Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 295. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Here are a couple of data centers that specialize in hosting Bitcoin miners and their rates are way less than the $150-$300/KW/Month I keep seeing in this thread.
$60/KW/Month (CAD?), Great North Data, Canada (30 KW minimum)
$72/KW/Month, Lee Group in Chengdu, China (I ran 20 S5's here for 9 months - good company)
$80, $85, $90/KW/Month, Toomim Bros, Moses Lake, Washington, USA (they have a good reputation)

Sorry for the auto promotion, but I think I can add myself to the list since I have a competitive price.
58 USD / kW / Month. Cryptominer Canada, Montreal Canada. (No minimum, 15$ setup fee / miner). http://cryptominer.ca The website is very minimalistic, but I'll improve in the next month.

There is also allinvain who does Bitcoin hosting in Canada through Cryptoboreas. I think they have about the same rate as me.

Sounds truly great, but could you confirm the 5% import tax if equipment is coming from US, payable immediately?

I sure hope the relies aren't trying to imply what I think they are, if you are having the miners hosted the tax is not required.. I assume the hosting provider can work with you to sort that out.

Interesting...both GND and OP/max indicated that 5% tax has to be paid upfront (in Canada, not US, upon facility's receipt of the miner).
Whether you can get this money back eventually-I don't know, it would be difficult in my opinion because it is unclear why would canadian tax authorities give a refund to US person.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
https://www.bitworks.io
Here are a couple of data centers that specialize in hosting Bitcoin miners and their rates are way less than the $150-$300/KW/Month I keep seeing in this thread.
$72/KW/Month, Lee Group in Chengdu, China (I ran 20 S5's here for 9 months - good company)
$80, $85, $90/KW/Month, Toomim Bros, Moses Lake, Washington, USA (they have a good reputation)

Sorry for the auto promotion, but I think I can add myself to the list since I have a competitive price.
58 USD / kW / Month. Cryptominer Canada, Montreal Canada. (No minimum, 15$ setup fee / miner). http://cryptominer.ca The website is very minimalistic, but I'll improve in the next month.

There is also allinvain who does Bitcoin hosting in Canada through Cryptoboreas. I think they have about the same rate as me.

Sounds truly great, but could you confirm the 5% import tax if equipment is coming from US, payable immediately?

I sure hope the relies aren't trying to imply what I think they are, if you are having the miners hosted the tax is not required.. I assume the hosting provider can work with you to sort that out.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Where exactly is your 'free' power supplied from? ...

Being in a position that I can run any electrical equipment of my choosing at a facility I have full oversight over. No issues and have carte blanche. But that's my buswax.  Wink
Activity: 175
Merit: 101
cryptominer.ca

Yes, there is a 5% import tax on the hardware value.

Is this a quebec thing? No import tax in bc

It's a Canada thing Smiley. You should pay GST when you import things.

However, when the value is lower than some threshold (60$? 100$?), you usually do not have to pay.
grn
Activity: 357
Merit: 252

Is this a quebec thing? No import tax in bc
legendary
Activity: 1232
It only took a couple of hours to get clearance...they are on the way again!  It is funny how BM is confused with the whole shipping notification.  First, the order said shipped and nothing.  Then it ships and the order status switches to Unshipped.  The packages are slowly circumnavigating the globe and the status stays Unshipped.

Mine is showing this:

10/16/2015 12:32 P.M.
The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
Osaka, JP
10/17/2015 1:10 A.M.
Departure Scan

I wonder if both our shipments left Japan on the same transport. They have the same Departure Scan time...

Thinking mine has not left Japan yet as it just updated that it cleared:

10/16/2015 1:43 P.M.
The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / Your package was released by the clearing agency.
The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
Osaka, JP
Departure Scan
Osaka, JP
10/16/2015 9:08 P.M.
Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, CN
cryptominer.ca

legendary

cryptominer.ca

legendary
It only took a couple of hours to get clearance...they are on the way again!  It is funny how BM is confused with the whole shipping notification.  First, the order said shipped and nothing.  Then it ships and the order status switches to Unshipped.  The packages are slowly circumnavigating the globe and the status stays Unshipped.

That tends to happen from a company in a country with no real oversight, no standards and no scruples.

i don't know about this case, but sometimes people here refer to "free power" when they are in effect riding either on their mom's/dad's/grandpa power or are in a dorm, but dorm days were over after S3-nobody can tolerate S5 or S7 in the same dorm room.
I also suspect that some also stuck their miners in server rooms of their employer(s), but it is bound to have repercussions at least in some cases, I think.

Houston have some great 3 mo rates available right now, less so 6mo and OK 12 mo. Not a zero, though  Smiley
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
It only took a couple of hours to get clearance...they are on the way again!  It is funny how BM is confused with the whole shipping notification.  First, the order said shipped and nothing.  Then it ships and the order status switches to Unshipped.  The packages are slowly circumnavigating the globe and the status stays Unshipped.

That tends to happen from a company in a country with no real oversight, no standards and no scruples.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Thank you VERY MUCH for this information.  I am still getting all of my S7s delivered and will be needing a data center that specializes in Bitcoin.  This will really help!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)

Mine is showing this:

Osaka, JP
Departure Scan

I wonder if both our shipments left Japan on the same transport. They have the same Departure Scan time...
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
It only took a couple of hours to get clearance...they are on the way again!  It is funny how BM is confused with the whole shipping notification.  First, the order said shipped and nothing.  Then it ships and the order status switches to Unshipped.  The packages are slowly circumnavigating the globe and the status stays Unshipped.

legendary

When did you order this machines?

My order/confirm date was 9/6/2015...and I realize this looks like it took more than 24 hours to change from awaiting clearing and departure but it literally took about 2.5 hours to change.  It must be switching time zones in the system.
legendary
Activity: 1232

Mine is showing this:

Osaka, JP
Departure Scan
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

When did you order this machines?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Has anyone heard anything more about the hashrate equivalent compensation? Bitmain support is being.... Bitmain support! Just wondering if anyone has been offered this yet?

I doubt it very seriously.  BITMAIN, has limited resources (employees).  They already have their hands full with completing testing hash boards and shipping batches 1, 2 and 3.  I'm sure they will get around to compensation once they've caught up.  Patience, my fellow miner.  The compensation email to those requiring compensation will arrive in due time. It may take a couple of weeks but it will be taken care of in due time.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Has anyone heard anything more about the hashrate equivalent compensation? Bitmain support is being.... Bitmain support! Just wondering if anyone has been offered this yet?
Jump to: