Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 271. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
It appears that my Sep 29 B3 order has been shipped per UPS 😀
Very good to hear this, anyone else?

Yes.

B3 Order from 2015-10-08 shipped  2015-10-12  DHL

Shipment picked up  Friday, October 23, 2015
Departed Facility in SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC   Saturday, October 24, 2015  

Estimated Delivery:

Wednesday, October 28, 2015
By End of Day

still nothing on me...bought and paid S7 (B2) on 2015-10-01 05:08:38 AND 2015-10-08 06:40:22
but i received antRouter without any update from bitmain..after i received they updated the status shipped and put tracking number......
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Check this out (from pcfli, who might have the inside track):
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12769055

New batch is apparently in 10days and will be deprecated to 3.5TH-probably in lieu of the competition that will have a ~3.3Th machine for a bulk price of what was posted here already (very low indeed if it is true).  
I sincerely hope they would seriously reduce the S7 "lite" price even if this would kill the aftermarket price of S7 "large".
Or, maybe they already have a 14/16nm solution?

I think its something like the batch 2 being the rejects from Batch 1 except even more unstable at higher freqs than the batch 2's... therefore they have to really drop the clockrate to get the 3.5TH/s and stability

Those units that do not make the advertising claims of 4.8TH/s are money thrown out the window if they don't make them work somehow. So it would make sense to throw them through a rework process, if they still don't preform, then lower the clock rate and look for the stability sweet spot and sell them as a de-rated S7.

The S7 B2's were de-rated to 575Mhz clock, maybe the S7 B5's are the real flunkers and are clocked for stability at 500Mhz clockrate.

Before tossing the ones that don't meet spec into the hopper and take the loss, I would re-work them and look for a workaround to recover some cash from the QC fail units.

Can anyone else confirm this?  Saw I was beat to posting.  Just wondering if anyone else is getting same info seems like a big jump down if true.  I wonder what design is if they lose over 1T

Very interesting and a very big drop.The OP indicates a reduction in the number of chips and the simplest way to get it would be to go for a 2 Board version?

However to get 3.5TH from 2 of the current Boards you would need to run at 650MHz to give 3510TH which given the underclocked releases we have seen from 600MHz to 575MHz & 550MHz could be a problem?

650MHz is within the capability of the chip however the core voltage would be a little low for that hash rate. So if 2 boards I think they might need to change the number of chips on the boards?

The above does not quite adds up so perhaps the other approach would be to depopulate the boards reducing each from 18 tripples to 18 doubles. So total chips from 162 to 108? However unless you up the clock rate you still fall a bit short of 3.5TH, but in either scheme 3.1TH - 3.2TH  would work. We will have to wait & see.  Smiley

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Batch 3 is back up.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506

New batch is apparently in 10days and will be deprecated to 3.5TH-probably in lieu of the competition that will have a ~3.3Th machine for a bulk price of what was posted here already (very low indeed if it is true).  
I sincerely hope they would seriously reduce the S7 "lite" price even if this would kill the aftermarket price of S7 "large".

I think its something like the batch 2 being the rejects from Batch 1 except even more unstable at higher freqs than the batch 2's... therefore they have to really drop the clockrate to get the 3.5TH/s and stability

Those units that do not make the advertising claims of 4.8TH/s are money thrown out the window if they don't make them work somehow. So it would make sense to throw them through a rework process, if they still don't preform, then lower the clock rate and look for the stability sweet spot and sell them as a de-rated S7.

The S7 B2's were de-rated to 575Mhz clock, maybe the S7 B5's are the real flunkers and are clocked for stability at 500Mhz clockrate.

Before tossing the ones that don't meet spec into the hopper and take the loss, I would re-work them and look for a workaround to recover some cash from the QC fail units.

Can anyone else confirm this?  Saw I was beat to posting.  Just wondering if anyone else is getting same info seems like a big jump down if true.  I wonder what design is if they lose over 1T

And what will be happend with our S7's 4860ghs? are we running it overclocked, then? and what will be the price in second hand?  Huh Angry
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Can anyone else confirm this?  Saw I was beat to posting.  Just wondering if anyone else is getting same info seems like a big jump down if true.  I wonder what design is if they lose over 1T
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
 got tracking for 1 out of 10 s7 batch  3 today. I loged into my bitmain account and it shows 3 where shipped though (But I havent not recivd any tracking on 2 of hem), maybe they put 3 in one box? I wonder when the other 7 will go out?

I will keep you guys updated :-) According to DHL I will have my first s7 on Tuesday, whoot whoot,.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Can someone who has updated verify if overclocking is still available in the frequency selection please?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
hey wolfen - yes i put my hand at the back and it stopped whistling..... I think the fan is just sucking air too strongly.... any ideas how to cure this permanently?

haven't done the 600 upgrade yet, mine is stock 575 but running very stable.

Everything was quiet for about 5 or 6 hours when I got all nine of them going.  Then, I had one do it for about 5 minutes before I went downstairs to loosen the screws a bit on every rig cause I could not tell which one was making the noise.  After about an hour or so the noise stopped.  So, if the screws on the fan had anything to do with it, I'm not sure.  It's been a week now and the noise has never come back.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I love my S7!  I only wish i could afford another one :/
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
hey wolfen - yes i put my hand at the back and it stopped whistling..... I think the fan is just sucking air too strongly.... any ideas how to cure this permanently?

haven't done the 600 upgrade yet, mine is stock 575 but running very stable.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
Wow wolfen, you are averaging over a post per page. 148 pages of you. That must feel pretty accomplishing? Signature campaign here you come.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
I configured all my s7s in my kitchen yesterday.
Some fans caused my table to vibrate, fans out of balance.
Not too many, 3 out of 15 maybe.

Uploaded new 600 firmware, everything good so far.

batch 3 seems to be popping up and going away for a while.
Hi Guys,

Just setup my S7 and at full operation running after a few minutes, there a whistling sound - is this normal?

TMT
When I hold my hand near the back it seems to stop it.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Batch 3 is up again on bitmaintech

and it's gone...or at least I don't see it up now.

Hi Guys,

Just setup my S7 and at full operation running after a few minutes, there a whistling sound - is this normal?

TMT

not sure what you are referring to. Usually there is a pretty solid sound. I had one S7 where push fan's grille was overtightened and it was producing a screeching noise that disappeared after I eased one or two fan screws a quarter or half turn.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Hi Guys,

TMT
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
I am extremely curious to see what BW brings to the table to compete with Bitmain.
I was telling someone the other day all it would take is someone with the right mindset and money to dominate the home miner market. Especially if they buy market share.
If they bring a great product and have great customer service there may be a price war to live for.
The perfect storm for us little guys would be the .1 - .2 range in a 3 - 5 TH machine which allowed people to downlock or change the fans if they want. We do have many co-mining peers who need the ability to run without the noise from a big server psu and miner. Then there are also many of us who don't care about the noise and will blast at full rockin speed as long as it is efficient.

The holy grail would be something so efficient the cost of power didn't matter versus a reasonably low price of bitcoin. Even people paying 20 cents/KWH being able to mine and make good money due to a technological advance would equal great distribution because so many people would maximise power usage and fill any area with a miner. I know my shop, house, and any buildings I could get my hands on would be full  versus right now there is no way I would go that "all in". I have kiddos to put through college, help buy vehicles, retirement to think of in a couple of decades, etc, and oh keep my small part of the world turning and burning.

A fella can dream though, so he may as well dream big...

I would be happy with an S7 equivalent or better from a company where the policy reflects customer service first and throw in those couple of things with a price tag of around $950 USD. Talk about difficulty explosion.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like the Sfards scenario.  Everything looked great until they stopped talking. I am very surprised anyone bought a unit at their list price, much less a reseller charging even more. I sincerely hope the people who did purchase their Sfard's miners are on their way to a decent ROI via Litecoin and Bitcoin. Those kinds of things sound and look great, but I have heard from too many people it is a sales tactic, and I remember reading that even Sfards states to run one or the other and that even though it will run that way, it is far from optimal functionality and that you should stick with one coin at a time.

My S7 has been good to me so far. I've had it under power for a week today and it has a strangely consistent hashrate. I am used to all of my miners GH/S(avg) fluctuating much more than this S7. It is almost like there was a speed display hardcoded heh. All of my S3, S4, S5, S5+ miners deviate a much larger amount relative to my first S7. It is almost rock solid at GH/S(avg) 4,853.93   
It takes a couple of minutes to even see a change to 4,853.90.
Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about it. I am happy it is consistent and isn't jumping at the rate my S5+ does. The S5+ is usually in the 7,670.97 range. Sometimes I hit 7,700.00 ish, but rarely. Usually it is 7,670.97 to 7,500.00 ish.
As I mentioned, even my other S5s, S4s, and S3s deviate a great deal more than the S7. Again, a good thing, but with what some other people received for their 2 grand of btc for one miner I expected more inconsistency. The 5s timer hops around a bit more as you would expect, but the average is a hodler. I sincerely hope no one finds a legitimate negative reason for hashrate holding solid versus a 10 - 30 GHS variation per TH. When I see a miner sold to be 7.8 and it does 7.6 to 7.65 to 7.5 constantly bouncing around different average speeds it can get a little frustrating shelling out $2,500 bucks, but hey it is mining, it is a gamble. Believe it or not I do not point out every little thing about anyone's miner.
But yeah, please no one find a reason for this anomaly. It would break my heart and no one wants to see a giant cry Tongue

Someone in the marketplace subforum mentioned people are mining with every miner they have at the moment due to current BTC pricing. I better go mod and load up some S3s I was bout to sell so I can keep up with the Jones's, or, am I supposed to say the Kardashian's at this point in pop culture?

One last thing, and while trivial, I do expect better from our news, and what I assume is a news sit used by many people.
In the BW article they state this:
In a Bitcoin Magazine exclusive, BW was introduced to the community. Now it wants impact that same community.

"Now it wants impact".

May I buy a vowel please? How about a T?  or, maybe an O?

You will never see me correct the spelling or grammar of anyone here or on any forum, mine is nowhere close to above average, much less right on, but man, surely they have copy editors, or at a minimum BW.com would proof it and request a change. WE need Professional people in our bitcoin communities. People who work at least 14 hours per day, 6 days a week, 362 days a year until they have things rolling with tha homies. They need to have a different person than who does the work, check that person's work. You shouldn't ever rely on one person to check their own work before it hits the streets. Just my two pops for the evening.

...and just to make sure there are not any doubts...
I said my S7 is running well and I think the S7 I received is not only the most efficient, but the most professional looking and operating Bitmain miner I have ran to date. For a small nano farmer like me this isn't a decent size sample from a large farm, but it is a large amount of data being compared from a small amount of miners and from someone who logs, watches, compares, and records a variety of information from every miner in my farm at least once per day.

Glad to see more people are receiving their remaining B1, 2?, and B3 orders. I sincerely hope people keep posting their results. We really need to see a large sample of every situation. Let us hear you if your units are running great like Prelude's, or, if not we need to hear those specifics as well.

A guy can dream, and if by some small miracle another company steps to the plate, lets have a decent sample posted here in the forum to help each other make more informed decisions.

Have 30 amp psu's with two 15amp banks. Stuck 3 s7's on one bank and popped the 15 amp breaker. Pull a bit more juice than s5 .
My corsair rm1000 psu's come with nice fat flat cables. They work well. And comes with four.
I use two on each hash board plus one of the daisy chains on one.
I power the controller with one of the daisy chains and two main cables plus daisy chain on the other hash board.
Running like a top.
Ready to upload the firmware.
Activity: 182
Does it ping you when there is a problem?

Haven't had a problem yet. Smiley

Ufo
Looks cool
Using m'sminermonitor and multiminer currently, can't have too many

I was looking for something I could manage/monitor on my smartphone, so it was a perfect fit for me.

Ufo
Does it ping you when there is a problem?
Activity: 182
Looks cool
Using m'sminermonitor and multiminer currently, can't have too many

I was looking for something I could manage/monitor on my smartphone, so it was a perfect fit for me.

Ufo
Jump to: