Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 37. (Read 527791 times)

Activity: 979
Merit: 510
One of my miners stopped hashing.
I can get to the web UI, everything seems normal but hardware is x.x.x.x and hashrate is 0, showing no board information at all, not even x or -
http://pastebin.com/bZBhnA6s

I would check PSU first and make sure it is working fine.   Also would check wiring and do anything possible before firmware update. As that is my last fix on S7's I try is firmware update.

Has anything changed on your setup?  Is it new hardware to you or one that stopped working?

Updating the firmware for whatever reason fixed it.
Thank you so much!
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
hey there
please help, my s7 is behind other router which im accessing with public ip, than I have port forward to the internal ip to miner, the router sees the miner and assigns the ip to it. I tryied to forward 80 and 443 and even to put it in DMZ mode but still cant access the miner, any ideas ?
I can get to the web UI, everything seems normal but hardware is x.x.x.x and hashrate is 0, showing no board information at all, not even x or -

I would check PSU first and make sure it is working fine.   Also would check wiring and do anything possible before firmware update. As that is my last fix on S7's I try is firmware update.

Has anything changed on your setup?  Is it new hardware to you or one that stopped working?

Thanks, tried another PSU from a working one, made sure everything was nice and tight, same results.
Will try updating the firmware.
I think it is a batch 12, pretty new, which firmware should I use? Any of the 700hz ones?
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

If you are saying the hardware version is listed as X.X.X.X in the overview tab, this exact issue on earlier antminer models is fixed by using the reset to defaults button.  I haven't seen it on my S7's but I have seen it on an S2 and an S5 and that was the fix.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250
Activity: 278
Merit: 254

55% manual drops speed down to less then killer sound maybe 3300 - 3500 rpm

35% manual gets you to 2600 - 2800   but  you must lower freq.

Depends on particular unit (possibly batch).  Depends on room temperature.  Depends on air flow in room.  I run all my fans at 35% and this is OK in my room provided that the temperature in the room stays below 30 degrees C, even on units that are slightly overclocked.
Activity: 360
Merit: 120
Hi guys.
Is there any custom firmware available for s7 ?
Thanks,
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
anyone knows anything about the S7-20160305-700M-2fan.tar that is at bitmaintech?

for what hardware release is it?

try it and hope you don't brick your gear.

the s-7 can be set manual

70% is full speed  about 4200 to 4600 rpm

so why do any firmware ?  because they are know to brick miners.  and disable features.

seriously  does you fan spin?  can you do manual settings?

if yes do not do the firmware.

55% manual drops speed down to less then killer sound maybe 3300 - 3500 rpm

35% manual gets you to 2600 - 2800   but  you must lower freq.
legendary
Activity: 1456
anyone knows anything about the S7-20160305-700M-2fan.tar that is at bitmaintech?

With the frequency it should be batch 8 or above.  Others run at lower frequency on batch 8 and above it's 700 freq default.

I would also say if yours is working .... don't mess with firmware.  Don't fix what is not broke.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I am still buying S7s right now.  My numbers are still showing that there is a return. 

I do have the belief that there will be an increase in BTC and a mild upward trend in difficulty over the next two months, then a dramatic downward trend after that due to more miners getting out of the business. 

Whats your electricity/fee cost?

I have all of my miners hosted/collocated for me here in the US and have very good rates with my vendor and have been with him since December.
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
I am still buying S7s right now.  My numbers are still showing that there is a return. 

I do have the belief that there will be an increase in BTC and a mild upward trend in difficulty over the next two months, then a dramatic downward trend after that due to more miners getting out of the business. 

Whats your electricity/fee cost?
legendary
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Activity: 572
Merit: 506
If Bitfury actually sells miners to us; Bitmain will probably release an S9 with new chips a month or two after.  Ironically its probably in our best interest that Bitfury not sell us miners. That being said; I want new miners already.

We can make a bet: who will delivery miners first? Bitfury's 16nm or Bitmain's 16nm??  Roll Eyes Grin
legendary
Activity: 1050
Just brought my first S7 online, colocated. and I'm happy with it.
The pricing is getting better and better Smiley
legendary
Merit: 1009
If Bitfury actually sells miners to us; Bitmain will probably release an S9 with new chips a month or two after.  Ironically its probably in our best interest that Bitfury not sell us miners. That being said; I want new miners already.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Batches are coming thick and fast Batch 14 is now up. Reduction in price to $602 from $637, ships out just a Week after Batch 13 from March 28th

Rich

And yet the hashrate seems to have stabilized since mid-Feb. despite several batches shipping... I'm guessing the lower prices are attracting smaller at-home miners, but big buys have slowed down.

That and it would take 118 ph/s to come online in difficulty period for a 10% increase now. I feel like we're entering into another flat diff. period like last year.

Could be that the majority of the Big buyers would get in early, and perhaps at better prices than on the website, and that we are as you describe mopping up the tail of smaller home miners with the ever decreasing price?

I think also the latest high difficulty increases will have caused a lot of older miners to be shut down, and we have yet to see real volumes of 14/16nm, so a period of flat difficulty might be on the cards?

Rich
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Batches are coming thick and fast Batch 14 is now up. Reduction in price to $602 from $637, ships out just a Week after Batch 13 from March 28th

Rich

And yet the hashrate seems to have stabilized since mid-Feb. despite several batches shipping... I'm guessing the lower prices are attracting smaller at-home miners, but big buys have slowed down.

That and it would take 118 ph/s to come online in difficulty period for a 10% increase now. I feel like we're entering into another flat diff. period like last year.
Pages:
Jump to: