Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyroll's 10 BTC giveaway is a scam, he sent me and others a phishing link - page 3. (Read 7241 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Guys I won the giveaway! In that I ACTUALLY received the 10 BTC from anyroll.  Grin
He contacted me this morning on a noob account and told me I was the winner, he said admin banned him from posting and updating giveaway thread.

I also thought he was a hacker when I recieved the spam but now I believe hes a standup guy. I just dont think a hacker would ever pay out the 10 BTC. I contacted admin about this, we will see what happens.

From https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=198694.0 , you posted:

address as signature

Address in signature:
14SvehsaFj5iGPm28z7UYtmFdJuNEsEDiJ

Blockexplorer: https://blockexplorer.com/address/14SvehsaFj5iGPm28z7UYtmFdJuNEsEDiJ
Received BTC: 0.53585589

Maybe I'm just an idiot...

//EDIT: for clarity: No, there's no sign of 10 BTC arriving at the address you publicly posted.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Either that or you're a random1234 username that's been planted to make it look like there's someone sticking up for him.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Guys I won the giveaway! In that I ACTUALLY received the 10 BTC from anyroll.  Grin
He contacted me this morning on a noob account and told me I was the winner, he said admin banned him from posting and updating giveaway thread.

I also thought he was a hacker when I recieved the spam but now I believe hes a standup guy. I just dont think a hacker would ever pay out the 10 BTC. I contacted admin about this, we will see what happens.

Wow... nice! That throws an interesting curve into the storyline. Well, congrats! What was the winning number, by the way?
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
Wow.  Shocked
Feel like paying some to the affected users, or not? Please give a txid.
Activity: 196
Guys I won the giveaway! In that I ACTUALLY received the 10 BTC from anyroll.  Grin

Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
Add a scammer tag while you're at it. Tongue
I mean seriously: "Sent to ". That caught my eye, and I thought "scam".
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
You guys should feel lucky... Now I'm not going to win the "real" drawing, and I didn't even get to feel a little joy from the fake one. No message for me  Cry 
Activity: 157
Hello!
What a pathetic scam attempt. I mean if I used BTC-e as an exchange regularly I would have it bookmarked, not click someones link from a PM. Jokes.  Cheesy
Activity: 55
man, I got the link too

Atleast I don't have a BTC-e account xD
rme
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
REPLY HAS BEEN ADDED:

Hello,

Reported website has been removed from our server. We would like to thank you for reporting abuse.

Many Thanks,
Helpdesk Staff
www.000webhost.com

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000
May the coin be with you..
I thought it was too good to be true, and a quick search revealed it was!  Cry
Activity: 229
He wanted to get btc-e login details ?
Activity: 46
Feeling a bit left out. Didn't get the pm with the phishing link.
Same here, didn't win the Bitcoin and didn't even rate a phishing link, guess Ill have to change my aftershave or something.
You know, I never even noticed that he only registered on May 1st... he must have been posting like a fiend in order to get up to "Full Member" status so fast. I've been registered here since 2011 and still only Junior member status. I guess some people have more to say than others....  Wink
Activity: 381
Merit: 274
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Holy shit , i was so happy when I got that message I thought wow my day surely begins well !
Luckily i did not click on the link, dunno why but i always prefer to type btc-e.com address by myself Smiley
I am just pissed because the message made me thought that for once i was lucky.

Now I think this Anyroll guy is THE scammer of the month.
I don't believe him when he pretend only 20 messages has been sent....or I am the most unlucky person on earth Smiley
Yeah, I received the phishing messages as well.... however, I'm in this terrible habit of never checking for messages. I didn't even know they were there until I read the posts in the contest thread (which is now locked, by the way... even if anyroll is legit and his account was hacked, he can't really post the results there now).

Interestingly enough, I just went into my inbox to check something about the messages (yes, plural... I got 2 copies sent about a minute apart), and they are now deleted. Looks like the admins are all over this. "CSI: BitcoinTalk", FTW!
Activity: 30
Feeling a bit left out. Didn't get the pm with the phishing link.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Man that sucked! Woho I won aswell. Now I dont have to deal with my annoying coins Cheesy
Good times no need to become bull! Grin
Activity: 503
Merit: 501
Thanks for the warning! I got the scammer/winner link too.
Activity: 42
Man that sucked! Woho I won aswell. Now I dont have to deal with my annoying coins Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: