Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 72. (Read 149094 times)

Activity: 326
Merit: 250
October 21, 2014, 05:39:05 PM
I dont understand why is included PSU 16A, when is enough according to specification only 6A.
16PSU is more expensive, larger and more heavy.

If 63GHash and 0,8W/1GHash from the wall (63x0,8=50,4W AC side) could be ok cheap 12V/5A PSU. I have plenty such 12V/5APSU  in stock...
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
October 21, 2014, 12:16:34 PM
I would like to see the sales statistics. )
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
October 21, 2014, 10:40:07 AM
poor device  Angry Angry
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
October 21, 2014, 10:02:34 AM
And, if it does need a controller PC just for one unit, then what is the point?

I think you've misunderstood what it says, it means you can run many U3s from one PC.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
October 21, 2014, 09:23:24 AM
The 'Scalable' and 'Hassle Free' comments contradict each other in relation to a single set-up.

Which is it for a single miner?

And, if it does need a controller PC just for one unit, then what is the point?
Activity: 159
October 21, 2014, 05:12:47 AM
Does this use a web UI like all other Antminers or can it only be used with a direct connection to a Rasb PI or PC??

If Web UI then I will order a box, as could have one running in each room as a small heater for the winter.

Any plans to allow S3 coupons to be used? (would rather use coupons on this, seeing as S3's are more expensive now than they were in August even with a coupon lol).

Thanks

Features:

Scalable: Multiple U3 miners can be maintained by one controller running cgminer due to its USB port.

Hassle free: Setup consists of plugging in the USB and power cables and running Antminer CGMiner.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
October 21, 2014, 03:47:38 AM
Does this use a web UI like all other Antminers or can it only be used with a direct connection to a Rasb PI or PC??

If Web UI then I will order a box, as could have one running in each room as a small heater for the winter.

Any plans to allow S3 coupons to be used? (would rather use coupons on this, seeing as S3's are more expensive now than they were in August even with a coupon lol).

Thanks
October 21, 2014, 12:53:47 AM
No, not quite. If the PSU had a C16 on it, you couldn't fit a C13 cable into it and would need a C15 cable. I couldn't imagine them using a C16 instead of C14, but generally when people talk about a kettle plug they're talking about the high temp version.

Ah right, you're talking about the socket side, fair enough, like you said though, it would be hard to see them using a C16 Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
October 21, 2014, 12:32:45 AM
dogie, can you confirm that these things will use a C13 plug instead of the high temp (kettle plug) C15 version?

They're the same thing, apart from one has a higher temp rating.
No, not quite. If the PSU had a C16 on it, you couldn't fit a C13 cable into it and would need a C15 cable. I couldn't imagine them using a C16 instead of C14, but generally when people talk about a kettle plug they're talking about the high temp version.
October 21, 2014, 12:28:29 AM
dogie, can you confirm that these things will use a C13 plug instead of the high temp (kettle plug) C15 version?

They're the same thing, apart from one has a higher temp rating.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
October 21, 2014, 12:17:07 AM

Its standard C13 and its hexagonal shape.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
October 21, 2014, 12:15:13 AM
MOQ is being changed to 20 after feedback [this is the size of one box, it would be hard now to drop further].
Keeping in mind all inconveniences U3 gives to it's probable owners, high price for it, IMHO MOQ should be 10 pcs. In that case many of us probably would buy it at least as decoration. ) personally I would place them at the face of the top shelf of my PC table.  Roll Eyes Or may be at the side bars on which that shelf stands. ) And a couple of LEDs lighting on U3s would also look pretty.  Cheesy

10 is problematic as they come in sturdy boxes of 20, and the shipping costs won't scale down sufficiently to be worthwhile.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
October 21, 2014, 12:12:55 AM
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
October 21, 2014, 12:10:53 AM
MOQ is being changed to 20 after feedback [this is the size of one box, it would be hard now to drop further].
Keeping in mind all inconveniences U3 gives to it's probable owners, high price for it, IMHO MOQ should be 10 pcs. In that case many of us probably would buy it at least as decoration. ) personally I would place them at the face of the top shelf of my PC table.  Roll Eyes Or may be at the side bars on which that shelf stands. ) And a couple of LEDs lighting on U3s would also look pretty.  Cheesy
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
October 20, 2014, 11:33:05 PM
I've spent ~ $50 at a bar many times in my life.  I would have no problem running one of these on solo.  It is of minimal cost and supports BTC

I agree with philipma1957 that there should be a non power brick version that is cheaper.  Also I think a lower MOQ would also improve sales.  I believe only bobsag3 thru minersource has a US based group buy; and he is charging a $26 markup.  If there was a lower MOQ without power bricks at a slightly lower price (or maybe even S3+ coupon application to U3) I think many would outright buy and we would also have multiple US group buys.

I agree.
Most of our markup is CC fees, + shipping from bitmain. If you consider both of those, we make ~3% margin, enough for me to pay for the box packing materials.

Then add the additional 97% you take while you mine the shit out of the customer's gear.

Still not enough profit to refund customers after screwing them out of money either...
legendary
dogiecoin.com
October 20, 2014, 10:47:35 PM
MOQ is being changed to 20 after feedback [this is the size of one box, it would be hard now to drop further]. The PSUs cost is really negligible in the price, remember Bitmain is buying these direct from factories in the 1000s. It wouldn't save very much at all, and shipping price doesn't come down much as the PSUs sit inside each unit's box.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
October 20, 2014, 10:36:03 PM
I've spent ~ $50 at a bar many times in my life.  I would have no problem running one of these on solo.  It is of minimal cost and supports BTC

I agree with philipma1957 that there should be a non power brick version that is cheaper.  Also I think a lower MOQ would also improve sales.  I believe only bobsag3 thru minersource has a US based group buy; and he is charging a $26 markup.  If there was a lower MOQ without power bricks at a slightly lower price (or maybe even S3+ coupon application to U3) I think many would outright buy and we would also have multiple US group buys.

I agree.
Most of our markup is CC fees, + shipping from bitmain. If you consider both of those, we make ~3% margin, enough for me to pay for the box packing materials.

Then add the additional 97% you take while you mine the shit out of the customer's gear.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
October 20, 2014, 09:45:58 PM

I agree.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
October 20, 2014, 09:36:05 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 504
October 20, 2014, 04:41:48 PM
Why would anyone want this useless product at this time? A year too late to the party.

this is a good item.  but not at 56 plus shipping with an included psu.

first off anyone  into btc coins should be running one of these at a solo pool such as

http://solo.ckpool.org/    

or http://www.solopool.net

or http://bitsolo.net/

yeah you won't hit but for the right price it can be an endless lottery ticket.

30 bucks each use your own psu. power 50 watts  this is  36 kwatts a month   whats that at the worst 35 cents x 36 = 12.60 a month for a shot at a block.

easy to promote as a shot for a block.  and low cost 30 up front and 3 to 12 a month in power.

Do you know how to calculate risk/reward?

lol

LOL
Who want to calculate RR for lotteries which will almost never win?
Pages:
Jump to: