Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 326. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I agree; upon their return they will probably adjust the price up.

They have done it many times in past.  They really should price in BTC as it seems to be a BTC price they have in mind.    If they bring in less btc with price rising... sadly it get's higher a lot of times.

If their site does go to 245 or so and you can get a 100 off coupon, I predict it's the lowest price you will get for a while if you can do that before they raise price.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Batch 2 will start to ship October 15
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I agree; upon their return they will probably adjust the price up.
legendary
I think zoomhash is offering a USA warranty built into the price
How much? 3 grand?

2199 it looks like... so yea a decent add on.  Cheaper to get direct from bitmain.

Also I would not count on their RMA for a lot.  It sounds like they dont promise much of anything - http://zoomhash.com/pages/terms-and-conditions .  Take a look and I don't even see a guarantee of RMA or how many days.

I don't think the price has been adjusted for the batch 2/3 issue.

it is adjusted de-facto due to the simple fact that BTC is listed as $236 on Bitmain while in actuality it is at least 246-247, constituting a 4% price increase.

Also zoomhash has never been close to manufacture price.  Only time I remember them dropping prices rapidly was when scrypt miners value died over night.

But don't expect them to lower price drastically.  Also bitmain has been known to raise price at times, so that is always in the cards.   Also does bitmain's site seem low on current BTC price to anyone else? 
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
How much? 3 grand?

2199 it looks like... so yea a decent add on.  Cheaper to get direct from bitmain.

Also I would not count on their RMA for a lot.  It sounds like they dont promise much of anything - http://zoomhash.com/pages/terms-and-conditions .  Take a look and I don't even see a guarantee of RMA or how many days.

it is adjusted de-facto due to the simple fact that BTC is listed as $236 on Bitmain while in actuality it is at least 246-247, constituting a 4% price increase.
How much? 3 grand?

legendary
How much? 3 grand?

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
How much? 3 grand?
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg
interesting to see that they also frozen the BTC price at the level from ~1 week ago in the s-7 buying page. you got to love that  Grin

I guess they have to change that manually, and no one is there to do it Wink
you really really think so or just trolling? Roll Eyes

I was half joking.

But if the price stays the same until the company comes back from vacation, then yeah, I believe that it must be a manual process.

For all I know they might need managerial approval for any material price change.

It does seem they do need managerial approval for most things.
But other than my bit of whining regarding other Bitmain topics, I am pretty much done with complaining about the lack of an S7 in my possession, which is pretty much what this thread is so far. Well, except the few who have no issues, and the people who have low hashing issues.

Almost humorous to read the first 50, 60, 90 pages of the other 'new product" threads.
There are some eerie coincidences.

Hell, most should have their units within the next couple of weeks and the thread will be more about success and failure and how we as individuals view each unless the scenario is painfully obvious.
I hope everyone's package arrives soon and no one has significant trouble.
IF one of us does let's make it a teaching session so we all know what to do.

Here, a toast to success.

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
interesting to see that they also frozen the BTC price at the level from ~1 week ago in the s-7 buying page. you got to love that  Grin

I was half joking.

But if the price stays the same until the company comes back from vacation, then yeah, I believe that it must be a manual process.

For all I know they might need managerial approval for any material price change.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Gah I regret it so bad! ^^ Could have had 66 btc instead of an order of 6 broken units :/
66 BTC is my ROI target, including VAT , price of btc when I ordered etc..
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

Activity: 994
Merit: 504
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
600MHz is the maximum frequency?
I have one cold place, where is always between 0-10C only . Is any chance to overclock?

If the HW Error rate is zero / low at 600MHz, and you are not concerned about Warranty then probably yes. The BM1385 Data Sheet suggests that 675MHz should be possible with 12V. However as they have had to de-rate some units to 575MHz it seems that for some reason they are not meeting spec in the S7 so I suspect they may not go that high? However only one way to find out. Would take it up one step at a time and carefully monitor the temperatures.  Smiley

Rich

Yeah it's like one of my S3 not able to run at 441 (droping at 415-420 over a long period of time) ... and the other one runs at 504 for over a year and is stable like a rock
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I have one cold place, where is always between 0-10C only . Is any chance to overclock?

If the HW Error rate is zero / low at 600MHz, and you are not concerned about Warranty then probably yes. The BM1385 Data Sheet suggests that 675MHz should be possible with 12V. However as they have had to de-rate some units to 575MHz it seems that for some reason they are not meeting spec in the S7 so I suspect they may not go that high? However only one way to find out. Would take it up one step at a time and carefully monitor the temperatures.  Smiley

Rich
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
Because chinese are in holiday.

one would think that a simple program can take care of this, no personnel presence needed.

That is weird.  I suppose they manually update the price to keep wild fluctuations from breaking their sales numbers.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Jump to: