Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 260. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
Is there anyone who ordered within last week who already received a shipping number or are they still shipping orders from early October?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
I wanted to post my recent experience with Bitmain.  After having a brand new unit's controller die within the first days of use, I contacted Bitmain and was less than pleased by their proposed solution (ship the entire unit to China and wait for a response).  Thankfully, I stumbled upon the Bitmain USA team and contacted them.  They went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied with the resolution, and I am appreciative for their assistance.  I highly recommend dealing with their USA team out of Denver to make your life easier when dealing with Bitmain Products or Services.  Here's their number.  (844) 248-6246

Any email ? I need a S5 daughter board. (18 pins)

Thanks

[email protected]

found it here: https://fanbitcoin.com/index.php?topic=671189.7680

Thanks !
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Just tested loss of internet with my batch 1 S7 and my batch 3 S7. I run with a proxy to combine all my miners to a single network connection.  This runs on a local machine.  I left my LAN connection from the two S7's to this machine.  Then I disconnected by DSL link. I continued to monitor the S7's with their web interface. 

For the first 10 minutes, the proxy continued to fool the miners that all was well.  After about ten minutes the S7's started beeping.  Checking their status, both showed the connection to the proxy server as dead.  The 5 second hash rate dropped rapidly.  Both S7's have their fans set on manual speed at 40%.  I left things this way for another five minutes, observing that the fans continued to spin at their normal speed.  The chips cooled down.

After another 10 minutes, I reconnected my DSL service and established pool connectivity.  Within about a minute, both S7's were back to normal, showing a connection to the local proxy and the 5 second hash rate building back up.

If there is an overheating safety problem with the S7's either:

1. It does not affect my two units
2. It is intermittent and may hit my two units some time in the future if there is a network outage
3. I may have bypassed the problem by using the fixed fan setting.

I am using the firmware originally supplied with the two units. 1.5.3.0, file date September 15, 2015.

My five hours offline was due to a crashed Internet.
I was away for weekend and got back seven pm tonight.
We had something in common my s-7 was set to manual fan speed.

Like you

I am using the firmware originally supplied with the two units. 1.5.3.0, file date September 15, 2015.

So manually setting may allow for safety

any way to get this original FW file the new file from the site just broke my miner

Good luck. After bitmain intentionally gimped the S4+ via firmware I asked them to provide the original so I could revert. Got a lot of "were working on it"  emails, but never any actual results.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Just tested loss of internet with my batch 1 S7 and my batch 3 S7. I run with a proxy to combine all my miners to a single network connection.  This runs on a local machine.  I left my LAN connection from the two S7's to this machine.  Then I disconnected by DSL link. I continued to monitor the S7's with their web interface. 

For the first 10 minutes, the proxy continued to fool the miners that all was well.  After about ten minutes the S7's started beeping.  Checking their status, both showed the connection to the proxy server as dead.  The 5 second hash rate dropped rapidly.  Both S7's have their fans set on manual speed at 40%.  I left things this way for another five minutes, observing that the fans continued to spin at their normal speed.  The chips cooled down.

After another 10 minutes, I reconnected my DSL service and established pool connectivity.  Within about a minute, both S7's were back to normal, showing a connection to the local proxy and the 5 second hash rate building back up.

2. It is intermittent and may hit my two units some time in the future if there is a network outage

We had something in common my s-7 was set to manu al fan speed.

Like you

any way to get this original FW file the new file from the site just broke my miner

I highly recommend others take my philosophy on Bitmain updates on miners that don't use SD cards and can't be reverted easy (C1, and S4 both were great with SD).   

My motto is if it's the miner is working good and no big issue update, or big feature release.  I would just keep the current.  If it works great... not always best idea to change.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

Like you

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Like you

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
I think the manual fan setting is the 'fix'.

TY for testing
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Thank you very much for your time, investigation and sharing your findings with us.
Activity: 278
Merit: 254

legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
I upgraded my miner to latest firmware now it will not hash and network diagnostic ping test fails any advise BITMAIN? Huh
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252
Thanks for the update, BITMAIN WARRANTY.
Any workaround with the manual fan setting?
I'll be getting two Wednesday I believe. Have to configure at home.
Don't like the full speed running miner fan to just kick down when you hit "apply" on the configuration page.
Has to be a bunch of heat just percolating in there when the fan kicks down.

Maybe try setting fan to manual at 100 or 99
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Any workaround with the manual fan setting?
I'll be getting two Wednesday I believe. Have to configure at home.
Don't like the full speed running miner fan to just kick down when you hit "apply" on the configuration page.
Has to be a bunch of heat just percolating in there when the fan kicks down.
Maybe high ambient temp would cause too much heat.
I think they are trying to get ahead of things, heat/wattage, etc.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I lost my net today and did not fry my s-7 so why did I work after five hours on bring offline.

I did not do different firmware.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Regarding the Internet Connection to your mining farm or Antminer S5, S5+ and S7, please make sure you do not loose internet connection! (2nd ISP will help you avoid that problem)

For S7, new firmware is published at http://www.bitmaintech.com  Please select the correct frequency version you originally received.  If you received 575mhz version, please use the same version.

Thanks for your post. But I'm still not completely clear on this issue.

Can you verify that the new S7 firmware fixes the problem where losing internet connectivity can cause damage to the miner?

Many of us are not in a position to have a second ISP. We have no control over whether or not our Internet connection will be reliable.

It's important to know for sure that this problem is corrected.

Thank you in advance for clear communication on this issue.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

Regarding the Internet Connection to your mining farm or Antminer S5, S5+ and S7, please make sure you do not loose internet connection! (2nd ISP will help you avoid that problem)
PS?

You guys still have not fix that issue??
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
For oversea market, we only shipped out a very small amounts of 4.66th/s miners to customers in Batch1. If you didn't get the email from [email protected] to confirm the 4.66th/s miner issue before, it indicates your miner is with 4.86th/s and you should use the 600M, 4.86th/s firmware directly.
for 4.45th/s miners, it's for domestic sales.

http://i59.tinypic.com/140vlu8.png

Can someone explain to me why are there 3 firmwares on BM site for S7:

600M 4.86TH/S
575M 4.66TH/S
550M 4.45TH/S

Can I use any of these firmwares on any batches of S7?

Example:
I have B2 unit can I put 600M firmware on it?
or I need to use 575M firmware?
what about 550M which batch is that one  Huh

What was your clock out of the box on B2?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Tracking Number should be emailed to you from the automated system when the factory ships your Antminer.

if you purchased the PSU and the miner at the same time, your PSU may have been shipped ahead and the order may be marked as "shipped", however, when the S7 ships, the system will update and add another tracking number belongs to your S7.

Some had the tracking numbers updated in the system, but the automated email didn't make it to the inbox.

and....

For S7, new firmware is published at http://www.bitmaintech.com  Please select the correct frequency version you originally received.  If you received 575mhz version, please use the same version.

So, is the only way we know our order shipped is when the truck pulls in or an email from FedEx/DHL/UPS?
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
So, is the only way we know our order shipped is when the truck pulls in or an email from FedEx/DHL/UPS?

My tracking was posted the day the order shipped, Friday... Received today..
Activity: 751
Merit: 253
Jump to: