Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 276. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 278
Merit: 254
These Batch 2 and 3 miners probably won't get shipped until,

* Price of BTC goes to $300-$315 and reverses back down. I think they are holding them right now and mining with them so they can dump.

*Or will ship them on November 5th as its the last delay day.

Mining is very profitable at the moment.

yeah while it is a bit annoying.  I do have 2 mining as I type.  both work fine.

I finally got my Batch 1 units, two of them. One does 4.88 avg while the other 4.63-4.68. Are a lot of people seeing this?

I paid the full price of batch 1 and pretty pissed I got a batch 2 unit, guessing by the hash rate. I tried to OC it to 618 and 625, but not much difference, a lot more HW errors with minimal hash gain.

Try to troubleshoot it by doing 593
Once it fires up at 593 look at hw error rate.

If error rate is .1 or higher do a system reboot.
If error rate comes back at .0100 or lower wait for hash rate to settle you should get about 4775.

With lower power then you do by going to 612

Sometimes the error rate can stay high after a system reboot.  (Sometimes even after several system reboots.)  In that case, I've found it useful to power cycle.  Let the machine run for a few minutes and then system reboot.  This seems to get things back to a low hw error rate with my unit.  Then I can increase the clock rate, hopefully this time to a value that won't screw things up.  Presently my early batch 1 unit is averaging 4.87 TH,  618M, 57c, fan 3000 rpm, 1d21h.  I plan to leave it alone unless something changes for some reason or other, such as a power interruption.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
It appears that my Sep 29 B3 order has been shipped per UPS 😀

they are hopefully going by the dates ordered/paid, not by the batch #
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Very good to hear this, anyone else?
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
I do not think reward halving will have impact on S7 price. Tooo much time until that...

I would have to agree with you on that one to an extent.  That's the only thing I could come up with for the price reduction between batch 1 and batch 3.

I think the key is it will not yet.  But once we hit say 6 month's, then 3 months etc no doubt it will effect it.   With less reward people would not spend as much.

But we really don't know a lot of what will happen at halving we need to know to determine miners price.  BTC price at halving will affect miners price greatly, and no one can tell us what that will be currently..

Agreed, we don't know what will occur with difficulty and btc price.  

I plan on buying more every month.  I'm not saying how many each month but it will be quite a bit.  I plan on buying ten of their 1600 PSU's as well.  The way my PDU's are set up, I still have more watts available on each PSU for more S7's.  I would rather do this with BITMAIN's PSU's than use an IBM 2880W PSU to power only one S7 when it can easily power two.  It would be a waste to do this with an IBM 2880W.  Hence, the need for BITMAIN's 1600W PSU.

I've been up all night.  It is 5:39am at my location now.  It's past time to get some sleep.

Good night everyone!

I must be missing something, so power 2 with an IBM 2880W PSU if that is what you can do, heck power 5 per 2 IBM 2880W PSUs.  You have lower cost, and better efficiency than Bitmain PSUs, I am not understanding the logic since you make the point you can power two per PSU.

I wanted to ask who sells them, but then figured it out   Smiley
Quick question: for IBM 2880W PSU, 8 PCIe cords with 8 extenders-how many connectors total: 8, 16 or a different number. Will it work on 208V instead of 240?

Boards have 22 connectors built in, if you found my offering that is a base, most people but 17-22 PCIe cables per kit.
legendary
Maybe they start to ship s-7's from batches 2 & 3

Quick question  on batch 1 does anyone not have their order shipped?

i sneaked in another batch 2 order yesterday on a btc spike; was deciding whether to order batch 2 or 3 and went with batch 2 this time based on intuition (I could be wrong there).
my prior b2 order has not been shipped yet.
legendary
I do not think reward halving will have impact on S7 price. Tooo much time until that...

I would have to agree with you on that one to an extent.  That's the only thing I could come up with for the price reduction between batch 1 and batch 3.

I think the key is it will not yet.  But once we hit say 6 month's, then 3 months etc no doubt it will effect it.   With less reward people would not spend as much.

But we really don't know a lot of what will happen at halving we need to know to determine miners price.  BTC price at halving will affect miners price greatly, and no one can tell us what that will be currently..

I plan on buying more every month.  I'm not saying how many each month but it will be quite a bit.  I plan on buying ten of their 1600 PSU's as well.  The way my PDU's are set up, I still have more watts available on each PSU for more S7's.  I would rather do this with BITMAIN's PSU's than use an IBM 2880W PSU to power only one S7 when it can easily power two.  It would be a waste to do this with an IBM 2880W.  Hence, the need for BITMAIN's 1600W PSU.

I've been up all night.  It is 5:39am at my location now.  It's past time to get some sleep.

Good night everyone!

I must be missing something, so power 2 with an IBM 2880W PSU if that is what you can do, heck power 5 per 2 IBM 2880W PSUs.  You have lower cost, and better efficiency than Bitmain PSUs, I am not understanding the logic since you make the point you can power two per PSU.

I wanted to ask who sells them, but then figured it out   Smiley
Quick question: for IBM 2880W PSU, 8 PCIe cords with 8 extenders-how many connectors total: 8, 16 or a different number. Will it work on 208V instead of 240?
legendary
Maybe they start to ship s-7's from batches 2 & 3

Quick question  on batch 1 does anyone not have their order shipped?

legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io

I would have to agree with you on that one to an extent.  That's the only thing I could come up with for the price reduction between batch 1 and batch 3.

I think the key is it will not yet.  But once we hit say 6 month's, then 3 months etc no doubt it will effect it.   With less reward people would not spend as much.

But we really don't know a lot of what will happen at halving we need to know to determine miners price.  BTC price at halving will affect miners price greatly, and no one can tell us what that will be currently..

I plan on buying more every month.  I'm not saying how many each month but it will be quite a bit.  I plan on buying ten of their 1600 PSU's as well.  The way my PDU's are set up, I still have more watts available on each PSU for more S7's.  I would rather do this with BITMAIN's PSU's than use an IBM 2880W PSU to power only one S7 when it can easily power two.  It would be a waste to do this with an IBM 2880W.  Hence, the need for BITMAIN's 1600W PSU.

I've been up all night.  It is 5:39am at my location now.  It's past time to get some sleep.

Good night everyone!

I must be missing something, so power 2 with an IBM 2880W PSU if that is what you can do, heck power 5 per 2 IBM 2880W PSUs.  You have lower cost, and better efficiency than Bitmain PSUs, I am not understanding the logic since you make the point you can power two per PSU.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

I would have to agree with you on that one to an extent.  That's the only thing I could come up with for the price reduction between batch 1 and batch 3.

I think the key is it will not yet.  But once we hit say 6 month's, then 3 months etc no doubt it will effect it.   With less reward people would not spend as much.

But we really don't know a lot of what will happen at halving we need to know to determine miners price.  BTC price at halving will affect miners price greatly, and no one can tell us what that will be currently..

I plan on buying more every month.  I'm not saying how many each month but it will be quite a bit.  I plan on buying ten of their 1600 PSU's as well.  The way my PDU's are set up, I still have more watts available on each PSU for more S7's.  I would rather do this with BITMAIN's PSU's than use an IBM 2880W PSU to power only one S7 when it can easily power two.  It would be a waste to do this with an IBM 2880W.  Hence, the need for BITMAIN's 1600W PSU.

I've been up all night.  It is 5:39am at my location now.  It's past time to get some sleep.

Good night everyone!

legendary
Activity: 1456

But we really don't know a lot of what will happen at having we need to know to determine miners price.  BTC price at having will effect miners price greatly, and no one can tell us what that will be currently..
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I assume it is more to start a Batch 4 with new prices. Because of the higher BTC price this will most probably be higher that B2/B3.

Or possibly the same price for batch 4 as it was for batch 3 with less time before block halving on batch 4 than for batch 3.  Only time will tell.
legendary
Activity: 1405
Merit: 1001
I assume it is more to start a Batch 4 with new prices. Because of the higher BTC price this will most probably be higher that B2/B3.
legendary
Activity: 1456
B2 and B3 sold out

Waited longer the I thought they would since:

AntMiner S7 BATCH 2/3 - Shipping may start between Oct. 15 ~ 25 (if shipped out 10 days later than it, it won't be considered as delay ).

And friday around 5 PM right now in China so they really did wait till like very last minute with weekend to stop sells on those batches.
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
B2 and B3 sold out
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

If the BTC/USD price breaks the $300-$320 and heads towards the $400-600 range, guess what. The B3 will be the last batch of the S7 that Bitmain will ever be selling to us.

If that happened, Bitmain, would simply raise the price of the S7.  IMHO

My guess is every S7 sold helps them net 3.0 to 3.5 BTC minimum at present price of the S7.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
Well if it has 2 blades, and it has S7 compact heatsink, i would like to see it, yes. If it has 3 blades, then its the S5+ i know. Regardless i believe you but yeah, if there's S5's non + with a S7 compact heatsink, i would like to see it + know what PCB version it read on the top right of the PCB under the bitmain logo. The latest i saw was v1.91.

Sure I will stop by my S5 mine tomorrow and take some pics of the different types of S5's
legendary
These Batch 2 and 3 miners probably won't get shipped until,

* Price of BTC goes to $300-$315 and reverses back down. I think they are holding them right now and mining with them so they can dump.

*Or will ship them on November 5th as its the last delay day.

Mining is very profitable at the moment.

yeah while it is a bit annoying.  I do have 2 mining as I type.  both work fine.

I finally got my Batch 1 units, two of them. One does 4.88 avg while the other 4.63-4.68. Are a lot of people seeing this?

I paid the full price of batch 1 and pretty pissed I got a batch 2 unit, guessing by the hash rate. I tried to OC it to 618 and 625, but not much difference, a lot more HW errors with minimal hash gain.

Try to troubleshoot it by doing 593
Once it fires up at 593 look at hw error rate.

If error rate is .1 or higher do a system reboot.
If error rate comes back at .0100 or lower wait for hash rate to settle you should get about 4775.

With lower power then you do by going to 612
Jump to: