Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com? - page 12. (Read 56141 times)

Activity: 287
Merit: 250
October 02, 2013, 06:30:34 PM
Yes, I can confirm the same problem with the ruby.exe being almost always on 25% CPU

It's a Ruby software development kit. It uses a lot of memory which is normal. If it bothers too much, I would suggest upgrading to Gold, we'll host your robot on our cloud hosted VPS!
Here's a better idea, you don't need to upgrade to premium software design platinum tier, it's free: fix the bot so it doesn't use 100% CPU when it trades once a week... it's not logical to "calculate" billions of operations per second when the actual decision is required once every few hours.

I don't have a copy of the bot so I don't have any details but: Ruby is not the fastest language out there (and this bot appears to be written in it), and it is especially slow on windows.

Besides that this bot is supposed to monitor the market constantly, this way the bots tries to make profitable trades (it needs to process all new trades coming in). Though this probably should not consume as much recourses I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
October 02, 2013, 02:53:35 PM
Yes, I can confirm the same problem with the ruby.exe being almost always on 25% CPU

It's a Ruby software development kit. It uses a lot of memory which is normal. If it bothers too much, I would suggest upgrading to Gold, we'll host your robot on our cloud hosted VPS!
Here's a better idea, you don't need to upgrade to premium software design platinum tier, it's free: fix the bot so it doesn't use 100% CPU when it trades once a week... it's not logical to "calculate" billions of operations per second when the actual decision is required once every few hours.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 02, 2013, 12:55:13 PM

Memory and CPU power are totally different things. If memory was the problem, I can live with it, but CPU power means electricity bills and this is no different from mining. And please do not constantly suggest to upgrade; it is obvious this is not the solution here.
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
October 02, 2013, 05:06:35 AM

Activity: 15
October 01, 2013, 11:51:51 PM
I requested a refund on 27 september with clickbetter.

I will inform you when i will be refunded

Huh
Activity: 6
October 01, 2013, 03:14:44 PM
My results in 3 weeks of using the robot :
Profit in USD : +3%
Increase in number of bitcoins : 0
Increase in bitcoin value : +3%
The robot made 7 trades but was never able to grow the number of bitcoins.
I think this robot is totally useless and does not grow your BTC.
I will wait for another month and if everything remains the same, will request a full refund.

My results after 1 month: +4%
I requested a refund, i have better results with my forex trades.
i would like to diversify my portfolio, but this robot isn't enough profitable for me.
And they can't reduce the cpu usage in silver plan, so i'm not impressed by this one.

Time to move on  Smiley

Yes, I can confirm the same problem with the ruby.exe being almost always on 25% CPU (i5 on 4300MHz with 16gig RAM, Win7 x64). Quite annoying really as this little detail was not in the advertisments. Guys, hurry up with the update please !!
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
September 30, 2013, 05:16:29 AM
Yep that conference in Amsterdam a couple of days ago. I was there and can confirm that btcrobot had a booth the whole 3 days (proof). I only saw one guy there though.

I talked to the one guy I saw there. After trying to explain that I am working on a open source trading bot (see my sig) the guy didn't understand me and gave me the general sales pitch. In the pitch where multiple incorrect details and I didn't get to see any running software.

EDIT: Besides the booth I didn't see any presentation (= conference talk) from btcrobot, also didn't see the guy being on one of the panels. But I don't know for sure since I was not able to attend the full conference.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
September 29, 2013, 10:53:19 PM
I'm glad to mention that BTC robot presented on Bitcoin Europe Conference in Amsterdam few days ago. It was a pleasure to talk to all you guys! Hope to see you soon on the next big events!

Reminds me of this thread. Where is the group picture?

Edit:
That was a reference to this:

Also I promis to stop posting here if any other speaker of that conference organizers posts here in a posititive way.

By the way, are you talking about the conference that also the bitcoin magazine mentioned or the one from your private blog?
September 29, 2013, 05:44:35 PM
I'm glad to mention that BTC robot presented on Bitcoin Europe Conference in Amsterdam few days ago. It was a pleasure to talk to all you guys! Hope to see you soon on the next big events!

September 28, 2013, 11:51:14 AM
Problem is it fails either way to outperform a buy and hold strategy at least when you take license costs into account.

The problem with "buy and hold" is that it's only sexy while it grows. So while btc price is rising it's really does not show full potential of the bot. That's why i am always trying to show the long term picture to explain the potential http://btcrobot.com/images/longtermprofit.png

BTW, we are also researching other marketplaces.
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com
September 28, 2013, 09:37:50 AM
The "VALUE" portfolio is calculated in a certain way that makes this bot unprofitable against simple buy and hold trading. There is a chance that this bot will be super profitable if the price crashes and you need the USD. Good luck to everyone!

Honestly I did not understand what you were saying. The USD value of the porfolio is simply a sum of the current value BTC+USD.

The point is to grow this value no matter if BTC price is rising or falling long term.  The long term performance is shown here http://btcrobot.com/images/longtermprofit.png

Thank you
I am saying exactly what you said. The software focuses on growing the value biased towards the USD part and not the BTC part.

If you asked most users here, in a well described question, what they really wanted, you might find out they want BTC and not USD.

However, that doesn't mean your most profitable sales come from the BTC holders and may instead come from the USD holders, only you can say that.

How does that matter? It is supposed to grow usd + btc*usd_per_btc. Growing this is the same as growing "this * btc_per_usd". Problem is it fails either way to outperform a buy and hold strategy at least when you take license costs into account.
legendary
September 28, 2013, 05:38:36 AM
The "VALUE" portfolio is calculated in a certain way that makes this bot unprofitable against simple buy and hold trading. There is a chance that this bot will be super profitable if the price crashes and you need the USD. Good luck to everyone!

Honestly I did not understand what you were saying. The USD value of the porfolio is simply a sum of the current value BTC+USD.

The point is to grow this value no matter if BTC price is rising or falling long term.  The long term performance is shown here http://btcrobot.com/images/longtermprofit.png

Thank you
I am saying exactly what you said. The software focuses on growing the value biased towards the USD part and not the BTC part.

If you asked most users here, in a well described question, what they really wanted, you might find out they want BTC and not USD.

However, that doesn't mean your most profitable sales come from the BTC holders and may instead come from the USD holders, only you can say that.
September 27, 2013, 04:46:15 PM

Thank you
legendary
September 27, 2013, 09:34:52 AM
Hey! you were featured on The Verge! Congratulations!

‘Get rich quick’ scams hit Bitcoin

I replied to them the following

Hello. I represent BTCrobot.com

I am not sure what this article is trying to say, but our robot has *nothing to do* with pyramid schemes mentioned in the article. Probably the authors should get into the topic more before making such false assumptions.  We provide a trading software that simply connects to your btc-e.com trading account *via API* keys and *trades it*. We don't accept any deposits whatsoever.

Yes, the software is easy to setup. If you choose platinum plan you can get a preinstalled web version. Nothing to install.

The long term performance of the robot is here http://btcrobot.com/images/longtermprofit.png
We are also publishing our public performance on the salespage. It will not get you right overnight but it provides a stable consistent profits and grows the portfolio (sum of BTC+USD on your trading acc)

If you have any questions, please send us the support ticket

Again, the goal is grows the VALUE portfolio (sum of BTC+USD on your trading acc) not amount of btc.

Everyone reading this topic, watch the video linked in The Verge account. The creators of BTC-ROBOT think that bitcoin is a fancy new thing that will fizzle out soon, as such it is set to sell your bitcoin for dollars as soon as possible, because any price is a good price. It is very timid in buying BTC, and only does so at really good price variations.

Activity: 15
September 27, 2013, 09:16:20 AM
I will wait for another month and if everything remains the same, will request a full refund.

My results after 1 month: +4%
I requested a refund, i have better results with my forex trades.
i would like to diversify my portfolio, but this robot isn't enough profitable for me.
And they can't reduce the cpu usage in silver plan, so i'm not impressed by this one.

Time to move on  Smiley
September 27, 2013, 04:54:16 AM

I replied to them the following

Hello. I represent BTCrobot.com

I am not sure what this article is trying to say, but our robot has *nothing to do* with pyramid schemes mentioned in the article. Probably the authors should get into the topic more before making such false assumptions.  We provide a trading software that simply connects to your btc-e.com trading account *via API* keys and *trades it*. We don't accept any deposits whatsoever.

Yes, the software is easy to setup. If you choose platinum plan you can get a preinstalled web version. Nothing to install.

The long term performance of the robot is here http://btcrobot.com/images/longtermprofit.png
We are also publishing our public performance on the salespage. It will not get you right overnight but it provides a stable consistent profits and grows the portfolio (sum of BTC+USD on your trading acc)

If you have any questions, please send us the support ticket

Again, the goal is grows the VALUE portfolio (sum of BTC+USD on your trading acc) not amount of btc.
Activity: 3
September 27, 2013, 04:50:28 AM
Activity: 1232
Merit: 266
> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500
September 26, 2013, 02:49:44 PM
Of course, profit is never guaranteed. One reason why a pitch like Bitcoin Robot sounds bogus is that purchases still take a long time to process. High-frequency trading in the Bitcoin world is on the order of 30 minutes per transaction.

I feel like that's not true at all.  30 minutes?  What is this guy using?  Coinbase from two months ago?
legendary
WalletScrutiny.com
September 26, 2013, 12:29:49 PM

September 23, 2013, 09:10:22 AM
Finally first real metal bitcoins arrived Smiley I ordered from casascius service

Pages:
Jump to: