Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 277. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
These Batch 2 and 3 miners probably won't get shipped until,

* Price of BTC goes to $300-$315 and reverses back down. I think they are holding them right now and mining with them so they can dump.

*Or will ship them on November 5th as its the last delay day.

Mining is very profitable at the moment.

yeah while it is a bit annoying.  I do have 2 mining as I type.  both work fine.

I finally got my Batch 1 units, two of them. One does 4.88 avg while the other 4.63-4.68. Are a lot of people seeing this?

I paid the full price of batch 1 and pretty pissed I got a batch 2 unit, guessing by the hash rate. I tried to OC it to 618 and 625, but not much difference, a lot more HW errors with minimal hash gain.

Out of curiosity do they have the stickers on the hashing board showing freq? I don't blame you for being mad on it.

Please let us know if Bitmain gives partial refund.  And also what they do on compensation amount on being late if you dont mind.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500

* Price of BTC goes to $300-$315 and reverses back down. I think they are holding them right now and mining with them so they can dump.

yeah while it is a bit annoying.  I do have 2 mining as I type.  both work fine.

I finally got my Batch 1 units, two of them. One does 4.88 avg while the other 4.63-4.68. Are a lot of people seeing this?

I paid the full price of batch 1 and pretty pissed I got a batch 2 unit, guessing by the hash rate. I tried to OC it to 618 and 625, but not much difference, a lot more HW errors with minimal hash gain.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I have not got it ever to work either.   I have not looked into it in past month or so though. But it always seemed to be a upcoming thing.

Looking there is just one download on site: https://www.minerlink.com/download.htm it's to detect IP's of miners.  So I'm guessing it is still down.

Yeah, I used that to detect my miners. Seems kind of weird to go through all of the effort to build a nice website and configuration into the miners and not do anything with it.

Ufo
legendary
Any suggestions or offers on minerlink.com?

I don't think it ever worked...  It never worked on any of my S5's, they announced it and then just sort of gave up on it for whatever reason.

In other news, I see that the S7 Batch 3 done, no more to buy, although there still are some Batch 2's, if anyone wants those.

I have a couple S7's in B3, and none of them have shipped (to my knowledge), but they updated my invoice for whatever reason today.

I have not got it ever to work either.   I have not looked into it in past month or so though. But it always seemed to be a upcoming thing.

Looking there is just one download on site: https://www.minerlink.com/download.htm it's to detect IP's of miners.  So I'm guessing it is still down.
Activity: 687
Merit: 511

I don't think it ever worked...  It never worked on any of my S5's, they announced it and then just sort of gave up on it for whatever reason.

In other news, I see that the S7 Batch 3 done, no more to buy, although there still are some Batch 2's, if anyone wants those.

I have a couple S7's in B3, and none of them have shipped (to my knowledge), but they updated my invoice for whatever reason today.
Does minerlink.com work or does it not work for me? I registered all of them to www.minerlink.com:2000 and enabled it in the settings. None of them show up, so not sure if it is something on my side or what. I read on the internet that it was "soon" to be released, so I found it odd that it was so polished. I looked for documentation on it and it is very light. I need something that allows me to change all of my miners and doing it manually per miner is a pain.

Ufo
legendary

No B2/B3 miners will ever get shipped out until then.

But...but...wolfen said..... Cheesy Cheesy

Honestly he needs to take a step back and  before posting so much in this one thread.  I honestly hope this happens.  Or people will have to maybe ignore button.

It turn's a good hardware thread into a questioning, and almost mis-information campaign.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

But...but...wolfen said..... Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

I'm not wanting to come across as though I'm attacking you cause I'm not.

I just don't think that type of accusation promotes a healthy relationship between BITMAIN and the miners they sell rigs to.  I would rather refrain from such accusations without proof.  There may have been proof in the past in some cases.  However, that does not mean they would do it now.

The proof are in the charts.

Bitmain is a business, their number one goal is to make a profit. This is what keeps the investors happy because it makes the balance sheet look profitable. You really think their #1 priority is to keep retail customers happy? That's the reason why other manufactures don't sell to the public and just mine on their own.

On Aug 30th when the S7 was announced the price of BTC/CNY was 1450. Right now its 1800. Basically a 25% gain.

Looking at the charts, BTC/CNY will most likely hit 1900/2000 before heading lower and before November 5th. That's a staggering 38% gain in price.

Right now mining is highly profitable so if they can and are pretty much legally allowed to mine until November 5th, why not.

If the BTC/USD price breaks the $300-$320 and heads towards the $400-600 range, guess what. The B3 will be the last batch of the S7 that Bitmain will ever be selling to us.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
you can't jerk these things around too much as you don't know when bad luck will change to super good luck (I wish i could, but it is random).
it takes a while sometimes. I often see petahashes sloshing around chasing luck.

There have been 17ph jumping in and out of Antpool the last few blocks Tongue

Ufo

it's like daytrading in stocks; it won't work long term, but you can get lucky a few times.
you can't jerk these things around too much as you don't know when bad luck will change to super good luck (I wish i could, but it is random).
it takes a while sometimes. I often see petahashes sloshing around chasing luck.

There have been 17ph jumping in and out of Antpool the last few blocks Tongue

Ufo
legendary
My luck on Antpool the last week right before the difficulty adjustment and good coin prices!!!!!

24 Hours   3 Day          1 Week   2 Weeks   1 Month   3 Months   All
76.00%   83.00%   94.00%   103.00%   101.00%   100.00%   101.00%

Yes, I have moved half of them to f2pool after noticing how little I made today.

Ufo

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

I'm not wanting to come across as though I'm attacking you cause I'm not.

I just don't think that type of accusation promotes a healthy relationship between BITMAIN and the miners they sell rigs to.  I would rather refrain from such accusations without proof.  There may have been proof in the past in some cases.  However, that does not mean they would do it now.
My luck on Antpool the last week right before the difficulty adjustment and good coin prices!!!!!

24 Hours   3 Day          1 Week   2 Weeks   1 Month   3 Months   All
76.00%   83.00%   94.00%   103.00%   101.00%   100.00%   101.00%

Yes, I have moved half of them to f2pool after noticing how little I made today.

Ufo
legendary

to buy bitcoin a few weeks back, then ordering batch 2,3 now would be profitable too.
b2 is going for less than 6BTC, shipped.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
My question for the  day is anyone other then Wolfen   get a real track number for batches 2 or 3.

I have a batch 2 order, but no news yet  Sad
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
My question for the  day is anyone other then Wolfen   get a real track number for batches 2 or 3.

So far only Wolfen says he is getting a batch 2 order in.

legendary
what is the diameter of the S7 fan ?
i want use a duct adaptor for 2x 200mm fan (high flow, high pressure, low noise).  Cool

the square fan does not fit into a 6 inch duct.

the square fan does fit into a 7 inch duct.

read my thread on how I fit the square fan into a six inch duct.  wait for link

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12500685

Didn't we all go through the Sesame Street  triangle peg / square hole .... round peg / square hole ..... square peg / round hole ( although one of my daughters friends just might like that ) .....

it all comes down to the size of your hammer...  Shocked

Only thing is these miners were not built as child proof Smiley.  You pull out your hammer and make that square fit in a 6 in circle... I have a feeling the fan breaks.

And that would ruin warranty as not you cannot even replace fan without bitmain's allowing it.  Which may seem crazy but you cannot do a lot now without voiding warranty.
Jump to: