Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 280. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
I asked if I could mention this on the forum.
Have been buying from him since s3 days.
Just bought 3 more B2
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I should have listened to my hunch. If what wolfen says is true - I'm going to cancel & get a refund......these things are too expensive to be messed about by bitmain shipping delay nonsense.

Don't know if you will be able to based on price they say below:

Yeah, those terms are another reason I was so unsure of buying - they;re terrible. Although, I do have family near where they are based........

I'm beginning to think that wolfen is talking BS to be honest - no email posted, too many firsts as you say, & all 134 of his posts are here in the S7 thread - too much of a coincidence.

Do Bitmain employ shills?
No shill here sir. No troll either. This is the first and only forum I have used.
I pretty much figured things out myself.
I have been waiting 7 weeks for my miners, it is exciting to see people get theirs.
I get and have gotten all my antminers from the Denver Bitmain office over the years. (s3,s3+,s5,s7)
I'm just a programmer. Older than dirt.
Denver offers $100 USA warranty so you don't have to send sick ones back to China.
Small price for quick turnaround.
Bitmain Denver 844-248-6246.
This is just how I purchase. Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out
I was on the phone with a gentleman for an hour helping him get the s5 I sold him up and running.

Can you give more details?  I know they have support there.  But I honestly have not heard of a way to purchase through them, let alone a 100 dollar us warranty.

Who are you purchasing from at the office?   Can you show emails edited?  I just have a hard time believing it.
Did you get the post of email  from Yoshi?

I saw it but I don't believe it unless Yoshi confirms.  This buy US with a extra warranty seems to be something only you have done, which is odd.

I cant imagine going to support and ask to buy gear.  But I could be wrong Yoshi is a nice guy. 
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Wait a minute -- Usually its the other way around ... cool off IC's/CPUs and they function better...

The antminer chips NEED heat??? Odd.

I know with the S2's, the hotter they ran, the more current they sucked. This summer the landlord at the office I was renting shut off the AC and the miners were running with 90+ degree F. intake air which made the chips cook at 75 C. to 80 C. I didn't notice any better hashrate with them.

What I'm about to say is only speculation:

I'm pretty sure the fans will draw more current as the temperature rises.  When the fans turn at higher RPM's it results in more current draw.

As for higher hash rates and lower HW errors; this one blows my mind as well.  I know in the wire-line telephone industry, the amount of resistance we have in the cable per foot changes with temperature.  The cooler the temperature [Due to contraction - getting smaller in diameter] the wire would have more resistance per foot.  The warmer the temperature [Due to expansion - getting larger in diameter] the wire would have less resistance per foot.

I'm sure it probably gets more deep than just the resistance changing with temperature.  That's why I said someone with more experience in electronics might be able to elaborate on the subject.

The only thing I can "speculate" on is with the warmer temperatures and expansion of material and components in the blades possibly resulting in less resistance to impede transmission.  However, there is a breaking point at how hot is too hot where the material and components can break down.  I'm sure others with more experience would be able to elaborate on this with a more informative explanation than mine.  I'm only speculating.  That's it...

I know manufacturers of ASIC's have implemented circuits that are programed to throttle down an ASIC once it gets to a certain temperature and even shut the ASIC down once it gets to an even higher temperature to avoid potential meltdown and/or fire.

Edit: Once the rigs get above a certain temperature and potentially that creates even more expansion of materials that could be enough to affect the capacitance in the blades.  For example, the two copper wires with a poly-etholine coating on them in the wire-line telephone industry are twisted together.  These two wires are in essence a capacitor, which is at least 2 metal plates separated by an insulator(s).  Three things that affect the value of a capacitor is the size of the metal plates, distance between the plates and the material between the plates.  As the capacitance increases [Due to expansion - larger metal plates] higher frequencies are affected by this increase in capacitance.  I will not elaborate on how and why [Taking up too much space in the forum] but it does affect them.

So, the only thing I can speculate on is the resistance in the materials used in the blades decreases with temperature rise because of expansion.  This reduced resistance increases the hash rate and reduces the hardware errors.  However, if the temperature continues to rise to a point of creating considerable expansion of those materials to change the capacitance, it can affect the impedance in the blades so much that it reduces the hash rate and increases the HWE's.  Again, this was only speculation.

I know hybrids in carriers in the telephone industry have to be a certain impedance: 640 ohms for non-loaded pairs and 900 ohms for loaded pairs.  If we ever have a customer's line not loaded properly, it can change the impedance on the line [Making it not balanced with the hybrid in the carrier] and can potentially create echo-return-loss or reflection in the signal in certain situations.  That could be what is occurring when the temperature gets too radically hot above the high 60's or 70's; creating echo return loss or reflection of the transmission between components [because of a change in capacitance], which could increase errors and reduce hash rate.

That was my two cents.  It was given to encourage discussion and thought on the subject.  I promise, I will not curse out anyone this time if anyone was to chime in.   Grin
So you need more heat AND less freq? Not just lower frequency?
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
No, all of mine except 2 have been delivered at 600 and not marked, but under-performed at 3.9-4.2th/s.  After slowing down the fan to 30-35% and getting the heat up to about 55-62C and setting the S7 to 575 I could then achieve 4.6th/s.

Wait a minute -- Usually its the other way around ... cool off IC's/CPUs and they function better...

The antminer chips NEED heat??? Odd.

I know with the S2's, the hotter they ran, the more current they sucked. This summer the landlord at the office I was renting shut off the AC and the miners were running with 90+ degree F. intake air which made the chips cook at 75 C. to 80 C. I didn't notice any better hashrate with them.
So happy so far with my Batch-1 s7 so I ordered a B2 one today. Wonder how long this one will take?  Wink
Also - why are the batch3's a tad more expensive than the batch-2's?

Batch 3 is 4.86 TH/s @ 600 MHz and Batch 2 is 4.66 TH/s @ 575 MHz.  200 GH/s difference and 1160 watts for Batch 2 verses 1210 watts for Batch 1 and 3.  They are both still 0.25 watts per GH
Interesting. My batch-1 s7 came with factory setting of 600mHz and is humming along perfectly at over 4.86 as reported by my pool. Guess I'll just have to goose the coming batch-2 one to the same and see how it does.

I believe the batch 2 are batch 1 rejects.  They were not mining to specifications they laid out for Batch 1.  However, they should work fine at 575 MHz instead of the 600 MHz originally quoted for Batch 1.

I agree with you dmwardjr, although Batch 1 left me with 5 of them running at 575 at 4.6th/s.  I did get a couple that maintain 600 at 4.8th/s.
Did you receive batch one at 575?

No, all of mine except 2 have been delivered at 600 and not marked, but under-performed at 3.9-4.2th/s.  After slowing down the fan to 30-35% and getting the heat up to about 55-62C and setting the S7 to 575 I could then achieve 4.6th/s.
This is excellent information
Must be what they did to mine.
This will save a bunch of experimentation
I should have listened to my hunch. If what wolfen says is true - I'm going to cancel & get a refund......these things are too expensive to be messed about by bitmain shipping delay nonsense.

Yeah, those terms are another reason I was so unsure of buying - they;re terrible. Although, I do have family near where they are based........

I'm beginning to think that wolfen is talking BS to be honest - no email posted, too many firsts as you say, & all 134 of his posts are here in the S7 thread - too much of a coincidence.

No shill here sir. No troll either. This is the first and only forum I have used.
I have been waiting 7 weeks for my miners, it is exciting to see people get theirs.
I get and have gotten all my antminers from the Denver Bitmain office over the years. (s3,s3+,s5,s7)
Denver offers $100 USA warranty so you don't have to send sick ones back to China.
I was on the phone with a gentleman for an hour helping him get the s5 I sold him up and running.

Can you give more details?  I know they have support there.  But I honestly have not heard of a way to purchase through them, let alone a 100 dollar us warranty.

Who are you purchasing from at the office?   Can you show emails edited?  I just have a hard time believing it.
Did you get the post of email  from Yoshi?
EtherApe(for root) is nice for linux users to find IP's and to see what's talking and to where........
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I like the ipreporter.exe for S7 that allows you to hit the button to the left of the ethernet cable and have the ip address pop up.

I recommend ipscan24 for finding devices on a network.
Activity: 266
In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

It might be time for you to heed this advice, wouldn't you think?

Amen to that. My ignore button just took another hit  Wink

Ahhh.......that's better.
I like the ipreporter.exe for S7 that allows you to hit the button to the left of the ethernet cable and have the ip address pop up.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

It might be time for you to heed this advice, wouldn't you think?

As for your B2/B3 confusion - if the message is real then it might be a typo. B1 and B3 have identical specs so there wouldn't be a reason to ship only 11 out of 12 B1 and then some B3, instead of completing the B1. It would make more sense if they had underperforming miners not suitable for B1 and shipped them as B2.

In any case, if you get the miners and they run at 600 MHz - good for you.
From Yoshi:

You can mention the purchase option via usa!

844-248-6246 or Bitmain.zendesk.com

Price is a bit more compare to the chinese purchase price but for multiple unit purchase custimers, this usa purchase may help avoids the headache of clearing the custims via ups and be billed the fee later.

Warranry claim pricess be a hassle free model vs 4-6 weeks process via the factory.

I'm sorry for the wait!
WTF!

Does everyone here live in Missouri??? You know, the Show Me State.

Huh

Grin
Activity: 266

Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out

Then why are you ignoring requests from members here to show us this email you got from bitmain? If you don't know how to upload a document/screenshot - I can help you.
The best I can do is let you know how I buy my miners.
Which I have done.
I would have to redact so much that it would be pointless.
How much have you spent on mining equipment in the last two years?

That's BS.

You post over 135 posts only in the S7 thread since it started saying you got the first this & the first that, shipping is perfect, bitmain are wonderful, you got emails from them, you got this & you got that - but as soon as anyone askes you corroborate what you say - you ignore them & then give feeble excuses.

Post proof or wolfen=bitmain shill. Official.

Try not to worry - I'm sure things will work out, it can be a little worrying with your first order from Bitmain, especially with the high prices they are charging, but I'm sure your miners will come eventually - it's just a case of when. Be patient. I know it's hard when we read about the horror stories about delivery - & posts like wolfen's certainly don't help. We can't make him prove himself, but if he can't, well, then we'll all know the truth. I heard they did have an official shill once, but he was terrible at it - so they sacked him  Wink
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out

Then why are you ignoring requests from members here to show us this email you got from bitmain? If you don't know how to upload a document/screenshot - I can help you.
The best I can do is let you know how I buy my miners.
Which I have done.
I would have to redact so much that it would be pointless.
How much have you spent on mining equipment in the last two years?

That's BS.

You post over 135 posts only in the S7 thread since it started saying you got the first this & the first that, shipping is perfect, bitmain are wonderful, you got emails from them, you got this & you got that - but as soon as anyone askes you corroborate what you say - you ignore them & then give feeble excuses.

Post proof or wolfen=bitmain shill. Official.

bitmaintech does not need shills.

I rather you be wrong.

But maybe you are not wrong.

So does anyone besides wolfen have a 'real' tracking number for batch 2 or 3?

IN no way am I angry or complaining about this rollout of gear.  my first ones  came fast and both work fine. I just like to track the  gear from China to New Jersey while it is actually happening.
legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Yeah, they're especially great when you disagree with his method or outcome then he loses his shit on you.  He does quickly delete the posts and apologize, so at least his heart is in the right place.  

I was totally out of line.  I could not see his face nor hear his tone or lack there of.  I just flat out misunderstood what he was implying and got worked up over it and lost my shiznit.  If we were on the phone or talking face to face, the entire thing could have been avoided.  I apologized in a PM and deleted my post shortly after the PM.  I learned a valuable lesson from all of this.  I really feel bad about the whole thing.  The important thing is I have learned from it and will try not to make the same mistake again.

But I digress, take the information here as opinion, not fact.  Ask someone qualified who's familiar with your infrastructure and building codes.   Anyone worth their salt will give their opinion but won't guarantee anything until they see it first hand.

I agree with this 100%

legendary
Activity: 1512
Definitely go 220-240.

There are many pretend electricians around here and you will hear all sorts of things which may even make sense or sound true but it is someone you don't know who has an interpretation of the way things should be.
The only type of person to trust is someone who isn't afraid to backup what they claim with facts, pictures, and easily verifiable information. Items which can be verified through multiple sources.

We are talking about something which can burn down your house or business. When someone claims to have a training gig, or they know something because of something someone else taught them, bah, ask for a reference, but better yet, ask an electrician who actually has a license.

There are also electrician forums where those guys hang out and are happy to answer questions with references to back them up.
Be wary of someone who in an argument continues to claim they are right because they have previous experience in that area. To me, that is akin to claiming I am a fireman because I lived through a fire. Not quite the same is it?

I've obviously said things that have rubbed people in this forum [Like yourself] the wrong way.  I apologize to you and anyone else in this forum I have rubbed the wrong way.  As for advice on ANYTHING technical in these forums:  You, or anyone else, should be quite relieved not to hear anymore from me about anything "technical" from this day forward.  I leave that to you "professionals."

I apologized to dancer191 in PM's, deleted previous posts of mine to keep from trashing up this forum.

Everyone have a good day and may the blocks be with you!
Dude you are awesome, it's good to read technical post like yours, I enjoy them.

Yeah, they're especially great when you disagree with his method or outcome then he loses his shit on you.  He does quickly delete the posts and apologize, so at least his heart is in the right place. 

But I digress, take the information here as opinion, not fact.  Ask someone qualified who's familiar with your infrastructure and building codes.   Anyone worth their salt will give their opinion but won't guarantee anything until they see it first hand.
Jump to: