Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 77. (Read 527798 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
you've tried to learn Italian? Grin Grin

my help
google translador
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Before buying another miner, go learn some english!

Italian customs may suck too, not just bitmain! Grin
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
The reason for the delay in customs clearance International of your neck is described below. Where possible, FedEx provides tips for troubleshooting

1. The importer must provide the number of tariffs. Will the exporter. Angry Angry Angry

for me are idiots, those bitmain
Now my shipment is stuck in customs Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Huh Huh Huh Huh

I had no problems in customs, when I made the customs declaration myself in Finnish Customs' internet service.
I provided them info with appropriate TARIC-code (8471.49.0090), paid VAT 24% and that's it. Took less than 10min.
Activity: 798
The reason for the delay in customs clearance International of your neck is described below. Where possible, FedEx provides tips for troubleshooting

1. The importer must provide the number of tariffs. Will the exporter. Angry Angry Angry

for me are idiots, those bitmain
Now my shipment is stuck in customs Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Huh Huh Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 1456
I see that Bitmain has added to it's S7 spares with the IO Board for $17. Unfortunately they have gone with the version that only has 2 fan connectors & 3 hash Connectors. Have they made a range of spares available in the shop for previous Miners, or is this a first?

Rich

I think it's the first IO board for them to do this with.   They have been adding replacement parts here lately which I really do like.   They have always been more through email which has to be a pain for them.  So I think it's a better system overall.

They seem fair on price compared to what they could charge.  So I'm thinking positive overall.

Activity: 588
I see that Bitmain has added to it's S7 spares with the IO Board for $17. Unfortunately they have gone with the version that only has 2 fan connectors & 3 hash Connectors. Have they made a range of spares available in the shop for previous Miners, or is this a first?

Rich
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Thanks OregonMines!!!  Finally!  Happy Days....
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
OregonMines Official Account
When can a member have the full privilege to post the picture in the thread?  Senior level?  It's a pain to use Imgur and have to request others to quote for the picture to show.  Here are a few of my batch 9 S7.  I under clock 1 of the box to 675M just to see how much less Hash Rate I would get.   I do have 1 x S7 that is reporting .3% error rate that is not shown here but even so, it's hash rate is up to par.  I still have many more boxes to configure and power is not fully ready yet.  Notice all of the FAN speed is all over the map in RPM?  There is no consistency even though all of them are set to 60% manual speed.  The only time I would expect for this to happen is a person swap to different FAN type but these are all brand new OEMs.   I noticed some of the S7 even with the same settings can run 5-7C hotter or cooler than the others.  The ones that runs hotter are generally 5% faster then the ones that runs too cool.

Use the [img] tags, you should be able to post a picture as a member.
When can a member have the full privilege to post the picture in the thread?  Senior level?  It's a pain to use Imgur and have to request others to quote for the picture to show.  Here are a few of my batch 9 S7.  I under clock 1 of the box to 675M just to see how much less Hash Rate I would get.   I do have 1 x S7 that is reporting .3% error rate that is not shown here but even so, it's hash rate is up to par.  I still have many more boxes to configure and power is not fully ready yet.  Notice all of the FAN speed is all over the map in RPM?  There is no consistency even though all of them are set to 60% manual speed.  The only time I would expect for this to happen is a person swap to different FAN type but these are all brand new OEMs.   I noticed some of the S7 even with the same settings can run 5-7C hotter or cooler than the others.  The ones that runs hotter are generally 5% faster then the ones that runs too cool.

https://i.imgur.com/UDOvNnV.jpg

Activity: 201
Batch 9

4.705th avg

.00072 error % after 1 day @ 693

Temps in high 30°
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
you forgot to mention the fw too Tongue

temps are important but many forget abt voltages required to push it higher.

yeah the s7's are finicky.

thx for the info, yeah during warranty period better to keep it stock, well even after warranty best to keep it low & cool. rather not push it too far.

Yeah well, i don't have much to say about the Firmware, stock seem fine, so changing would just be a waste and the few reports of people ignoring warning and flashing it, that did not brick their S7 anyways, reported 0 performance difference.

So it sound to me like there is no point in changing it, unless you want to take a shot at bricking your controller for 0 gain.

I will probably wait and see how much S7 are reported to break vs reported not to break after most people's warranty period is over, i suspect there will be more data.

Because honestly, i'm not going to be pushing my S7 before i think the risk is worth it and so far, with the data i seen, getting an extra 100gh/s at efficiency loss is not really that great.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
wow very low rates ! awesome but of course those are at stock clocks. i'm wondering abt those oc'ed.

what is acceptable & what is not for hwe, yes many have their own opinions.

but of course best is to keep it low & cool heh.

HWE% does not really matter. If someone give you an "opinion" for that, then maybe you should stick to facts instead.

Its just an indicator, as long as your effective hashrate goes up at proper J/GH for each and every clock step, you are good to go. Of course assuming you keep the temps in the green zone.

1% Would mean you're wasting 1% of your shares, if you're getting an effective 3% speed boost per step, then there is no problem at all. Again, assuming you run it at proper temps. But 1% is probably far from what you can reach, at max overclock my S5's don't even reach 0.001% HWE which is fantastic. Thats effectively 0gh loss.

But the S7 seem more fragile than the S3/S5, so overclocking them during the warranty period seem like a risk not worth it. The lower quality design may see more failure when overclocked even at right temp for reason completely unrelated to chip performance and efficiency. (Which is what HWE% is)

Tbh the chip seem great, but the board build, not so much.

you forgot to mention the fw too Tongue

temps are important but many forget abt voltages required to push it higher.

yeah the s7's are finicky.

thx for the info, yeah during warranty period better to keep it stock, well even after warranty best to keep it low & cool. rather not push it too far.
legendary
wow very low rates ! awesome but of course those are at stock clocks. i'm wondering abt those oc'ed.

HWE% does not really matter. If someone give you an "opinion" for that, then maybe you should stick to facts instead.

Its just an indicator, as long as your effective hashrate goes up at proper J/GH for each and every clock step, you are good to go. Of course assuming you keep the temps in the green zone.

1% Would mean you're wasting 1% of your shares, if you're getting an effective 3% speed boost per step, then there is no problem at all. Again, assuming you run it at proper temps. But 1% is probably far from what you can reach, at max overclock my S5's don't even reach 0.001% HWE which is fantastic. Thats effectively 0gh loss.

But the S7 seem more fragile than the S3/S5, so overclocking them during the warranty period seem like a risk not worth it. The lower quality design may see more failure when overclocked even at right temp for reason completely unrelated to chip performance and efficiency. (Which is what HWE% is)

Tbh the chip seem great, but the board build, not so much.
legendary
Mine Mine Mine

Activity: 742
My 4 b8 are also with 0.0000000% error rate! Grin

@marvykkio: pretty cold ambient! is that ~10C?
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
post your errors guys & gals.

most of mine are no more than 0.001%

what's your highest & lowest ?

any difference between miner & pool side ?

I only have one S7. It is a B8;

Error wise it is rather clean.

Mine are at either 0.0000% or 0.0001% too. I have B1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8s. B9s are still unshipped, order date Jan 16.
legendary

I only have one S7. It is a B8;

Error wise it is rather clean.
legendary
Mine Mine Mine
Anyone try connecting 3 S7 together yet?  Since they have the extra FAN and Hashboard connectors like the S5+.    Would be cool, just 1 network cable to run and good for failover should 1 controller die.

max is 6 blades per controller but with slightly reduced hashrate (the more boards on 1 controller the lower the total hashrate). last i heard it does not work on newer fw's.

i tried, it works but i run individual controllers per miner. will use the feature if a controller is broken.
legendary
Mine Mine Mine

Anyone try connecting 3 S7 together yet?  Since they have the extra FAN and Hashboard connectors like the S5+.    Would be cool, just 1 network cable to run and good for failover should 1 controller die.
Pages:
Jump to: