Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 79. (Read 527798 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
I also ended my mining in China over this. Frankly I don't understand why anyone not in China mines on a Chinese pool when kano.is has proven to crush the Chinese pools.

Prior to S7 sales Antpool was approx %18-%19 of network. Thanks to you guys that support diversity, they jumped to almost %23-%25 in just 3 months. Keep buying those S7's. Can't wait to see the growth after the S8/S9 sales. Good job guys.  Wink
Yes, very sarcastic post NOT meant to break or shatter ones delicate nature.

Disclaimer: My numbers could be off by %50.

I still think Pluto is a planet.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Anyone have different batches that can compare temperatures?  Does Batch 8/9 run much hotter due to the higher overclocking or does the lower total chip count kind of balance things out?  I want to see if someone who have the 162 Chip S7 compare temperature against Batch 8/9 with 135 Chips.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Can't be more happier with my S7s. B1 2 board S7 beating Avalon 6 at kano.is. The other board was on RMA with Bitmain.

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

frankly I lost track  they have a different number for every one  Grin

and since they never compensated me for the low hashing batch 1's i received I do not buy any for myself anymore.

The last one I purchased for my self was a batch 2  that is rated for freq 575

I still feel they owe me about 150 usd in compensation or maybe 134 usd. I asked for coupons not coins,

They blew me off so I no longer buy for myself..

I also ended my mining in China over this. Frankly I don't understand why anyone not in China mines on a Chinese pool when kano.is has proven to crush the Chinese pools.

You are right about being upset about this, of course.

That said, maybe look at it from a karmic sense/perspective.
You got low hashing B1, then you got very high hashing B2 (I remember that you said they could do 625 instead of 575).
Maybe it was the universe smiling at you for B2 or maybe a friendly product manager at Bitmain- who knows?
In essence, these two purchases are balanced, don't you think? Of course, coupons would be a nice gesture.

I ordered pretty much one of each batch (stopped at 7) and my B1 performs very slightly below spec, but B5 can do 625 easily (5Th).
So, averaging gave me what one should expect-average hashing in comparison with what was expected.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

and since they never compensated me for the low hashing batch 1's i received I do not buy any for myself anymore.

The last one I purchased for my self was a batch 2  that is rated for freq 575

I still feel they owe me about 150 usd in compensation or maybe 134 usd. I asked for coupons not coins,

Me and at least 2 others have not received any compensation still either for the Batch 1 fiasco...
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Is it better to run the S7s at 12.75v instead of 12.5v from the 2880w psu? Not overclocked B9s. Can it hurt the miners? Thank you.
no if you are providing 12.5  volts at stock freq you should have almost 0.0005 errors

what do you get with your 12.5 volt setting at stock freq?

I will receive them on monday, I'm preparing the rig to receive them. The 2880w psu can be jumped to raise the voltage 0.25v more to 12.75v. Normal voltage is 12.5v. My overclocked SP20s runs at 12.75v without issues and they hash really strong with minimal errors but the S7 seems to be less reliable. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Is it better to run the S7s at 12.75v instead of 12.5v from the 2880w psu? Not overclocked B9s. Can it hurt the miners? Thank you.
no if you are providing 12.5  volts at stock freq you should have almost 0.0005 errors

what do you get with your 12.5 volt setting at stock freq?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
legendary
We are running about 100 of these units and the GLOBAL hw error state is of about 75%.

We have a huge number of hardware errors, on batch 6/7 miners at stock clock. Not sure where to go from that, these numbers can't be healthy.

Example of 1 miner:

And another one:

Don't know what to do with this so far, other than downclocking but such high numbers aren't normal.

Those aren't terrible.  I think you meant .0075% not 75%.  I usually like to keep mine under .01%.

When these things first start from a power-on they tend to throw a lot of errors.  If you go into the miner config and do a "save and apply" without changing anything just to get cgminer to restart it tends to start with far fewer errors.

Also I personally think you would get better results overall if you raised the temperature on those.

his numbers suck only because he is counting 100 x 0.0157 = 0.75  ie he is losing about .75 x 4800 = 3600 gh

which is nutty math as he is losing  1.57 x 4800 = 7536gh due to error

I ran enough of these to know he should clock them all at 693  

his errors will drop to  0.0020 or less.  his power use will drop 1%

he will end up with maybe .20 x 4800 = 960 gh lost not 3200gh lost and his power will drop 1%

every s-7 has a 0.0020 or better freq  if he has to drop to 650 from 700 to drop from .0157  to .0020 it does not pay

so he should change everyone to 693  and check his 0.0157 numbers

great s-7's will do under 0.0020 at stock

he won't lose by doing two 1 day tests

one at freq 693
one at freq 687

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
We are running about 100 of these units and the GLOBAL hw error state is of about 75%.

We have a huge number of hardware errors, on batch 6/7 miners at stock clock. Not sure where to go from that, these numbers can't be healthy.

Example of 1 miner:

And another one:

Don't know what to do with this so far, other than downclocking but such high numbers aren't normal.

Those aren't terrible.  I think you meant .0075% not 75%.  I usually like to keep mine under .01%.

When these things first start from a power-on they tend to throw a lot of errors.  If you go into the miner config and do a "save and apply" without changing anything just to get cgminer to restart it tends to start with far fewer errors.

Also I personally think you would get better results overall if you raised the temperature on those.
legendary

Wasn't batch 6 supposed to run at 600 mhz and batch 7 at 625 mhz default?

frankly I lost track  they have a different number for every one  Grin

The last one I purchased for my self was a batch 2  that is rated for freq 575

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
I dont get it, global hw rate?  makes no sense, you dont add up the %.  under 0.01% is fine
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

Wasn't batch 6 supposed to run at 600 mhz and batch 7 at 625 mhz default?
legendary

Example of 1 miner:

And another one:

Try freq 693.  You will burn less watts and get higher hash.

The problem can also be fixed with higher volts if your psu,s are doing 12.0. And can be bumped to 12.1 the errors will drop lower.

With 100 s-7s. If I were you freq 693 would be my choice
legendary
Activity: 924
Bitfarms.io

Example of 1 miner:

And another one:

legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Ordered on Jan 15th shipped Jan 23rd set to arrive on Tuesday if tracking information is to be believed.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Yeah boy! Just got an e-mail telling my that my 2pcs Antminer S7 batch 9 have been shipped!
(I made the order in 27th Dec.)

And arrived now in friday, already mining some business  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1456
i ordered both a batch 8 and 2 batch 9's last week.. batch 8 came tuesday.. batch 9 shipped today.

so id say about a weeks worth of hashing

but by now i think its a wash.. just go batch 9

Honestly they should remove bath 8 at this point I think.  I would think they would go to batch 10 or something, only thing I can think of is if they will leave batch 8 as "Shipped out within 5 days with full payment" and just adjust price.

But batch 9 last day should be Feb 5th at latest (at least without compensation).  But that would make you pretty unlucky.  I think Batch 9 is the one most will pick.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
i ordered both a batch 8 and 2 batch 9's last week.. batch 8 came tuesday.. batch 9 shipped today.

so id say about a weeks worth of hashing

but by now i think its a wash.. just go batch 9
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
Is there any particular reason to pay the small (i.e. .13 BTC) premium for a Batch8 S7 instead of a Batch9? Since we are now well past January 20th, I don't see the upside to Batch #8 anymore.

What am I missing here?
Pages:
Jump to: