Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 321. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
So I think it's a bad sign they took weekend without even talking about compensation.

.....after having a week long vacation.....

Ufo
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I think they likely went into a frenzy of shipping.  I don't see them wanting to give compensation for it.   So likely they were more worried about getting it out then having tracking working on clicking.  They can fix tracking on monday, they cant fix it being late monday.

I am still interested to see come next week I suspect there are still some who don't get it.  I want to know what they consider fair compensation.  Will be an interesting week.

My orders haven't shipped (even tracking via reference doesn't find anything) so I think it's safe to say - considering that it's the 10th in China already and a Saturday too - that Bitmain failed to meet their own deadline.

A fair compensation would be a choice of

• full refund
  • refund of a price difference between Batch 1 and Batch 3 (assuming the miners are 4.86 TH/s) and delivery before Batch 3
  • coupon for a value of twice the above price difference

I wouldn't hold my breath. Bitmain didn't respond to a couple of e-mails I sent. I can understand they're busy but it doesn't take that much effort to at least say "Hey we screwed up a little, compensation is coming next week, happy Columbus Day".

The bad thing is they did not decide on Friday what to do an send out emails.  I joked at one point announcing a crap compensation on friday then leave work for the weekend.

But it seems they really did put in a day's work and deiced not to respond till after weekend.  I was surprised by this.  I think if it was a great compensation they would want announce it to show customers they care.  So I think it's a bad sign they took weekend without even talking about compensation.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I think they likely went into a frenzy of shipping.  I don't see them wanting to give compensation for it.   So likely they were more worried about getting it out then having tracking working on clicking.  They can fix tracking on monday, they cant fix it being late monday.

I am still interested to see come next week I suspect there are still some who don't get it.  I want to know what they consider fair compensation.  Will be an interesting week.

My orders haven't shipped (even tracking via reference doesn't find anything) so I think it's safe to say - considering that it's the 10th in China already and a Saturday too - that Bitmain failed to meet their own deadline.

A fair compensation would be a choice of

• full refund
  • refund of a price difference between Batch 1 and Batch 3 (assuming the miners are 4.86 TH/s) and delivery before Batch 3
  • coupon for a value of twice the above price difference

I wouldn't hold my breath. Bitmain didn't respond to a couple of e-mails I sent. I can understand they're busy but it doesn't take that much effort to at least say "Hey we screwed up a little, compensation is coming next week, happy Columbus Day".
legendary
Activity: 1456
Still no word on my 4 units...

Ordered 8/30 @16:47, payment confirmed 9/1 @ 10:54.

Will be asking for a full refund and to send the power supplies back,
If I get refunded but hung with the power supplies I will call it a win.

:/

I ordered and paid on Sept. 2nd with BTC. My account on bitmaintech.com still shows the order as unshipped, but it is definitely shipped out. The only reason I know this, is that UPS called me to set up brokerage to import into Canada. They provided me with the tracking number at the same time. It's very possible that your order is already shipped also, especially since yours was paid a day before mine.

Update:

I was able to paste my order ID from Bitmain into the UPS track by reference interface and see that I have 4 units scheduled to arrive on Monday, currently sitting in Osaka.

I am somewhat lackluster about this, I hope that 4.86 miners are on the way, will give the benefit of the doubt until they show up on Monday.

Not particularly thrilled about having to manually dig for my status.  It sure would have been nice of them to send us shipment and tracking information.  Especially since my order has shown as 'shipped' since 09/02 when they sent the power supplies (another item they could spend some time or BTC to develop a software fix for (partial orders)).  Never have I dealt with a company on a >$5k USD transaction that has been so unresponsive, and Bitmain has been much better about this in the past, which is somewhat foreboding.

Will report back once the miners arrive and are setup.

Given that I ordered on Day1, don't have HW yet, suspect that it will under-perform, said HW is already selling for $1k less than I paid, and delivery is at the EXTREME outside of the window...

I am not as excited as I was on 'Day 1' :\

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
If your ups package is over $1000 you HAVE TO BE THERE to sign.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

I ordered and paid on Sept. 2nd with BTC. My account on bitmaintech.com still shows the order as unshipped, but it is definitely shipped out. The only reason I know this, is that UPS called me to set up brokerage to import into Canada. They provided me with the tracking number at the same time. It's very possible that your order is already shipped also, especially since yours was paid a day before mine.

Update:

I was able to paste my order ID from Bitmain into the UPS track by reference interface and see that I have 4 units scheduled to arrive on Monday, currently sitting in Osaka.

I am somewhat lackluster about this, I hope that 4.86 miners are on the way, will give the benefit of the doubt until they show up on Monday.

Not particularly thrilled about having to manually dig for my status.  It sure would have been nice of them to send us shipment and tracking information.  Especially since my order has shown as 'shipped' since 09/02 when they sent the power supplies (another item they could spend some time or BTC to develop a software fix for (partial orders)).  Never have I dealt with a company on a >$5k USD transaction that has been so unresponsive, and Bitmain has been much better about this in the past, which is somewhat foreboding.

Will report back once the miners arrive and are setup.

Given that I ordered on Day1, don't have HW yet, suspect that it will under-perform, said HW is already selling for $1k less than I paid, and delivery is at the EXTREME outside of the window...

I am not as excited as I was on 'Day 1' :\
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
It's 3:31 AM Saturday, Oct 10 in Shenzhen. No shipping confirmation for order placed on Sep 5th. They are either late or on schedule according to whatever they meant by "If shipping out 10 days later than the scheduled one, it won't be considered as delay."
Activity: 140
Appears the story they are telling is that batch one was a special run when they made the chips.
So those are all excellent.
Batch 2/3 was a production run.
But I got a 575mhz batch one.
So I'm not sure I believe any of it.
The only thing I know is I have holes in my rack not making BTC.
Would really be nice to fill. I pay for electricity whether I use it or not.
Ship it!

Did they tell you in advance that you got the slower miner? I'm seriously worried that they are sending me the slow ones.

Phil: I ordered rather quick as well, my timestamp on the order on Bitmain's site is 2015-08-30 14:08:29.0. My mistake however, was paying with FIAT!

No advance notice.
Fired it up and BAM 575mhz.
But as I said before, it IS in spec, +-5%
I just don't like paying $1820 for something that is selling at $1580 now and I have no product. That is where I want compensation.
I would rather clock it at 575 and have it run smooth then force it up to 600 and get hwe and such.
Supposedly they underclocked from 600 because it was using more than 1200 watts.

For me, thats not acceptable at all.

It's like ordering a Intel processor, and getting the Celeron. I want the good chips. Why? Stability, OC options, resell value.
I did not spend 15.000$ for the Celeron batch.
I wouldn't be this pissed , even at the lower hash rate if they'd have shipped the gdarn things.
We're all losing $$ every day they delay and it's almost up to the cost of the Miner itself.

I agree

I don't agree. It's like ordering a Intel processor, and getting the Celeron batch. I want the good chips. Why? Stability, OC options, resell value.
So I bought 4x PSU's from Bitmain at 155 USD each, = 620$.
The price declaration on the note from UPS said 680$. So I paid 25% on 680$, instead of 620$.

Is this normal? I'm worried what the declaration of the S7's will be..
Yes they always do that. I believe they get some sort of tax exception for declaring bigger invoice and always refuse to lower invoice.
They will request you to lower invoice if you need to send them items back, but will increase your invoice when sending

Isn't that just $620 + shipping = $680? Your import duties include shipping.

You are 100% correct! My bad!
legendary
Activity: 1596

Activity: 71

Ordered 8/30 @ 9:18, payment confirmed 9/1 @ 10:54.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
I wouldn't be this pissed , even at the lower hash rate if they'd have shipped the gdarn things.
We're all losing $$ every day they delay and it's almost up to the cost of the Miner itself.

I agree

Too bad there is no way to dispute the payment since it's BTC.  Were it Fiat, I'd have gotten my money back by now.

and there lies the bitcoin problem in payments. no such problem exists if you invest or save, naturally.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

I agree

Too bad there is no way to dispute the payment since it's BTC.  Were it Fiat, I'd have gotten my money back by now.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Anyone else with a recently shipped order following their tracking info? Usually when I order from bitmain packages go from China to Alaska. Seems like this time they're making a pit stop in Osaka, Japan. First time I've seen that with UPS and bitmain.
legendary
Activity: 1232

I agree
Activity: 70
Merit: 3
The cost of several miners for some folks.
Welcome to the bottom of the food chain.
+1
thats it, they send out a new miner and
in an exclusive interview with Jihan Wu Co-Founder of Bitmain he said:
"We love the bitcoin network and are proud to help promote its decentralization through empowering home miners"

help promoting homemining, yes
but
not with an s7 that price is halved with the new miner coming 2016, he said in the same interview:

"Yes, we will be moving down to a 16 nanometer die size in 2016.
16 nanometer technology has come a long way in the past year, with lower costs and better yields"

if bitmain send out a 16nm miner in beginning 2016, S7 price will fall down hard.
this delays and the expensive costs for this crap shows the home mining community where they stay:

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
So I bought 4x PSU's from Bitmain at 155 USD each, = 620$.
The price declaration on the note from UPS said 680$. So I paid 25% on 680$, instead of 620$.

Is this normal? I'm worried what the declaration of the S7's will be..
Yes they always do that. I believe they get some sort of tax exception for declaring bigger invoice and always refuse to lower invoice.
They will request you to lower invoice if you need to send them items back, but will increase your invoice when sending

Isn't that just $620 + shipping = $680? Your import duties include shipping.
Activity: 89
Still don't have any shipping on my first order.
Ordered: 2015-08-30 13:02:57
Confirmed: 2015-08-30 14:03:30

Let alone my second order.
Ordered: 2015-09-18 16:27:23
Confirmed: 2015-09-18 16:41:31

Hopefully that means they are testing and going to make certain I get fully functional units but I'm leaving town next week.  My luck they'll show up the day after I leave and I'll miss out on at least 5 more days of mining.   Cry
Activity: 770
Merit: 523

The cost of several miners for some folks.

Oh crap. They are running s7's at hashnest, of course THEY are getting the good ones.
Jump to: