Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone using BTC to buy Silver/Gold on Coinabul? - page 2. (Read 14624 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Hello,

I first wanted to thank Coinabul for their excellent support when I was able to get in touch with them on the phone last week before placing my order. I spoke with Jay (both times I believe) and he was a great guy and gave me some very good advice as a first time Precious Metal buyer, so thank you very much for that!

I wanted to ask about my order though, based on previous posts it looks like I am jumping the gun a bit here but after sending a lot of Bitcoins and a recent theft over at MtGox I'm just a little on edge right now. I have emailed both Jon and Jay, but I'm not sure my Email was sent - having issues with gmail today...

I placed 2 orders for a Pamp 1 Oz Gold Bar, 1/4 Oz Gold Eagle, 10 Oz Silver Bar, Silver Liberty Coin, and Silver Eagle Coin on the 7th and sent the Bitcoins immediately. I'm sure there are no issues but I just wanted to verify that my Bitcoins were received, Spot price was locked (should be as BTC are up and Gold/Silver are down! lol) and so on. My Status still says "Processing" and I never received any type of confirmation Email, is this normal? Or should I have received a confirmation?

Sorry, I just want to be sure my Bitcoins were received and that everything is a go. Thanks for the support and the great service you are providing the community! Even with my new Yubikey and security, I still don't completely trust any of the exchanges out there and PM's are a great alternative and something I've been meaning to get into anyways Smiley

Processing means coins were received. I'll check my email in a bit and reply, if I see your email, with more info.

You should get an invoice but gmail eats our emails occasionally.

Cheers,
-Jon
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Hello,

I first wanted to thank Coinabul for their excellent support when I was able to get in touch with them on the phone last week before placing my order. I spoke with Jay (both times I believe) and he was a great guy and gave me some very good advice as a first time Precious Metal buyer, so thank you very much for that!

I wanted to ask about my order though, based on previous posts it looks like I am jumping the gun a bit here but after sending a lot of Bitcoins and a recent theft over at MtGox I'm just a little on edge right now. I have emailed both Jon and Jay, but I'm not sure my Email was sent - having issues with gmail today...

I placed 2 orders for a Pamp 1 Oz Gold Bar, 1/4 Oz Gold Eagle, 10 Oz Silver Bar, Silver Liberty Coin, and Silver Eagle Coin on the 7th and sent the Bitcoins immediately. I'm sure there are no issues but I just wanted to verify that my Bitcoins were received, Spot price was locked (should be as BTC are up and Gold/Silver are down! lol) and so on. My Status still says "Processing" and I never received any type of confirmation Email, is this normal? Or should I have received a confirmation?

Sorry, I just want to be sure my Bitcoins were received and that everything is a go. Thanks for the support and the great service you are providing the community! Even with my new Yubikey and security, I still don't completely trust any of the exchanges out there and PM's are a great alternative and something I've been meaning to get into anyways Smiley
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Anyone had any experience selling to coinabul?

In my opinion, they are to be avoided.  Do some online research of the principals of the company and come to your own conclusion.  As many users on here have indicated, they have very long delivery times and come up with a variety of excuses. 

We do have long shipping times. We do not contend that. Silver is faster than gold most of the time.

There are many reasons for these long shipping times, first and foremost, we're a tiny startup. A Bitcoin startup no less. We're still working out all the kinks. We've gotten a lot faster as we've grown.

Number two, we're dealing with high value products. A single messup can cost thousands and thousands of dollars.

Thirdly, we're dealing with Bitcoin. That means it takes a little extra work, and a little extra time, to transfer money around, with banks who are distrustful or disenchanted with Bitcoin, or Bitcoin businesses.

I apologize about the slow shipping times, I assure you we're doing everything in our power to make it faster.

Thanks,
-Jon

Activity: 715

If you don't mind waiting, give coinabul a shot. It's legit.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10

In my opinion, they are to be avoided.  Do some online research of the principals of the company and come to your own conclusion.  As many users on here have indicated, they have very long delivery times and come up with a variety of excuses. 
Activity: 900
Merit: 1000
Crypto Geek
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Successfully received three bars from Coinabul, but still waiting on a coin.

I originally ordered on 10/19. 

Unfortunately I forgot to put the apartment number, so it was returned to sender.  About three weeks later it shipped and was returned to sender by the post office.

After waiting more than 4 more weeks after it was returned to them, I have still not gotten my coin, and furthermore after calling them was told they couldn't locate the tracking number.

I have a pretty high level of patience, but this is far beyond reasonable, and is bordering on absurd.
Sent you a PM, your order is at your local post office.

Well it turns out that my local post office is worse than terrible.  After it had been > 10 days since the last activity for the tracking number, I went to the post office and after I got to the top manager they told me they lost my package.  Figuring it was gone for good, I called up Coinabul and they suggested waiting another week to make sure.  A few days later, I found it stuffed in my mailbox, in spite of the fact that it was a signature confirmation required package.  Needless to say, I'll not be using the post office for anything important anytime soon.  Thanks to Coinabul for dealing with the support calls for this, which were always friendly and to-the-point.

Post offices can be the worst. In our experiences though, customs offices are the seventh circle of hell. "Can you send over an itemized invoice?" Okay... "Can you send over an itemized invoice in USD?" Okay... "Can you send over an itemized invoice with a purity statement?" Fine... "Your invoices don't match the value on the airway bill." *sigh* sure. "Your item has been returned to sender because it didn't clear customs"  Huh

Ahhh, shipping. Glad you finally got your package though!
Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Unfortunately I forgot to put the apartment number, so it was returned to sender.  About three weeks later it shipped and was returned to sender by the post office.

After waiting more than 4 more weeks after it was returned to them, I have still not gotten my coin, and furthermore after calling them was told they couldn't locate the tracking number.

I have a pretty high level of patience, but this is far beyond reasonable, and is bordering on absurd.

Well it turns out that my local post office is worse than terrible.  After it had been > 10 days since the last activity for the tracking number, I went to the post office and after I got to the top manager they told me they lost my package.  Figuring it was gone for good, I called up Coinabul and they suggested waiting another week to make sure.  A few days later, I found it stuffed in my mailbox, in spite of the fact that it was a signature confirmation required package.  Needless to say, I'll not be using the post office for anything important anytime soon.  Thanks to Coinabul for dealing with the support calls for this, which were always friendly and to-the-point.
Activity: 526
Thanks Jon.  Got your email.  I'll hang in there.
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Hi Jon, emailed you a few days ago.  I would very much like to hear back, get a confirmation of my order etc.  So far I've ordered with my bitcoin: this, a bfl asic, and 4bASICs... Nothing but delays all around. I can say, yes time does matter, at least outside of this community.   I've been waiting longer than 2 weeks btw, and who is anyone to say how long it's acceptable for *me* to have to wait for something I've paid for?  WTF?   
Hey,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I think your email got buried under some random mail spam.

I looked up your order and we're having supply issues with the specific brand you ordered. There are more details in the email I sent back to you.

The issue is outside of our control and we're doing everything we can to get your product to you in a timely manner.

Thanks,
-Jon
Thanks. Yeah, I do think they'll deliver (all of them, coinabul, bfl, bASIC) but accurate information would have been nice regarding when.

All this is putting me off bitcoin a little.
I've been waiting longer than 2 weeks btw, and who is anyone to say how long it's acceptable for *me* to have to wait for something I've paid for?  WTF?   

You're right. Everybody has different reasons. I just figured for me personally, I buy the bar and when it gets here it goes directly into a safe and I don't see it again for a long time. But it was incorrect for me to assume this is the same case for everybody. It can be frustrating to wait for something that shouldn't take that long. I don't know why coinabul takes so long, but he always ends up coming through eventually. Best of luck.
Hi Jon, emailed you a few days ago.  I would very much like to hear back, get a confirmation of my order etc.  So far I've ordered with my bitcoin: this, a bfl asic, and 4bASICs... Nothing but delays all around. I can say, yes time does matter, at least outside of this community.   I've been waiting longer than 2 weeks btw, and who is anyone to say how long it's acceptable for *me* to have to wait for something I've paid for?  WTF?   
I bought a 1 oz Pamp Suisse Gold bar from Coinabul quite a while back. It was received well packaged and in perfect condition, better than other Pamp bars I have bought from Ebay and other places. Some people complain about timing, but my order was received in less than two weeks and honestly why does it matter? You buy the Gold at it's market rate compared to your bitcoins' market rate at the time of order and unless you were planning to flip the gold bar in less than two weeks, it doesn't make a bit of a difference.

Bitcoin and Gold. My two favorite currencies. You can't go wrong here.
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Thanks for the feedback!

Where are you trying to access the site from. I'm having no issues in the states.

Thanks,
-Jon

no problem.  I am from the uk. it seems okay now.  i have noticed a few bugs and reported them to the contact address but received no response. I sent these a few months ago and the bugs seem to still be there. :/
If the bugs are fresh in your mind, please send them to jon [at] coinabul.com
Activity: 86
Merit: 13
Thanks for the feedback!

Where are you trying to access the site from. I'm having no issues in the states.

Thanks,
-Jon

no problem.  I am from the uk. it seems okay now.  i have noticed a few bugs and reported them to the contact address but received no response. I sent these a few months ago and the bugs seem to still be there. :/
Activity: 138
Merit: 100

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Hey Jon, I used the webform for one message and I just realized I spelled John with an "h" when I emailed.

Thanks for the update, will I get some sort of notification when my order is shipped?

Ah, misfortune! I'm always available at [email protected].

You should, if you did not receive a confirmation email then it is less likely. I'd check your spam folder. Feel free to email me for an update or check the account dashboard.

Thank you,
-Jon
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
I have successfully completed two transactions with coinabul.

for a grand total of 3troy oz of silver. (another 4 or 5 pending, yet to order.)

1 from the uk, it arrived in approx 2 weeks.
1 from australia, it arrived in approx 3-4 weeks.

Never had an answer when using the contact form or emailing support.  Although they do seem very diligent on this forum, and the tracking information was alright.  I got to see it leaving the USA, in both cases this was within 5 days.

I am trying to buy some gold at the moment, but I cannot get to the site.  I will try again tomorrow.

I would recommend coinabul.  and everyone I introduce to bitcoin I send them enough to order an oz of silver from coinabul then sit down and order it with them.  It makes the process really real to people. This is going to be my xmas presents to my friends abroad. Smiley

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks,
-Jon
Pages:
Jump to: