Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 Volt Rocket Ship firmware mod! ~Time to Max Out Your Bitmain PSU~ - page 18. (Read 32455 times)

Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
If I flash fixed freq at this juncture will I need to replace bminer again?

Correct.
Activity: 71
Merit: 2
Why are you using autofreq? with fw from post 1 you can change just about anything. If memory serves me correctly the very first instruction is get rid of autofreq.

If I flash fixed freq at this juncture will I need to replace bminer again?
Any Chance you could work in fan control adjustment? I'd like mine to be 100% all the time regardless of temperature

I'm also using the 88 version on an older 13.7 th model, just set it up, I'll let you know how it goes over the next week or so

One way to do this while in winscp go to /config/bmminer.conf set permissions as 777

edit bmminer.conf

You need too add the following two lines above the line that reads "bitmain-use-vil":

"bitmain-fan-ctrl" : true,

"bitmain-fan-pwm" : "100",

Then save it and restart bmminer and your fan will be locked to 100%

You can also do this method: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/solution-for-antminer-s9-fans-speed-up-down-every-20-seconds-2690140
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Any Chance you could work in fan control adjustment? I'd like mine to be 100% all the time regardless of temperature

I'm also using the 88 version on an older 13.7 th model, just set it up, I'll let you know how it goes over the next week or so
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Sent my 4 machines back to hosting. Three set @ 725 MHZ are ceasing to hash randomly. I have remotely rebooted them. One was ceasing to hash so frequently I lowered it from 725 to 650. Now that one appears to be periodically resetting itself. I am running the Autofreq FW on all four. I think I may have heat issues. Any suggestions? I need these babies to stabilize.

Why are you using autofreq? with fw from post 1 you can change just about anything. If memory serves me correctly the very first instruction is get rid of autofreq.
Activity: 71
Merit: 2
Sent my 4 machines back to hosting. Three set @ 725 MHZ are ceasing to hash randomly. I have remotely rebooted them. One was ceasing to hash so frequently I lowered it from 725 to 650. Now that one appears to be periodically resetting itself. I am running the Autofreq FW on all four. I think I may have heat issues. Any suggestions? I need these babies to stabilize.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
notepadd++ should work fine set it's language to C and it should look better that or sublime text 3

i have try sublime text 3, open it is "0000 0000 1200 0000 b005 0000 0000 0000"
for the number izzit the source ?

and want to ask, you know how to setting antminer pool load balance ?
taserz, what you did is wonderful. I haven't seen people do anything for free in crypto for a while.

Thanks, everyone is trying to tack on huge 5% or more dev fee.Figure might as well match what everyone else is doing and do it for free.

want to ask, you is using what editor to edit "bmminer"

i am using notepad++ or other nomal html editor open it, the file is garbled

notepadd++ should work fine set it's language to C and it should look better that or sublime text 3
want to ask, you is using what editor to edit "bmminer"

i am using notepad++ or other nomal html editor open it, the file is garbled
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
not any news from darval?

I am still working on it.  I am trying to rewrite my tool set to support both the T9+ and S9 since they both use a similar interface at the low level (the L3 and A3 use the linux i2c driver to talk to the pic, the T9+ and S9 go directly through the FPGA).  Hoping to give you another update this coming weekend.

We just updated my son's farm to 15 S9's and he also has a couple T9+s, so that will be my test bed. Smiley
i only had it running for 15 mins. been doing some testing and that is why i wanted to ask about the voltage. is there a place i can set it lower? i may tinker around with trying to keep it under 1600w and around 725mhz

8.8v is your best bet to do that. 8.7v your going to get hw errors at 700mhz+ or lots of discarded
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
i only had it running for 15 mins. been doing some testing and that is why i wanted to ask about the voltage. is there a place i can set it lower? i may tinker around with trying to keep it under 1600w and around 725mhz
taserz i just want to thank you for this mod. im using it on a s9 14th right now and it is getting me to 15.1th with clock at 725mhz. voltage is from a 1600w bitmain power supply running at 1645w so i dont want to push it anymore but i was wondering do you know the voltage limits on these asics? could they go lower than 880? that is what im usiing right now.

You can go lower than 880 and run it more efficiently but your overclock potential goes out the window. 880 is the stock voltage bitmain use to use before auto tune so it has the best luck with overclocking.

So you 14th S9 is running at 725mhz and on the apw3 1600w and is drawing 1645w? How long has it been running and does it trip your bitmain psu at all?
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
taserz i just want to thank you for this mod. im using it on a s9 14th right now and it is getting me to 15.1th with clock at 725mhz. voltage is from a 1600w bitmain power supply running at 1645w so i dont want to push it anymore but i was wondering do you know the voltage limits on these asics? could they go lower than 880? that is what im usiing right now.
With proper cooling the S9i 14th on the 9V firmware running an APW5 you can get up to 20th/s!!!!
The T9+ i have amend myself try 675MHZ is running 12.5t

-----

want to ask your FW update the 3 have what the different ?

bmminer880 = 13T -> 17T / 8.8v can run on 1600w power supply ?

bmminer890
bmminer9v

yes 8.8v 1600w
The T9+ i have amend myself try 675MHZ is running 12.5t

-----

want to ask your FW update the 3 have what the different ?

bmminer880 = 13T -> 17T / 8.8v can run on 1600w power supply ?

bmminer890
bmminer9v
You run 800MHz @9V right? I guess my meter would measure like 1900W. I might try that once ambient temps are lower.

I have another question. One of my S9 (01/2018 batch) is having trouble to keep up hashing on 2 boards above 700MHz. It is hashing, but RT is much lower than ideal. Is there some tool for S9 like for A3/D3 (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a3d3-voltage-modification-file-for-antminer-a3-and-d3-free-4032178) which can increase PIC voltage on specific board? Thank you.

That can be done with a modification it is a work in progress.

oh, understand.

and want to ask the T9+ can overclock?

and how to setup S9 with original hashrate integrate a dev fee

The T9+ can but I am not sure how much nor would I recommend it since they hash quite a bit slower as it is.
Activity: 103
Activity: 12
Merit: 5
Yes I will do it later tonight or in the morning.

I noticed your s9i and s9 run the same wattage at 72MHz What is funny though I run my S9i 14th unit at 800mhz on a 1600w psu and it runs just fine without tripping the psu.

You run 800MHz @9V right? I guess my meter would measure like 1900W. I might try that once ambient temps are lower.

I have another question. One of my S9 (01/2018 batch) is having trouble to keep up hashing on 2 boards above 700MHz. It is hashing, but RT is much lower than ideal. Is there some tool for S9 like for A3/D3 (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a3d3-voltage-modification-file-for-antminer-a3-and-d3-free-4032178) which can increase PIC voltage on specific board? Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: