Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 294. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Just for reference, when was your order/paid date?

9/7
Activity: 71
Where exactly is your 'free' power supplied from? ...

Being in a position that I can run any electrical equipment of my choosing at a facility I have full oversight over. No issues and have carte blanche. But that's my buswax.  Wink

Indeed.  You didn't say you own the business, and if you did you wouldn't regard or refer to the power as 'free', perhaps as deduction and the tax percentage difference ... So basically you're performing what's known as 'theft of services' from your employer because you have a high ranking position... for shame.  At least it's now clear what 'free' means to you, pilfered from some other person's plate.  And you speak of "scruples"!

Is your company publicly traded or are you just shafting the private owners by stealing their power?

Remember kids:

Their Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

----------------------------------------------------------

BackOnTopic:

My four S7's have been performing as expected since arrival, though Eligius is having a bad time the last day, and that's super harsh, hopefully we see a few 1,000% luck rounds to balance this out.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
So batch 2 needs to ship by  Nov  5  or comp plan kicks in.

Batch 3 same day  The 5th.

I have to go back and read comp plan.

so a 4.6 miner would be  0.038 btc in a day x .975 = 0.03705 btc

power is 2.71 usd a day   so

______
7.21  a day

My miner is marked shipped but no ups info

How many have a B2 or B3 on the way?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Still waiting on orders that I paid with Bitcoin:

9/9     (B1) Unshipped
9/1     (B1) Unshipped
9/29   (B3) Unshipped
10/03 (B3) Unshipped
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

I have not received any shipment information from bitmain except the same 9-28 ship date many of us received.

This is the delivery NFO from my UPS MyChoice account

Location   Date   Local Time   Activity

Anchorage, AK, United States   10/16/2015   7:43 P.M.   Departure Scan

10/16/2015   3:26 P.M.   Arrival Scan

10/16/2015   1:44 P.M.   The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.

Osaka, Japan   10/17/2015   1:10 A.M.   Departure Scan

10/16/2015   8:11 A.M.   The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final
release.

Osaka, Japan   10/16/2015   9:08 P.M.   Arrival Scan

Shenzhen, China   10/16/2015   7:05 P.M.   Departure Scan

10/16/2015   5:23 P.M.   Export Scan

10/16/2015   1:15 A.M.   Arrival Scan

10/16/2015   12:59 A.M.   Departure Scan

Shenzhen, China   10/15/2015   8:54 P.M.   Pickup Scan

10/15/2015   6:48 P.M.   Void Pickup

10/15/2015   6:48 P.M.   Pickup Scan

China   10/15/2015   3:56 A.M.   Order Processed: Ready for UPS

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
I envy you guys. I've got absolutely no shipping info. I called FedEx today so that they could do an "advanced" search. Nada.

For grins I checked the other carriers (in case Bitmain arbitrarily chose a different shipper). Also nothing.

So I ordered on 9/5 with BTC and there's absolutely no sign of shipping whatsoever. I wrote to Bitmain 3 days ago and got no answer.

I guess I should't spaz since Bitmain is supposed to compensate (such as it is). But I'd rather have the hardware in hand and under my control.

One nasty thought is that Bitmain did actually ship, but it's stuck in some customs delay that's not searchable by FedEx. Since I have no tracking info, I would never know and have no ability to resolve it.

Where's that whiskey...

I chose Fedex too.  Fedex called today asking for Tax info.
My units are in Japan, set to arrive on Monday the 19th.

Just for reference, when was your order/paid date?
Activity: 106
I envy you guys. I've got absolutely no shipping info. I called FedEx today so that they could do an "advanced" search. Nada.

For grins I checked the other carriers (in case Bitmain arbitrarily chose a different shipper). Also nothing.

So I ordered on 9/5 with BTC and there's absolutely no sign of shipping whatsoever. I wrote to Bitmain 3 days ago and got no answer.

I guess I should't spaz since Bitmain is supposed to compensate (such as it is). But I'd rather have the hardware in hand and under my control.

One nasty thought is that Bitmain did actually ship, but it's stuck in some customs delay that's not searchable by FedEx. Since I have no tracking info, I would never know and have no ability to resolve it.

Where's that whiskey...

I chose Fedex too.  Fedex called today asking for Tax info.
My units are in Japan, set to arrive on Monday the 19th.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Just checked and my order has made it to Japan which is a different route than most other times which took the miners thru Alaska. But so far so good and UPS says it will be here Monday the 19th.

The global distribution networks have 2 paths between almost all destinations, a slow and a fast one. The slow one is cheaper and more efficient because you can guarantee near 100% utilisation at all times, redundancy and volume. The fast one takes many fewer hops but the plane has to leave regardless of if its 40% or 80% full.

In the case of a package that is predicted to arrive local to the destination a Saturday via the fast route, they'll drop it to the slow one. Its going to be delivered on the Monday regardless, so why increase the cost for everyone? My Chinese packages take about 6 hops when they'll arrive locally on the weekend, else just 3.

Thanks for the explanation as I was thinking along those lines but was unsure of it.  
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Has anyone heard anything more about the hashrate equivalent compensation? Bitmain support is being.... Bitmain support! Just wondering if anyone has been offered this yet?

I doubt it very seriously.  BITMAIN, has limited resources (employees).  They already have their hands full with completing testing hash boards and shipping batches 1, 2 and 3.  I'm sure they will get around to compensation once they've caught up.  Patience, my fellow miner.  The compensation email to those requiring compensation will arrive in due time. It may take a couple of weeks but it will be taken care of in due time.

Bitmain is one of the biggest employers within Bitcoin companies. That being said they'll still concentrate on shipping orders, tracking and emails and do compensation later. They'll prefer to do it in batches and its not as if they're going anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Just checked and my order has made it to Japan which is a different route than most other times which took the miners thru Alaska. But so far so good and UPS says it will be here Monday the 19th.

The global distribution networks have 2 paths between almost all destinations, a slow and a fast one. The slow one is cheaper and more efficient because you can guarantee near 100% utilisation at all times, redundancy and volume. The fast one takes many fewer hops but the plane has to leave regardless of if its 40% or 80% full.

In the case of a package that is predicted to arrive local to the destination a Saturday via the fast route, they'll drop it to the slow one. Its going to be delivered on the Monday regardless, so why increase the cost for everyone? My Chinese packages take about 6 hops when they'll arrive locally on the weekend, else just 3.
legendary

Where's that whiskey...

My suspicion is they are shipping out the orders that had more units to reduce their compensation amount.

Ufo

My order from 9/8 was for only 1 miner.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)

Where's that whiskey...

Ouch! It is really bad business for BM to not post the shipping information.  This is the shipper name for my S7s as listed by UPS.  Maybe Fedex can reference this:

SHENZHEN CENTURY CLOUD CORE TECHNOL
SZX, CN
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Where's that whiskey...

My suspicion is they are shipping out the orders that had more units to reduce their compensation amount.

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

Where's that whiskey...

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
All nine miners and nine power supplies were scanned at 3:00 am CST, so I got eighteen texts one after another and woke everyone up at my house.

Still shows unshipped on bm.com, but it's waiting to clear the custom agency in China. At least progress at last....

Ufo

Thats good news.... mine is in Alaska now..but also shows "Unshipped"

Anchorage, AK, United States   10/16/2015   3:26 P.M.   Arrival Scan

Our packages are definitely traveling together so far.  Mine were scanned in Alaska at 3:26 PM also  Cheesy

All of mine too.

Passed customs in 2 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Will be interesting on S7 if btc keeps rising if they raise price of current batches.  They are getting cheaper in BTC with the decent raise in price.

If they would only throw some coupons on top of it might be a "good" deal.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
All nine miners and nine power supplies were scanned at 3:00 am CST, so I got eighteen texts one after another and woke everyone up at my house.

Still shows unshipped on bm.com, but it's waiting to clear the custom agency in China. At least progress at last....

Ufo

Our packages are definitely traveling together so far.  Mine were scanned in Alaska at 3:26 PM also  Cheesy
legendary

Ufo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1456
Here are a couple of data centers that specialize in hosting Bitcoin miners and their rates are way less than the $150-$300/KW/Month I keep seeing in this thread.
$60/KW/Month (CAD?), Great North Data, Canada (30 KW minimum)
$72/KW/Month, Lee Group in Chengdu, China (I ran 20 S5's here for 9 months - good company)
$80, $85, $90/KW/Month, Toomim Bros, Moses Lake, Washington, USA (they have a good reputation)

Sorry for the auto promotion, but I think I can add myself to the list since I have a competitive price.
58 USD / kW / Month. Cryptominer Canada, Montreal Canada. (No minimum, 15$ setup fee / miner). http://cryptominer.ca The website is very minimalistic, but I'll improve in the next month.

There is also allinvain who does Bitcoin hosting in Canada through Cryptoboreas. I think they have about the same rate as me.

Sounds truly great, but could you confirm the 5% import tax if equipment is coming from US, payable immediately?

I sure hope the relies aren't trying to imply what I think they are, if you are having the miners hosted the tax is not required.. I assume the hosting provider can work with you to sort that out.

I doubt it if shipped from bitmain. They are shipping like a legit company with value of miner.   So I don't think hosting can fix this.

They have a import tax, so you really cannot get around that without lying.  (unless they have a rule I don't know about)
Jump to: