Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 273. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

What is the benefit of making a S7+

I have the same question.  How much could they really be saving on two controller boards.  I think I would rather have the extra controller boards just in case one of them breaks you're not down 4.8th for a month trying to get a replacement.
Will poolside hashrate be higher if you are running more through one controller with higher difficulty ?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Anyone know what the s7 firmware updates have included? There are no release notes..

https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720151023101739550pOBiK5sO06A0

Antminer S7 - Firmware
FileName   Description
SD-S7-20151023-600M.tar.gz   S7 Firmware - 600M, 4.86th/s miner MD5: 580FF296CF87029932B5B1A53FF7844C
SD-S7-20151023-575M.tar.gz   S7 Firmware - 575M, 4.66th/s miner MD5: D0F9579AF26B8276F9073A752BE029FC
SD-S7-20151023-550M.tar.gz   S7 Firmware - 550M, 4.45th/s miner MD5: 64E0BDFCEC572CA833C390ED372E7175

Also, I wonder why they are deleting posts? I had a post that I have on another tab that was simply deleted. Seems odd... BTW, cryptoGlance for managing miners rocks!

I installed them on my farm, one was in a weird state afterwards, but recovered after a soft restart of the controller.

edit:

I have noticed a more stable variance after updating to the 600M firmware on their site. I had two s7's that were all over the place, so that makes me happy. Smiley

Ufo

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Check this out (from pcfli, who might have the inside track):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12769055

New batch is apparently in 10days and will be deprecated to 3.5TH-probably in lieu of the competition that will have a ~3.3Th machine for a bulk price of what was posted here already (very low indeed if it is true).  
I sincerely hope they would seriously reduce the S7 "lite" price even if this would kill the aftermarket price of S7 "large".
Or, maybe they already have a 14/16nm solution?

I think its something like the batch 2 being the rejects from Batch 1 except even more unstable at higher freqs than the batch 2's... therefore they have to really drop the clockrate to get the 3.5TH/s and stability

Those units that do not make the advertising claims of 4.8TH/s are money thrown out the window if they don't make them work somehow. So it would make sense to throw them through a rework process, if they still don't preform, then lower the clock rate and look for the stability sweet spot and sell them as a de-rated S7.

The S7 B2's were de-rated to 575Mhz clock, maybe the S7 B5's are the real flunkers and are clocked for stability at 500Mhz clockrate.

Before tossing the ones that don't meet spec into the hopper and take the loss, I would re-work them and look for a workaround to recover some cash from the QC fail units.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

I have the same question.  How much could they really be saving on two controller boards.  I think I would rather have the extra controller boards just in case one of them breaks you're not down 4.8th for a month trying to get a replacement.
legendary
Yea, those are nice.... my DataLogger switch cost be $0.89 /lb .... at a Goodwill outlet  .... something like $3-$4 it cost...  Grin

LOL nice I didn't know they sold those things by weight.
legendary

I just believe if and/or when 14/16nm chips are available in rigs, they will be quite pricey.  
They are taking preorders and have a price for bulk buyers
“The miners are now available for pre-order at a price of 0.87 BTC with a minimum order of 333 miners which is 1 petahash,” Virgilio Lizardo Jr., Head of International at Bitbank told Bitcoin Magazine in an exclusive interview. “This price will be available until November 11, 2015. This winter, the miners will be available with no minimum order required; the price at this time has not been decided yet.”
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bw-to-launch-nm-chip-and-miner-for-general-population-1445278227

I wonder if anybody will do a group buy.

New batch is apparently in 10days and will be deprecated to 3.5TH-probably in lieu of the competition that will have a ~3.3Th machine for a bulk price of what was posted here already (very low indeed if it is true).  
I sincerely hope they would seriously reduce the S7 "lite" price even if this would kill the aftermarket price of S7 "large".
Very interesting sir.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

So the 14nm chip is 12 month preorder?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Thanks all for the suggestions. It's much appreciated Smiley
Bitmain is all sold out of all S7s Batch 1, 2, and 3.  

SPECULATION (without any facts)

Is there an introduction of a new product? Maybe with the new chip.

Are they releasing the new S7+

Are they now trying to catch up?

Are they freezing sales to avoid loss with the increased BTC value?

Just Saying

My guess is that they are trying to get all b1/2/3 out the door, then when they are caught up they will have another batch. Based on the QA\QC issues they had I will be surprised that they will be releasing a new s7+ in the short term. If I was them I would be mining with them and not selling them, at least to see if the price swings to $300.

Ufo
S7+ can be made from 3 s7's with 6 long hash cables. The chassis just slide together tongue and groove.
Just use one of the controllers.

Once I get my S7's I'll be making some longer has board cables to do just that... 1 controller, 3 S7's = 1 S7 super

One piece 15th miner with one controller.
Only down side is that you have to take down 15th to work on it instead of 5th

Kinda lost me on that one.  I don't know what a 15th miner or 5th miner is.  How does it impact the bottom line?
One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)
Three s7 bonded together 5th+5th+5th=15th

Haha, Thanks Wolfen!  I get it.  Are there any impacts to the operation of the units by doing this that would make it more efficient or productive?

Yes

Less power
Spare controller actually two
Does controller use that much juice?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Just Saying

My guess is that they are trying to get all b1/2/3 out the door, then when they are caught up they will have another batch. Based on the QA\QC issues they had I will be surprised that they will be releasing a new s7+ in the short term. If I was them I would be mining with them and not selling them, at least to see if the price swings to $300.

Ufo
S7+ can be made from 3 s7's with 6 long hash cables. The chassis just slide together tongue and groove.

Once I get my S7's I'll be making some longer has board cables to do just that... 1 controller, 3 S7's = 1 S7 super

Kinda lost me on that one.  I don't know what a 15th miner or 5th miner is.  How does it impact the bottom line?
One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)

Haha, Thanks Wolfen!  I get it.  Are there any impacts to the operation of the units by doing this that would make it more efficient or productive?

Yes

Less power
Spare controller actually two.

less pcie cables
less cat 5/6  cables
and it you run 2 s-7+  you save power on 4 controllers plus less ethernet switches.

sine you use 2 cat5/6 cables not 6 cat5/6 cables
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Wolfen,
Thanks for the idea. I never thought of that and I'll definitely keep that in my back pocket of options Smiley However, I'd like to be able to do it properly just so I know how.

Why not just log into your remote router and set up port forwards to specific IP and port 80.
Then you can just use your external IP address along with a port in your browser and connect to individual units.

Something like this EXTERNAL PORT START: 6969 / EXTERNAL PORT END: 6969    -  INTERNAL PORT START: 80 / INTERNAL PORT END: 80 - INTERNAL IP ADDRESS 192.168.0.X
Was a bit worried about the s7 farm I'm putting together but these babies sing.
Lots of internal/external connections.
Very pleased folks.

Just Saying

Ufo

Kinda lost me on that one.  I don't know what a 15th miner or 5th miner is.  How does it impact the bottom line?
One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)

Haha, Thanks Wolfen!  I get it.  Are there any impacts to the operation of the units by doing this that would make it more efficient or productive?

Don't really know. Would have to run one and see. Cables not that hard to make or buy.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Just Saying

Ufo

One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)

Just Saying

Ufo

One s7=5th/s (4.8th/s)
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

I just believe if and/or when 14/16nm chips are available in rigs, they will be quite pricey.  
They are taking preorders and have a price for bulk buyers
“The miners are now available for pre-order at a price of 0.87 BTC with a minimum order of 333 miners which is 1 petahash,” Virgilio Lizardo Jr., Head of International at Bitbank told Bitcoin Magazine in an exclusive interview. “This price will be available until November 11, 2015. This winter, the miners will be available with no minimum order required; the price at this time has not been decided yet.”
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bw-to-launch-nm-chip-and-miner-for-general-population-1445278227

I just got back from Five Guys & Fries.  Thanks for the link.  I'm going to check it out.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Just Saying

Ufo

Just Saying

Ufo

Jump to: