Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 Volt Rocket Ship firmware mod! ~Time to Max Out Your Bitmain PSU~ - page 15. (Read 32455 times)

Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
okay.... But is 16TH the max on 800Mhz with the 13.5 S9 then?
how to squeeze more out of it?

More power so try the 9v 9.1 9.2 firmware with higher clock speed but it will need more than 1600w
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
I was only able to get 18th with an s9i. The more efficient the miner the higher it will hash at whichever clock speed.

okay.... But is 16TH the max on 800Mhz with the 13.5 S9 then?
how to squeeze more out of it?
Taserz: can you tell me how to get the 17-18th with the 1600w psu?
i get "only" 16th max.

I was only able to get 18th with an s9i. The more efficient the miner the higher it will hash at whichever clock speed.
Taserz: can you tell me how to get the 17-18th with the 1600w psu?
i get "only" 16th max.
i find flashing a little tricky, so if you can post me a link to the correct firmware i should have to use your modification, i am willing to try this also. Poosibly its the incorrect fw which causes the lower hash?

Also: when i set the 1S9 to 837Mhz, it wont start, and in the status screen it gives 1175Mhz!!
Also same in web page of miner, kernel log, it says max. freq is set to 1175Mhz...
Is this a bug?

https://i.imgur.com/ka717yj.png

Yeah that would be a bug don't use 837. One other frequency setting does that as well. Curious why that happens on those two settings.
where i'm doing wrong

flashed with 650 fix freq for s9 13.5Th 1600W psu

copy bmminer 8.80

but nothing happened and still getting  13.5 Th/s

you need to alter the frequency in "advanced" menu as described. Start with 700-725Mhz.
Activity: 103
Merit: 0
where i'm doing wrong

flashed with 650 fix freq for s9 13.5Th 1600W psu

copy bmminer 8.80

but nothing happened and still getting  13.5 Th/s
i find flashing a little tricky, so if you can post me a link to the correct firmware i should have to use your modification, i am willing to try this also. Poosibly its the incorrect fw which causes the lower hash?

Also: when i set the 1S9 to 837Mhz, it wont start, and in the status screen it gives 1175Mhz!!
Also same in web page of miner, kernel log, it says max. freq is set to 1175Mhz...
Is this a bug?

voila:

16TH@800mhz:

Whopping temp  Huh

am readout: crisis when you see this!!  Shocked

All of them. 8.8 8.9 and 9 are your best bets to not draw tons of power while overclocking. Flash 650m then copy over I would use the 8.8v or 8.9v if your trying to keep it efficient.

should i download "650M" from bitmain ?
Ambient is approx. 22 centigrade. Most other miners hover above 80 cencius. Chip temps of 65-70 deg.

personally i find 100 deg. awfully hot.

My other modded S9 runs at 16Th 800mhz, at 89 degrees, chiptemp 76 71 71 (all values from awesome miner)

The program gets its input from the api access of the miner itself, so i assume it should be equal??

Awesome miner gets the temps from the antminer api which is the web interface. There is no way it is 140c unless it bugged out on you.

My other modded S9 runs at 16Th 800mhz, at 89 degrees, chiptemp 76 71 71 (all values from awesome miner)

That doesn't make sense 800mhz it should be at around 18th not 16th. 700-725mhz is around 16-16.5th.

Aso 100deg isn't really that hot they were originally designed to withstand 135c but I have this set to thermal throttle much lower.

Granted the rule of thumb is keep them under 110C for S9

Ambient is approx. 22 centigrade. Most other miners hover above 80 cencius. Chip temps of 65-70 deg.

personally i find 100 deg. awfully hot.

The program gets its input from the api access of the miner itself, so i assume it should be equal??
Eeehhh....
I have one miner that gives a temperature of 147 celcius!! (in awesome miner)
Chip temps 88 79 78 (in awesome miner). Temps in webpage of miner are 100 99 98 celcius... Huh?

What can be wrong here?

In order to keep the temp. a bit lower as the others, i have set frequency at 625, which gives 13.45 Th.

How reliable is the readout, and why does it give these values?

its a 13.5Th S9 machine...

Reliability of webpanel is fine 100 99 98 is fine. I have no idea where awesome miner is getting 147c the miner would turn off before it even hit that temp as I hard coded a max temp shut off.

How how is the ambient temp I run 700mhz on s9 no problem with 8.8v-8.9v
Eeehhh....
I have one miner that gives a temperature of 147 celcius!! (in awesome miner)
Chip temps 88 79 78 (in awesome miner). Temps in webpage of miner are 100 99 98 celcius... Huh?

What can be wrong here?

In order to keep the temp. a bit lower as the others, i have set frequency at 625, which gives 13.45 Th.

How reliable is the readout, and why does it give these values?

its a 13.5Th S9 machine...
teserz which version is compatible for s9 13.5Th? 
i should just copy bmminer or i should flash the original firmware after that copy Bmminer? and which version for bmminer?

All of them. 8.8 8.9 and 9 are your best bets to not draw tons of power while overclocking. Flash 650m then copy over I would use the 8.8v or 8.9v if your trying to keep it efficient.
teserz which version is compatible for s9 13.5Th? 
i should just copy bmminer or i should flash the original firmware after that copy Bmminer? and which version for bmminer?
hi.
i have old s9 13.5th. psu - apw3++1600w
what max ths i can get using 650fixed firmware + your 8.8v bmminer?
what is your devfee?

no dev fee. Try 700-750 mhz. Let me know how it goes on the 1600w psu.
Activity: 18
hi.
i have old s9 13.5th. psu - apw3++1600w
what max ths i can get using 650fixed firmware + your 8.8v bmminer?
what is your devfee?
[...]

It is a bit of a mix between the 2 versions based off what psu you have. I much prefer using the 8.8v one for the s9i as it runs very stable and not too hot at 800mhz-825mhz. Anything beyond that you will get a drop in hashrate because you would need more power to run it better hence the 9volt firmware or any of the others on the github. You can tweak the frequency to the max it can for each voltage but as voltage goes up and mhz goes up efficiency is slowly lost so you need to find a happy medium. For me that is 8.8@800mhz 9.2@900mhz.

The pool doesn't know the hasrate of the miner. It just does some math of how many accepted shares over time. Most pools take 1 hour to figure out the hashrate such as slush.

-I could but that would need to be a firmware flash and I have no built firmware packages yet. Also making this a little bit more difficult than just flashing a firmware makes sure the users will read the thread before flashing a thirdparty software. I want people to know what the changes are and not just flash and hope for the best granted that will be coming.

-Fan speed can be set I posted somewhere above in the threads a way to hard set the fan speeds while connected over winscp by changing the config file.

-For the proper linux permissons it should be 0777

-All the firmwares do the same thing they just have different fixed voltages.

-The orignal firmware was to run at 9v. Then I figured I should make a bunch of different ones for different psu configurations and the more efficent s9i,s9j. You have to see which works best for you. For me I like the s9i at 8.8v@800mhz with apw3+ and 9.2v@900mhz with apw5+
Activity: 7
Trying to figure that out as this is pretty odd. As we did not flash a different firmware than what is on your machine. We replaced the factory bmminer with one that removed the voltage limitation and fanspeed checks. Was it mining properly on the official T9+ firmware?

yes.. it was.. mining was fine with the default and upgraded firmware. My machine is new..

anyone have default version of the t9+?
Pages:
Jump to: