Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 287. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

I just got a UPS notification for Package Scheduled for Delivery Tomorrow.  I do have 5 orders outstanding, but didn't know that any were shipped. 
What is your order and payment date thanks

Date    Batch   Bitmain Info
9/9      (B1)     Unshipped 
9/18    (B1)     Unshipped 
9/29    (B3)     Unshipped 
10/03  (B3)     Unshipped
10/18  (B3)     Unshipped

The 9/9 order I just received information through UPS that it is out for delivery today.

I just received the 9/9 and the 9/18 order today.  I received UPS update information on the 9/9 order, but not the 9/18 order.  CRAZY
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Well I figured out why my S7 is hashing so sporadically, looks like the PSU is indeed the issue. It's reading at about 11.5 - 11.6 V on the 12V, which is too low for the S7 as mentioned before.

Time to go PSU shopping!  Angry
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Mine has changed to "Unshipped" also...I guess it's to fix that little snafu.  I am concerned about hearing that 9/8 orders are being shipped and my 9/6 order is still silent.

Which shipper is yours coming?

These are slated for UPS...but they are going directly to Toomim Bros for hosting so I can't look for items being shipped to my address under MyUPS.

I stand corrected; they were SUPPOSED to be shipped directly to Toomim.  I just found all 4 packages scheduled to be shipped directly to me by the 19th.  My order/confirm date was 2015-09-06 22:25:04.  Now I know.

can't you redirect them?

Hopefully I can.  I have many options now that I'm not completly in the dark.

Okay, I tried to redirect the 4 packages to Toomim Bros located in Washington State and the UPS says "The address is not in close proximity with the original address."  Of course, I'm in Virginia which is on the east coast and Washington is on the west coast so that is about as far in proximity as you can get.

So, my 4 S7s will travel from China up through Alaska, down through Washington and east across the continental USA to Virginia.  Then I have to turn around and send them west across the continental USA back to Washington where the Toomim Bros data center is.  I must have done something wrong when I put Toomim's address on this order.  But hey, it will arrive 43 days after I placed the order and at some point in this process I almost gave up hope that I would ever see anything.  I feel relieved!

I was finally able to get UPS to redirect 1 of my S7s to Washington and now it is up and running with a pool-reported hash rate of 4.857 Th/s over the past hour.  My first S7 which I ordered from Batch 1 on September 6th and it appears to be running at full speed at stock settings.

My other 3 S7s are due to be delivered to my house here in Virginia within the next couple of hours.  I will have no choice but to ship them back out to Toomim Bros on my own as soon as they arrive.
That is excellent news.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
My order is stuck in customs and FedEx is asking for a better description of a "Bitcoin Miner". This is irritating because my first order was delivered without any customs nonsense.

The good news though is that at least I know where my miners are. I'm no longer in Bitmain limbo.

I can of course give them an answer. But does anyone have a concise description that you've successfully used in the past to get your miners through customs?

Currently I'm thinking somthing like this:

Specialized computer hardware whose sole purpose is to maintain the Bitcoin network by attempting to solve complex math problems.

If anyone has the magic language that worked for them, I'd appreciate it.

FYI, I used some of the language from this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/importexport-of-mining-hardware-620682

Hopefully that will work...

so, you already replied. What's wrong with "ASIC based computer/server"?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello i order and payment on 10th September yesterday s7 arrive on my city karachi airport it is in custom maybe tomorrow i have it bitmain still says its unshiped
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
My Batch 1 miners arrive today or at least the tracking numbers say so. Will fire them up tomorrow. Looks like Bitmain owes me for 6 days (shipped October 16). Doesn't sound right at all considering I paid for them 6 WEEKS ago.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
My order is stuck in customs and FedEx is asking for a better description of a "Bitcoin Miner". This is irritating because my first order was delivered without any customs nonsense.

The good news though is that at least I know where my miners are. I'm no longer in Bitmain limbo.

I can of course give them an answer. But does anyone have a concise description that you've successfully used in the past to get your miners through customs?

Specialized computer hardware whose sole purpose is to maintain the Bitcoin network by attempting to solve complex math problems.

FYI, I used some of the language from this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/importexport-of-mining-hardware-620682

Hopefully that will work...
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Mine has changed to "Unshipped" also...I guess it's to fix that little snafu.  I am concerned about hearing that 9/8 orders are being shipped and my 9/6 order is still silent.

Which shipper is yours coming?

These are slated for UPS...but they are going directly to Toomim Bros for hosting so I can't look for items being shipped to my address under MyUPS.

I stand corrected; they were SUPPOSED to be shipped directly to Toomim.  I just found all 4 packages scheduled to be shipped directly to me by the 19th.  My order/confirm date was 2015-09-06 22:25:04.  Now I know.

can't you redirect them?

Hopefully I can.  I have many options now that I'm not completly in the dark.

Okay, I tried to redirect the 4 packages to Toomim Bros located in Washington State and the UPS says "The address is not in close proximity with the original address."  Of course, I'm in Virginia which is on the east coast and Washington is on the west coast so that is about as far in proximity as you can get.

So, my 4 S7s will travel from China up through Alaska, down through Washington and east across the continental USA to Virginia.  Then I have to turn around and send them west across the continental USA back to Washington where the Toomim Bros data center is.  I must have done something wrong when I put Toomim's address on this order.  But hey, it will arrive 43 days after I placed the order and at some point in this process I almost gave up hope that I would ever see anything.  I feel relieved!

I was finally able to get UPS to redirect 1 of my S7s to Washington and now it is up and running with a pool-reported hash rate of 4.857 Th/s over the past hour.  My first S7 which I ordered from Batch 1 on September 6th and it appears to be running at full speed at stock settings.

My other 3 S7s are due to be delivered to my house here in Virginia within the next couple of hours.  I will have no choice but to ship them back out to Toomim Bros on my own as soon as they arrive.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

With my S7 it's working fine. HW went down big time

@beffje, thanks for posting this.

What's the input air temperature that gets you to 60°C? And how unpleasant is the fan noise at that speed (~2200RPM)?

not @beffje, but
it is only unpleasant at ~3900 rpm for my ears.
I would say that if you can get a S7 safely to 2200, then you will be surprised how little sound comes out of it (it is much less than S3, which was good).

Thanks

Less than the S3? Sounds almost to good to be true!
I have no choice but running the miner a few meters from my working desk, so the noise level is kind of critical... The S5 was a monster, I had to mount quieter fans but then it got hard to cool. Ambient air had to be ~20°C to keep the miner below 60°C.

How about the noise from APW3 PSU advertised by Bitmain?
Has a small fan (1 1/2 inch)but makes a bit of racket
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003
Received my two S7's today.  Grin

Order/Pay Date: 9-8-15      Shipped: 10-16-15      Received: 10-19-15
Order/Pay Date: 9-16-15      Shipped: 10-16-15      Received: 10-19-15

No brokerage fees, taxes, or any additional anything.

I will have them plugged in and running tonight when I get home.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

power all gear off.
fully disconnect the other psu.

okay it has 4 pcie cables that plug into the psu.

plug in 1 pcie cable to the controller
plug in the other 3 cables to just 1 board.

power up at freq 600

you should have 1 board on.

do what I say above and post  a  couple of screenshots of it mining.

one quick and one 20 minutes later.

What's the input air temperature that gets you to 60°C? And how unpleasant is the fan noise at that speed (~2200RPM)?

not @beffje, but
I would say that if you can get a S7 safely to 2200, then you will be surprised how little sound comes out of it (it is much less than S3, which was good).

Thanks

Less than the S3? Sounds almost to good to be true!
I have no choice but running the miner a few meters from my working desk, so the noise level is kind of critical... The S5 was a monster, I had to mount quieter fans but then it got hard to cool. Ambient air had to be ~20°C to keep the miner below 60°C.

How about the noise from APW3 PSU advertised by Bitmain?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

not @beffje, but

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
when I swap psu around; either psu works and I've test the terminals and they all read 12v as they should..

so.. red light on s5 = bad board?

should I troubleshoot the board or something..?
I sent email to antminer.. but I suspect it may take some time to hear from them..

***********just a sec.... I'll clarify with a pic...***************
Red light on s5 is good, if red light out bad.

Red light on controller board is normal.

Do you have a red light on each hash board near the power connectors?

so in the above pic, what is your diagnosis for that?
(and can it be fixed?)

[ thx for all support -- everyone btw ^_^ ]

Did you test with only 1 psu? I mean, only connect the control board and 2 hashing boards (or better, only one, but test all three). And try with the 2 psu...  Wink
good luck!
when I swap psu around; either psu works and I've test the terminals and they all read 12v as they should..

I sent email to antminer.. but I suspect it may take some time to hear from them..

(and can it be fixed?)

So it runs ok for a few days.
Then two boards out.
Then you cycle the power and it is ok again?
Activity: 54

(and can it be fixed?)

Jump to: