Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ? - page 12. (Read 1264 times)

Activity: 316
Merit: 100
Those who bought cryptocurrencies in December 2017 are still hodling because they are still at a loss.  It may take a few more months to break even or possibly longer.  Those who have bought in the last couple of month may be in serious profit shortly.   
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?

I used to invest in long-term investment, that is why I hold every coin I have for about more than a year. I didn't experience to have a huge profit for about 6 to 12mos, but in my experience, I bought BTC on 2015 and that was really cheap for about more or less 250$ which I hold it for more than 2yrs and sold it for 18,000$. That was the highlight of my life when BTC hit up to more than 18,000$, of course, I doubted BTC for several times and I almost lost faith on it but I really believe on BTC that time and that's the only chance I have in order to help my family. I never lose hope and I stands with BTC until one day, it chang
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
Some people says hodl is the best way to make big profit. I am not a good hodler. I just hodl genesis vision for 3 months and made 3x profit but the other I always sell in a week or 10 days. Anyone make serious profit from hodling 6-12 months ?

Of course. I have tried also doing that at it gave me a lot of profit by just waiting it out and not doing anything with it until that day comes.
It is perfectly correct! but many people are accustomed to continuous buying and selling, buying and selling. This can indeed obtain a small amount of short-term benefits, but in the end they will find that they do not earn those who can hold on for long-term holdings.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102

Of course. I have tried also doing that at it gave me a lot of profit by just waiting it out and not doing anything with it until that day comes.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Firstly I will say the market value at the time will determine how long to hold,  an investor might not have to hold that long to make good profit. 
Personally I'm just a beginner in crypto so I can't tell if I can hold for as long as 6-12 months or more
Activity: 585
Merit: 110
if a person is smart enough and know what they are doing with their crypto investment
they are better of trading and making more with that
but for people who didnt had a good experience in trading cryptos in the past
is well off holding for a long term
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
I am very sorry that did not hold the coins and tried to sell them! Afraid to lose another increase of 100% of some coins! But then when I looked at the price of coins that I once bought, I realized that it would be better if I just kept them! Now I have chosen perspective coins in my portfolio and just keep, and part of the capital I trade on bitMEX
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

me and many other people can vouch that hodling for long term gives you better result. Is it always the case? that depends on which altcoin you're hodling but if you're hodling something that has long term plan then yes it can profitable. Bitcoin is always a good one to hodl for long term but there are other alts as well.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257

I am mostly making profits after holding for that much long duration only! As long as I cant get 5-10X of the initial value I dont see that as profit taking. But to get such high paybacks we need to wait for more than 6 months and some times a year is insufficient too. So holding is like priority thing if you want to get huge amounts of profits in single shot. Otherwise in 10 days or something (like the way you do) is nothing but dust that comes out of the artificial pumps and dumps. Its better get bigger lots of profits by waiting little extra.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

Of course they can. Cryptocurrencies can offer best return of investment if you know what are you doing or have luck in buying/trading.

On the flip side you risk losing everything you invested if project you were investing in fails.

What are those four yellow circles under your username?

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

Personally I've made x6 profit for last 12 months just holding some coins. So holding is good strategy because criptocurrency market enlarges every year
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
I got a great profit from the holding . The most successful asset was XVG . Now I have purchased 7 coins on hold, I think I will sell only in a year
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
It depends on the coin you are holding, look at the project roadmap & keep following with the team on telegram regarding project updates. Some ICO also does send update emails to the investor regarding their progress on the project, so you should signup for the newsletter on their website to remain updated. Once the product is fully built as per their roadmap then, of course, the price of the token will rise, holding time depends on their length of the roadmap. So it is not necessary that holding for 6-12 months will give you enormous profits but can be, some can also give you good profits in 3 months. some ICO might take  2-3 years for the project to get a stand-in market which is quite normal. Considering it HODL is a good choice.

I agree with your opinion, I usually do that always see they roadmap project first, how dev responsive support and how the first pre sale and main sale process, and how care they comunity, is a reason to be how much profit you will get from holding a ICO for long time
Activity: 238
Merit: 7
It depends on the coin you are holding, look at the project roadmap & keep following with the team on telegram regarding project updates. Some ICO also does send update emails to the investor regarding their progress on the project, so you should signup for the newsletter on their website to remain updated. Once the product is fully built as per their roadmap then, of course, the price of the token will rise, holding time depends on their length of the roadmap. So it is not necessary that holding for 6-12 months will give you enormous profits but can be, some can also give you good profits in 3 months. some ICO might take  2-3 years for the project to get a stand-in market which is quite normal. Considering it HODL is a good choice.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
Still, new altcoyins, only released on the stock exchange after ISO, can give a decent income. For 6-12 months, some grow 10 or more times.
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
If we hold altcoin it is better to hold for a few months. But if we hold altcoins for too long like 6-12 months they are very risky and maybe we will not benefit from the arrests we have made against the altcoin. Holding 6-12 months is the same as we are investing in the long term and I think the coins worthy of long-term investments are only the coins whose rank is in the top 10 positions.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018
I will go for long term holding in good coins like 8-10 months because we can get more profit like 3-4x in this period. As the time goes the coin will achieve there target and demand will increase of the coin. And you can check the chart of any coin and you will realise that long term is the best way to earn more.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs

Some will work, some will not. It depends on what coin or token that you are holding. If their roadmap is great or there is an event where something gets interesting in their part like partnerships or so, it would be worth to hold in the long run. I am holding TRX for at least a year. I am still at a loss though, but I believe it will make a bull run once again within the second half of 2018.
Activity: 753
It all depends on the coins that you hold, and at what stage the market is. Long holding can not ensure the growth of the coin, but I do not rush to sell my tokens.
Activity: 420
i hodl almost 2months but for me its hard to hold very long because im just a student i only use buy and sell to have foods.
but if you have lot of money you can do that long hodl because it is very profitable.
Pages:
Jump to: