Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 Volt Rocket Ship firmware mod! ~Time to Max Out Your Bitmain PSU~ - page 13. (Read 32492 times)

Activity: 446
Merit: 347
okay. I still have a question. I can not connect via the Putty program to the machine. It does not accept the password as root is root / root and is not good. There is a port number I do not understand why it would be a local network.

Hi, it's actually a bug,

1: go to your minor's page via the internet (as usual)
2: change the password (everything except root or admin) eg "rootroot123"
3: go back to try on puty with port 22

With pleasure Wink
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
okay. I still have a question. I can not connect via the Putty program to the machine. It does not accept the password as root is root / root and is not good. There is a port number I do not understand why it would be a local network.

It's root:admin for putty.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
change mhz after choosing which bmminer which is volts

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
no installation videos? please help installation speak English is bad, please do not delete my message.
okay. I can see multiple versions of GitHub (bmminer870, bmminer880, bmminer890, etc.). How do I change the TH ratio? Should I set the Volt or Mhz? Smiley

change mhz after choosing which bmminer which is volts
Read the thread. Yes

okay. I can see multiple versions of GitHub (bmminer870, bmminer880, bmminer890, etc.). How do I change the TH ratio? Should I set the Volt or Mhz? Smiley
okay. Can you send me which version to put on my machine? What can I expect to increase performance? Smiley is there a chance to keep the temperature display?

Read the thread. Yes
Yes this will work on the s9i.

okay. Can you send me which version to put on my machine? What can I expect to increase performance? Smiley is there a chance to keep the temperature display?
Hi there. I would have an Antminer S9i factory 14TH version. I want to operate at 15TH clock.You can help me in taserz? I need a firmware that does not steal your performance Smiley thank you in advance.

Yes this will work on the s9i.

Thank you for this awesome tool taserz! I'll definitely be sending a donation.

Question - I am not able to see the temperatures at all (at any frequency).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RwNg0lbSvgd-WDVx0N1yVJcjGxG2nj8i/view

I read where you said that the machine will turn off if it overheats, but is there any way to get the temperature to show?

Try to flash the s9 650m Fixed and see if temps show. If temps don't show with official firmware it won't work with this one but it will still mine.
Hi there. I would have an Antminer S9i factory 14TH version. I want to operate at 15TH clock.You can help me in taserz? I need a firmware that does not steal your performance Smiley thank you in advance.
Activity: 1
Thank you for this awesome tool taserz! I'll definitely be sending a donation.

Question - I am not able to see the temperatures at all (at any frequency).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RwNg0lbSvgd-WDVx0N1yVJcjGxG2nj8i/view

I read where you said that the machine will turn off if it overheats, but is there any way to get the temperature to show?
Hi taserz,

I tested with my S9 13.5Th/s today (2 PSU), at 725mhz it generated 14,965TH/s (ideal 15,620TH/s) and consumed 1753W. But at 750mhz the result was not different when it consumed 50W more. And last time i tried at 800mhz, the result even worse, it dropped down to around 14,000TH/s and ate 1900++W. Each time i tested for 15-30mins and HW error is minor so don't count. Please advise if my S9 reached its limitation or what ?

Thank you in advance, i really appreciate !

Try one of the firmware above 8.8v (880) try 8.9 or the 9volt one. If you big mhz changes result in almost now th/s increase you need more power otherwise picking high frequency with not enough power it will just suck power and get crap results.
Activity: 4
Hi taserz,

I tested with my S9 13.5Th/s today (2 PSU), at 725mhz it generated 14,965TH/s (ideal 15,620TH/s) and consumed 1753W. But at 750mhz the result was not different when it consumed 50W more. And last time i tried at 800mhz, the result even worse, it dropped down to around 14,000TH/s and ate 1900++W. Each time i tested for 15-30mins and HW error is minor so don't count. Please advise if my S9 reached its limitation or what ?

Thank you in advance, i really appreciate !
Activity: 39
So is there a version that works for the T9's? I did not see one on github.
i have tried the S9 880 on a few of my S9i's and so far it is great but i havent pushed it past 750 MHz yet and i will probably get it on the rest.  i just have a bunch of T9's that i would love to get running a bit faster.

Thanks
teserz , still not have any news from DARVAL?

my T9+ still bricked because for Dollsmizer Scam firmware.

I haven't heard from Darval in a few weeks. I know if there is someone that could fix it it would probably be him.
Activity: 103
teserz , still not have any news from DARVAL?

my T9+ still bricked because for Dollsmizer Scam firmware.
I would like to say a big thank you to the person that donated to my tip jar today. It is very much appreciated and you just made my whole day!
have you solved this problem? i have several S9 13.5T (auto-freq Nov 2017) that report 100+C chip temp on this bmminer880,  want to try it with fix-650M firmware.

100C is normal if you're pushing it really hard on 880 with poor cooling but You should be having cooler temps. What Frequency are you running it at???

hi. i have some trouble with overclock.

[...]

Did you try to run the custom bmminer after flashing 650m or stop right there? Over 15th/s is good? I don't think I understand.
Activity: 18
hi. i have some trouble with overclock.
in my original firmware autofreq firmware

Code:
Chain#    Frequency(avg)         GH/S(ideal)       GH/S(RT)
6            634.47                4,550.34        4,570.80
7            634.61                4,551.01        4,495.66
8            612.85                4,400.00        4,387.96
Total        627.31               13,501.36       13,454.41

then i install 650m firmware my chain 6 give a wrong hashrate. over 15k and some chips in chain 5-8kth.

in old autofreq bitmain add some fixes

Code:
Check Chain[J6] ASIC RT error: (asic index start from 1-63)
Check Chain[J7] ASIC RT error: (asic index start from 1-63)
Asic[13]=11336.400000
Check Chain[J8] ASIC RT error: (asic index start from 1-63)
Done check_asic_reg
Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp=80
Special fix Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp = 85
Chain[5] Chip[32] middle Temp=72
Special fix Chain[5] Chip[32] middle Temp = 69
Done read temp on Chain[5]
Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp=81
Special fix Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp = 81
Chain[6] Chip[32] middle Temp=72
Special fix Chain[6] Chip[32] middle Temp = 67
Done read temp on Chain[6]
Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp=77
Special fix Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp = 81
Chain[7] Chip[32] middle Temp=64
Special fix Chain[7] Chip[32] middle Temp = 62
Done read temp on Chain[7]

and all chip work well. and giving at total 13.5th

how can i fix bad chip hesh in fixed firmware or apply special fix chain?
i want to some overclock but i cant...
Activity: 159
Merit: 12
Hi Tazers,

I tried to flash fix-650M firmware ("Antminer-S9-all-201705031838-650M-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar/gz") to my S9 (which has the default auto-freq Nov 2017 firmware), and I got this "Invalid Upgrade version" messages.
The S9 rebooted itself and it still has the default auto-freq version. So the flash failed.

Could you kindly advise what should I do to flash the fix-650M ?
Thank you very much.

have you solved this problem? i have several S9 13.5T (auto-freq Nov 2017) that report 100+C chip temp on this bmminer880,  want to try it with fix-650M firmware.
Pages:
Jump to: