Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 Volt Rocket Ship firmware mod! ~Time to Max Out Your Bitmain PSU~ - page 8. (Read 32470 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 5
I was getting 1460w avg at the wall on NoDevFee firmware with manual chain settings ranging 625-675m(Did not have the Rocket version by Taserz on hand to try)

After 20 minutes the wattage settled at 1268w and has been averaging that for last 16 hours and counting.

I was hoping the Braiin OS would work on my S9 13.5T but I will have to wait for them to include it, hopefully soon.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Thanks! I recently moved my miner off 2 separate PSUs (I at the time only had 120v plugs) over to a single APW++ and ran a dedicated 240volt line in my garage which acts as a heater for the pets Cheesy  I used to be able to monitor draw based off of watching my solar monitoring GUI, but since the 240v is running directly off the main panel, and not the solar panel I'm not sure what the draw is. I know when I was running the 2 PSUs, I was easily maxing 1600w -/+ 200 with fluctuations and getting 14.7-15.3 TH/s mining rate with taserz BMMINER. I applied the latest LPM and plugged in Tazers BMMINER and I'm at 687MHz averaging high 14.x rate on an late model S9 that had the advertised rate of 13 something. I'm ok with the very small drop in hashing if I am actually getting 10% power savings. time will tell!
Activity: 119
Merit: 2
anyone do an "at-the-wall" number to see if this LPM whatnot is actually making any difference? I'm curious if the % claim they are making is accurate

I haven't personally done it, but ASICBoost is nothing new. There's a few miners out there that have been using it for a while now, and Bitmain has been using it covertly ever since they ripped off the patent owner. There's covert ASICBoost, where you can't tell when someone's using it (which is what Bitmain did for a LONG time) and then there's overt ASICBoost which people can tell you're using.

Bitmain claimed for a long time they didn't use it, but they're full of shit, as they usually are about most things they say as a company. But they're the kings of the market. They can get away with that shit.

It's only pressure from other mining manufacturers, and the final nail in the coffin, Slushpool announcing that their Braiins OS for Antminer's will support overt ASICBoost out of the box, for free, that forced Bitmain's hand in releasing the firmware ahead of time so they look like the good guys.

The claims are true though. You should be doing about 1250W at the wall.

EDIT: I should say though, you do save ~10-13% in electricity but i've noticed about a 3-5% drop in hash rate as well.

That's why i've been so keen to see if Tazer's modifications to bmminer can be replicated for ASICBoost. use that 13% power savings to get 14.5-15.5 TH out of the machine at the same ~1350-1400W (Hopefully)
anyone do an "at-the-wall" number to see if this LPM whatnot is actually making any difference? I'm curious if the % claim they are making is accurate
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
Antminer-S9-all-201705031838-650M-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz

That is still on their site.

I was referring to the Low Power patch.
just as an FYI, if you do a complete firmware upgrade to the new LPM, decide to go back and try to use the Taserz to go back, the S9 will tell you the firmware is incorrect. I had to go back to an older version of Bitmain firmware that I had downloaded a while back, then go back to Taserz. It seems that Bitmain is onto those of us that were overclocking :p
Activity: 119
Merit: 2
Has anyone figured out if you can use the ASICBoost Firmware with the bmminer from Tazer?

I noticed that bmminer is replaced with the LPM firmware. My assumption is that changes are made to bmminer that have to do with ASICBoost and Tazer will need to (if he so humbly chooses to) update his Voltage changing bmminer's to be modified off the new file.

It sure would be nice to take advantage of the 13% power savings and use that 13% to overclock the miners. I have all 1600W PSUs, so to be able to get something like 15TH when i was getting 13.5, for the same wattage would be a dream.

My machines are collocated otherwise I'd try all this myself. I'm a part owner in the collocation company but we're out in Idaho and i live in CT, so it's not exactly easy to get a power read-out from my machines to see if ASICBoost is doing its job AND the voltage/frequency changes take effect.

Any information anyone has would be GREATLY appreciated.

Oh, and if you haven't heard, Slushpool took care of things. The new firmware works on their pool now. All we need now is some new bmminer's for the voltage tuning based on Shitmain's new Firmware and replace of bmminer.

Thanks so much!

Shawn
Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Bitmain uploaded now 3 different versions and the old ones were removed. 1021, 1022 and now 1023. All have different filesizes. But comment is the same.

Antminer-S9-all-201705031838-650M-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz

That is still on their site.
Bitmain uploaded now 3 different versions and the old ones were removed. 1021, 1022 and now 1023. All have different filesizes. But comment is the same.
Activity: 59
All my machines are currently away being hosted rats....

I have a feeling if you do firmware upgrade. Then replace firmware the LPM toggle won't do anything. I checked bitmains repo and they did not release the source for the new firmware.... For a 5% power saving I am seeing on the forums I don't think it is worth switching over to it. Granted if LPM toggle does work which meh idk and we can still overclock and tweak the settings it is def worth it. But I am at a standstill on figuring that out hopefully Slush's team can before me but with a lack of resources it's a b&@ch.

You can still volt and overclock, but on stock firmware, anything past 675 is nerfed to 870 mz. If you need anything in the meantime taserz I can provide you with files and stuff.
On a stock S9 I can confirm that the LPM firmware either modifies or replaces the bmminer file, I would assume it would replace a modified bmminer as well.  The LPM bitmain bmminer does not work with slushpool.

I added Taserz bmminer after the update to LPM and it does work with slushpool.  This modified bmminer seems to run faster with LPM checked, maybe someone else can confirm this, I don't have time to check on multiple machines at this time.  bmminer880 650 freq 13.950 th/s.  With LPM unchecked I see readings closer to 13.825 th/s.  I don't have access to power readings at the moment unfortunately.

All my machines are currently away being hosted rats....

I have a feeling if you do firmware upgrade. Then replace firmware the LPM toggle won't do anything. I checked bitmains repo and they did not release the source for the new firmware.... For a 5% power saving I am seeing on the forums I don't think it is worth switching over to it. Granted if LPM toggle does work which meh idk and we can still overclock and tweak the settings it is def worth it. But I am at a standstill on figuring that out hopefully Slush's team can before me but with a lack of resources it's a b&@ch.
Activity: 113
Merit: 31
On a stock S9 I can confirm that the LPM firmware either modifies or replaces the bmminer file, I would assume it would replace a modified bmminer as well.  The LPM bitmain bmminer does not work with slushpool.

I added Taserz bmminer after the update to LPM and it does work with slushpool.  This modified bmminer seems to run faster with LPM checked, maybe someone else can confirm this, I don't have time to check on multiple machines at this time.  bmminer880 650 freq 13.950 th/s.  With LPM unchecked I see readings closer to 13.825 th/s.  I don't have access to power readings at the moment unfortunately.
Everyone is my thread is overclocking but I do have some bmminers with lower voltage for undervoltoing

Hey @taserz, can you maybe check if the recent Low Power upgrade by Bitmain affects your config? It seems a bit suspicious how the miners hash after applying the update. I also saw in the archive of the update, that there is a bmminer file. maybe it overwrites your bmminer?!
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Voltage 880 and 787MHz.

The hashrate changes sometimes depending on temperature even if you just reboot without changing anything.

Yeah, I noticed the spikes and dips as well. We will see how it affects the 24h average.
Voltage 880 and 787MHz.

The hashrate changes sometimes depending on temperature even if you just reboot without changing anything.
Activity: 604
Merit: 416
Works with the newest low power patch from bitmain. Dont know what is modified by the patch though. 50-100w less power consumption 0,2-0,4 TH less.

What voltage and clock did you use? Since actually, I have a different conclusion... With this setup:
13.5TH/s unit
910v
825Hz
~1950W at wall
~17.4TH/s achieved with previous fixed firmware.

And with newer firmware everything was the same except the hashrate. It achieved 17.6-17.7TH/s. Will have to let it work for 24h to get exact results.

Tho, I am using 1600W Bitmain's PSU.
Works with the newest low power patch from bitmain. Dont know what is modified by the patch though. 50-100w less power consumption 0,2-0,4 TH less.
There is not information on the first page about dev-fee for this firmware. Is there, percentage?

This firmware has no dev-fee. Many of the others have dev-fee or hidden dev-fee not mentioned.

This is for free. If you want to donate coin you can. A few users have done so and I am grateful as I tuned some setting to what I think is ideal.
I dont know its all tve same. You can find it on ebay e.g. its 2% devfee. But i read its even more.
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
It's per chain ignore that garbage you see floating around it has a dev fee and does nothing it advertises.

There is not information on the first page about dev-fee for this firmware. Is there, percentage?
Pages:
Jump to: