Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 290. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

I just got a UPS notification for Package Scheduled for Delivery Tomorrow.  I do have 5 orders outstanding, but didn't know that any were shipped. 
What is your order and payment date thanks
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

I just got a UPS notification for Package Scheduled for Delivery Tomorrow.  I do have 5 orders outstanding, but didn't know that any were shipped. 
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
I did not want to take up space on this thread with multiple screenshots of the "miner status" of all nine S7's.  Here are the results after 24 hours of use.  Look at the "average" [GH/s (avg)] hash rate at 4.8+ TH/s.  Look at the HWE% as well out to the right of HW in their proper columns.  I'm quite impressed.  You can click on the screenshot of each S7 in the link provided to maximize the screenshot then click again to minimize.

Screenshots of all nine (9) S7's:  http://imgur.com/a/v5690

Very Cool dmwardjr!!!  All at 4.8th/s---Very Cool!

Yes, I thought it was "quite cool" as well, Aries.  I'm impressed with the noise factor as well.  Sounds to me about the same decibels as the S5.  My IBM 2880W PSU's are louder than the S7.

Have you tried m'santmonitor?

No, Wolfen, I have not.  Any recommendations?  Heading to a pumpkin patch with my wife and 4 year old.  I will be away for about 3 hours.
Enjoy sir, I'll post a link

http://96.44.166.190/MMinerMonitor52.zip

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ms-miner-antsp-monitor-v52-alertsautomassscheduled-rebootmobile-miner-596178

Multiminer works great also for monitoring
Saves me a lot of grief
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
I did not want to take up space on this thread with multiple screenshots of the "miner status" of all nine S7's.  Here are the results after 24 hours of use.  Look at the "average" [GH/s (avg)] hash rate at 4.8+ TH/s.  Look at the HWE% as well out to the right of HW in their proper columns.  I'm quite impressed.  You can click on the screenshot of each S7 in the link provided to maximize the screenshot then click again to minimize.

Yes, I thought it was "quite cool" as well, Aries.  I'm impressed with the noise factor as well.  Sounds to me about the same decibels as the S5.  My IBM 2880W PSU's are louder than the S7.

No, Wolfen, I have not.  Any recommendations?  Heading to a pumpkin patch with my wife and 4 year old.  I will be away for about 3 hours.

M'sminermonitor sorry
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Very Cool dmwardjr!!!  All at 4.8th/s---Very Cool!

Yes, I thought it was "quite cool" as well, Aries.  I'm impressed with the noise factor as well.  Sounds to me about the same decibels as the S5.  My IBM 2880W PSU's are louder than the S7.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
What PSU are you running with? S7 needs a solid 12V, ideally 12.2V when under full load. If you have a multimeter check the voltage actually getting to the PCIE sockets.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
I've been having issues with my review copy S7 the last day or so, with it not getting even close to the advertised 4.86 TH/s.

I've tried the following:

-reset the miner to factory settings
-physically turn off the miner and turn it on again
-restart it in the software (tried this about 7 times)
-downclock it to 575 MHz as well as 593 MHz

I'm getting fairly high HW error rates (at 593MHz I was getting 2% HW error rates, about 0.2% @ 575MHz) and low hashrates (between 2TH/s and 4TH/s) - I was reading through this thread a week or two ago and noticed others had similar issues, did anyone ever find a fix for these problems?
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

I have been running 5 batch 1 for a little over 2 weeks.  2 at 4.7th/s and 2 at 4.5th/s and 1 at 4.4th/s.  They are running and I am happy with that, but I don't see the 4.8th/s that everyone is getting.

3 days, 16 hours for me with 2 units:  4854 and 4845.

I am rather surprised by the volatility though.  Here is a chart from BitcoinCZ with my (2) S7s, (3) S4s, and (1) S3:  http://puu.sh/kOKPC/e46870370a.png

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hello once again.
Im a newbie in this scene, but already purchased a S7.... not delivered yet...

I've got 2 questions (doubts).
1) What kind of payment should i use: PPLNS or PPS.
I know that PPS has a fee, but is it worh it?

2) For people already running a S7 24/7 day, How much BC/day are we talking?

Thanks.

lets say you use f2pool  they charge 4%  but they toss you some NMC  this drops you to about 2%

they pay on time every day 1 time a day.

so now they pay .00792982 per th

so a s-7 = 4.8 th

so they pay you 4.8 x .00792982 = 0.038063136 btc  every day and  7x that in NMC that is 0.266 nmc a day

so your gear will earn

0.03806 btc
0.00037 btc = the free nmc they gvie

0.03843 btc total  each day every day    when they send it to you the charge is 0.0002 so your net is 0.03841 for the s-7

each and every day. 
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Hello once again.

Thanks.

1) Both will yield roughly the same result IN THE LONG RUN (minus the fee). PPS pays per each share you submit to the pool, PPLNS pays per N last shares when a block is found (where N depends on the pool) so PPLNS payouts depend on pool luck whereas PPS payouts don't. Whether having a steady stream of BTC instead of ups and downs is worth the fee - that's up to you.

2) Depends on your power costs. Use a calculator, e.g. https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator
About 0.040 BTC per day
Activity: 65
Hello once again.

Thanks.
legendary
Mine for a Bit
A 503 error is usually due to human intervention - maintenance or.....for a reason. As it's been down for quite a few hours now, I'll go with "for a reason".

They might have pulled it to stop sales of batch 2/3.  They needed to do it somtime soon.   So possible they pulled it down during US time and work on it with more of the workforce during China time, it's now morning there.   They really have not had a ton of time in China yet to fix it.

And also with price of coin we could see increase.  They could have  a meeting or  two on that before putting it up with another batch.

They wouldn't take the site down to remove quantity or products from sales.

One would think.  I have not tried to hit up any BM contacts.  But it is China daytime now.

Do you have any idea why they are down?

No, its a Sunday so no one is on.

I'm thinking someone got told to go in and work on it.  The website is now up again.

I don't see anything really different after a quick glance.

With the Bitcoin being so favorable, I went ahead and made another purchase of another S7 B3.  Hoping this time I can get one that runs 4.8th/s.  I already have 5 S7s that wont touch 4.8th/s.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
A 503 error is usually due to human intervention - maintenance or.....for a reason. As it's been down for quite a few hours now, I'll go with "for a reason".

They might have pulled it to stop sales of batch 2/3.  They needed to do it somtime soon.   So possible they pulled it down during US time and work on it with more of the workforce during China time, it's now morning there.   They really have not had a ton of time in China yet to fix it.

And also with price of coin we could see increase.  They could have  a meeting or  two on that before putting it up with another batch.

One would think.  I have not tried to hit up any BM contacts.  But it is China daytime now.

I'm thinking someone got told to go in and work on it.  The website is now up again.

I don't see anything really different after a quick glance.
legendary
Mine for a Bit

Very Cool dmwardjr!!!  All at 4.8th/s---Very Cool!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 11

Generally speaking though, why should anyone ever generalize a whole country of people, especially those one is doing business with, with insulting and degrading speech such as that?

Bitmain has been kind enough to supply us with what is presently the most energy efficient mining hardware available, and sure they are having some hiccups, but those who have received miners in this thread are a testament to the fact that they are trying to get us product.

As mentioned, nobody else is... So can we stop bashing the Chinese as a whole people  / Country in here and concentrate on the S7 miners?

Well said, Questor.

I'm getting tired of people using the word, "Chinese," in such negative connotations.  Can't we all just get along without negative denotations regarding one's ethnicity?  It's completely unnecessary and profits no one.

Bitmain, truly has been supportive of the home miner and those who aspire to have larger farms.  This is not a perfect world and everyone [Including corporations] are not perfect either.  We might find Bitmain more generous in their dealings with us if we would be more supportive in their contribution to our community.  Railing at them in this forum and emails serves only to divide us instead of unifying us as a community.

So, let us chill with the negative connotations towards one's ethnicity and learn to get along with each other.

Cheers M8
Your are absolutely right brothers think positive be positive
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Generally speaking though, why should anyone ever generalize a whole country of people, especially those one is doing business with, with insulting and degrading speech such as that?

Bitmain has been kind enough to supply us with what is presently the most energy efficient mining hardware available, and sure they are having some hiccups, but those who have received miners in this thread are a testament to the fact that they are trying to get us product.

As mentioned, nobody else is... So can we stop bashing the Chinese as a whole people  / Country in here and concentrate on the S7 miners?

Well said, Questor.

I'm getting tired of people using the word, "Chinese," in such negative connotations.  Can't we all just get along without negative denotations regarding one's ethnicity?  It's completely unnecessary and profits no one.

Bitmain, truly has been supportive of the home miner and those who aspire to have larger farms.  This is not a perfect world and everyone [Including corporations] are not perfect either.  We might find Bitmain more generous in their dealings with us if we would be more supportive in their contribution to our community.  Railing at them in this forum and emails serves only to divide us instead of unifying us as a community.

So, let us chill with the negative connotations towards one's ethnicity and learn to get along with each other.

Cheers M8
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Jump to: