Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 322. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
I wouldn't be this pissed , even at the lower hash rate if they'd have shipped the gdarn things.
We're all losing $$ every day they delay and it's almost up to the cost of the Miner itself.
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Appears the story they are telling is that batch one was a special run when they made the chips.
So those are all excellent.
Batch 2/3 was a production run.
But I got a 575mhz batch one.
So I'm not sure I believe any of it.
The only thing I know is I have holes in my rack not making BTC.
Would really be nice to fill. I pay for electricity whether I use it or not.
Ship it!

Did they tell you in advance that you got the slower miner? I'm seriously worried that they are sending me the slow ones.

Phil: I ordered rather quick as well, my timestamp on the order on Bitmain's site is 2015-08-30 14:08:29.0. My mistake however, was paying with FIAT!

No advance notice.
Fired it up and BAM 575mhz.
But as I said before, it IS in spec, +-5%
I just don't like paying $1820 for something that is selling at $1580 now and I have no product. That is where I want compensation.
I would rather clock it at 575 and have it run smooth then force it up to 600 and get hwe and such.
Supposedly they underclocked from 600 because it was using more than 1200 watts.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Appears the story they are telling is that batch one was a special run when they made the chips.
Ship it!

Did they tell you in advance that you got the slower miner? I'm seriously worried that they are sending me the slow ones.

Phil: I ordered rather quick as well, my timestamp on the order on Bitmain's site is 2015-08-30 14:08:29.0. My mistake however, was paying with FIAT!

yeah 3 day delay for that.  The problem is fake bank transfers are possible.  BTC can't be faked. 

All true but even if Bitmain had put the person who paid cash in line, they had more than 3 days before shipping was going to happen and could have kicked out the order if the money was fake.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Ship it!

yeah 3 day delay for that.  The problem is fake bank transfers are possible.  BTC can't be faked. 
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
My order from 9/5 (paid with bitcoin) is still unshipped.

But they still have about 17 hours before it's the end of the day on the 10th in China. Maybe they'll pull it off.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Ship it!

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Ship it!
legendary
Well shipping seems to have fired up.  The good thing is it has caused a low diff increase this adjustment.
This will help for about 2 weeks.
So far based on everyone reporting shipping info I think a lot of gear will arrive on Tues the 13th .  Right now as I type the real time diff is about neg -0.75%  We could pull a -1 to +1 number this time.

If we pull any negative at all it does make the delay less painful.

My order was for batch 2 it took days to show as paid and as of this morning it is not marked shipped.

Which in all fairness makes sense since all the batch ones are not shipped.

Hopefully you also have to wait a month for your units. In all fairness, you got ur S7 2-3 weeks before I got mine, and we ordered at the same time, just saying! Wink

I ordered batch one on day one the first hour then a second on day one the third hour.

My batch two may ship faster then batch ones  or batch threes. I am ordering the slow miner if they have a lot of them they may send them out before batch one since  sending a batch 1 late and with slow hash  will cost them twice.

I could get lucky and they may decide to send batch twos out quickly since they underhash.
I just hope the batch two I get does do 4600gh and is not a junker.
Well shipping seems to have fired up.  The good thing is it has caused a low diff increase this adjustment.
So far based on everyone reporting shipping info I think a lot of gear will arrive on Tues the 13th .  Right now as I type the real time diff is about neg -0.75%  We could pull a -1 to +1 number this time.

My order was for batch 2 it took days to show as paid and as of this morning it is not marked shipped.

Hopefully you also have to wait a month for your units. In all fairness, you got ur S7 2-3 weeks before I got mine, and we ordered at the same time, just saying! Wink
legendary

Activity: 484
Merit: 251
So I bought 4x PSU's from Bitmain at 155 USD each, = 620$.
The price declaration on the note from UPS said 680$. So I paid 25% on 680$, instead of 620$.

Is this normal? I'm worried what the declaration of the S7's will be..
Yes they always do that. I believe they get some sort of tax exception for declaring bigger invoice and always refuse to lower invoice.
They will request you to lower invoice if you need to send them items back, but will increase your invoice when sending
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
Hello friends today Bitmain reply my mail

Dear customer,

Today or tomorrow all will be shipped out!

Bitmain

what is the warranty on these beasts? 90 days (ouch 90 days would be ..er well scary) hopefully you guys got a year (knock wood)

(watching from the 'bleachers' at 13.5c kwh I'm out) Smiley

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello friends today Bitmain reply my mail

Dear customer,

Today or tomorrow all will be shipped out!

Bitmain
My 6 units are on the way!

Payment method: USD
Order date: 2015-08-30 14:08:29
Wire date: 2015-08-31
Payment confirmed: 2015-09-06

Got a text from UPS this morning, informing me about a shipment from Bitmain, and they also wanted me to pre-pay the 25% VAT. The VAT is now paid. They are holding the packages in China until the VAT is confirmed paid I guess. <- This is kinda fucked up, because if Bitmain included a proper invoice with the packages, they would not be hold back.

I got to give some love to UPS, I'm very happy with their service. DHL can suck it! Cheesy

PS: Haven't heard a word from Bitmain. Zero tracking info, no nothing.

PSPS: I'm still worried these will be broken units (S7 v4.66)

Edit:
I got to apologize for my behaviour in this thread. Bitmain has delivered according to the terms we agreed upon, and I don't have anything to complain about, really.
But I got to be honest, they really should improve on their communication skills with customers. If I was informed with what was going on during this process, I probably would have kept my head cool.
The fact that they haven't informed me about anything, nor given me tracking numbers etc, is very bad. UPS were the ones to inform me that the miners has shipped.
Will probably not pre-order again.. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
If they are going to 'compensate' us with crappy $100 off coupons, they can all shove it up their rears.. Undecided

I for sure as heck will never buy from them anything again.

I have a strong feeling it will be 100 off.   If they do over  I will be pretty surprised.

The only hope is they don't do one of them, they give you a handful that you might be able to sell and recoop some.  But I doubt anyone will be happy with compensation.  This could be part of why they have not announced it yet.  

If they want to be horrible they would release a crap offer on a Friday late knowing they have weekend to not hear complaints.

I think the hope around here is based on the historically fairly generous compensation plans (e.g. S3 or L1) but that was back when there was competition.

Also keep in mind that Hashnest S7 miners have been promised to start mining by October 10th so it's likely that our Batch 1 was "deprioritized" to make way for that.

I ordered twelve S7's in three different batches. The first four (ordered on 8/31) came on 9/23 and have been on the rack and running solid for 2 weeks. The ones I ordered on 9/4 and 9/6 have not shipped. For a few days it was no big deal but now I just keep thinking about the .3 BTC I'm loosing every day the other eight machines are not here in my rack. 30 days of PPS mining those 8 machines would = 9BTC gross and would have paid the difference between ordering Batch 1 vs. having waited and just bought them in Batch 3, not to mention the 65BTC invested in the hardware sitting unproductive for a month and a half. I think the price difference would not have been so galling if the Batch 1 machines had all shipped prior to the holiday. I was lucky that all four of the ones that I got are 100% (though they will not perform at 600/4.86ish unless they are soft booted after power up), but I've been thinking that maybe when they came up with the low hash units they suspended shipping of batch 1 and just rolled everyone into batch 2/3, which are probably just re-QC'd batch 1 machines separated into 4.66 and 4.86 machines. It's very disappointing, especially since every single mining day between now and the halving is critical.

My nine (9) S7's ordered on the 8th of September certainly have not shipped yet either.  At a little more than .3 BTC per day PPS, I wonder how much compensation would be for being late as well?  This will be interesting to see how it turns out.  

I personally believe compensation should be with BTC AND COUPONS.  I have a business myself.  If I fail to meet a deadline it ends up costing people money.  I personally would compensate them for the money lost and offer a discount for their RETURN business.  However, it's not like BITMAIN has competition to be concerned about losing business.  So, like I said, "This will be interesting to see how it turns out."
Activity: 61
Merit: 23
If they are going to 'compensate' us with crappy $100 off coupons, they can all shove it up their rears.. Undecided

I have a strong feeling it will be 100 off.   If they do over  I will be pretty surprised.

The only hope is they don't do one of them, they give you a handful that you might be able to sell and recoop some.  But I doubt anyone will be happy with compensation.  This could be part of why they have not announced it yet.   

If they want to be horrible they would release a crap offer on a Friday late knowing they have weekend to not hear complaints.

I think the hope around here is based on the historically fairly generous compensation plans (e.g. S3 or L1) but that was back when there was competition.

Also keep in mind that Hashnest S7 miners have been promised to start mining by October 10th so it's likely that our Batch 1 was "deprioritized" to make way for that.

I ordered twelve S7's in three different batches. The first four (ordered on 8/31) came on 9/23 and have been on the rack and running solid for 2 weeks. The ones I ordered on 9/4 and 9/6 have not shipped. For a few days it was no big deal but now I just keep thinking about the .3 BTC I'm loosing every day the other eight machines are not here in my rack. 30 days of PPS mining those 8 machines would = 9BTC gross and would have paid the difference between ordering Batch 1 vs. having waited and just bought them in Batch 3, not to mention the 65BTC invested in the hardware sitting unproductive for a month and a half. I think the price difference would not have been so galling if the Batch 1 machines had all shipped prior to the holiday. I was lucky that all four of the ones that I got are 100% (though they will not perform at 600/4.86ish unless they are soft booted after power up), but I've been thinking that maybe when they came up with the low hash units they suspended shipping of batch 1 and just rolled everyone into batch 2/3, which are probably just re-QC'd batch 1 machines separated into 4.66 and 4.86 machines. It's very disappointing, especially since every single mining day between now and the halving is critical.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

I have a strong feeling it will be 100 off.   If they do over  I will be pretty surprised.

The only hope is they don't do one of them, they give you a handful that you might be able to sell and recoop some.  But I doubt anyone will be happy with compensation.  This could be part of why they have not announced it yet.   

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
He should get bonus units!

17units hash at ~75th and give ~4.4btc/week.....
Jump to: