Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone using BTC to buy Silver/Gold on Coinabul? - page 5. (Read 14624 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
If anyone is looking for maples, I have a thread here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.862751

I only charge around $9 over spot and have shipping for 3 BTC but I guarantee arrival within a week of me shipping it out.
Activity: 456
unless you dont wanna wait a month go with apmex (hope that makes sense)

What about BitcoinMint.US?  We usually ship within 24 hours.   Wink

you dont have much of a selection Sad
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

What about BitcoinMint.US?  We usually ship within 24 hours.   Wink

I think you guys are awesome when it comes to silver.  I was extremely pleased with the quality of the coins, the shipping time, and the reasonable price.  You were even kind enough to throw in a free 1g silver eagle on a deal which I thought was fantastic!

Unfortunately, when it comes to gold your prices are kind of out of this world.  A 1/10 oz. gold coin at BitcoinMint.US is priced like $50 more than Coinabul ($46.3 BTC vs. 36.6 BTC).  That's like $80 over spot price on a coin with $164 worth of gold.  Though I realize coins trade at a higher value than raw metal, a 50% markup over the raw metal value is a bit extreme.

Shipping times do rock though! Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
I wish they would reply to me...

I have sent them 3 emails asking about the status.. still no answer...
Please send me an email, jon [at] coinabul.com. I'll take care of your status update!

Re: Apmex on SpendBitcoins, we've never thought that Apmex satisfies customer needs.

Re: Shipping times on Coinabul. We're consistently getting faster and continuing to offer a wide variety of products. We'll be launching a new portion of the store dedicated to this aspect soon! Keep your eyes open for it! Smiley
Activity: 284
Merit: 251

What about BitcoinMint.US?  We usually ship within 24 hours.   Wink
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Apmex has a 1500 minumum for wire orders to the Great White North...... kinda kills it for me.
Apmex requires your credit card number even if you go through spendbitcoins. Sad  Trader Steve is a good option if you don't mind random rounds.

no problem I have a credit card.

if you check smaller quantities.. such as silver and gold grams.. things like that its not really worth it you end up paying the 12.95 shipping apmex - in that case coinabul is better.. unless you dont wanna wait a month go with apmex (hope that makes sense)
Activity: 533
^Bitcoin Library of Congress.
Apmex requires your credit card number even if you go through spendbitcoins. Sad  Trader Steve is a good option if you don't mind random rounds.
You can buy at apmex prices at spendbitcoins.com with apmex shipping times and Jeremy West that runs that site posts here and always takes care of me within 12 hours as advertised. I compared what it would cost to buy a 1oz Gold Eagle and after all cost (wire fee, coin, shipping) it was about $50 cheaper than coinabul without the long wait people are reporting here.

I'm not affiliated in any way to spendbitcoins.com I just use the service a lot and he does me right every time so I'm spreading the love. Besides competition is a good thing right.

didnt know spendbitcoins had apmex now..

just checked out the prices and you are right.  thanks for the heads up! no more wait times for this guy!
Activity: 252
You can buy at apmex prices at spendbitcoins.com with apmex shipping times and Jeremy West that runs that site posts here and always takes care of me within 12 hours as advertised. I compared what it would cost to buy a 1oz Gold Eagle and after all cost (wire fee, coin, shipping) it was about $50 cheaper than coinabul without the long wait people are reporting here.

I'm not affiliated in any way to spendbitcoins.com I just use the service a lot and he does me right every time so I'm spreading the love. Besides competition is a good thing right.
legendary

Did you try sending them a PM?

I had questions too after I ordered because of processing delays, but he responded quickly to PMs (usually within a day max).
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

legendary
I ordered a 1/10 oz. Gold Panda from Coinabul several weeks ago.

The coin arrived yesterday and I couldn't be more satisfied Smiley  Like others, I was concerned at first about the processing delays.  But, Coinabul kept me up to speed with my order and any time I had a question, he responded quickly.

Very awesome, beautiful coins, good prices, will do business again.
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
I wish they would have a little more items in stock.. would work wonders with their shipping delays.. put my order in on 4/1/12.. inquired about when to expect items via their contact form.. no response.. inquired again.. finally got a response said it would be shipped 4/13/12.. checked just now.. still says processing.. Im sure ill get my items but I would like to get them while gold and silver are still considered precious metals  Grin
Hey Dirtycat,

I just sent you an order update via PM. Can you please reply with any associated logs about your first email to me over PM. I'll investigate why your inquiry didn't get answered.

As for your order, I apologize for the delay. We're working on making the ordering process much smoother. As you might have seen, we offer a lot of products, which means we need to store our products in a warehouse. Getting the products out of the warehouse is where the biggest slowdown occurs.

Thank you for being a Coinabul customer!

-Jon
I wish they would have a little more items in stock.. would work wonders with their shipping delays.. put my order in on 4/1/12.. inquired about when to expect items via their contact form.. no response.. inquired again.. finally got a response said it would be shipped 4/13/12.. checked just now.. still says processing.. Im sure ill get my items but I would like to get them while gold and silver are still considered precious metals  Grin
Activity: 68
Merit: 12
Coinabul is a great gold dealer. The gold spot price is automatically adjusted, and the bitcoin/usd price follows the mtgox price very well. I have made gold purchases from Coinabul and have been very satisfied every time. If anything goes wrong they are very easy to get in touch with (email or IRC) and are very good at solving issues. If I had more money, I'd buy everything they had in the shop Smiley
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
I placed an order on the 7th of March, 2012.

The status on the website is "Processing"

Same I put one on March 4... Looks like we're all being scammed. First time around I got my goods...this time not so.
We're still shipping our goods out. Your order may have had a slight delay. Please email me, Jon [at] Coinabul.com. No need to jump to conclusions.
Activity: 182
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

Same I put one on March 4... Looks like we're all being scammed. First time around I got my goods...this time not so.
Activity: 256
Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors

Activity: 151
Got my order today, shipping not all that bad 10days from Wyoming to Alberta (customs probably had it a few days). The week or so of processing leaves a bit to be desired but it was just after the new-years Holliday. I was a bit worried, but mostly because it was my first purchase of some significant value with BTC.

All in all, a pretty good transaction. I was a bit miffed at some missed emails, but really for almost instant answers check out Coinabul in their IRC channel.
Pages:
Jump to: