Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyroll's 10 BTC giveaway is a scam, he sent me and others a phishing link - page 2. (Read 7241 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
i am still awaiting my fucking 10 btc ...  Angry
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.
Hacking an account is not that easy...
Hacking 2 accounts in a row within 24 hours on a board like this - crowded with mostly 'aware' people - seems very, very unlikely.

Should I open a bet about syn and anyroll being the same guy on bitbet ?
I'd bet for yes, I guess...  Cheesy
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
Agreed, this is obviously a scam and I hope it is checked out thoroughly. 
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Is it not possible that anyroll and syn999 are the same person? (or friends)... and that they were attempting to scam people into providing their btc-e username/password through a ready-to-go phishing email, and then just accessed their account with an anonymous/random IP to send it, and just acted like their account was hacked.  I am confused as to why 10BTC was never given out. It seems like this was just fake from the get go, with a 'hacking' attempt as a way to get out of responsibility for it. anyroll didn't appear to lose any BTC, so why isn't the drawing continuing, who won the 10BTC he was giving away?  nobody.  scammer in my book... but apparently not the forum's responsibility... I assume the forum, at least, has a responsibility to label/ban them??

In the end, they didn't have to hand out 10BTC, they still got their phishing message to people (whether it was successful or not), and haven't been banned/labelled. Win-Win-Win for them.

Not comforting...
Activity: 308
decentralizedhashing.com
Never just click links, check (usually in the bottom left corner of the browser) if the site matches what you are trying to click.   Dunno if this can be said often enough
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey
Double scammer tag please.
Activity: 250
As I was reading the thread, I got bored until syn999's message, than I started to laugh! Smiley

Wouldn't GPG Signed messages help? I mean, it should be mandatory for the person organizing the lottery to sign his announcement and the sign every following message including PMs. Even if his forum account would get hacked, the hacker wouldn't be able to sign the messages.

But then again, who would take the trouble to verify the signature...?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
wow this guy know how to scam

create two users with many post, anyroll and syn999
send phishing msg
plan a failed(no one have btc on btc-e)
start plan b
declare he got hacked
use the other account to say that he got the giveaway
restore the users trust
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Still no scammer tag???

Forgot which threads mod gave ban hammer already and were right on it and deleted inbox mails
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
Yeahhhhh "GIVING AWAY 10BTC" and then when its nearing the point of all the numbers being taken, He sends out phising scam links to steal funds, Claims he was hacked, Locks the thread and never "gives away" 10btc.

That, to me has "i tried to scam" written all over it.

Why would he lock the giveaway thread and Cancel the entire giveaway?
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Honestly, the notice that I won made me feel good for 5 seconds this morning, before my brain kicked in.

"Sometimes I think it's a sin when I feel like I'm winning when I'm losing again." -Gordon Lightfoot
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
PS: stupid question. let's just hgan the bastard...

Yeah lets hgan the shit out of him....whatever that is.

FFS... you're abnormal if you can't see I meant "hang"... ::}
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Guys I won the giveaway! In that I ACTUALLY received the 10 BTC from anyroll.  Grin
He contacted me this morning on a noob account and told me I was the winner, he said admin banned him from posting and updating giveaway thread.

I also thought he was a hacker when I recieved the spam but now I believe hes a standup guy. I just dont think a hacker would ever pay out the 10 BTC. I contacted admin about this, we will see what happens.

From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=198694.0 , you posted:

address as signature

Address in signature:
14SvehsaFj5iGPm28z7UYtmFdJuNEsEDiJ

Blockexplorer: https://blockexplorer.com/address/14SvehsaFj5iGPm28z7UYtmFdJuNEsEDiJ
Received BTC: 0.53585589

Maybe I'm just an idiot...

//EDIT: for clarity: No, there's no sign of 10 BTC arriving at the address you publicly posted.

my account got hacked early and apparently the hacker was not very smart.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1006

Yeah lets hgan the shit out of him....whatever that is.
legendary
Activity: 1449

I'm confused, syn999 said he won.
But there's a post on the forum stating he got hacked.

What is going on.

probably the same user.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114

I'm confused, syn999 said he won.
But there's a post on the forum stating he got hacked.

What is going on.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Should I request a perma-ban to the dude who said he got paid the 10 BTC?
Tits or GTFO!

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
So what's up this is a scam right? I got the pm winning wrote back and any roll replied . Can we either have scam tag for him or not because people are going to go through with this?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Guys I won the giveaway! In that I ACTUALLY received the 10 BTC from anyroll.  Grin
He contacted me this morning on a noob account and told me I was the winner, he said admin banned him from posting and updating giveaway thread.

I also thought he was a hacker when I recieved the spam but now I believe hes a standup guy. I just dont think a hacker would ever pay out the 10 BTC. I contacted admin about this, we will see what happens.

Bullshit.
Pages:
Jump to: