Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com? - page 18. (Read 56141 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
August 27, 2013, 04:42:43 PM
Ya that's my point to. I bought the robot and it made a few trades...but I'm thinking I made at most a few bucks with the trades yet the robot is saying I'm $600 in profit. If it makes a few bucks I am fine with that but I don't like the fake claims. Lets say bitcoin price starts dropping..What is the robot gonna do then? Report negative profits? I want to know what I'm actually making...The number being thrown out are large percentage but I don't think its anywhere near that. I'm not saying I'm not pleased but I want accurate information on what I am making with the robot if anything. I'm going to have to do some number crunching myself to see what is really going on.

Jim,

Your manual trades or extra deposits can really confuse the robot. The API does not allow us to see if extra money came by robot or by other moves.

Our advice is to open a separate BTC-e acc (they allow) and let the robot control it 100% without any manual interference or extra deposits, manual trades or money moves. Then it will be all right. 99% of clients are starting fresh account and don't have any issue with it.
August 27, 2013, 04:02:07 PM
We understand that we can't please everyone and probably it's not for you then. I will stick with our clients who are happy with it. I am glad we have extremely low refund rate so far, after a week only 4% people are unhappy and the only reason is that they don't want to bother with depositing options to btc-e.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 266
> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500
August 27, 2013, 03:20:11 PM
why pay to use your robot when buy and hold is just as profitable?

I am not forcing anyone to buy or trade bitcoins. Like I said, the Price may grow or may not, the robot is profitable no matter if the price is rising or going down.

From July 1 the price on Mtgox went from 100 usd to 130 now so theoretically you would be in 30% profit with drawdown as huge as 30 % (on july 6 Price went to 70 usd only). At the same time the robot made around 60% profit with Drawdown just 10%.

Moreover nobody can guarantee that bitcoin price will grow forever, while the robot trades effectively on both up and down moves.

Effective or not, it just seems like the reported profits are inaccurate.  I would just like to see some accurately reported profits before making any kind of judgement.  It seems to me like so far BTC Fan has made no profit, which is fine but don't tell us it's making some epic profit when it's counting the increase in value by holding.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
August 27, 2013, 02:24:36 PM

I am not forcing anyone to buy or trade bitcoins. Like I said, the Price may grow or may not, the robot is profitable no matter if the price is rising or going down.

From July 1 the price on Mtgox went from 100 usd to 130 now so theoretically you would be in 30% profit with drawdown as huge as 30 % (on july 6 Price went to 70 usd only). At the same time the robot made around 60% profit with Drawdown just 10%.

Moreover nobody can guarantee that bitcoin price will grow forever, while the robot trades effectively on both up and down moves.

I don't trust the robot at all and still believe there is some scam involved, making you rich in some isolated event. My guess is "bad trading" cause "somebody" found out how to play the robot.

Still, in a market that has only up movement with no down swing exceeding the trading fee there is no way to outperform the strategy of just holding. In fact the sum of these down swings is the absolute maximum bots can profit on unless they use nastier strategies like inducing panic by doing stupid stuff which is usually stupid.

In fact the efficiency of bots should be measurable by looking at volatility. Did volatility go down recently? Bots should be to blame.

If you consider buying the robot, please do the math: How much down movement is there on the exchange being traded? How much money did you pay for the license? How much money did others pay for licenses all together? If your conclusion that the robot can actually perfectly guess the down movements together with the competition by others using the same bot (twice the licenses should half the gains of each) and make you some profit without acting stupid at some point, go for it.
August 27, 2013, 01:58:52 PM

August 27, 2013, 10:17:39 AM
Is jimmut wrong in saying that the user would have been better off just holding?

The point of the profit is to make the user profit on autopilot by growing its portfolio, no matter if the bitcoin price rises or not.

Doesn't really answer the question.
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
August 27, 2013, 10:11:00 AM
The point of the profit is to make the user profit on autopilot by growing its portfolio, no matter if the bitcoin price rises or not.
August 27, 2013, 09:42:25 AM
August 27, 2013, 08:57:38 AM
The goal of the robot is to grow the size of your portfolio (BTC+USD). The profit is the difference between current portfolio value and your value when you started.

The robot handles well both increase and decrease of the BTC price. It is not a buy and hold forever strategy.

I think the question is regarding the advertised profits.  If you include the rise in value of the btc as "profit" then that doesn't really tell the whole story of how well your trading robot works.  Is jimmut wrong in saying that the user would have been better off just holding?
August 27, 2013, 04:28:02 AM
The goal of the robot is to grow the size of your portfolio (BTC+USD). The profit is the difference between current portfolio value and your value when you started.

The robot handles well both increase and decrease of the BTC price. It is not a buy and hold forever strategy.
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
August 26, 2013, 04:45:35 PM
difficult to read those graphs but looks like you made the same as if you had bought and held
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
August 26, 2013, 03:18:16 PM
So far so good with my trading
Here is my image from 19th august till yesterday
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/6976/w5xb.png

Before 19th August Robot have made for me already some bucks (about 65usd)
http://imageshack.us/a/img825/5169/c4f.png

I am so happy and thiking seriously to increase my trading investment
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
August 26, 2013, 12:02:02 PM
3. Platinum Licence will cost you - $408 (not 498) = $90 OFF
500 bucks?

August 26, 2013, 08:23:45 AM
Bitcoin Robot Keeps winning! Every License Owner is In Profit!"

yes, it's true, it works. Some people are still in process of activating, funding accs etc, but those who trade at least a week, are in good profit.

Ya the profit displayed in the Robot doesn't take into account what you deposited yourself so its really incorrect.

I already replied that before. You need to use a fresh acc without extra manual trades or deposits. API does not let us know if your manual operations or extra deposits are profit or not. If you trade fresh acc with just 1 deposit (like 99% of clients) it calculates profit properly.

Activity: 226
August 26, 2013, 08:15:08 AM
Is anyone really in profit with BTC robot? I got an email which said "It`s so good its unbelievable.. the official bitcoin robot over at http://btcrobot.com/secret.php is making crazy gains its close to profit 6,000 now with a 10,000 usd account.. and all bitcoin robot members mirror the profits.."
I'm not in profit unless I count the increase in the price of bitcoin since I started. I deposited 10 bitcoins and my screen shows "Funds: 9.99 BTC, 1.02 USD, 1090.27 USD total." but "Weekly profit: $594.76, total profit: $594.76" just does not add up.  Huh
It appears to me that this must me some sort of "New math" taught in Russia.

Ya the profit displayed in the Robot doesn't take into account what you deposited yourself so its really incorrect. They told me they are thinking of addressing this on a future release. Lets hope so. But your profit number really doesn't make sense?? My profit number display my whole account value after I deposited 6 bitcoins which would make sense. My robot didn't trade till just recently after depositing the bitcoins on Aug 21. I have my robot set to aggressive.

So if you started with BTC only, like it seem most of us did, then it very easy to calculate real profit and also see if the strategy is better then just holding BTC.

Just calculate the following:

BTC on BTCe + (USD on BTCe/currentBTC price on BTCe)

This will show you if you are making profit BTC wise and if the Bot is trading better then just holding BTC. This will be the benchmark which I will apply. This I think would also be the correct kind of implementation to show profits. However, this might be difficult if someone started with mixed funds. They could still go back to point zero and calculate how much BTC the funds were worth back then and go on from that point.

edit: @BTCRobot team: one should be able to manually choose point zero in the GUI. And maybe also switch between USD and BTC profit view.
Activity: 35
August 26, 2013, 07:21:28 AM
BTW the suject of the email was "Bitcoin Robot Keeps winning! Every License Owner is In Profit!" Shocked
Activity: 35
August 26, 2013, 07:16:27 AM
Is anyone really in profit with BTC robot? I got an email which said "It`s so good its unbelievable.. the official bitcoin robot over at http://btcrobot.com/secret.php is making crazy gains its close to profit 6,000 now with a 10,000 usd account.. and all bitcoin robot members mirror the profits.."
I'm not in profit unless I count the increase in the price of bitcoin since I started. I deposited 10 bitcoins and my screen shows "Funds: 9.99 BTC, 1.02 USD, 1090.27 USD total." but "Weekly profit: $594.76, total profit: $594.76" just does not add up.  Huh
It appears to me that this must me some sort of "New math" taught in Russia.

Activity: 5
August 26, 2013, 06:26:40 AM
could you please post the Rmin, Rmax and Rstep of each mode (conservative, medium risk and aggressive)? because I think I`ve changed something in the medium risk mode and I don`t know how to put it back to its original value.
Activity: 226
August 26, 2013, 03:48:42 AM
Mine started trading as well. Sold some BTC for nearly 110 USD. let's see how this goes.
August 25, 2013, 03:59:52 PM
Yep guys, just give it thing time. No trades is better than losses after all, right?

I see our public acc aslo got a few trades here and there, reached $15937

Pages:
Jump to: