Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone using BTC to buy Silver/Gold on Coinabul? - page 3. (Read 14626 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 13
I have successfully completed two transactions with coinabul.

for a grand total of 3troy oz of silver. (another 4 or 5 pending, yet to order.)

1 from the uk, it arrived in approx 2 weeks.
1 from australia, it arrived in approx 3-4 weeks.

Never had an answer when using the contact form or emailing support.  Although they do seem very diligent on this forum, and the tracking information was alright.  I got to see it leaving the USA, in both cases this was within 5 days.

I am trying to buy some gold at the moment, but I cannot get to the site.  I will try again tomorrow.

I would recommend coinabul.  and everyone I introduce to bitcoin I send them enough to order an oz of silver from coinabul then sit down and order it with them.  It makes the process really real to people. This is going to be my xmas presents to my friends abroad. Smiley
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I bought a couple Sunshine Minting 5oz bars a little while ago. No problems at all. A little slow to initially post but I guess they needed to be purchased by Coinabul first then sent to me. I just patiently waited and they arrived. Plastic packaging of the bars wasn't the cleanest but I wasn't too worried about it. International shipping too, no issues and I am looking forward to them coming into stock again.

Regards,
JB
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
Hey Jon, I used the webform for one message and I just realized I spelled John with an "h" when I emailed.

Thanks for the update, will I get some sort of notification when my order is shipped?
Activity: 588
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
I've purchased quite a bit from them, and while slow at times, they have never failed to deliver

I'm assuming it's some problem or other,  and they'll eventually deliver, but I'm quite frustrated at the lack of response or even order confirmation.  I notice the 5oz bar of silver I purchased isn't available any longer so I wonder if they even had it to sell me.

Hey!

I didn't see any emails from you, make sure to direct them to Jon [at] Coinabul.com in the future and I'll make sure to get them handled.

Sunshine Minting has switched their supply routes around. We had to file additional paperwork which is now completed. We should have your bar, and more in stock, soon!
I've purchased quite a bit from them, and while slow at times, they have never failed to deliver

I'm assuming it's some problem or other,  and they'll eventually deliver, but I'm quite frustrated at the lack of response or even order confirmation.  I notice the 5oz bar of silver I purchased isn't available any longer so I wonder if they even had it to sell me.

Activity: 630
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
I don't know if it has anything to do with my using BTC or not, but I've place an order 2 weeks ago (for 5 oz of silver #200000349), paid for it in BTC but had to add a bit more because I was told the price was volatile(?) But the main thing, is I haven't heard back since, no confirmation, no reply to my emails or voicemails, not a sign that there's any awareness of my order.  I'm hoping my silver arrives tomorrow, but I would still VERY much like to hear back from coinabul, I was seriously planning to order a lot more in the future but this experience hasn't been confidence building.

Not surprised. Seems like every bitcoin service or business is non-responsive or scammy.
I don't know if it has anything to do with my using BTC or not, but I've place an order 2 weeks ago (for 5 oz of silver #200000349), paid for it in BTC but had to add a bit more because I was told the price was volatile(?) But the main thing, is I haven't heard back since, no confirmation, no reply to my emails or voicemails, not a sign that there's any awareness of my order.  I'm hoping my silver arrives tomorrow, but I would still VERY much like to hear back from coinabul, I was seriously planning to order a lot more in the future but this experience hasn't been confidence building.
Excellent Product well packed and as stated - I have always wanted to collect gold and silver so I started mining and converting it  - Here are some of the great stuff I got from Coinabul. I have weighed and measured each piece and everything I have received checks out 100%

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

Did you check the customer dashboard? I have tracking info for that order on my end. I see that you signed for it today.

Our shipping emails might just be getting spambox'd.

Thanks,
-Jon

No, I didn't receive your emails at all for this last order, and no they weren't in the spam box (I checked). To try tracking the order I was logging in to your site, clicking on "view order"->"track your order"
It shows my having signed for it now to me as well but as of the evening before I received the package it was only listing as "shipping info received electronically".

Could be an issue with the post office, with pre-printed postage they are not very good about actually scanning the delivery confirmation tags unless you hand them to them and wait for a receipt (I do that with my business shipping to ensure they get scanned) , might be a similar problem with signature tracking as well. Since it is first class mail (sorry I don't make enough BTC for large enough orders to qualify for the cut offs on the faster shipping) I would expect it to be several days in the actual USPS system before receiving it. Looks like it isn't making it in there somehow, like I said it is just possible that the receiving post office isn't scanning it in on receipt.

I'm not complaining here, just trying to let you know that the shipping procedure doesn't appear to be working as planned although the orders still get here.

Thralen
Thank you for all the info. We'll investigate Smiley

Thanks,
-Jon
Activity: 123
Merit: 100

Did you check the customer dashboard? I have tracking info for that order on my end. I see that you signed for it today.

Thanks,
-Jon

No, I didn't receive your emails at all for this last order, and no they weren't in the spam box (I checked). To try tracking the order I was logging in to your site, clicking on "view order"->"track your order"
It shows my having signed for it now to me as well but as of the evening before I received the package it was only listing as "shipping info received electronically".

Could be an issue with the post office, with pre-printed postage they are not very good about actually scanning the delivery confirmation tags unless you hand them to them and wait for a receipt (I do that with my business shipping to ensure they get scanned) , might be a similar problem with signature tracking as well. Since it is first class mail (sorry I don't make enough BTC for large enough orders to qualify for the cut offs on the faster shipping) I would expect it to be several days in the actual USPS system before receiving it. Looks like it isn't making it in there somehow, like I said it is just possible that the receiving post office isn't scanning it in on receipt.

I'm not complaining here, just trying to let you know that the shipping procedure doesn't appear to be working as planned although the orders still get here.

Thralen
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Weird! Probably an issue on the shipper's end. If you think it was an issue on our end, send me an email, jon [at] coinabul.com.

I am guessing shipper's end also, my last two orders had the same issue. It's not like I'm going to complain about being surprised by my PMs in the mail though unless I miss delivery due to it. Grin

Thralen

Thanks,
-Jon
Weird! Probably an issue on the shipper's end. If you think it was an issue on our end, send me an email, jon [at] coinabul.com.

I am guessing shipper's end also, my last two orders had the same issue. It's not like I'm going to complain about being surprised by my PMs in the mail though unless I miss delivery due to it. Grin

Thralen
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
If I'm not missing something buying here would be a horrible investment.
Incidentally, despite the tracking info still not being available last night, I received my order from 08-08-12 today.

Thanks again...
Thralen

Also, @AnonX: Yes, we have a slight premium. You do have to keep in mind that the premium is much lower for our bigger items. It's hard to fight the big boys for smaller items since they have a bigger operation and therefore less overhead. Luckily, thanks to Bitcoin, we ARE competitive if you look at 1oz gold bars.

We're getting bigger everyday which means everything runs smoother and cheaper.

Thanks,
-Jon
If I'm not missing something buying here would be a horrible investment.

Go check your other precious metals people selling for BTC online. You'll find massive minimum orders or no variety whatsoever. Then look through Coinabul's site and see the numerous different coins and/or bars for multiple sizes in both gold and silver. Sure maybe you could save a dollar or two per ounce by 1. cashing out through Mtgox (of course they take their cut) and then 2. ordering through Apmex (of course their normal markup on 1 ounce silver is around $2.49/ounce unless you buy in one of their sales).

Coinabul has a good setup and even if their recent delivery times are long, I'm willing to pay a little extra to not have to mess with a Mtgox account (which of course now needs registration) and transferring funds, placing order elsewhere, and giving them financial data, etc... makes the $9/ounce premium... oh wait $6.50/ounce premium over Apmex prices... oh wait less of a markup still when you remove Mtgox fees... seem well worth it. Especially when it is easier to maintain anonymity this way. Some people like that and are willing to pay for it.

So yes, I think you were missing something, several things actually.

Incidentally, despite the tracking info still not being available last night, I received my order from 08-08-12 today.

Thanks again...
Thralen
We've squashed the delays. Orders are now going through smoothly. Thanks for sticking with us through it!

Looks like it might be. The order I placed on 08-08-12 finally shifted over to 'completed' today, although tracking doesn't show it yet. Hoping you are right and the deliveries are as speedy as some of my earlier orders were (first order I placed with Coinabul I had the coins in my hand one week later).

Thralen
They are working on the ship times. I have purchased some gold and silver from them and they are as advertised. I measured and weighed each one for authenticity and have not had a problem yet. One suggestion is that it seems their gold and silver run on different baskets so you cannot buy both in one transaction, a minor detail. Overall a friendly site and well executed
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
We've squashed the delays. Orders are now going through smoothly. Thanks for sticking with us through it!

Glad to hear it! Ordered my bullion 5 days ago and the order is still "processing."

Still, you guys are offering a unique and badly needed service to the bitcoin community. Good to see the kinks are getting worked out.

Thank you for being patient! Smiley

And thank you for the kind words.

Cheers,
-Jon

Glad to hear it! Ordered my bullion 5 days ago and the order is still "processing."

Still, you guys are offering a unique and badly needed service to the bitcoin community. Good to see the kinks are getting worked out.
Why does everyone need their silver and gold so quickly?  Aren't you guys going to just sit on them forever anyhow?

(... =snip=...)

What's not to like besides a shipping delay for a commodity you plan on hanging onto for years?
=heh=

No, not everybody who buys bullion is going to sit on it for years. Here in the U.S. you can convert American bullion (Eagles) into cash without the restrictions that are on Krugerrands or other foreign bullion. So if you're of a mind, it's a good way to get some extra spending cash that you don't have to report to the IRS. Though of course you're supposed to, and no good little lemming -- err.. I mean citizen -- who "plays by the rules" would ever dream of not reporting all their income to the IR of S, now would they?  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: