Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 393. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Coupon receiver ID not exist  Huh

elrippo
xingqiaoyin

I send 1 coupon to:

vortexz

[email protected]

valkir
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
do you have the s5 cooling kit?

I have 2 cooling kits in hand and am waiting for the 2 SC-BC2 radiator kits to arrive... Apparently there is some army celebration going on in China which caused a delay.

I am willing to sell them if you are interested.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
I will like to get a coupon if possible.

ID: valkir

Thanks you  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Anybody have any coupons they want to donate I have 1200 usd saved up for the s7 I am $700.00 usd short "SHIPPING" on the s7 I need about 7 coupons I am poor anything helps.

If there $100.00 dollar coupons.

That won't help, you can only use 1 coupon per machine.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

But S7 coupons are rare, and at last a long time

rare, perhaps. last a long time, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

They expire 2015-10-12 00:00:00

40 days in not long time to You ?

Lol if you mind to buy it then buy it now and your ROI will become faster.
Please guys who have received it please share with us your feedback about the hashrate is it as advertised?
Activity: 742
do you have the s5 cooling kit?
the components between the asics, look higher than the asics?

can the wb lay on the asics or will it lay on the other components?

thx!

I think R207 is higher, then asic chip.

Click to enlarge

I see. I bought those S5 cooling kits when I intended to keep my S5's. Later decided it was a good time to sell them right before the release of the S7. So now I have $1000 worth of useless water cooling LOL...
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

They expire 2015-10-12 00:00:00

40 days in not long time to You ?
Activity: 868
Chances of ROI with 6 of these + 25% VAT? (The differences in VAT is kinda depressing) Tongue

I would highly suggest looking for a hosting data center.  I'm all for home mining but at 25 vat that's just to much of a disadvantage unless you have extremely cheap electricity.

What country are you in?

I've considered it, but there really isn't any real options out there. Do you know any?
This guy looks promising: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1159107

I've already sent the money, no going back now! ^^ But I would consider something like the guy in the link above for future orders, if he turns out to be legit!
Paying about 0.06$/kW atm.

I'm located in Trondheim, Norway. I'm still running the S1's tho.. I know its kinda dumb, but I love it! Besides, they heat the house.. Tongue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ_kJLGYxRQ
I will replace them with S7's when they arrive. (And rebuild the room to get more of the heat out).

Interesting. I'm sending one to Toomim Bros for hosting. They also have a deal on a PSU for just $80. I am not being paid for this message  Smiley
Activity: 532
8 BTC? Ouch.

Yeah. For me it's almost 10 BTC (including shipping and other expences especially for those who needs shipping to Russia).  Undecided

May i know the reason why would you buy so expensive when the ROI is too long(at least for me)
I am a miner fan but the roi take just to long.
legendary

thx!

I think R207 is higher, then asic chip.

Click to enlarge
Activity: 742

thx!
legendary

It's hard for me to tell by holding a S5 water block up to the screen but it looks to me that if you were to take a heat sink off a top chip and a bottom chip, the water block would just cover both chips. Would you mind having another look for me?     

Any help in advance is greatly appreciated. Also, how hard was it to remove that heat sink?

Bottom side is no chip under the radiator. You can not take them away.  They must remain so.

I did not  remove the radiator. This was already   so , when I opened miner.  The blade   go back to China. Soon.

It is spring here and Australia and the temperature gets over 45c here in summer so I will be looking at adapting my S7's to the Syscooling S5 cooling kit

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=51

It is not possible.

Click to enlarge

It's hard for me to tell by holding a S5 water block up to the screen but it looks to me that if you were to take a heat sink off a top chip and a bottom chip, the water block would just cover both chips. Would you mind having another look for me?     

Any help in advance is greatly appreciated. Also, how hard was it to remove that heat sink?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

I ordered 2 of the Bitmain power supplies with my 4 S7's to test out with these, but am slightly concerned with the low AWG wires

18awg should easily handle 180ish watts - that's only 5 amps per wire.
 Come to think about it, THAT might be why they state "have to use all 3 connectors" - wire limits on the PS they tested the S7 on.

Will S7 be available for redemption at hashnest anytime soon?

You're joking, right?
 Probability ZERO if you're not joking.

Hashnest is only JUST IN THE LAST WEEK OR SO prepping redemption of the S3.
 I'd predict S7 won't be redemption material for close to 2 YEARS.

I recently moved to a pair of Bladecenter H 2880w server PSUs ... But they're also the opposite of quiet...

Thankfully they are 8 miles away in a colo rack. I can barely hear them from here

Better get your hearing checked, you seem to be starting to go deaf.

9-)

ROI before next BTC halving is a no go.

Not if your electric is cheap enough, though it's a near thing.
 On the other hand, these units SHOULD BE STILL PROFITABLE AFTER THE HALFING for a while - even if we don't get a pre-halfing price runup like Litecoin got the last couple months.

legendary
It is spring here and Australia and the temperature gets over 45c here in summer so I will be looking at adapting my S7's to the Syscooling S5 cooling kit

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=51

It is not possible.

Click to enlarge

legendary

ridiculous price

The S7 is arguably priced a bit high, but for the performance it offers the price is not "ridiculous".
 I was figuring it would be a 2.34 TH 550ish watt miner pre-release - at about 4 BTC.
 Instead, it's over twice the hash at about twice the power for right about twice the cost.

legendary

I am not an electrician. Can somebody please tell me if I can run one of these on a standard outlet for an apartment in the USA? I would buy the power supply that bitmain sells.

No, the Bitmain power supply requires a 220V outlet, which most apartments do not have.

If your apartment has an outlet for an electric dryer or an electric range, you COULD hook it up via that and it would work.

If you use a standard ATX type power supply of 1200+ watts with enough PCI-E cables, a standard 15A 110V outlet WOULD handle that.

Chances of ROI with 6 of these + 25% VAT?

Depends on your electric rate.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Chances of ROI with 6 of these + 25% VAT? (The differences in VAT is kinda depressing) Tongue

I would highly suggest looking for a hosting data center.  I'm all for home mining but at 25 vat that's just to much of a disadvantage unless you have extremely cheap electricity.

What country are you in?

I've considered it, but there really isn't any real options out there. Do you know any?
This guy looks promising: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1159107

I've already sent the money, no going back now! ^^ But I would consider something like the guy in the link above for future orders, if he turns out to be legit!
Paying about 0.06$/kW atm.

I'm located in Trondheim, Norway. I'm still running the S1's tho.. I know its kinda dumb, but I love it! Besides, they heat the house.. Tongue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ_kJLGYxRQ
I will replace them with S7's when they arrive. (And rebuild the room to get more of the heat out).
legendary
Activity: 1232
I am not an electrician. Can somebody please tell me if I can run one of these on a standard outlet for an apartment in the USA? I would buy the power supply that bitmain sells.

Yes. It only uses around 12 amps I believe. Most U.S. circuits are at least 15 amps, and yours are probably 20 amps. As long as you don't have a bunch of other things plugged in on the same circuit you should be fine.

You are correct but its important to look at the wiring coming from the electric panel. A lot of newer homes use a 14/2 wire and are a 15 amp circuit and if a 12/2 wire was used will handle a 20 amp breaker. Not so sure I would use a 15 amp circuit if your pulling 12 amps 24/7 better to upgrade to the 20 amps.

EDIT: I just seen that the PSU from Bitmain is a 220V so you would need to have a 220v outlet which in a apartment would only be if you have a electric dryer or electric stove. So I dont think it will work well for you.
Jump to: