Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 44. (Read 527791 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
Why is everybody saying PEERCOIN is up? It seems to be the same price as it was before. Its just as profitable as BTC.
People are just confused. It occasionally rises up over bitcoin, but it's generally unstable and not a good coin to mine. I'm guessing this is being fed by coinwarz.com. They're not the best source for market price but everybody seems to look at them for information. They're wrong most of the time, though.
Possibly somebody bumped market price, I dont know but i'll look into it tomorrow when I have time.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Why is everybody saying PEERCOIN is up? It seems to be the same price as it was before. Its just as profitable as BTC.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
It also says:

The coupons assigned before Chinese holiday is still valid

So I guess the ones that expired on March 2nd are still valid for batch 12.

I have to check on that info thanks.
IT does clearly state that and I have 11 coupons not used.

But when I went to order it refused to allow coupons.

Soooo once again an annoyance from bitmaintech.

So @ bitmaintech  please fix it.

@ everyone looking to order please email them about this.  no sense to get screwed out of a coupon.

I sent an email to Yoshi  Maybe he will fix it.

My coupons are not usable anymore and cannot use them for Batch 12.

here is the screen with the info I also have a full pdf. of it.

Anyone heard back?  I still have a few coupons and are ready to buy a bunch more S7s.  The coupons would be a bonus.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
I suspect most, if not all, of the S7s they are selling right now are what they've been running in their mines for a while and so the reduced price reflects the "used" nature of the devices without them coming out and selling them as "used".  The next gen of chips in on the horizon, so they want to get as much out of these as they can.

I can't wait for the S7 used market to take off in the coming months, then I can get one.  I hope to see them around ~$200 used soon. Smiley

with the price of peercoin and a few other nice low diff alt coins.. these things will never drop down to 200$

id be less surprised if they didnt go up in value as the months went on. right now the only thing keeping the price down is the fact you can buy new ones.. as soon as the supply runs out these things will be worth a lot more.

legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
Since no real news on Bitfury other than speculations, I might go for another 10-20 x S7.  I think Bitfury really dropped the ball by being all talk and no show of product and pricing by now.  I was saving some amperage for them but since all talk and no news, I'm going to get some more S7 instead.    
It's not currently worth it for me, though. I still think i'll wait for bitfury's "chip" that might never come out. I have 0.1$/kwh electricity, and i'd lose money buying these. Still a cool product, and once price drops I might buy one of these just to experiment with these. ATM roi is impossible because of my electrixity.Cool miners, but I think i'll just mine at a loss for fun. Gotta hit a block one day, no matter how long it takes. Smiley
Since no real news on Bitfury other than speculations, I might go for another 10-20 x S7.  I think Bitfury really dropped the ball by being all talk and no show of product and pricing by now.  I was saving some amperage for them but since all talk and no news, I'm going to get some more S7 instead.     
legendary
Bitcoin FTW!
I suspect most, if not all, of the S7s they are selling right now are what they've been running in their mines for a while and so the reduced price reflects the "used" nature of the devices without them coming out and selling them as "used".  The next gen of chips in on the horizon, so they want to get as much out of these as they can.

I can't wait for the S7 used market to take off in the coming months, then I can get one.  I hope to see them around ~$200 used soon. Smiley
Me too. I am also waiting for the cheaper price to come... But considering that s5s are still commonly sold for 200$ on places like amazon and ebay, i'll expect people will start selling them for around 300$ each. I only have a budget of 200$, so if they get that cheap around july (halving will KILL prices) i'll start buying em.
Profit per day is sharply dropping, so I expect that these cheaper batches are just a result of bitmain trying to offload their current s7s. If these come in to people used, don't be surprised. You got them for cheap for a reason, but there is still a warranty, so it's still a good deal.. at least for now. The difficulty drop could have been because antpool unplugged their s7s to get them up for sale. Purely speculation though.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I suspect most, if not all, of the S7s they are selling right now are what they've been running in their mines for a while and so the reduced price reflects the "used" nature of the devices without them coming out and selling them as "used".  The next gen of chips in on the horizon, so they want to get as much out of these as they can.

I can't wait for the S7 used market to take off in the coming months, then I can get one.  I hope to see them around ~$200 used soon. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456

I am not surprised with new batch I expected they would.  This batch could be open longer they word it " Shipped out from March 15th" so they can really leave it up for a while until they change price.

And wow ... considering prices in past it is amazing how low these things are going now at least to me.
I assume the low low price is mainly because Bitmain recouped all of their R&D as well as production setup costs around batch7 if not earlier. Now pricing is based on what the market will bear and their cost to produce is just parts & labor/other overhead.

Add in profit margin - I'd guess is still >100% - and you have our costs.

The latest price drop is 'prolly to entice the fence-sitters to buy some more s7's while they are waiting on BitFury or Bitmains next gen rigs. With them at $650 USD I'm seriously considering getting a more s7's myself...

I think it's been based on amount they would produce for a while.   I'm not sure when R/D costs were paid for but I speculate it was a early batch, they sold a TON of these miners.  They are good miners so I can understand why.

Even when there is next gen for bitmain (which bitmain has not shown any leaks of it existing yet) I suspect S7 will remain very profitable in their internal data centers.  I think they are doing great able to make profit mining themselves and by selling to others.  As a business I would love to be in their position.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2667
Evil beware: We have waffles!

I am not surprised with new batch I expected they would.  This batch could be open longer they word it " Shipped out from March 15th" so they can really leave it up for a while until they change price.

And wow ... considering prices in past it is amazing how low these things are going now at least to me.
I assume the low low price is mainly because Bitmain recouped all of their R&D as well as production setup costs around batch7 if not earlier. Now pricing is based on what the market will bear and their cost to produce is just parts & labor/other overhead.

Add in profit margin - I'd guess is still >100% - and you have our costs.

The latest price drop is 'prolly to entice the fence-sitters to buy some more s7's while they are waiting on BitFury or Bitmains next gen rigs. With them at $650 USD I'm seriously considering getting a few more s7's myself...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Batch 12 just showed up for $665!!! This will hurt resell value of our units.  They should have end it at batch 11.  Sad

Amazing thing is that in the UK people are still selling these on ebay at £1200 ($1600)...

Rich

EU is crazy with vat adding value to these miners.   I could never understand why someone would pay 20+ percent maybe even 30 in some percent in some cases to ship to their house over a data center.  20-30 percent really could break ROI.  I also suspect some cheat the system fill out false numbers... send to uk.... and then instantly have a miner to sell at a higher price.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
It also says:

@ everyone looking to order please email them about this.  no sense to get screwed out of a coupon.

I sent an email to Yoshi  Maybe he will fix it.

here is the screen with the info I also have a full pdf. of it.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
It also says:

I sent an email to Yoshi  Maybe he will fix it.

legendary
It also says:

I sent an email to Yoshi  Maybe he will fix it.
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
It also says:

legendary
Batch 12 just showed up for $665!!! This will hurt resell value of our units.  They should have end it at batch 11.  Sad

Amazing thing is that in the UK people are still selling these on ebay at £1200 ($1600)...

Rich

well there is vat and import duty  so a 665 + 55 shipping = 720 and 30%? =   940   still a very big markup

940 vs 1600

at this price of 665 .

I may get 4 more for my clients.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Yeah I would expect a 4-7% difficulty increase for the next one but that's just my speculation.
legendary
Batch 11 is no longer available and no Batch 12 for sale.  This is it, I think.  Which is good as that stops the resell value bleeding more.

EDIT - P.S I don't like how the next difficulty is slow climbing from negative to positive continually.  I guess they're powering the missing 150PH  back on slowly.

bitcoinwisdom uses the last 500 blocks so we started negative due to last adjustment.

I do a real time number in my speculation thread.

http://btc.blockr.io/charts

March 5  = 152  + 8 blocks
March 6  = 147  + 3 blocks

so we are +11 blocks  that means  299 vs 288 or

+3.81 %
Pages:
Jump to: