Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 296. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Well, our UPS deliveries for today have come and gone - no miner despite the email I got on Monday saying it has shipped  Embarrassed
Over 1 week in-transit??? Er, the other couple dozen miners I've gotten from the S1's on up which were shipped via UPS arrived in 3 days.

What did they do - send it on a cargo ship???
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
I hope this does not slow things down too much!  

EDIT: I did get a phone call from UPS for a tax ID or SSN because the value was over $2500.  I have 4 in this order.

No phone call here but only have one miner coming my way.

Just checked and my order has made it to Japan which is a different route than most other times which took the miners thru Alaska. But so far so good and UPS says it will be here Monday the 19th.

Package Progress

Osaka, JP
10/16/2015 9:08 P.M.
Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, CN
10/16/2015 7:05 P.M.
Departure Scan
10/16/2015 5:28 P.M.
Export Scan
Bourbon, IN, US
10/15/2015 5:47 P.M.
A UPS My Choice® delivery change was requested for this package. / Delivery to a UPS Access Point™ location is pending.
Shenzhen, CN
10/16/2015 1:15 A.M.
Arrival Scan
10/16/2015 12:59 A.M.
Departure Scan
Shenzhen, CN
10/15/2015 8:54 P.M.
Pickup Scan
10/15/2015 6:48 P.M.
Void Pickup
Pickup Scan
CN
10/15/2015 3:56 A.M.
Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Thanks for the update.  Has your send details status changed or does it still say "Unshipped" on Bitmain site?
I'm hoping mine have shipped, but with no send details and having chosen Fedex as courier - I'm in the dark.

My Bitmain account still shows "unshipped" also

Edit: mine just got updated with UPS again with this:

10/16/2015 12:32 P.M.
The package is awaiting clearing agency review. / The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
Osaka, JP
10/17/2015 1:10 A.M.
Departure Scan
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
I hope this does not slow things down too much! 

EDIT: I did get a phone call from UPS for a tax ID or SSN because the value was over $2500.  I have 4 in this order.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Just checked and my order has made it to Japan which is a different route than most other times which took the miners thru Alaska. But so far so good and UPS says it will be here Monday the 19th.

Package Progress

Osaka, JP
Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, CN
Departure Scan
Export Scan
Bourbon, IN, US
A UPS My Choice® delivery change was requested for this package. / Delivery to a UPS Access Point™ location is pending.
Shenzhen, CN
Arrival Scan
Departure Scan
Shenzhen, CN
Pickup Scan
Void Pickup
Pickup Scan
CN

Thanks for the update.  Has your send details status changed or does it still say "Unshipped" on Bitmain site?
I'm hoping mine have shipped, but with no send details and having chosen Fedex as courier - I'm in the dark.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
Here are a couple of data centers that specialize in hosting Bitcoin miners and their rates are way less than the $150-$300/KW/Month I keep seeing in this thread.

$60/KW/Month (CAD?), Great North Data, Canada (30 KW minimum)
$72/KW/Month, Lee Group in Chengdu, China (I ran 20 S5's here for 9 months - good company)
$80, $85, $90/KW/Month, Toomim Bros, Moses Lake, Washington, USA (they have a good reputation)
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Anything over $300/kW/month for the total package sounds like high-density colo with clean uninterrupted power to the cabinet. This is definitely not cost effective for mining.

I live in Texas and have a locked in 0.085 residential rate (yay, deregulation), which isn't the best in the world I admit. I researched the multiple co-lo's in the area and I could save a penny with commercial service, but the added in cabinet space and limitation on kW per rack added in an additional $100-200. Since most of the co-lo's here are geared towards oil/gas, there are very few low tier providers. The ones that do exist have no bitcoin mining policies, heh. I guess they oversubscribe the kW allotment and don't want people that use the max like most residential internet providers.

Ufo

I am in Houston too, looking for next provider and right now rates are sweet, but I am not sure whether I want 6, 9 or 12 mo.
Which provider are you with?
I can get a great rate, but only 3-6 mo, then a switchover in the spring or summer-not an entirely good proposition.
Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

Package Progress

Osaka, JP
Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, CN
Departure Scan
Export Scan
Bourbon, IN, US
Shenzhen, CN
Arrival Scan
Departure Scan
Shenzhen, CN
Pickup Scan
Void Pickup
Pickup Scan
CN

Mine is the same right now, expected Monday. I also received notification that the shipping label was created for my second S7 which was ordered and paid for on 9-16-15.
legendary
Activity: 1232

Package Progress

Osaka, JP
Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, CN
Departure Scan
Export Scan
Bourbon, IN, US
Shenzhen, CN
Arrival Scan
Departure Scan
Shenzhen, CN
Pickup Scan
Void Pickup
Pickup Scan
CN
Activity: 71
OK.
It is ok now~~
over 24H.  Thanks Bitmain !

I had order S7 Batch 3   1+2 yesterday.
I had paid btc.
But the system show unpaid and order color is grey ?
Would webmaster check and adjust it ?

Has it been over a hour?  If so it just did not make enough confirmations in time to show successful.

Email bitmain with the info and they will have to fix manually.  Don't worry it happens many times.  Your money is safe.
legendary
Activity: 1456
I had paid btc.

Has it been over a hour?  If so it just did not make enough confirmations in time to show successful.

Email bitmain with the info and they will have to fix manually.  Don't worry it happens many times.  Your money is safe.
Activity: 71
I had paid btc.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Actually, Texas is rather overbuilt with datacenters, especially Dallas.  If you wanted wholesale space, say an entire suite of 7200+ square feet, and provided your own racks, you would likely pay $130-$150/kW/month.  The "no bitmining policy" have sprung up due to data centers being left out in the cold when prices dropped.   I've been in centers with rows of S1s powered down - just abandoned with back rent due.  The mining company folded and left the datacenters to suffer.

If you expect the data center to provide more than space, power, and cooling (like racks, network gear, overhead cable trays, etc.) - expect to pay more.

Note that every colo has their own pricing model.  Some charge for space, some for power, some for both.  Some measure power by metered rack, others charge by power whip, still others include a base usage with a cap.  Some require you to pay for a "reserved" amount of power you will never exceed.  Some have fairly heavy setup fees, some roll that into their monthly charge.  All want long term commitments with a 3 year lease being the minimum and a preference for 5 to 7 year leases.

If you can find a new data center built about 3-5 years ago, you may find one with excessive power capabilities that will cut you a deal.  Many data centers back then figured new clients would need 8-12kW/Rack, when in fact, most customers average about half of that.  So they have power grids, UPSes, and Generators designed to support about twice as much power per square foot than what they can sell.  Power hungry bitminning could help them balance a bit.  Downside is that most of those folks also built themselves concurrently maintainable space with 100% uptime capability.  That is a feature that cost money that bitmining doesn't need nor does it want to pay for.

Yeah... I help find data centers for companies for a living...

I live in the greater Houston area, so let me know of some t2-3 datacenters with good rates. Smiley

Ufo
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Hey Philipma1957, much thanks for the clarification
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Hey all,
Pardon the brief change in topic, but I figured this was the best place to get an answer about powering an S7. Can you safely power an S7 using an EVGA 1600W PSU in a standard 15amp home circuit? I was under the impression it could but I noticed on the warranty card it states the total pull is 16amp. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Yes you can but the circuit needs to run the psu and not much else.

I am running it on 240 but I have run it on 120. 

On 240 you can squeeze a bit more then 120.

In no case should your s-7 use more then 1300 watts or 11 amps 120
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Hey all,
Pardon the brief change in topic, but I figured this was the best place to get an answer about powering an S7. Can you safely power an S7 using an EVGA 1600W PSU in a standard 15amp home circuit? I was under the impression it could but I noticed on the warranty card it states the total pull is 16amp. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles
Anything over $300/kW/month for the total package sounds like high-density colo with clean uninterrupted power to the cabinet. This is definitely not cost effective for mining.

I live in Texas and have a locked in 0.085 residential rate (yay, deregulation), which isn't the best in the world I admit. I researched the multiple co-lo's in the area and I could save a penny with commercial service, but the added in cabinet space and limitation on kW per rack added in an additional $100-200. Since most of the co-lo's here are geared towards oil/gas, there are very few low tier providers. The ones that do exist have no bitcoin mining policies, heh. I guess they oversubscribe the kW allotment and don't want people that use the max like most residential internet providers.

Ufo

Actually, Texas is rather overbuilt with datacenters, especially Dallas.  If you wanted wholesale space, say an entire suite of 7200+ square feet, and provided your own racks, you would likely pay $130-$150/kW/month.  The "no bitmining policy" have sprung up due to data centers being left out in the cold when prices dropped.   I've been in centers with rows of S1s powered down - just abandoned with back rent due.  The mining company folded and left the datacenters to suffer.

If you expect the data center to provide more than space, power, and cooling (like racks, network gear, overhead cable trays, etc.) - expect to pay more.

Note that every colo has their own pricing model.  Some charge for space, some for power, some for both.  Some measure power by metered rack, others charge by power whip, still others include a base usage with a cap.  Some require you to pay for a "reserved" amount of power you will never exceed.  Some have fairly heavy setup fees, some roll that into their monthly charge.  All want long term commitments with a 3 year lease being the minimum and a preference for 5 to 7 year leases.

If you can find a new data center built about 3-5 years ago, you may find one with excessive power capabilities that will cut you a deal.  Many data centers back then figured new clients would need 8-12kW/Rack, when in fact, most customers average about half of that.  So they have power grids, UPSes, and Generators designed to support about twice as much power per square foot than what they can sell.  Power hungry bitminning could help them balance a bit.  Downside is that most of those folks also built themselves concurrently maintainable space with 100% uptime capability.  That is a feature that cost money that bitmining doesn't need nor does it want to pay for.

Yeah... I help find data centers for companies for a living...
I almost think part troll.    I can't decide if it is a account being horribly farming an account.  Or if wanting responses and trolling.

It is almost a mixture of the two really.  And put that in a thread that people are not happy with not receiving on time or other issues, its like asking for a explosion of words at some point.

I don't think so, it's like that person in irc that hits enter after every sentence or thought. (guilty)

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1456
5k is too much
I can get 2.5k to host 28 s7's
$70 per kW per month
28 s7's use 35kw

Can you please stop talking to yourself in one-liners. This thread has dozens if not hundreds of subscribers who get alerts of your monologue. Surely you can spare a couple of minutes to make a single coherent post instead of the above. Thank you.

He's done about 10 sets of triple posting of either random stuff, off topic or quoting himself in this thread. Then an entire trove of off topic one liner single posts. Just another account farmer or shill wanting to level up.

I almost think part troll.    I can't decide if it is a account being horribly farming an account.  Or if wanting responses and trolling.

It is almost a mixture of the two really.  And put that in a thread that people are not happy with not receiving on time or other issues, its like asking for a explosion of words at some point.

Ufo
I've been riding them for a refund since 9/28, maybe they got tired of my ticket updates.  Huh
I'd rather have my $$ back but I guess a miner in hand is better than nothing.

I ordered/paid 9/8.

They never even responded to my request for a refund, even though I knew it would not be honored. I'd rather have my coins back at this point..

Thanks for the ordered/paid info, it's 11:00 am in China now. I wonder if I will be lucky and get even a farcking power supply shipped before the weekend! Smiley

Ufo
Jump to: