Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 378. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Does anyone have any concerns for keeping the S7 cool enough?  I A/C my units right now and they run anywhere from 48-60 degrees Celsius while the required Operating Temperature for the S7 is 0 °C to 40 °C. 

I am troubleshooting this problem at the moment.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12341356
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Does anyone have any concerns for keeping the S7 cool enough?  I A/C my units right now and they run anywhere from 48-60 degrees Celsius while the required Operating Temperature for the S7 is 0 °C to 40 °C. 
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I don't think you will ever need to resell your RM1000. It will olways be usefull for mining. I have 3 of them and a RM650. At the moment running 5 S5's
When my S7 is coming i will use the 1000 and the 650 for it. And 2 RM100 to run 3 S5's

Thank for the info. Didn't kwon you had 110v and 220v in the usa

Depends on wiring and breakers.  I have 120 and 240 and I am in US.   So it just varies.  But I agree keep the PSU's you will love it later on if you buy a miner and already have PSU's.  This has been my feelings from beginning and it's nice to have extra PSU's.

Also anyone notice if people waited till right now they paid less BTC - Price:    1823 USD   ( 7.604 BTC ) .   I hope bitcoin goes up and they do not jack prices guess we will see.
Activity: 71
I don't think you will ever need to resell your RM1000. It will olways be usefull for mining. I have 3 of them and a RM650. At the moment running 5 S5's
When my S7 is coming i will use the 1000 and the 650 for it. And 2 RM100 to run 3 S5's

Thank for the info. Didn't kwon you had 110v and 220v in the usa
legendary
Activity: 1232
Yes waterheater i mean. So you do have 220v So why is all this discusion about then? Just change the outlet to 220v.

And the cooling. I think the two jetengines will solve that but still have to work it out.

This is what i did with my S5 but don't think it's going to work for the S7... Embarrassed
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s5-custom-cooling-updated-1095605

I actually have a 220V outlet socket on my breaker box where the prior homeowner used it for a sun tanning bed.  But almost all everyday appliances use 110v including computers so most PSU's used are 110v and this is why I bought RM1000 PSU's for resell later as it would be hard to sell them if 220V.
Yes waterheater i mean. So you do have 220v So why is all this discusion about then? Just change the outlet to 220v.

And the cooling. I think the two jetengines will solve that but still have to work it out.

This is what i did with my S5 but don't think it's going to work for the S7... Embarrassed
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s5-custom-cooling-updated-1095605
legendary
Activity: 1232
Hi guys,

I see you got some big problems with your power outlet in the usa. But how does that work for you? I'm in Amsterdam and ofcourse we have 230v and 16A outlet. So i can use 3600 watt on one outlet. But i see you guys can only run one S7 on one outlet?? So my question is how many outlets a house have there? And don't you have some household stuff that takes like 2000 watt? (watercooker ore so)

And one more thing..... The sound the S7 is going to make. We all know it is going to be loud.......very loud. But you can just build a box around it and problem solved. Right?

Watercooker I take you mean to be a waterheater? And if its electric they are 220v. Most modern home have 220v coming into the house here in the USA. The 220v is used on electric stoves, water heaters, cloths dryers, hot tubs and water wells. Almost all other sockets in the house are using one leg of the 220v to give 110v. Getting a 220v socket added to the side of the electric panel is not expensive if you have the room for a new breaker.

Your box idea may indeed make thing quite but then you will have a cooling problem.

Hi guys,

I see you got some big problems with your power outlet in the usa. But how does that work for you? I'm in Amsterdam and ofcourse we have 230v and 16A outlet. So i can use 3600 watt on one outlet. But i see you guys can only run one S7 on one outlet?? So my question is how many outlets a house have there? And don't you have some household stuff that takes like 2000 watt? (watercooker ore so)

And one more thing..... The sound the S7 is going to make. We all know it is going to be loud.......very loud. But you can just build a box around it and problem solved. Right?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
While I don't know where you live, but here in the USA the commonly referred to 120V is the RMS value. I am pretty sure that peak measure on a 120V outlet if checked with a scope will be roughly 170V.

You can confirm this on Google if you wish.

I am in the usa and your wrong 120v is the peak not even 120v more 116v

You are totally incorrect. 117V (nominal) is the RMS value of a common USA electric circuit at the common 15A outlet.

I HAVE measured them, and looked at them on a scope.

TAX 25% = 512.6125

That's the discrepancy. Where the HELL is a 25% tax comming from?
 And yes, the "can't plug it in RIGHT NOW" issue is part of the reason I don't believe it can RoI with anything but VERY CHEAP to free electric.

...difficulty...

Bit under 5% on that last jump to be picky, but close enough to it to matter.
 It WAS running more like 6% estimated jump before the last day though.
 I suspect the current 7% estimate will also prove to be a bit high - but even another 5% would be bad enough.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
What's the 25% tax for??
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

When S7 release it has more than 12 months BEP (include tax)

Actually, it's BEP per your stated method of calculation of the S7 at release was a little over 8 months, NOT 1 year.
 I came up with an estimate that it would be 4 BTC before release based on a 250 day BEP, but that was assuming 2 hash boards 2 strings and therefore a little less than half the TH at a little less than half the power at a BTC price when I made the estimate of a hair more than the release date - given the actual figures, it should have been released at more like 8.5 BTC for a 250 day BEP. (Bitmain appears to assume appx. 10 cent / KWH on their version of your BEP calculation).

I have ZERO CLUE where you are comming up with that "1 year" figure for it, that's not even close given your base assumptions on the calculation unless your electric rate used is quite a bit HIGHER than 10 cents / KWH.

If you calculated with raw number its around $375 usd per THS and its expensive, for start up. But its not fair so I give you the detail, heres my calc :

Setup :
S7 = 1823
PSU = 155
Shipping = 72.45
SUB TOTAL = 2050.45
TAX 25% = 512.6125
TOTAL = 2563.0625 usd

Tax should be 20% but its bullshit since theres smalls charges for whatever

Cost :
Total kwh a month = 1.210 kw x 720h = 871.2
With elec prices 0.1 per kwh = 87.12 usd a month

Income :
Around 300usd (296 last night and 304.2 this morning)

Nett income = 300-87.12 = let say 223 usd a month

So BEP around 2563 divide by 223 usd = 11.49 month

Even all this "good" number is true IF :

*You plug it right now, not next month
*Without diff raising

(right now estimated diff 7%++ and maybe more than 50% when I get the S7 since they sold to local faster)

I love bitmain, I have good quality services and products since the legend antminer S1. But this price is too high for home miner. But then again, nobody can compete bitmain right now or even in February 2016 too.
legendary
About the amp's:

As you all are saying, VA=W.

Personally I've been running my 16A circuits close to a 100% load. For about 2 years.

I'm close to my neigbourhoods transformator, so I'm getting about 225-230V.
225-230x16=3600-3680W. I'm going to try to run 3x S7's on each.. I might need to underclock a bit:D

Be aware, if you decide to run above 80%, make sure the wire diameter is correct, and that there are as few sockets as possible in between circuit and power draw, AND that the connections inside the sockets are nice and tight, or this might happen:

This could have gotten a lot worse if we didn't catch the smell. The circuit will not switch off if this scenario happens.

Edit: I wonder tho, is there more loss in power during transfer if the load on the system is higher?

Were the wires secure in the sockets (Most new ones have a little indent wires fit in to make it even tighter)?   Or to long where they touched anything else?

I'm just thinking of my last wiring I did on some I did a few cuts to get to the right size.   If either above were problems could cause bad issues.
Activity: 140

Nope always go by the RMS value its the effective working voltage that's were the 70 percent term comes from if you ever heard of it.
in my case its 120v x 0.7071 = 84.852v not 120v when you say 120v that's the peak voltage not the real effective voltage after its been loaded down also try to run the miners on a sub breaker by themselves.
or power wise just do this 120v x 20amps = 2400w then 0.7071 x 2400w = 1697.04 watts. The 1697.04 watts is the real working effective power not 2400 watts. that's why it burnt up you overloaded it. things burn up when there overloaded.

Just do not exceed 1697.04 watts on one sub breaker.

I need to google it! ^^
"In the United States[8] and Canada,[9] national standards specify that the nominal voltage at the source should be 120 V and allow a range of 114 V to 126 V (RMS) (−5% to +5%)"
We're at 230 V +10%/−6% I think, I'm in Norway btw!

Haven't heard about the 70%, but I've heard about the 80% ^^

Edit: I'm measuring 225-233V at the socket, depending on time of day.

dog: would love your input here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/preparing-small-s7-setup-grandpas-basement-1171818 , and maybe this thread won't go too off-topic.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
While I don't know where you live, but here in the USA the commonly referred to 120V is the RMS value. I am pretty sure that peak measure on a 120V outlet if checked with a scope will be roughly 170V.

I am in the usa and your wrong 120v is the peak not even 120v more 116v if you ever bothered to measure it with a fluke meter. the most you should pull is 1750 watts max to be on the safe side. ask trip-lite or APC customer tech support they will tell you.

most of the stuff on google is hogwash.

lets just say 120v x 20 amps = 2400 watts that's peak power "RMS power is 0.7071 x 2400=1697.04 watts" that's the power you should not exceed especially running it 24/7 !!!!!

also don't forget that your PSU use's power as well that 20 percent must be added back in if the PSU is 80 percent efficient.

You can get away with 1750w but that's max wires are warm but at least they don't burn up.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Difficulty just jumped by almost 5% Roll Eyes
It will jump big again we are on a 7% at the moment
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
Difficulty just jumped by almost 5% Roll Eyes
legendary
Currently selling 2 100 dollar coupons - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/s7-100-dollar-coupon-1171394

I have given half of mine away for free, even one that was likely sold after.   So selling these two to go twords my lotto machine build.  They were not really "free" as I paid around 3k for S5+ miner, PSU's, and Shipping.

And they have been sold.   No longer available on coupons.  Will change original post aswell.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
About the amp's:

Personally I've been running my 16A circuits close to a 100% load. For about 2 years.

225-230x16=3600-3680W. I'm going to try to run 3x S7's on each.. I might need to underclock a bit:D

Be aware, if you decide to run above 80%, make sure the wire diameter is correct, and that there are as few sockets as possible in between circuit and power draw, AND that the connections inside the sockets are nice and tight, or this might happen:

This could have gotten a lot worse if we didn't catch the smell. The circuit will not switch off if this scenario happens.

Edit: I wonder tho, is there more loss in power during transfer if the load on the system is higher?

Nope always go by the RMS value its the effective working voltage that's were the 70 percent term comes from if you ever heard of it.

in my case its 120v x 0.7071 = 84.852v not 120v when you say 120v that's the peak voltage not the real effective voltage after its been loaded down also try to run the miners on a sub breaker by themselves.

or power wise just do this 120v x 20amps = 2400w then 0.7071 x 2400w = 1697.04 watts. The 1697.04 watts is the real working effective power not 2400 watts. that's why it burnt up you overloaded it. things burn up when there overloaded.

Just do not exceed 1697.04 watts on one sub breaker.

Activity: 140
About the amp's:

Jump to: