack of tactfulness in your first response] you follow up with two other responses that are condescending in "tone."  I honestly believe your second response would have sufficed [Without the sarcasm of course].

Anyway, I'm done with this.

Have a good day, Sir.

I can't think of any other reason for showing your rear on the internet. Unless you're just a jerk in general. The "laughing face" is a CHEESY face (mouseover it), It's smirky and fun, not "HA HA HA UR A FOOL OMG U SPENDED ALL UR MUNNIES UR CHILLINZ BE DYIN OF STARVATION HAHAHA". Lighten up and "Have a good day".

When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail. - Paraphrased from Abraham Maslow

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, YOU'RE the asshole." -Raylan Givens
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Again, I think you read the entire first comment with the wrong tone. You're having an aneurysm over my saying I could never justify that type of expense - and this is from a guy that makes over $240k/year. If you want to, that's fine. Do it. But don't try to rip me a new one because you're having a bad day. If you can't play nice, play somewhere else.

And @wolfen, fantastic stable product. Amazon has them for 89 bucks too. I fiddled with three of those while contracting for an AFB in Georgia a few years ago.

LOL, Now I've got to be having a bad day?  Really?  I'm at home with my 4 year old son.  I work when I want to [For the most part].  I'm far from having a bad day, Sir.

You are trying to justify the "laughing face" you put on your original response to me by being condescending and without giving any input in that response as to a potential easier and/or cheaper way of accomplishing what I'm wanting to do.  How am I supposed to take it?  Am I supposed to laugh too?  Then [After realizing your lack of tactfulness in your first response] you follow up with two other responses that are condescending in "tone."  I honestly believe your second response would have sufficed [Without the sarcasm of course].

Anyway, I'm done with this.

Have a good day, Sir.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. What I said was opinion - I could never justify it. I clicked on the link thinking it'd be ~$300 USD. It wasn't. I was surprised.

Enjoy your remote power switch. Oh, and just to make matters worse, you can do the same thing with an Arduino and about $30 worth of parts AND operate it with your cell phone.

Diff'rent Strokes for Diff'rent folks.

Then why the hell could you not give your opinion on how to do it more affordably in a way that does not mock someone for the feature they seek to have?  No, you decided to put a "laughing" face in the forum to mock me with no advice given at all of a cheaper way to do it.

Instead, you decide to be an asshole on top of that with these stupid ass short video comments.  Why such an arss?

Also, you are talking about getting some kind of circuit board or some shit and add $30 in parts onto that?  How much for the Arduino to go along with the $30 worth of parts?  What else is involved with connecting it to the PDU?  I also prefer to control only the PSU I want to control that is connected to the PDU.

Again, I think you read the entire first comment with the wrong tone. You're having an aneurysm over my saying I could never justify that type of expense - and this is from a guy that makes over $240k/year. If you want to, that's fine. Do it. But don't try to rip me a new one because you're having a bad day. If you can't play nice, play somewhere else.

And @wolfen, fantastic stable product. Amazon has them for 89 bucks too. I fiddled with three of those while contracting for an AFB in Georgia a few years ago.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

I have eight AP7911 apc network remote switched metered 30 amp pdus with a L6-30P plug.
They work great.
About $100 shipped on ebay.
They were $1000 new.
Web interface.
Two 15 amp circuit breakers.
The display shows one 15amp leg, then the other, then the total switching every 5 seconds.
I don't know why they stopped making them but they are the bomb.

Thank you for your input.  I'll have to look into this on eBay.

If you have any questions configuring I have had to become very intimate with them.
Sometimes they ship with SSL installed and you have to use the serial port and putty on the front to set the IP address.
Happened on two of mine.
S5's were notorious for crapping out on nicehash. Was very nice to just click from my ipad in bed instead of driving two miles down the street to the datacenter or having the guys on call flip the switch.
Had to use it just once with the s7's.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. What I said was opinion - I could never justify it. I clicked on the link thinking it'd be ~$300 USD. It wasn't. I was surprised.

Enjoy your remote power switch. Oh, and just to make matters worse, you can do the same thing with an Arduino and about $30 worth of parts AND operate it with your cell phone.

Then why the hell could you not give your opinion on how to do it more affordably in a way that does not mock someone for the feature they seek to have?  No, you decided to put a "laughing" face in the forum to mock me with no advice given at all of a cheaper way to do it.

Instead, you decide to be an asshole on top of that with these stupid ass short video comments.  Why such an arss?

Also, you are talking about getting some kind of circuit board or some shit and add $30 in parts onto that?  How much for the Arduino to go along with the $30 worth of parts?  What else is involved with connecting it to the PDU?  I also prefer to control only the PSU I want to control that is connected to the PDU.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

I have eight AP7911 apc network remote switched metered 30 amp pdus with a L6-30P plug.
They work great.
They were $1000 new.
Web interface.
The display shows one 15amp leg, then the other, then the total switching every 5 seconds.

Thank you for your input.  I'll have to look into this on eBay.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Yeah, as soon as BTC went below $300 USD they all disappeared at around $1200 each lol. No surprise there.

Hopefully the next batch won't be gimped like this one was.

Also, that Tripplite is $700 bucks! OH MY GOSH!!! I'd never be able to justify that for an extension cord, even if I lived 30 minutes from my miners.  Cheesy

$628.00 [That includes shipping costs]; not $700.  One of these PDU's for every 5 x S7's  So, about $123.00 additional cost for each S7.  It will only be paid this one time.  Meaning, this is not additional costs every time I "replace" rigs with new rigs.  Plus, my mind is more at ease when I'm on the road training telephone technicians.  It's a cost I'm willing to pay.  If you have no need for this capability, great!  As for myself, I have a need for "an extension cord" that one can log into via the internet to turn off and back on any PSU I select whenever I need to.  So, what the hell is so funny?   "Cheesy"  

We could do without trying to make fun of someone who has specific needs and spending extra money to provide those needs.  Sorry, if your budget does not allow for this particular feature I actually need.  My needs demand it in my budget.  I'm WAY more than 30 minutes from my rigs when I'm away.  I'm as much as 1,750 miles away at times.  I have some training classes coming up during the first quarter of 2016 that will have me 775 miles away for 4 weeks.  So, I could do without your vain attempts to mock me for trying to make my situation more manageable.

If anyone could provide an answer to my question in my original posts, I would appreciate it.

"(agency de-rated to 24 amps)."  Does this mean I (the agency) have the option to "de-rate to 24 amps" or does it mean it's limited to 80% (24 Amps) period and cannot be changed to like 83.5 percent?

They work great.
They were $1000 new.
Web interface.

No doubt the batch 6 stopped when the price tanked.

$628.00 [That includes shipping costs]; not $700.  One of these PDU's for every 5 x S7's  So, about $123.00 additional cost for each S7.  It will only be paid this one time.  Meaning, this is not additional costs every time I "replace" rigs with new rigs.  Plus, my mind is more at ease when I'm on the road training telephone technicians.  It's a cost I'm willing to pay.  If you have no need for this capability, great!  As for myself, I have a need for "an extension cord" that one can log into via the internet to turn off and back on any PSU I select whenever I need to.  So, what the hell is so funny?   "Cheesy"  

We could do without trying to make fun of someone who has specific needs and spending extra money to provide those needs.  Sorry, if your budget does not allow for this particular feature I actually need.  My needs demand it in my budget.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Yeah, as soon as BTC went below $300 USD they all disappeared at around $1200 each lol. No surprise there.

Also, that Tripplite is $700 bucks! OH MY GOSH!!! I'd never be able to justify that for an extension cord, even if I lived 30 minutes from my miners.  Cheesy

We could do without trying to make fun of someone who has specific needs and spending extra money to provide those needs.  Sorry, if your budget does not allow for this particular feature I actually need.  My needs demand it in my budget.  I'm WAY more than 30 minutes from my rigs when I'm away.  I'm as much as 1,750 miles away at times.  I have some training classes coming up during the first quarter of 2016 that will have me 775 miles away for 4 weeks.  I will also be playing poker for 2 weeks at another location during the first quarter.  So, I could do without your vain attempts to mock me for trying to make my situation more manageable.

If anyone could provide an answer to my question in my original posts, I would appreciate it.

"(agency de-rated to 24 amps)."  Does this mean I (the agency) have the option to "de-rate to 24 amps" or does it mean it's limited to 80% (24 Amps) period and cannot be changed to like 83.5 percent?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I Find the timing of being SOLD OUT extremely coincidental with the low price of BTC right now   Tongue

of course, because people bought like crazy yesterday at $1230-1390 (~4.13-4.15 BTC) shipped

I sat on the fence and decided to not get one.

Kind of regret not getting one more.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I Find the timing of being SOLD OUT extremely coincidental with the low price of BTC right now   Tongue

of course, because people bought like crazy yesterday at $1230-1390 (~4.13-4.15 BTC) shipped
the lowest price was truly great (compare with competitors 10% less hash for $1440 and MOQ of 10, although group buy can get closer in price)
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
I Find the timing of being SOLD OUT extremely coincidental with the low price of BTC right now   Tongue

Jump to: