Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 45. (Read 527791 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
s8,s9,s10,s11, wut "S" is cummin'

I see another batch of S7's so likely Batch 12 is my guess.  On S7 there was just a lot of leaks hinting it was coming out so I don't think they are going to a new chip or anything huge.  One day a S7+ would not surprise me.  But I don't think anything super new, if they do they sure did a good job at getting rid of leaks.

I am speculating Batch 12.... but I could be very wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
s8,s9,s10,s11, wut "S" is cummin'
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
It's Monday almost noon in China right now.  Maybe no more Batch 12.

11:52 AM
Monday, March 7, 2016 (GMT+8)
Time in China
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Batch 11 is no longer available and no Batch 12 for sale.  This is it, I think.  Which is good as that stops the resell value bleeding more.

I have four arriving on Tuesday .

I have to check my records but I think I purchased 17 of them.

Went and checked 17 purchased .  My batch 1 was a dud runs poorly never got any compensation.

So far all do work to this day.

Would have like to have gotten compensation for it but they never did give me any money back on that batch one.

Also I grabbed one in China and had lee host it.  That was a dud it hashed at 4600 not 4860

I did get 67 used back for it.

So I had 18 of them all told. I am down to one as most of my purchases were for clients.

I wonder if they will open batch 12 on Monday
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Batch 11 is no longer available and no Batch 12 for sale.  This is it, I think.  Which is good as that stops the resell value bleeding more.

EDIT - P.S I don't like how the next difficulty is slow climbing from negative to positive continually.  I guess they're powering the missing 150PH  back on slowly.
legendary
Activity: 1036
maybe khazakstan? i hear they pay YOU to waste electricity there.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
it will sooner rise than fall...
yepp, constant is the best!

One thing we have not been the past 2 periods is consistent.  One a very positive.... then a little negative.  It makes no sense, I cant find good speculation to why it's happening.

That bad thing is price has fallen some.   And that can be a slow ride up.... so it's a interesting time.

Maybe they're moving huge self contained datacenter freight containers somewhere cold by ships, this would mean 3 weeks or so of downtime?

what is cold the south pole? Huh
Maybe they're moving to somewhere with cheap electricity and a cold place. Def not canadia, electricity isn't cheap enough for their needs. I can't think of any place that matches my description, but even if this hashrate manipulation, it doesn't make sense.

Why not, in the North over here you can get 0.03$/kWh, but there's better/cheaper place.

Hello yes is very cheap !
legendary
Activity: 1274
I honestly just think its retirement lag. Difficulty went up so fast that a lot of gear got make unprofitable in  a 1-month spam. s3, sp10 are pretty much useless now unless you have "free" power. 0.5w/G gear soon too if you pay >$0.12/kwh
I run one machine for fun because I enjoy mining, my electricity costs are high enough that profit is not possible, so I solo mine mostly.  But even I recent turned off my S3 and got an S5 because even though it's more expensive for me, the improved efficiency is worth it.  I'm going to move soon, and depending on rates there I will likely end up with an S7.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

One thing we have not been the past 2 periods is consistent.  One a very positive.... then a little negative.  It makes no sense, I cant find good speculation to why it's happening.

That bad thing is price has fallen some.   And that can be a slow ride up.... so it's a interesting time.

Maybe they're moving huge self contained datacenter freight containers somewhere cold by ships, this would mean 3 weeks or so of downtime?

Maybe they're moving to somewhere with cheap electricity and a cold place. Def not canadia, electricity isn't cheap enough for their needs. I can't think of any place that matches my description, but even if this hashrate manipulation, it doesn't make sense.

I am pretty sure hash rates are being played with.  Just not sure how?
I can come up with many reasons play with hash rate on the 1100ph vs 1300 ph level.
I just wish I knew the reason it is happening.

I honestly just think its retirement lag. Difficulty went up so fast that a lot of gear got make unprofitable in  a 1-month spam. s3, sp10 are pretty much useless now unless you have "free" power. 0.5w/G gear soon too if you pay >$0.12/kwh
legendary

I am pretty sure hash rates are being played with.  Just not sure how?
I can come up with many reasons play with hash rate on the 1100ph vs 1300 ph level.
I just wish I knew the reason it is happening.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Why not, in the North over here you can get 0.03$/kWh, but there's better/cheaper place.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!

legendary

One thing we have not been the past 2 periods is consistent.  One a very positive.... then a little negative.  It makes no sense, I cant find good speculation to why it's happening.

That bad thing is price has fallen some.   And that can be a slow ride up.... so it's a interesting time.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

One thing we have not been the past 2 periods is consistent.  One a very positive.... then a little negative.  It makes no sense, I cant find good speculation to why it's happening.

That bad thing is price has fallen some.   And that can be a slow ride up.... so it's a interesting time.

legendary
Activity: 1456

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Bitcoin Difficulty:   158,427,203,767
Estimated Next Difficulty:   157,935,538,038 (-0.31%)
Adjust time:   After 1925 Blocks, About 12.9 days
Hashrate(?):   1,197,675,017 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.6 minutes
3 blocks: 28.9 minutes
6 blocks: 57.7 minutes

Let's hope it holds at that or drops more. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Bitcoin Difficulty:   158,427,203,767
Estimated Next Difficulty:   157,935,538,038 (-0.31%)
Adjust time:   After 1925 Blocks, About 12.9 days
Hashrate(?):   1,197,675,017 GH/s
Block Generation Time(?):   
1 block: 9.6 minutes
3 blocks: 28.9 minutes
6 blocks: 57.7 minutes
legendary
So I get my s7 on Monday and I'm wondering if I can power it with a rosewill 1300w lightning power supply. Its currently powering 2 s5s with no problems. The only issue I see is I need 2 extra pcie cables to get to 10. I do have 2 adapters tho and it shouldn't be a problem i f I used one to power the controller and one board with 2 other pcie cables. Each board takes 3.

Its  kind of pushing the psu to the limit. Maybe I should under clock it a tad too?

underclock is a good idea if stock is freq 700 try 650

check the hw errors  if .0050 or less try 656
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
So I get my s7 on Monday and I'm wondering if I can power it with a rosewill 1300w lightning power supply. Its currently powering 2 s5s with no problems. The only issue I see is I need 2 extra pcie cables to get to 10. I do have 2 adapters tho and it shouldn't be a problem i f I used one to power the controller and one board with 2 other pcie cables. Each board takes 3.

Its  kind of pushing the psu to the limit. Maybe I should under clock it a tad too?
Pages:
Jump to: