Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 71. (Read 149094 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
October 27, 2014, 08:54:21 AM

Thats because Estonia is expensive to ship to, you can take that up with UPS. Shipping to UK is $230.

PS, VAT is nothing to do with shipping prices or Bitmain, its your government charging that.

My only shipping choice is UPS  for  543.85 USD .

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
October 27, 2014, 08:32:26 AM

Also MOQ is down to 20 for those wanting to purchase directly now. Its still quite a few but better than 60. You could probably share 10 and 10 with a friend.

I give up.
Shipping to my location in EU still 543.85 USD
27,19 USD per piece + 20% VAT = 32,63 USD per piece for shipping.

Item cost 1120 USD +20% VAT = 1344 USD : 20= 67,2 USD per piece

Thats because Estonia is expensive to ship to, you can take that up with UPS. Shipping to UK is $230.

PS, VAT is nothing to do with shipping prices or Bitmain, its your government charging that.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
October 27, 2014, 08:23:19 AM

Also MOQ is down to 20 for those wanting to purchase directly now. Its still quite a few but better than 60. You could probably share 10 and 10 with a friend.

I give up.
Shipping to my location in EU still 543.85 USD
27,19 USD per piece + 20% VAT = 32,63 USD per piece for shipping.

Item cost 1120 USD +20% VAT = 1344 USD : 20= 67,2 USD per piece

Total cost per item 99,83 USD
Too late, too expensive.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
October 27, 2014, 03:54:08 AM
The "retailers" will jack the price up wiping out any ROI potential that ever existed unfortunately.  Sad

I don't believe these are designed for ROI.. I believe these are designed to just be slick miners for people who wish to just mine and not spend a lot.  The prices won't be that expensive IMO.   Eyeboot.com for example has very reasonable prices.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
October 26, 2014, 08:28:08 PM
The "retailers" will jack the price up wiping out any ROI potential that ever existed unfortunately.  Sad

I don't believe these are designed for ROI.. I believe these are designed to just be slick miners for people who wish to just mine and not spend a lot.  The prices won't be that expensive IMO.   Eyeboot.com for example has very reasonable prices.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
October 26, 2014, 08:21:03 PM
Looks slick, IMO could be quite awesome for anyone just wanting to get into a bit of mining.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
October 26, 2014, 06:36:29 PM
1) no its not, it's an external brick like the BFL jalapeño had.
2) it probably is. Likely about 15% the weight of the final package

1) That's what I said :/
2) Its probably not even 15% due to the heftiness of the U3 and the packaging. But even at 15%, its not going to make a huge difference to the shipping.

As I've said above, we evaluated adding a second SKU and determined it wasn't worthwhile. Now if several people were to come together and show that they'd order a few 100 of that SKU, then Bitmain can reconsider it. But again, its not going to have the cost benefits you're expecting.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
October 26, 2014, 03:04:21 PM
The point and what you said are valid, i've seen too many power supplies come from China which can only be called an electrical death trap and/or an EMC compliance nightmare.

Seriously, anyone can get power supplies that can kick out 6A, we don't need power supplies that will either throw out too much RFI or burn someones house to the ground, after all, anyone reselling these in Europe (and I assume other countries, but I wouldn't know) will be liable for it.

These are the same PSUs you buy in the US and EU from Amazon - it all comes from China. We looked at making a no PSU SKU and the price wouldn't make a lot of sense so everyone would buy the with PSU SKU.

1. Pieh0 is right, there is a big internal difference between a well designed quality psu and a cheap firestarter...
You are welcome to post a full CE check report and PICs from the internal design

2. It make no sense to pay high air freight cost for a PSU

So please offer them without PSU and let customer decide (if anybody want to buy them ;-))

We're talking about AC/DC PSUs, not ATX PSUs.

The non AC/DC package fundamentally didn't make any sense.

1) The U3 packaging includes the PSU internally and so its not as simple as not including the PSU in the first place. The PSUs would have to be actively removed.
2) The PSU's weight isn't significant at all compared to the miner.
3) The price difference was too small to make it worth creating another SKU.

1) no its not, it's an external brick like the BFL jalapeño had.
2) it probably is. Likely about 15% the weight of the final package
legendary
dogiecoin.com
October 26, 2014, 06:03:38 AM
The point and what you said are valid, i've seen too many power supplies come from China which can only be called an electrical death trap and/or an EMC compliance nightmare.

Seriously, anyone can get power supplies that can kick out 6A, we don't need power supplies that will either throw out too much RFI or burn someones house to the ground, after all, anyone reselling these in Europe (and I assume other countries, but I wouldn't know) will be liable for it.

These are the same PSUs you buy in the US and EU from Amazon - it all comes from China. We looked at making a no PSU SKU and the price wouldn't make a lot of sense so everyone would buy the with PSU SKU.

1. Pieh0 is right, there is a big internal difference between a well designed quality psu and a cheap firestarter...
You are welcome to post a full CE check report and PICs from the internal design

2. It make no sense to pay high air freight cost for a PSU

So please offer them without PSU and let customer decide (if anybody want to buy them ;-))

We're talking about AC/DC PSUs, not ATX PSUs.

The non AC/DC package fundamentally didn't make any sense.

1) The U3 packaging includes the PSU internally and so its not as simple as not including the PSU in the first place. The PSUs would have to be actively removed.
2) The PSU's weight isn't significant at all compared to the miner.
3) The price difference was too small to make it worth creating another SKU.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
October 25, 2014, 07:39:26 AM

Pieh0 is right, there is a big internal difference between a well designed quality psu and a cheap firestarter...

It make no sense to pay high air freight cost for a PSU

legendary
dogiecoin.com
October 24, 2014, 12:25:28 AM

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
October 23, 2014, 04:35:40 PM

Activity: 524
Merit: 500
October 23, 2014, 03:14:10 PM
I dont understand why is included PSU 16A, when is enough according to specification only 6A.
16PSU is more expensive, larger and more heavy.

If 63GHash and 0,8W/1GHash from the wall (63x0,8=50,4W AC side) could be ok cheap 12V/5A PSU. I have plenty such 12V/5APSU  in stock...

Hi charles2k,

Sorry for the typo, it is 12V AC/DC power brick of 6A.

My guess would be to maintain the efficiency rating at the wall and also inflate the price of the unit. After all, Bitmain will be buying the PSU's in bulk for deep discounts over retail price. I would certainly like to see an option to purchase them without the power bricks.
Your guess would make more sense if you weren't quoting the manufacturer telling everyone it was a typo and that it's a 6A brick, not a 16A brick. Tongue

Either way my other point is valid. Not everyone is going to need those power bricks.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
October 23, 2014, 02:58:14 PM
I dont understand why is included PSU 16A, when is enough according to specification only 6A.

If 63GHash and 0,8W/1GHash from the wall (63x0,8=50,4W AC side) could be ok cheap 12V/5A PSU. I have plenty such 12V/5APSU  in stock...

Hi charles2k,

My guess would be to maintain the efficiency rating at the wall and also inflate the price of the unit. After all, Bitmain will be buying the PSU's in bulk for deep discounts over retail price. I would certainly like to see an option to purchase them without the power bricks.
Your guess would make more sense if you weren't quoting the manufacturer telling everyone it was a typo and that it's a 6A brick, not a 16A brick. Tongue
Activity: 524
Merit: 500
October 23, 2014, 01:47:12 PM

Hi charles2k,

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
October 22, 2014, 09:43:31 PM

Hi charles2k,

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
October 22, 2014, 05:24:46 PM
I ordered an original S1 from sushi last year, then a first batch Bitmaintech.com sold S1 and many, many miners since then.  Giving me 1000+ S3+ coupons is a great marketing move, but doesn't really reward me for being a loyal customer.  I imagine there are many others who are in the same situation.

With this in mind; is there any way we might be able to use multiple S3+ coupons towards a 20x U3 purchase?  Say at a 40x S3+coupon to 1xU3 applied rate; so 800 S3+ coupons used per 20x U3 purchase for 0.7BTC off?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
October 22, 2014, 04:20:15 AM

Not really on both counts.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
October 21, 2014, 10:55:59 PM
Maybe it's for overclocking? And for higher reliability...
Activity: 138
Merit: 102
October 21, 2014, 06:41:04 PM
Why would anyone want this useless product at this time? A year too late to the party.

this is a good item.  but not at 56 plus shipping with an included psu.

first off anyone  into btc coins should be running one of these at a solo pool such as

http://solo.ckpool.org/    

or http://www.solopool.net

or http://bitsolo.net/

yeah you won't hit but for the right price it can be an endless lottery ticket.

30 bucks each use your own psu. power 50 watts  this is  36 kwatts a month   whats that at the worst 35 cents x 36 = 12.60 a month for a shot at a block.

easy to promote as a shot for a block.  and low cost 30 up front and 3 to 12 a month in power.

Do you know how to calculate risk/reward?

lol

Yeah, well I'm running a BA X-1 solo right now and if I had one of these little guys I'd do the same.
Pages:
Jump to: