Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 382. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
With the new chip of bitfury at 0.06 w/gh and the fact that the CEO said he want to reach HEXAHASH, I dont know if I will buy a S7.  Undecided

"BitFury has announced it has completed the tape-out for its 16NM ASIC bitcoin mining chips, which were first revealed to be in production in February."

The way I see this is: They won't start producing the chips before february. Unless the above statement actually implies starting production earlier. Either way they will probably need a couple of months to test the product before selling it to the public (read: Mining companies).

The fact that this statement came right after Bitmain's release of the S7, makes me think they are trying to influence S7 sales by making the decision to buy one harder. (Uncertainty around future difficulty increase).
In the end, the difficulty is the number 1 factor to if you're going to get ROI or not. <- And the excitement around diff is whats keeps me mining, its fun and makes following the community a lot more fun.

If you are looking for this kind of excitement, you should buy one. If not, buy coins instead Wink

Btw, my grammar is horrible!  Cool
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Hexa is 1000 Peta.

ha-ha-hash is coming Cheesy sounds like a sort smoking stuff thing Grin

Wow thats damn a lot..looks like BTC will have the net difficulty doubled or tripled in next year.
It would be good if the BTC price will raise with the net difficulty.
Or there will be more people mining reliable altcoins.
In the sea of new coins there should be some something worth of mining with the SHA256 gear.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
*exahash Smiley

And BitFury only announced tape-out.  Takes a while after that for things to be fabbed, packaged, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1024
Mine at Jonny's Pool
Hexa is 1000 Peta.
With the new chip of bitfury at 0.06 w/gh and the fact that the CEO said he want to reach HEXAHASH, I dont know if I will buy a S7.  Undecided

Oh brother...how much TH is in that HEXAHASH? 10000?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Well, I ordered 9 x S7's.  Wish I could have ordered 10.  I might still order another in a few days.  Hard to say...  I feel like a young boy counting down the days to Christmas again.   Cheesy

Congrats on your purchase:) wish I could order those now too, but am still in deciding and calculating.

First batch scares me a bit, want to see reviews of it working and so. But on the other hand during they will ROI, some other brands like SP and KN might release new models, and the higher is the risk the difficulty will rise not like during last year (+5% month), and that BTC price will no grow with network difficulty..and so on..

But anyway amazing efficiency in this new unit.

Wonder if Bitmain will continue manufacturing the S5+, or it was just a teaser getting rid of the S5 chips in new cover.

And if they will replace the miners they have in their mining farms with new chip models. They might still have some sale on used the S4, S4+, and S5 miners.
Activity: 392
well I am out of the game on S7 I just cant afford that ridiculous absurd price oh well LIFE IT A BITCH THEN YOU DIE.

i
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Can someone tell me if Bitmain Tech is reliable ... will i receive my shipment
We are worried to order because of the payment methods ...

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks !

Bitmain is very reliable but the shipping to certain countries, other than the USA, can have its own set of problems. I live in the US and have my miners shipped UPS. Its fun to track/watch them make their way from China thru Alaska to Kentucky and then to me in Indiana. This has been done in 2-3 days time and at my door! By far the shipping to the US is great!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Does anyone have a spare coupon they can send to me please ?

ID:  mswells
legendary
Activity: 1456
I tried to buy and put shipping location to my friend in mainland china and bring it to me, but the price S7 will be taxed 17% and I asked bitmain about that, they told me its VAT tax 17%..HUHHH?

My china friend told me, its not actually VAT tax, its just every export company is encourage by the China's government to export and get 17% tax refund. So if i select shipping to mainland china, then bitmain still charge 17%, bitmain doesnt wanna lose that 17% tax refund.

No wonder Bitmain doesnt want downgrade the value of the invoice, that company is looking for 17% value of the invoice tax refund....moree and more profit for bitmain hehh....

So where to buy Antminer for local china customer??? i dont think they will buy online directly from bitmain website...

There is a 17% tax (sales tax more so than VAT AFAIK) in China and your miner is not getting exported so Bitmain won't get a refund for that. Where exactly do you see a problem?

They have had this tax for a little while now.  I think they were lucky they ran without this for as long as they did.   If you think about it they ran for a LONG time without this tax.

I do agree it would not be fun for the customer to pay.   Taxes and shipping are never fun.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I tried to buy and put shipping location to my friend in mainland china and bring it to me, but the price S7 will be taxed 17% and I asked bitmain about that, they told me its VAT tax 17%..HUHHH?

My china friend told me, its not actually VAT tax, its just every export company is encourage by the China's government to export and get 17% tax refund. So if i select shipping to mainland china, then bitmain still charge 17%, bitmain doesnt wanna lose that 17% tax refund.

No wonder Bitmain doesnt want downgrade the value of the invoice, that company is looking for 17% value of the invoice tax refund....moree and more profit for bitmain hehh....

So where to buy Antminer for local china customer??? i dont think they will buy online directly from bitmain website...

There is a 17% tax (sales tax more so than VAT AFAIK) in China and your miner is not getting exported so Bitmain won't get a refund for that. Where exactly do you see a problem?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
It is all relative to btc price. If you start your investment with $$, then you would not mind 20% diff increase as long as the price increased 30-300% in the same time period, right?
What we have, on the other hand, is stable (last 7 mo) or declining (last 20 mo) btc price, while difficulty is still rising.
We have a distorted market because market participants don't have equal free excess to mining equpment as many manufactureres don't even make such equipment available at any price.

In other words, the stakes are against home miners, this is clear.

Not necessarily. 

If you buy a miner for 2 bitcoins when bitcoin is at $200 your total cost is $400.  The difficulty increases until it is no longer profitable to mine. You end up mining 1.5 bitcoin but the price is now $400.  You say, hey I now have $600 when I started with $400, so I made money.  But if you look at the return of bitcoins, you just lost money because you started with 2 and now have 1.5.

On the flip side, if price is stagnant or decreasing slightly, and as a result difficulty remains stagnant or even decreases some, that miner may run profitably for a long while, and you may end up with 4 bitcoins at $150 by the time the miner isn't profitable. In this case you've essentially purchased 4 bitcoins for $100 each and you started with $400 and ended with $600. But if you had bought 2 bitcoins instead you'd  have spent $400 and ended with $300.

Obviously there's other variables at play, but mining could be a way to protect against a drop in price at the expense of some upside if the price increases. 

You offer another positive way of looking at this.  Thanks for your input.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Well, I ordered 9 x S7's.  Wish I could have ordered 10.  I might still order another in a few days.  Hard to say...  I feel like a young boy counting down the days to Christmas again.   Cheesy

must...have...S7...
mining bitcoin-one of more pleasant addictions

Cheesy  Thumbs Up   Cheesy
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Can someone tell me if Bitmain Tech is reliable ... will i receive my shipment
We are worried to order because of the payment methods ...

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks !
they have a really good record of shipping gear that you paid for.

+1

Bitmain is an honorable company (as far as BTC mining equipment manufacturers can be anyway) and has one of the better reputations.  I recall being leery of wiring them several thousand dollars in the past but had absolutely no hesitation when I placed my order for 4 S7's on the 30th.

With no competition, I agree that their prices are slightly high in the market however their customer service has been by far better than any other Chinese manufacturer.
legendary
Activity: 1596
I am thinking I will use A/C to cool my 5 S7's this summer. It will be a very small room built from insulated space panel. I will have 5 S7's powered by the Bitmain PSU's. My problem is though, that the cooling capacity of my A/C is 6KW and my miners will be drawing about 6KW.

Do I need to have more than 6KW cooling for my setup?

Thanks

AC is not the way to go. You need to extract the hot air outside and replace it with fresh air from the exterior of your mining room. I suggest starting a thread in mining support, as this is not really the place to ask for cooling help.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I am thinking I will use A/C to cool my 5 S7's this summer. It will be a very small room built from insulated space panel. I will have 5 S7's powered by the Bitmain PSU's. My problem is though, that the cooling capacity of my A/C is 6KW and my miners will be drawing about 6KW.

Do I need to have more than 6KW cooling for my setup?

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1596
I'll be ordering an S7 shortly. Would appreciate a coupon if someone has one. Can pay for it if needed.

bitmain ID= Prelude
Jump to: