Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 286. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
so my sept 29th batch 2 order was marked shipped by bitmaintech 10 days ago.

no sign of it no label no nothing.

has anyone got a batch 2 order with a shipping label number? and not just marked shipped.

Would have proffered it to not getting marked at all rathe then if being marked and then not shipped.

Well my batch one is chugging along nicely.

I get under .24 watts a gh with my plat psu so no complaints.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
What are acceptable temps with these?

If you have low temps is it understandable that there is more to be had with higher freq as with the other miners?

possible... quite a few people already posted better results with higher temps (starting with ambient above 25c admittedly), but if your ambient is 10C or below, then there might be a limit in optimal chip hashing frequency rather than just board temp.
You might get low enough temp even at very high frequencies, but chips might throw errors anyway and miner will throttle back.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
I am happy to say that my Sep 5th S7 has arrived and hashing as expected. I am running it on IBM 2880 PSU and after adding pool information it reached over 4.8TH in less than a minute w/o needing to do the soft reboot. I don't see any sticker on the hashboard as some reported before, it looks like brand spanking new Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
What are acceptable temps with these?

If you have low temps is it understandable that there is more to be had with higher freq as with the other miners?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
1 week after the email saying it had been shipped my s7 arrived today.

Using an IBM 2kw psu and GeckoScience breakout/PCIe leads it is running perfect at between 4.86 and 5.1 Th/S per the GUI and averaging 4.8TH/s per my pool. Excellent.

Looks I'm going to need more breakouts and PCIe leads for when I get a couple more s7's...  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Well, I wanted to say the s7 sucks but after hooking it up to my EVGA 1300 it is running at a quiet (fan @45%) 46,48,49 temps, 4.883TH for over 4hours now.

The hardware seems pretty good. No dust or dirt even inside. I put my snake cam in. Lol
Looks newly built.

Wish there was no BS from Bitmain with the delays and pricing bull regarding the batch 2 and 3 s7s.

Haha!  That's good!  The 1 that I have at Toomim Bros data center is now reporting 5.022TH/s for 60min and 5.101TH/s for the scoring hashrate over the past 7 hours.  I just need to get these other 3 S7s out there and get them engaged in the battle.  I also hope to get setup with remote access so I can see how the machine looks on temps and HW errors.

EDIT: There is a label on the three boxes that came to my house that reads "ANTMINER S7 Submodel: S7_4.86" so they all appear to be full specs S7s.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Got my S7 powered up as well and doing as expected (4.8+TH) after a soft reboot. Using a RM1000 and a RM850 for power.

I love my server PSU's at this point they are nice that lower cost.  But I really do love the RM1000 I have ROI'ed on a few so still have some i use.  I think it's my favorite some call it a gimmick but it really did get quiet.

I also liked the lightning 1300 for fun on one just as hit has very nice leds Smiley.   I just wish there was more options on a 9 PCIE cord PSU.  I think if I went to most computer store and told them I need 9 separate PCIe cords it would be funny to see response.  Wonder how long of reading boxes before they say they don't have anything.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Got my S7 powered up as well and doing as expected (4.8+TH) after a soft reboot. Using a RM1000 and a RM850 for power.

Good to hear.  Happy mining!

And may the blocks be with you.  As long as you are mining on the same pool I'm mining.  Grin

Just kidding.
legendary
Activity: 1232
legendary
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Well, I wanted to say the s7 sucks but after hooking it up to my EVGA 1300 it is running at a quiet (fan @45%) 46,48,49 temps, 4.883TH for over 4hours now.

The hardware seems pretty good. No dust or dirt even inside. I put my snake cam in. Lol
Looks newly built.

Wish there was no BS from Bitmain with the delays and pricing bull regarding the batch 2 and 3 s7s.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Anyone here have any movement on batch 3? I know they are not due to ship for a few days I'm just anxious to get things up and running. I'm addicted to mining and I need my fix. Shocked
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
You are able to run twice as much hardware with 240 Volt verses 120 Volt.

The quantity of hardware you can run is based on the circuit's amperage, not voltage.  Always double check that your circuit can supply enough amperage to support the attached devices, Watts = Amps x Volts.

Very true.  I was once an electrician.  I was on my way to certification but never did get certified.  I quit just short of taking my test for my Journeyman's License.

I, by no means, am suggesting to turn a 15 amp (14 AWG) circuit into a 240 Volt 20/30/40 Amp Circuit.  Is that what you took from my statements?  I don't see this implication in my statements.  If your statement was simply to inform them they cannot do what I just stated, then ignore my question wondering if that is what you gathered from my previous post.  I was prepared to assist in letting them know what to do if they wish to hook up their rigs to 240 Volts.  One can have 240 Volts on 20/30/40/50/60 Amp circuits.  One could also have 240 Volt/15 Amp one poll breakers but that depends on the supplied voltage for each bar in the Main Panel.  You and I both KNOW they do not have 240 Volt on one bar in their main panel at their house if they live in the U.S.

I was going to suggest Tandem breakers to make room for 2 poll 240 Volt breakers if they have no room in their Main Panel.  Their Main Panel might be in a garage.  If not, they might have an attic to run the proper wiring.  It depends on the amperage they want or the length of the run, which would determine what gauge wire they would use.  They may want PDU(s).  They may prefer to make whips.  Who knows?

I just don't know their situation.  Hell, they might be in an apartment on the lower floor of a tall building.  There was simply no need for me to go into details if they have no desire to gain access to 240 Volts.  Some are just fearful of doing any electrical work at all.  I've helped several in this thread [With no experience at all] via PM's to get going with 240 Volts for their rigs.

If your wiring is running through walls, you are not to exceed 70% to 80% of the circuits amperage.  If your wiring is outside of walls and laying on a concrete slab with whips, you would be safe to run the circuit up to full amperage with the proper gauge wire.  No where in the electrical code will you see a limit on how much you can run your main panel.  If your main panel is a 200 Amp main panel, that is its limit (200 Amps).  The limitation is placed on each individual circuit inside of walls or small conduit, not the main panel.  Hence, the reason there are limits on how many circuits [Depending on the gauge(s)] can be in a particular diameter pipe and the material the pipe is made of [Rigid, PVC, Galvanized Steel, etc...].  There are just so many variables.
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io
While you are shopping, you might try down-clocking to see if that allows it better tolerate the PSU voltage issue.

Good call, thanks for the advice! I'll try that a little later to see how it goes.

Bitmain psu is good and $155 one year warranty. I use corsair rm1000 1000 watt gold psu's in pairs they are 5 year warranty.

I would definitely get the Bitmain PSU, but I don't have any 240V circuits where I have the miner located which is a real bummer.
Corsairs are $150 at newegg, may get one one eBay for $120 or so.

It's more worth it to do whatever it is you have to do to get access to 240 Volts then buy the BITMAIN 1600 Watt PSU or buy used server PSU's, such as the IBM 2880W with breakout board.  You are able to run twice as much hardware with 240 Volt verses 120 Volt.

That and the effeciency is better.. The IBM 2880W PSUs for example can be had with cables for not much more than the Bitmain PSUs, yet are 94 Platinum rated, resulting in a noticeable efficiency uptick.
legendary
Activity: 1274
You are able to run twice as much hardware with 240 Volt verses 120 Volt.

The quantity of hardware you can run is based on the circuit's amperage, not voltage.  Always double check that your circuit can supply enough amperage to support the attached devices, Watts = Amps x Volts.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
While you are shopping, you might try down-clocking to see if that allows it better tolerate the PSU voltage issue.

Good call, thanks for the advice! I'll try that a little later to see how it goes.

Bitmain psu is good and $155 one year warranty. I use corsair rm1000 1000 watt gold psu's in pairs they are 5 year warranty.

I would definitely get the Bitmain PSU, but I don't have any 240V circuits where I have the miner located which is a real bummer.

It's more worth it to do whatever it is you have to do to get access to 240 Volts then buy the BITMAIN 1600 Watt PSU or buy used server PSU's, such as the IBM 2880W with breakout board.  You are able to run twice as much hardware with 240 Volt verses 120 Volt.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

Oops newegg is 179
eBay has corsair ax1200 for 140
legendary
Merit: 1024

Well I figured out why my S7 is hashing so sporadically, looks like the PSU is indeed the issue. It's reading at about 11.5 - 11.6 V on the 12V, which is too low for the S7 as mentioned before.

Time to go PSU shopping!  Angry

So what is the compensation for one s7 per day?
Currently I am at 10 days and counting for 11 s7's
I make .04 per day with my one s7
Looks like .04*11*10 = 4.4btc so far
Electricity for me is one quarter of that
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
Well I figured out why my S7 is hashing so sporadically, looks like the PSU is indeed the issue. It's reading at about 11.5 - 11.6 V on the 12V, which is too low for the S7 as mentioned before.

Time to go PSU shopping!  Angry

Jump to: