Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone heard of or investing in 'Mining Sweden'? - page 5. (Read 8508 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
So it looks like Mining Sweden is legit as they actually have the hardware doing the mining.
Shouldn't they be listed here then?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cloudmining-101-ponzi-risk-assessment-878387

Is there an official Mining Sweden thread on bitcointalk? I only found one on litecointalk.

There was, but they ran away when asked about the vip shares possibly violating securities laws and for proof of their mining on the blockchain.

It's nice that they bought you dinner and that they have some miners, that doesn't make the whole thing viable.
Activity: 312
Merit: 250

Well I am going along to their BBQ they have invited people to up in Northern Sweden in around a month or so from now, to have a look around their growing farm and perhaps also get a tour around the huge hydro electric dam that provides the cheap electricity costs in the area, so if any of the miners are empty cases, cardboard cutouts or just inflatable toys, will let you know Smiley

Yes, please let us know! The BBQ is today, right?
Well, at the moment I am in Northern Sweden, yesterday was the day that I met up with Tommy. Disappointingly, was just myself and another person that travelled here. We were driven to the mining farm, all was good and interesting, the heat and noise etc was something I was suprised about the most. As in the pictures that Tommy has posted, it was exactly the same, lots of S5s, we then were taken to around to various locations, the dam nearby which provides much of the power and other nearby data centres in the area and then we were taken back to the hotel and then later on in the evening we met up again and we went out for a meal. There was no BBQ because there was just two of us or 3 if you include Tommy so we were taken to a very nice restaurant where we ate some typical Northern Swedish food and drinks. All in all had a really nice time. Was a shame that more did not come but I guess it is quite far to come but I was glad I did because it made me really understand what the heat and noise of miners were like, sort of like watching a motor race on the TV and then until you actually go to on in person it is alot different. We were also given a T Shirt for coming along too.

[/quote]

Such a shame that so few people met up. Sounds like your trip was worth it, though! Did you learn anything else from your trip? Anything enlightening from an investor's point of view, or about their future of mining?
So it looks like Mining Sweden is legit as they actually have the hardware doing the mining.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cloudmining-101-ponzi-risk-assessment-878387

Is there an official Mining Sweden thread on bitcointalk? I only found one on litecointalk.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 910

Well I am going along to their BBQ they have invited people to up in Northern Sweden in around a month or so from now, to have a look around their growing farm and perhaps also get a tour around the huge hydro electric dam that provides the cheap electricity costs in the area, so if any of the miners are empty cases, cardboard cutouts or just inflatable toys, will let you know Smiley

[/quote]
Well, at the moment I am in Northern Sweden, yesterday was the day that I met up with Tommy. Disappointingly, was just myself and another person that travelled here. We were driven to the mining farm, all was good and interesting, the heat and noise etc was something I was suprised about the most. As in the pictures that Tommy has posted, it was exactly the same, lots of S5s, we then were taken to around to various locations, the dam nearby which provides much of the power and other nearby data centres in the area and then we were taken back to the hotel and then later on in the evening we met up again and we went out for a meal. There was no BBQ because there was just two of us or 3 if you include Tommy so we were taken to a very nice restaurant where we ate some typical Northern Swedish food and drinks. All in all had a really nice time. Was a shame that more did not come but I guess it is quite far to come but I was glad I did because it made me really understand what the heat and noise of miners were like, sort of like watching a motor race on the TV and then until you actually go to on in person it is alot different. We were also given a T Shirt for coming along too.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Well, those weren't exactly promising figures... Do you know if the VIP shares entitle you to a lifetime share of the company profits, or does it expire after 12 months?

As far as I'm aware - and I could be wrong - my VIP shares are for life Smiley but it's still a huge gamble and not really worth it IMO.
Earned back about 22$ after nearly 3 months of mining, their rates are really poor atm....ROI for a 130$ investment is 400+ days atm.

Well, those weren't exactly promising figures... Do you know if the VIP shares entitle you to a lifetime share of the company profits, or does it expire after 12 months?
legendary
Earned back about 22$ after nearly 3 months of mining, their rates are really poor atm....ROI for a 130$ investment is 400+ days atm.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I think anything with the world mining in it for the moment is   a scam. there is no profit like back in 2014.

[/quote]

Activity: 30
thanks for sharing your opinion....
legendary
Activity: 1764
legit or not doesn't rally matter at the moment, in my opinion. cloud mining is not profitable and won't be anytime soon
you're actually going to the BBQ?! would LOVE to hear what you see/hear/observe, etc brother!
PLEASE keep me posted and lemme know, ok? id really appreciate it...

thanks!
~ wick
legendary
Activity: 910
www.miningsweden.se

checkm' out then say what you think...if it's the same, then cool...

probable scame - alarm bells ring when they start to mention "shares" "vip shares" etc.
even if it was legit they can always claim "hack" sorry all gone, etc.

Agree. And, as I understand it, it's not clear legally about "shares" in this way".

However, it is something about the guy running the site that is different than others, he seems honest, as when writing in the blog he finally got 100TB (which is much but nothing compared to the big ones).

I'd say "wait and see" how the site develops.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
www.miningsweden.se

probable scame - alarm bells ring when they start to mention "shares" "vip shares" etc.

Agree. And, as I understand it, it's not clear legally about "shares" in this way".

However, it is something about the guy running the site that is different than others, he seems honest, as when writing in the blog he finally got 100TB (which is much but nothing compared to the big ones).

I'd say "wait and see" how the site develops.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
www.miningsweden.se

www.miningsweden.se

legendary
Activity: 1106
Never heard before. It's there have a photo of their farm field?
Smell like another cloudmining scam, right.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Last I heard of them they couldn't answer any of my questions about whether people would be paying for hardware they already owned or for hardware still to be purchased, how payouts could start immediately if the latter, how payouts will continue forever if the former, or if their VIP scheme would run afoul of any securities laws, so I just assumed they were a scam like every other cloud mining operation.

Valid questions indeed, I know they purchased hardware in the mean time but not sure where the original funds in my account was coming from oO

How many steps does it take to get from you to their creation in the blockchain. if the answer is a long time, they aren't mining.
legendary
Last I heard of them they couldn't answer any of my questions about whether people would be paying for hardware they already owned or for hardware still to be purchased, how payouts could start immediately if the latter, how payouts will continue forever if the former, or if their VIP scheme would run afoul of any securities laws, so I just assumed they were a scam like every other cloud mining operation.

Valid questions indeed, I know they purchased hardware in the mean time but not sure where the original funds in my account was coming from oO
Pages:
Jump to: