Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 81. (Read 527798 times)

Activity: 895
Merit: 504
i dont really care for folks that flaunt free electricy. its not really free and should be factored in. some is payig for it wether its your boss mother grandmother rich uncle or if you are setup in the trap abandominium mining via usa and a 96 vovlt phone line society is collectivly paying fr it mining is a waste of time imo if you really want to make money start trading securities and currencies or playing powerball

Agreed.  "Free" power just means someone else is paying for it.  I find it distasteful, and not because I'm jealous--I manage machine rooms and could easily increase my organization's electric bill for my own profit.  Or I could just steal money from the till--it's all the same at the end of the day.

It's really all about how you define "free." Obviously stealing power from someone else isn't "free" power.

But what about power that is sold at a flat rate? Some firms have arrangements where they pay $X for Y Kwh per month. If the firm actually uses Z Kwh per month, and Z < Y, then the firm has Y-Z "free" excess capacity to use each month. This type of arrangement isn't the norm, but it's common enough, and if the owner of the firm decides to use that "free" excess capacity, then it is indeed "free" to them (of course, that assumes that the firm has absolutely no need for the free excess capacity, and could not pay less for a lower amount of capacity).

Maybe not the best example, but when some people say "free," they may mean power that they've already paid for, but aren't using. Sure, technically it isn't free, but relevant to this topic it may as well be, as there is no marginal electricity cost for these people to run an Antminer S7, provided they have the excess paid-for capacity.

If they state it that way instead of I have free electricity, then people would understand. For example, Ivanpah solar thermal plant may generate electricity in excess of what they can sell during a sunny day, plant manager may allow employees to use the excess but it only works during the day just like solar panels as some has mentioned. At night the plant is using power from the grid.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
I feel someone still has mommy paying their electricity while they're living at home with her.

Some days I would love to walk away from everything and just go to Moms, curl up in my old bed and stay there for a few months. Good hot meals everyday, my undies washed, the feeling of being free and protected.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
i dont really care for folks that flaunt free electricy. its not really free and should be factored in. some is payig for it wether its your boss mother grandmother rich uncle or if you are setup in the trap abandominium mining via usa and a 96 vovlt phone line society is collectivly paying fr it mining is a waste of time imo if you really want to make money start trading securities and currencies or playing powerball

Agreed.  "Free" power just means someone else is paying for it.  I find it distasteful, and not because I'm jealous--I manage machine rooms and could easily increase my organization's electric bill for my own profit.  Or I could just steal money from the till--it's all the same at the end of the day.

It's really all about how you define "free." Obviously stealing power from someone else isn't "free" power.

But what about power that is sold at a flat rate? Some firms have arrangements where they pay $X for Y Kwh per month. If the firm actually uses Z Kwh per month, and Z < Y, then the firm has Y-Z "free" excess capacity to use each month. This type of arrangement isn't the norm, but it's common enough, and if the owner of the firm decides to use that "free" excess capacity, then it is indeed "free" to them (of course, that assumes that the firm has absolutely no need for the free excess capacity, and could not pay less for a lower amount of capacity).

Maybe not the best example, but when some people say "free," they may mean power that they've already paid for, but aren't using. Sure, technically it isn't free, but relevant to this topic it may as well be, as there is no marginal electricity cost for these people to run an Antminer S7, provided they have the excess paid-for capacity.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
I feel someone still has mommy paying their electricity while they're living at home with her.
Soo, they are still not free after they have paid for their initial cost years ago or were made almost for free?
Really?

Yes, they are still not free.  You state right in that sentence that they have an initial cost, that means they are not free.  They require maintenance which has a cost.  If something breaks there is cost involved.  Nothing is free in this world.  But it's all just semantics.  For those that get upset over this replace "free" with "low cost" and let the discussion continue.

It's like some employees will bring their own refrigerator and space heater to their cubicle even though the whole complex is temperature maintained and refrigerators available in the break room for use. Why, these employees think they are entitled to, but either the employer or the government (tax payers to be more accurate) are footing the bill because power companies are not giving them free electricity.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Soo, they are still not free after they have paid for their initial cost years ago or were made almost for free?
Really?

Yes, they are still not free.  You state right in that sentence that they have an initial cost, that means they are not free.  They require maintenance which has a cost.  If something breaks there is cost involved.  Nothing is free in this world.  But it's all just semantics.  For those that get upset over this replace "free" with "low cost" and let the discussion continue.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
YES, some of us HAVE FREE POWER. Ever heard of SOLAR, WIND or Water Turbine generators?

Yes we have heard of these..... and none of them are Free They all have an upfront cost and an ongoing maintenance cost that someone pays.

Rich

Really?

Why would anyone CARE, how someone pays for the electricity of their miners? I just don't get the mentality and jealousy here..
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
YES, some of us HAVE FREE POWER. Ever heard of SOLAR, WIND or Water Turbine generators?

Yes we have heard of these..... and none of them are Free They all have an upfront cost and an ongoing maintenance cost that someone pays.

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1694
Go Big or Go Home.....
All you women need to stop getting your panties in a bunch of being JEALOUS for people with free power.

Now stop being little kids and concentrate on having your buggy Antminer S7's operating properly and not worry about others' income.. Roll Eyes
Activity: 918

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

Bwahahahaha, thanks for that. I really needed a chuckle this morning.
Activity: 366
Activity: 798
order  batch9  2016/10/01 shipping today Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 196
I have orders in from the 14th, 15th and 17th for the B9s.  I was hoping to get them a little early, Nope.  Still waiting with no ship date yet. 

It will take some times.  They complete them based on customer's order dates.  My Dec 26th order was shipped first.  Just got confirmation on shipment for my Dec 31st yesterday.  So they're starting to work their into the January orders.

They add back the extra FAN controllers and Hashboard connectors which is really cool.  Does anyone know if we can piggy back 2-4 more FANs to use for Rack cooling without frying the controller?  I wouldn't want to try unless someone already verified it works and no issues since these Bitmain FANs can be over 30-35Watts each.
Activity: 277
FedEx tracking says my Batch 9 order should be in my hands by 12pm Thursday (tomorrow) ... however the tracking location says its in Japan yet.

I just need to get off my lazy ass and make some more power cables so I can plug and play tomorrow.

Then, next on the schedule is Jan 30th.... when my 90 day warentee expires on my batch 3's ... and I FINALLY can crack em open to clean out the dust and dog hair. Simply blasting 120psi of dry compressed air into the unit did nothing to clean out the units with all those individual heatsinks.... a Static Guard coated camel hair paint brush is required for cleaning off the hashboards.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I have orders in from the 14th, 15th and 17th for the B9s.  I was hoping to get them a little early, Nope.  Still waiting with no ship date yet. 
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't seem to find it.  Does anybody know where to get replacement heat sinks for the S7/S5+ or which thermal glue I can use to glue them back on?
My B9 S7 will be here on Friday ;-) Due to our weather here though in KY there might be a delay. Not on bitmains part but on UPS' end.

What is your order date?

Edit: to help and give an idea when outstanding orders might ship, please post both order and ship date not just ETA.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
My B9 S7 will be here on Friday ;-) Due to our weather here though in KY there might be a delay. Not on bitmains part but on UPS' end.
Activity: 196
Wow, that's good profit right there alone on the free electricity!
Pages:
Jump to: