Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 78. (Read 527798 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I'm using a AX1200 to drive two boards and the controller and one RM750 to power the other hash board. Just making sure this is fine to do. Both running on 240v same breaker

That is the incorrect way of connecting it and may cause damage if you don't do the power on and off order properly.  Please see the User guide P4 which will show you exactly the power on and off cycle and how to connect it.  Using 2 PSU that you have is fine, just have to do it the right way.  The AX1200 is a very pricey PSU, and since you have 240V, why not sell that PSU and just get a IBM server PSU with J4bberwock board?  You can power multiple S7 for much cheaper per S7 and you don't have to worry about the power on and off order as you will have plenty of connections available.

https://enshop.bitmain.com/files/download/Antminer%20S7%20user%20guide.pdf

I had an ax1200 and rm750 that's why I'm using them. Got them about 6 months ago.

I did follow the boot up procedure. Powered on all boards before the controller. Boards 1&2 powered by ax1200 and board 3 & controller powered by rm750. The pci to the controller is delayed power via a relay for 5secs

Then you should be good.  You mentioned a backward configuration initially. 
Activity: 201
I'm using a AX1200 to drive two boards and the controller and one RM750 to power the other hash board. Just making sure this is fine to do. Both running on 240v same breaker

That is the incorrect way of connecting it and may cause damage if you don't do the power on and off order properly.  Please see the User guide P4 which will show you exactly the power on and off cycle and how to connect it.  Using 2 PSU that you have is fine, just have to do it the right way.  The AX1200 is a very pricey PSU, and since you have 240V, why not sell that PSU and just get a IBM server PSU with J4bberwock board?  You can power multiple S7 for much cheaper per S7 and you don't have to worry about the power on and off order as you will have plenty of connections available.

I had an ax1200 and rm750 that's why I'm using them. Got them about 6 months ago.

I did follow the boot up procedure. Powered on all boards before the controller. Boards 1&2 powered by ax1200 and board 3 & controller powered by rm750. The pci to the controller is delayed power via a relay for 5secs

That is the incorrect way of connecting it and may cause damage if you don't do the power on and off order properly.  Please see the User guide P4 which will show you exactly the power on and off cycle and how to connect it.  Using 2 PSU that you have is fine, just have to do it the right way.  The AX1200 is a very pricey PSU, and since you have 240V, why not sell that PSU and just get a IBM server PSU with J4bberwock board?  You can power multiple S7 for much cheaper per S7 and you don't have to worry about the power on and off order as you will have plenty of connections available.

Haven't bought any miners direct from Bitmain since the S3/S5 days and I don't seem to remember any such delays in fact I was nearly always generally very pleased with the turnaround times then again that was before they started adding these obnoxious disclaimers right in the Product titles like:

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 8 - Shipped out within 5 days with full payment
Speed:    4.73TH/S
Weight:    4.5 kg
Price:       2.51 BTC
               ( 996.47 USD )

Anybody opt for the $70 extra dollars in hopes that a Batch 8 premium price would buy a more expeditious turnaround in the order time like maybe even similar or close to the old days of the S2/S3/S5 days?

Is this a stupid question?

Thanks in advance  Wink

MikeC
PrincetonNJ

Don't bother.  They will ship about the same date and you save $70.  The Batch 9 unit also comes with all the extra Hashboard controller and fan connections.  They are caught up on the shipping date as most remaining Batch 9 will be shipped out next week.   

Activity: 201
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Haven't bought any miners direct from Bitmain since the S3/S5 days and I don't seem to remember any such delays in fact I was nearly always generally very pleased with the turnaround times then again that was before they started adding these obnoxious disclaimers right in the Product titles like:

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 8 - Shipped out within 5 days with full payment
Speed:    4.73TH/S
Weight:    4.5 kg
Price:       2.51 BTC
               ( 996.47 USD )

Anybody opt for the $70 extra dollars in hopes that a Batch 8 premium price would buy a more expeditious turnaround in the order time like maybe even similar or close to the old days of the S2/S3/S5 days?

Is this a stupid question?

Thanks in advance  Wink

MikeC
PrincetonNJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Can you power an antminer s7 off an evga 1300 and a corsair 500 watt psu? I'm thinking the 1300 for the blades and the 500 for the controller. Would this setup work?

http://www.onlinecomponents.com/mean-well-rsp150012.html?p=11953036&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping%20Suppliers&utm_term=&utm_content=F6xHtb5l&ref=GoogleAd:Shopping%20Suppliers-Mean%20Well&gclid=CP6-94qawsoCFcETHwodq_8Oqw&cshift_ck=e1d7389b-b386-40b8-ba15-c792ced55a6ccsF6xHtb5l

Use this one you need to use your own wires just wire them up yellow=+ black=-

even has a variable dc output from 10vdc to 13.8 vdc  This is what I use works great to.

here is the link for the PCI-E connectors. these are what I used very good quality.

http://www.gigampz.com/store/p7/6-Pin_PCIe_to_Bare_Wire_Cable,_24_Inches_(4-pack).html

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
these are my 3 X S7 Batch 8
fan speed 40%

clipped images

Nice....let's see at 24hr.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009
Things that are happening in bitcoin right now and WILL affect our mining on S7:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12409946

Nothing to worry about. Bitcoin Classic is still in discussion phase and hopefully something comes out as a solution to the current issues and controversies regarding block size.

AFAIK, both core and classic coins will be available for end users/miners. (Not sure about that though)
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
these are my 3 X S7 Batch 8
fan speed 40%

legendary
Activity: 1456
EVERYONE, Please be careful of SCAMMER CCLIU or LUCKYPYRATE trying to sell you S7.  He will pretend to use others for Escrow but then find an excuse to say it's a bad idea and tell you to use LBC as escrow.  Don't fall for his trap.  He have multiple accounts.  Bottom line is, if he won't escrow with someone you trust, DONT FALL FOR HIS SCAM.

When you use escrow as buyer pick one you can agree with buyer on.  Don't just let buyer pick escrow.  If you do that your essentially defeating the purpose.   

Also if you get a PM without asking about buying, or shopping around very good chance it's a scam.  Normal sellers don't sent out random PM's trying to get a sell for the most part.
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
EVERYONE, Please be careful of SCAMMER CCLIU or LUCKYPYRATE trying to sell you S7.  He will pretend to use others for Escrow but then find an excuse to say it's a bad idea and tell you to use LBC as escrow.  Don't fall for his trap.  He have multiple accounts.  Bottom line is, if he won't escrow with someone you trust, DONT FALL FOR HIS SCAM.
legendary
Activity: 924
Bitfarms.io
We were using Minera as a monitoring panel and found out the HW error % is totally innacurate.

After checking back directly on all antminer's interface we have a decent hw error rate. However, if we overclock our batch 7's they tend to raise above.

Nevermind my point then, our HW errors are well within acceptable range.
legendary
Activity: 924
Bitfarms.io
We are running about 100 of these units and the GLOBAL hw error state is of about 75%.

We have a huge number of hardware errors, on batch 6/7 miners at stock clock. Not sure where to go from that, these numbers can't be healthy.

Don't know what to do with this so far, other than downclocking but such high numbers aren't normal.

Wasn't batch 6 supposed to run at 600 mhz and batch 7 at 625 mhz default?

Yes, sorry I had my numbers wrong. Those are Batch 8's.

They come overclocked at 700 mhz per default, and have 45 chips per board.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

People are kind of oblivious, everyone flock to the bigger agglomeration, its a survival instinct. By default the miners are set to Antpool, too and then they advertise 0% fee. So people thing the less = better. But Antpool keep the txfee, so the fee is much higher than Kano's 0.9%.

The other thing is that Bitmain might be keeping a lot of S7 for themselves. It would be rather profitable for them to do so.

Antpoool last month Luck

24 Hours       3 Day         1 Week       2 Weeks       1 Month 
106.00%     108.00%     111.00%     107.00%     103.00%

https://www.antpool.com/poolStats.htm

and it claims lifetime to be 100%  lets say that is true

kano.io claims lifetime to be 104.33%  lets say that is true.

so an antpool miner that earns 100 coins before fees before fees =  97.5 coins  after 2.5 % fee and no transaction fees  so total of 97.5 coins

a miner that mined with kano  would be getting 104.33 coins = 103.39 coins after .9% fee    and about 4 blocks worths of fees say 1 more coin 104.39 coins

so a big time miner not in China    is getting 97.5 coins after fees at antpool  and a bigtime miner with kano would be getting 104.39 coins

So I get if you are in China why mining at antpool makes sense due to firewall issue.     but 97.5 coins vs 104.39 coins  no contest where anyone should mine.

Thats correct math, except Antpool has a 0% fee. So 100% luck would be 100 coins. And Kano after 0.9% fee is indeed at 104~105BTC. So even with Antpool's 0% fee, you lose more using Antpool than Kano.

Even if Kano would be at 100% luck overall, Kano would be superior, because the TX fee account to more than the 0.9% we pay Kano pool. And also Kano has a great backend, which help eliminating Orphans.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

People are kind of oblivious, everyone flock to the bigger agglomeration, its a survival instinct. By default the miners are set to Antpool, too and then they advertise 0% fee. So people thing the less = better. But Antpool keep the txfee, so the fee is much higher than Kano's 0.9%.

The other thing is that Bitmain might be keeping a lot of S7 for themselves. It would be rather profitable for them to do so.

Antpoool last month Luck

and it claims lifetime to be 100%  lets say that is true

kano.io claims lifetime to be 104.33%  lets say that is true.

so an antpool miner that earns 100 coins before fees before fees =  97.5 coins  after 2.5 % fee and no transaction fees  so total of 97.5 coins

a miner that mined with kano  would be getting 104.33 coins = 103.39 coins after .9% fee    and about 4 blocks worths of fees say 1 more coin 104.39 coins

so a big time miner not in China    is getting 97.5 coins after fees at antpool  and a bigtime miner with kano would be getting 104.39 coins

So I get if you are in China why mining at antpool makes sense due to firewall issue.     but 97.5 coins vs 104.39 coins  no contest where anyone should mine.

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Antpoool last month Luck

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I also ended my mining in China over this. Frankly I don't understand why anyone not in China mines on a Chinese pool when kano.is has proven to crush the Chinese pools.

Prior to S7 sales Antpool was approx %18-%19 of network. Thanks to you guys that support diversity, they jumped to almost %23-%25 in just 3 months. Keep buying those S7's. Can't wait to see the growth after the S8/S9 sales. Good job guys.  Wink
Yes, very sarcastic post NOT meant to break or shatter ones delicate nature.

Disclaimer: My numbers could be off by %50.

I still think Pluto is a planet.

Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Anyone have different batches that can compare temperatures?  Does Batch 8/9 run much hotter due to the higher overclocking or does the lower total chip count kind of balance things out?  I want to see if someone who have the 162 Chip S7 compare temperature against Batch 8/9 with 135 Chips.

Here you go nhando, B7 and B8 screenshots, they are at sidehack's place and I am guessing they are on the same rack, fan speed is manual 60%.
B7

B8

Edit: my B9s haven't been shipped, order date Jan 16.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
First antminer s7 board is dead... batch 8
Pages:
Jump to: