Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 Volt Rocket Ship firmware mod! ~Time to Max Out Your Bitmain PSU~ - page 9. (Read 32470 times)

Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Does anybody know a firmware that tunes the chips individually without devfee? I would like to try to find out if that decreases HW errors...

It's per chain ignore that garbage you see floating around it has a dev fee and does nothing it advertises.
Activity: 306
Merit: 7
Does anybody know a firmware that tunes the chips individually without devfee? I would like to try to find out if that decreases HW errors...
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
I believe his bmminer ignores config file fans. Mostly because someone would turn them off I'd assume lol
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
I have this in my "bmminer.conf"

Code:
"bitmain-fan-ctrl": true,
"bitmain-fan-pwm": "55"

It works perfectly well ... but once your custom Bmminer use, the fans are in auto ...
Hi Taserz, i have one S9 and i try your BMMINER 890 and working very well ! good job ! Wink

but i have one problem, the option "fix-fan" ase removed ? how to activate to fix fan at % ?

thanks Wink

It still will run properly it just doesn't show it for some s9 models but not all.
Hi Taserz, i have one S9 and i try your BMMINER 890 and working very well ! good job ! Wink

but i have one problem, the option "fix-fan" ase removed ? how to activate to fix fan at % ?

thanks Wink
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
Hope to get yes/no answer.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Please, tell me, can I rewrite firmware for S9 from PC or I need flash-card?

Look below in the sub section your in for compiling bmminer from bitmain git.

NVM, just got the link for ya.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/building-bmminer-from-bitmains-github-4030824
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
Please, tell me, can I rewrite firmware for S9 from PC or I need flash-card?
donator
Merit: 262
Interesting.
Please share, would love to try some
How lucky have you guys been with undervoltage?
How low can you get, how efficient can you be while keeping the default frequency?

Everyone is my thread is overclocking but I do have some bmminers with lower voltage for undervoltoing
Activity: 159
Merit: 12
hi all, i've got recently used S9 13.5T from 2017 oct or nov batch, when i uploaded and set bmminer880 or bmminer890/bmminer9v it shows no information about chip temp. i also noticed that with bmminer880 or bmminer890 it shows 12.5 TH, but with bmminer9v shows 14.3 Th, but still i dont see chip temp = anybody faces the same issues?
amazing, my APW3 cut a 1680W wall 230V ... can be other serie?

Its a AWP3++
I measure at wall with TP Link smart plugs. HS110.

What about this question:

Question: Would you prefer nealry 0 HW errors and lose about 0.2 TH or go with the HW errors? I try keeping the HW errors very low because I assume it affects the hashrate more than the extra 0.1-0.2 TH. What do you say?
Hey guys. Further findings:
Right now I am trying to find the sweet spots for the miners. I tuned the S9s individually and I am using bmminer 880 and 890, depending on chip quality. The 14.0 TH models run at 787,5 - 800 Mhz and draw between 1800 and 1830W. I managed to draw up to 1930W from an AWP3++ PSU, but thats too near at the safety shutdown point. The range for safety shutdown seems to be between 1870 and 1950W at least for my AWP3++.

Question: Would you prefer nealry 0 HW errors and lose about 0.2 TH or go with the HW errors? I try keeping the HW errors very low because I assume it affects the hashrate more than the extra 0.1-0.2 TH. What do you say?

amazing, my APW3 cut a 1680W wall 230V ... can be other serie?
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
What temperature in kernel log should be watching?
Hey guys. Further findings:
Right now I am trying to find the sweet spots for the miners. I tuned the S9s individually and I am using bmminer 880 and 890, depending on chip quality. The 14.0 TH models run at 787,5 - 800 Mhz and draw between 1800 and 1830W. I managed to draw up to 1930W from an AWP3++ PSU, but thats too near at the safety shutdown point. The range for safety shutdown seems to be between 1870 and 1950W at least for my AWP3++.

donator
Merit: 262
Interesting.
if I can allow myself,

Original T9 + = 10.5Ths ==> 1450W at wall 220v
         My T9 + = 12.5Ths ==> 1400W at wall 220V

Its worth it 2Th free! ?

Regards: p

But I agree 100% not to mount Bmminer S9 that VERY strongly risk giving the error "PIC Error" and brick one or more hash board ...

That's impressive, can you give more details, volts you used, clocks you used?
Anyone did the same with S9?
well, sometimes you are lucky and able to rent a darn cheap place andhave E included...  Cool

It will be HOT HOT HOT (sing it)
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
well, sometimes you are lucky and able to rent a darn cheap place andhave E included...  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: