Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer S9 Volt Rocket Ship firmware mod! ~Time to Max Out Your Bitmain PSU~ - page 24. (Read 32455 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Known Issues:
• Hashboard do not report temps but will still mine. Possible good and bad. If you have a hashboard with no temp reading it may work just fine with this mod. The miner will still stop mining if it overheats.

Hello, man.
Specify, please, the temperature is shown incorrectly?
I installed your firmware. The temperature has risen by 20 degrees.
Is it displayed incorrectly?
New firmware:

Code:
Done check_asic_reg
do read temp on Chain[5]
Chain[5] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=-112
read failed, old value: Chain[5] Chip[62] local Temp=62
Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp=38
218 fix Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp = 97
Done read temp on Chain[5]
do read temp on Chain[6]
Chain[6] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=-111
Chain[6] Chip[62] local Temp=61
Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp=33
218 fix Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp = 96
Done read temp on Chain[6]
do read temp on Chain[7]
Chain[7] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=-100
Chain[7] Chip[62] local Temp=61
Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp=33
218 fix Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp = 96
Done read temp on Chain[7]
set FAN speed according to: temp_highest=62 temp_top1[PWM_T]=97 temp_top1[TEMP_POS_LOCAL]=62 temp_change=0 fix_fan_steps=0
FAN PWM: 74
read_temp_func Done!
CRC error counter=0

Old firmware:

Code:
Done check_asic_reg
do read temp on Chain[5]
Chain[5] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=27
Chain[5] Chip[62] local Temp=58
Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp=133
Special fix Chain[5] Chip[62] middle Temp = 73
Done read temp on Chain[5]
do read temp on Chain[6]
Chain[6] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=27
Chain[6] Chip[62] local Temp=55
Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp=141
Special fix Chain[6] Chip[62] middle Temp = 70
Done read temp on Chain[6]
do read temp on Chain[7]
Chain[7] Chip[62] TempTypeID=1a middle offset=27
Chain[7] Chip[62] local Temp=60
read failed on Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp old value:74
Special fix Chain[7] Chip[62] middle Temp = 75
Done read temp on Chain[7]
set FAN speed according to: temp_highest=60 temp_top1[PWM_T]=60 temp_top1[TEMP_POS_LOCAL]=60 temp_change=1 fix_fan_steps=0
FAN PWM: 68
read_temp_func Done!
CRC error counter=0

What temperature should I look at local Temp?

And how to install fans at 90-100%? I put the firmware 650M and installed a 100% fan - it did not work.
Ty.
Activity: 28
Hi Tazers,

I tried to flash fix-650M firmware ("Antminer-S9-all-201705031838-650M-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar/gz") to my S9 (which has the default auto-freq Nov 2017 firmware), and I got this "Invalid Upgrade version" messages.
The S9 rebooted itself and it still has the default auto-freq version. So the flash failed.

Could you kindly advise what should I do to flash the fix-650M ?
Thank you very much.
Activity: 287
Merit: 18
would this work on T9+(10.50TH)??
Activity: 538
Merit: 175
Impressive but unsustainable? At those temps the case gets so hot, wouldn't the cables begin to melt and life of the miner drastically reduce?
Also is there a point to doing this is if extra power draw negates the increased hashing power?
It looks like it would be a great setup for liquid cooling though.

The cables are rated for 125C heat. It is good to remember that the frequency can be varied based on temperature to keep below any threshold. With 35C current summer temps, it is clear that this method would be very effective during the winter.

Of course, it uses extra power, but it is still proportional. So for example instead of $4 profit - $2 electricity you can have $6 profit - $3 electricity and increase your profits by 150%.

Lastly if a board dies on a miner and warranty replacement is not possible, you can recover much of the hashrate using this method to have at least 12th left over, not far from the original 13.5th.
Activity: 37
You are seeing chip temps there, not PCB temps. I have PCB cutoff at 90C and chip cutoff at 110C. Miner is in 30-35C ambient air. Fully air cooled, fans set manually to 100% duty cycle. Notice HW% is 0.0000%

https://i.stack.imgur.com/mnnUa.png

Impressive but unsustainable? At those temps the case gets so hot, wouldn't the cables begin to melt and life of the miner drastically reduce?
Also is there a point to doing this is if extra power draw negates the increased hashing power?
It looks like it would be a great setup for liquid cooling though.
And temps running to 101c! Have you disengaged autoshutoff?

You are seeing chip temps there, not PCB temps. I have PCB cutoff at 90C and chip cutoff at 110C. Miner is in 30-35C ambient air. Fully air cooled, fans set manually to 100% duty cycle. Notice HW% is 0.0000%

https://i.stack.imgur.com/mnnUa.png
Activity: 3
 Wink

Fix freq=750 DAYUUUM YOU OVER CLOCKING YO!. Chain[5] voltage_pic=74 value=900 Turn up the heat and hash has hash that ass
You can push to the same with this firmware you might just get some hw errors and I do not recommend. Going over 18th generally means 2kw of power draw.

And temps running to 101c! Have you disengaged autoshutoff?
Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
18.4 TH?? Shocked

You can push to the same with this firmware you might just get some hw errors and I do not recommend. Going over 18th generally means 2kw of power draw.

It works with Antminer S9i 14TH/s or old S9?

It will work on both of them. I might compile a firmware setup for the apw3 aka 1600w psu vs the new 1800w psu.
No, I am using my own custom firmware, I was just letting you know what I have found to be the limit on a 1600w bitmain PSU. Without power limitations it is stable at 850M and above.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/397O1.png

18.4 TH?? Shocked
With this firmware? I can modify it for the 1600w psu. I currently have it set for the 1800w bitmain psu.
No, I am using my own custom firmware, I was just letting you know what I have found to be the limit on a 1600w bitmain PSU. Without power limitations it is stable at 850M and above.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/397O1.png
With the 1600W-rated bitmain PSU I have not been able to get beyond 687.5M. 14.8th is still a decent improvement, though.

With this firmware? I can modify it for the 1600w psu. I currently have it set for the 1800w bitmain psu.
With the 1600W-rated bitmain PSU I have not been able to get beyond 687.5M. 14.8th is still a decent improvement, though.
At 725mhz it runs at 1782W so anything under that should run stable on the bitmain PSU

Placeholder for future info.
WARNING THIS FIRMWARE MIGHT VOID THE WARRANTY ON YOUR MINER

https://github.com/taserz/S9-Volt-Rocket-Ship

S9 Volt Rocket Ship

This is made for the 13.5th and 14th S9i.

Download: https://github.com/taserz/S9-Volt-Rocket-Ship/raw/master/bmminer9v

The following is good to run at 800mhz and gets 17th/s and is STABLE and will almost max out the bitmain 1600w psu. This one is running at 8.8v and there are a few other small modifications that seemed to work better for the s9i. If you have an s9i use this one below for a stable 17th. I need some people to test this on 13.5 and 14th S9 non i models.

Download: https://github.com/taserz/S9-Volt-Rocket-Ship/raw/master/bmminer880

Upgrade instructions:

• Flash Fixed Frequency firmware.
  • ssh into your piner. For example, download and run Putty and connect to the ip of your miner.
  • Type /etc/init.d/bmminer.sh stop
  • Run WinSCP and connect to your miners ip.
  • Go to remote directory /usr/bin and rename bmminer to bmminer.old (so we can always put it back)
  • Browse on your local side to wherever you downloaded the copy of bmminer and change their permissions of the file to executable.
  • Copy the now executable copy of bmminer onto your miner.
  • Now you should see bmminer and bmminer.old which is new and old.
  • In putty type: /etc/init.d/bmminer.sh restart
  • Got back to your miners web console and you should see in the kernal log it is running at 9v.
  • Go to minersip./cgi-bin/minerAdvanced.cgi and change the frequency of the miner. I would start at around 675mhz and run it for a few minutes and check for hardware errors.
  • Keep increasing the mhz until you find the spot where there are to many hardware errors happening in the miner status then roll it back some mhz until it is stable.

Now you can benefit from running your s9 like a Rocket Ship.. Get it 9Volt Rocket Ship... It is running at 9 volts muahahaha

• You can now increase your voltage up to whichever works best for you.
• If one of your fans is not working or is not reporting it to speed it will not complain and flood your kernal log.
• I believe I have it so no fans can be plugged in and it will hash perfect for immersive cooling.
• If you flashed to the fix frequency prior you have full fan control.
• If you are looking to hash at a lower speed at lower voltage I changed the following 650mhz to 631 8.8v 631 to 631mhz to 606mhz 8.7v 581mhz or less 8.6v. I might be changing this completely based on feedback.

Please post below any issues you have so I can tweak the file a bit more. Also please post what frequency you are able to run stable at and please let us know if it is a 13.5th or 14th unit. The goal of this mod is to make it so you can squeeze as much power as you can out of the bitmain psu so if you have cheap or free electricity you can benefit from the increased speed. If any of your miner turn off and don't immediately turn back on it is because the psu when into protective mode because it was drawing to much power. Please let me know if that happens to you and list which bitmain psu you have as some are capable of 1600w and some 1800w but we have noticed the ones rated at 1600w go much higher than that.

Please also post what temps you are running at and at which frequency.

Known Issues:

• Hashboard do not report temps but will still mine. Possible good and bad. If you have a hashboard with no temp reading it may work just fine with this mod. The miner will still stop mining if it overheats.

If you have any issues stop bmminer from putty and in WinSCP delete bmminer and then rename bmminer.old to bminner which will be your stock settings.

Pages:
Jump to: